Old 01-19-2006, 07:54 AM   #61  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,
Not much going on in my world. Hanging in there on the exercise and food. Need to get to bed earlier and step up the water. Always something.

Speaking of sleep - posting at 3am PW? Sounds like you are drifting back to not so great habits yourself. C'mon - hand extended, it's time to shift the bits and get back to a better routine.

Madcat, with your unique and funny way of looking at the world you could never become bridezilla. Babble away at the wedding. We live vicariously through posters Might not want to wait too long on the rings, even if you are doing just a nice set of matching bands, you can't just go into a store and pick them up. They need to be ordered and things always take 3 times as long as when you're in a hurry. I think you'd look fabulous in some vintage frock.

to Ceejay's baby sister, enjoy the new crusin' machine

Shad, did you get any rain or just a teaser? Hope it's sunny for the BBQ. Any more word on the menu? I guess it's not quite the big deal as to losing DS' flight info - UNLESS it was you that was supposed to pick him up at the airport.

Is the living room all nice and shiny now Mel? Snowflakes have been blown your way but they may melt before they arrive.

Hmmm the glass in the front entryway is looking decidedly pinkish. Must mean it's a pretty sunrise. Must go look. Later chicks...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:45 AM   #62  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood......

Happy~ your post reminded me of my Gram when she would tell us that "A red sky at night is a Sailor's delight, A red sky in the morning is a sailor's warning". Hope yours was a beautiful one.

PW~ Old Man Winter seems to be very confused this year. And some for all the rest. You can do this.

Shad~ I like the sound of DS's fare. I'll have some of the same. Much less heartburn for Mel.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERSHEY AND CEEJAY'S SIS!!!
HOPE SHE ENJOYS THE NEW CAR!!

Ceejay~ Very nice BD present!!! Good luck with the meeting too.

Mad~ Very Halloweenish here at night too. Winds and gusts and goblins flying. All the things that go bump in the night were flying these last few nights! So let me get this right...you have a date and a honeymoon and of course the BF.....I guess that will make a wedding!!! If you need an officiate, just call me and I'll come running The dress idea sounds great too. I love vintage or things "different".

No shopping today. Chilly Willy is off today. Tomorrow is even better cause things stay fresher till Monday. I got a bit sidetracjked with Jen and then a long phone call from an ex office worker. I also caved in a bit with a craving () for some reason the phone call started it off. Hmmmm......will have to ponder that. Today I am sorting through books. Now why do I buy them and then never look at then and end up giving them away? Is this some deep rooted ritual from generations gone by?! I definitely associate them with my long lost Mother (whom I never knew) and my Gram (who raised us). So does that make them "comfort books"??? Probably not as silly as it sounded to me before I typed it!! Well Chicks, I am off and running before I let this day slide by because every bone in my body would like to do that today!
A happy day to you all!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #63  

hi folks bit hectic here im trying to train the family and i stop smoking tommorrow ,all is well and calm ,but very wet and muddy so my mops getting a work out love to you all and back later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:37 PM   #64  

Madcat~ go to that Vampire clothing store on Queen West and have one custom made!!!! Dont know why I thought that. There a fab 2nd hand, vintage stores in TO. You will find some thing smashing!!!

Meadow~ put down the Mars bars.

Much accomplished for School Council and Avon today. DS home in 4 minutes.

I keep thinking of things I want to chat about but just dont have time. HUGS and LOVE!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:44 PM   #65  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Quick look in this morning. I have much to do before DS1 arrives tonight. Yes Happy, it is me picking them up and my memory wasn't that bad. I have to pick them at 2145 so a late trip to the airport for me tonight. I'm usually asleep on the couch by then.

It's raining today. Rained steadily all night as well. So everything is a bit wet out there. Can't finish mowing the lawns, can't finish the edges. Better see if we can get some fine weather tomorrow for the bbq. I have 14 coming. The house will be full.

The menu is chips and dips, bbq leg of lamb with rosemary and garlic, bbq chicken with Italian seasoning, caramelised onion and goats cheese tart, roast vege frittata, roast potatoes, sweet potato and butternut pumpkin, green salad, greek salad and maybe a rice salad, extras will be marinated artichoke hearts, pepperonelli and roasted red pepper, freshmade grain bread and white rolls for the kids, fresh fruit and cheese platter with crackers. Think that will probably be enough. I've just pulled the chicken and lamb from the freezer and will be able to season them tonight.

Painter, good to see you back and posting and to know you are okay. Setting up a business is traumatic at the best of times, resurrecting it must be horrendous. for you. I can understand why you were up in the middle of the night.

Happy, good to hear of the exercise moving along. Try for perfection in only one area. It's too hard to maintain in every area of your life I'm with it now with the flight stuff. I will be there.

Mel - I have some wonderful lo fat vegetarian recipes if you want them. Everytime DS1 comes here I experiment with a new one for him. He always gives an honest answer - which sometimes I don't want to hear I might add.

Mad - I can see you in a slinky silver lame or gold lame - not sure about the brocade - shades of Scarlett O'Hara and the velvet curtains. Ramble on about the wedding,we can all live vicariously through this wedding (and thank the lord it is not me planning it). You need to think about a companion for FANG since you have the fella and the place, all you ever need.

Linus - good to hear from you and to know all is well. So happy peace is continuing.

Ceejay - we often seem to be posting around the same time - hi.

Gotta run (to quote Tig) there is still a mountain of things to be done and time is moving swiftly along.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

PainterWoman: It's time you should be in the bed getting some zzzzz's.

Madcat--If we get to vote on the dress, I'd choose silver.

Shad--Pizza that has fiber and healthy. Don't think they have that in the states yet. I did see a Hawiian pizza that looked good,that was made on slices of French bread. Might have to try that one.

Hello to Happy, Mel, Meadow and Holly.

I had to go to a district meeting today. I almost turned around and came back home but I sat with 2 other ladies in the back. This field is short on women, and sitting towrd the back I didn't feel to claustrophobic. I ate sensibly also and the big thing of the day I did not allow myself that Krispy Kreme Doughnut.

I stopped by a Super Walmart and found the ankle weights that I wanted. It goes from 2 pounds to 10 pounds. I spent 100 dollars and did not splurge on anything.

Dancing with the stars is on, this has become my favorite show.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:58 PM   #67  
Smackin' into a Wall

Busy day at work today - but a productive one. Made it to the gym this morning. Weights and cardio. I am following the Ultimate Shad 15 Minute Miracle Cardio Program. Brought lunch to work. Even had fruit. Had to have dinner from McDs but I had the Chicken McGrill and wiped the mayo off. I really don't like mayo. Not a great food day, but a better food day. On to commenting:

Ceejay ~ excellent work on avoiding the dread Krispy Kreme! You are the poster child for self-restraint today. Good going.

Shad ~ Morning Shaddie. Hope your BBQ goes well. It all sounds yummy. Can I come? I'm afraid I'd be a tad late even if I left right now. I'll send a message to the weather gawds for you.

Linus ~ Good luck in the start of a new non-smoking lifestyle. You can do it.

Mel ~ Hmm, a connection between chocolate cravings and an emotional phone call?? Who would have thought? And I completely understand the connection between comfort and books. They are the refuge from a less than satisfactory reality sometimes. But if you haven't read them it is time.

Happy ~ How was the sunrise? Thanks for the ring advice. I think we will move the timetable up on that one.

PW ~ Being self employed is really scary sometimes. But you have to remember that anything we can imagine will always be scarier than what will happen. When it comes down to it you have to remember you have a lot to offer… and even if the worst thing imaginable were to happen with the business, no one will actually die, will they? I think not. Is there someone you can get to help you formulate a plan? Maybe you just need a little outside intervention.

Howdy everyone else.

Hey and I got some pictures from New Years and I can finally post a picture of Fang (not too clear but it should give you the idea). And a picture of the red hair thrown in for good measure.
http://www.vex.net/~madcat/Misc/Fang2.jpg

http://www.vex.net/~madcat/Misc/newyears2006.jpg
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:30 PM   #68  

If the Ultimate Shad 15 minute miracle cardio program works for you hey that's great, great, GREAT. I'm all for movin' around and getting it done.

You're welcome to come along. We'll hold it till you get here. Please stop asking the Weather Gods for help. It's pouring down here. More rain that we previously had for the month today. Must be the Canadian version of the Rain Dance?
Old 01-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #69  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh man, I was going to say something about you and weather Shad but guess I'll think better on that However I will feel free to comment that your menu sounds delicious. save me some leftovers, send them along with Madcat.

Madcat, fang is bee-U-tee-ful oooooooooohhhh. Love the hair - you are so cute in red, love the gold shawl, and is that hunky looking guy you're playing hand-sies with the one and only, fang bestower, TB???? Got yourself a cutie there! Mel will be asking if he has brothers or friends and if said happen to be firemen, we will see her famous wheels of fire.

I have to try that 15 minute miracle cardio program. I had a really hard time pushing myself to exercise tonight. I gave myself a good talking to and just did it. But not enthusiastically.

The sunrise was so pretty, I'm glad I got up and looked. The sky was blue and brilliant tinges of neon pink against just barely white clouds. We get blues and pinks in the morning, and then purples, grays, pinks, reds and golds at night. I love the blues and pinks as a backdrop to the silhouette of the black shadows of the bare winter trees. There are some things in life (not even food related if you can imagine) that I will stop what I'm doing to savor - Shooting stars, sunrises and sets, delicate flower buds and cute little birdies. And I can thank the worst job that I ever had - the one that almost killed me - for teaching me to enjoy the things right in front of my face.

Linus, it is by my account the wee hours of Friday morning in Edinburgh. Stay strong my friend, I'm pulling for you. I had one last piece of dark chocolate and saluted you tonight. Did you toss the ciggies? I think I'm finally ready to dump the unopened pack I've been carrying in my purse since April 2004. Good luck to you, I hope everyone works on keeping the stress levels away from you. Probably not, but you are a strong fiesty chick, aren't you?

Ceejay, I am VERY proud of you for resisting that Krispy Kreme. I am tempted when I see them in the store - it's been probably a year and a half since I had one - the lure is very appealing so good on you for resisting. Kudos for keeping your spending in check too. I feel for you being one of the few women in a male dominated field. Been there and it's not easy at all. Turns ordinary nice people like ourselves into fiesty, "don't give me no garbage Mister" chickies. Leave me be or I'll peck your eyes out

Shad, I would love to hear about your low fat vegetarian recipes. Please share. Of course they have to be ingredients we can get here in the states. DH and I were in the coffee store this weekend and they had mugs containing sticks / straws / sleeves / packages of FLAVORED HONEY!!! I was soooo excited I almost made a ruckus in the store. I told DH I should buy some for you just to prove that we have more than clover honey but he said what with imports and border patrols and customs we'd probably get arrested and no doubt ours would just be way bland and disappointing to you. And what goes into a rice salad?

Holly, maybe not the Vampire store for a wedding dress - don't think Madcat is goth - that will give them something to discuss in the debating chamber! However the vintage stores were a good suggestion.

Painter, hope you got a few nice things on your latest shopping trip.

I'm glad it's Friday. Sometimes if it were say, Tuesday I don't think I could deal with it. I can handle just about anything on Friday.

I hope the sun shines and things dry out down in Brissy. Night t'all.

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-20-2006 at 07:42 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:32 AM   #70  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Some tenants already here this morning wanting me to "fix" the hot water problem....well we are waiting for the arrival of our new custom made boiler and there is nothing Mellie can do....slam door! another day in NJ has started. LOL
Nothing new and nothing to report or even confess for that matter. Just feeling a bit like I'm in limbo. (sigh)
TGIF and I'll do more clearing out this weekend.
***All **** must be breaking loose downstairs.....several phone calls and one trip down today since I started this post!! They must be missing their Den Mother!

Mad~ The ring and the beau are both gorgeous!! Jen and I are sending you good wedding planning vibes!!
She of course loves the red hair because from time to time she's a redhead too! lol You look stunning and your shawl is beautiful. I see in the picture a very lucky man and woman.

Shad~Your BBQ is going to be the talk of the family this year. I hope you get to enjoy some of it yourself! Lots of work and activity keeping you busy I can see.

Ceejay~ I have yet to have one of those donuts! lol Guess I should consider myself lucky. Good for you resisting and have fun with the weights.

Happy~ Taking time to smell the roses as they say is a good thing. Maybe you can teach me that as well. I am always in such a rush! Funny you should talk about my wheels of fire. I was just saying to Jen that I was missing them a bit even though I like playing with the avatars. LOL
Whether enthusiastically or not...at least you got the exercise in!

Linus dear friend Hope the family cooperates and that you stay strong!! I know you can do this!! Good luck and we are all here if you want to vent!!! Keep a journal.....it might help with the stress.

Holly is on the run................

Where are all the other Worldly chicks??? Mary??? Nae??? Tig??? Teel????? Lisa???? Meadow????? Are you all taking a collective break?!? Inquiring minds need to know these things!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:40 AM   #71  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Morning, afternoon, and evening, ladies! Sorry to be missing in action, but for a short week, this sure was long! Plenty going on at the office, and then Tuesday was our wedding anniversary, which didn't go as planned. Such is the life of the self employed man- last minute schedule changes, but you have to roll with the punches, they say. Makes for a long, tiring week,but it is Friday, and that means the start of my second job- the setting up of the new house .

Hubby has a slow day today, so he's going to make a BeastRun(TM) (Trip with the loaded Durango) to the house & drop off the bed parts, so tonight I can get that set up first and foremost. Once I get home, it's a quick packing of clothing for the weekend, sheet selection from the closet for making the bed tonight, and then a side trip to the storage unit to load up boxes of cookware, storage containers, plates, silverware, and kitchen stuff. I'll be spending Saturday washing everything & finding homes for it. Hubby will be helping me get things on the upper shelves, but will be spending most of his time trying to keep the sod alive. 2 weekends of frost, and no one watering it during the week is taking its toll on it. If it dies, well, that's a lot of bare, brown area to try and seed by hand.

Yesterday we had 3 hours of meetings. Today, we have a training class, and then another meeting. This'll be fun. The good part- I'll be able to go to the park for an hour during lunch, and then my least favorite teammate has a doctor's appointment from 1-2:30 for her elbow...so I'll have a lot of peace and quiet today! Yippie! I might actually be able to hear myself think. With any luck, I'll still be ABLE to think!

Water has been good, food has been eh, and exercise- if you don't count cleaning and packing and moving of boxes, I've done nothing. I've been so tired this week, so maybe having the bed put together and not sleeping on the air mattress will let me get a nice, restful nice sleep, so I'm not dragging butt before the next week even starts! I shouldn't complain- my fat body isn't protesting as much as it could, and I can still get up and move, albeit a little stiffly, after a night on the air mattress. As long as the parts still work, I'm good.

Sorry I didn't go back and leave comments- no time to catch up on reading this morning before the training class starts. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:09 AM   #72  

Shad~ your meal is pretty much all my fav foods in the world!!!! ENJOY!!!

Mel~ turn off the phone. Shut the door and take a bubble bath.

Hi Happy,Jennifer, CJ, HUGS PW.
Waving hi to all.

I had a Avon district meeting last night. When we introduced oursleves we were asked to say what we were thankful for. I said choices. I had the choice of being home with my kids for 7 years, I have the choice to building a home based business and so on. I am deeply thankful for these things.
My hubby was disgruntled with me last night right before bed and I dont know why. He refused to talk about it. I sat and told him I would listen...no deal. So I said I love you and walked away.
It’s going up to +8C/46F, all the snow is melting again.

DS is playing hockey at the big arena in the city tonight for 5:30 then we stay and watch our local Juniors. Very excited little boy.

Today I will pay bills, clear the darned diningroon table, finish up Avon client lists.

DD is still home sick, She has a deep chest cold.

I made tabouli yesterday enough for 2 meals. I had 1 serving for lunch and the rest for a snack. sigh

I am going up to hubby's home town tomorrow to sign up a new rep on my team. I will visit dearSIL and a dear friend!!!!!

‘Spose that’s it for now.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello to all,

I've been rethinking this attitude that I have been having about not counting everything I eat. If I go armed with information to the doctor's office in Februrary/March I'm going to need to do this especially for the blood sugar levels. I'm shooting for the range that my doctor's office uses which is 65-99mg/dl, the test strips show different range. So that's one issue I am going to talk to him about.

Mel--Sorry that you are experiencing boiler problem's.

Jennifer--I know you are excited about getting into your new house and getting to sleep in your own bed tonight.

Holly--be careful in your travel's. Have a good visit.

Shad--Did I miss out on the bbq? How did it go?

Happy--I agree that we need to stop and explore nature for a bit. I can see the sunset's when I'm driving home this time of the year. They have been having all of my favorite colors.

PainterWoman--Did you go shopping in the area that we ate lunch?

MadCat--The fang/ring is beautiful. We now have 2 red heads.

My day is just beginning even though I've been up since 7 a.m. The pay check came this morning at 7:30 a.m. I need to go to H and R Block to get my taxes prepared, deposit the pay check and pay the phone bill. I want to shampoo the living room carpet today and do laundry.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:20 PM   #74  
Radiate self!

8 miles done It is snowing like gangbusters outside!! I used the four wheel drive for the first time this morning taking the kids to school, about six inches so far and not abating Mommy in a ditch visions but I'll take it slow when I pick them up this afternoon. The kids are totally pumped, they were already planning what kinds of fun they were going to have climbing the snow wall and creating snow angels and snow people.

Mel-good gravy, they sure seek you out whenever there is a problem don't they? Silly beans, can't they just suffer quietly and not drag you into the fray? Order some spring bulbs and plant them in a pot so you can enjoy the little sprouts from start to finish. Put those people out of your head, they are so needy, don't allow them to drain you.

Shad-I can smell smoke, is that your barbecue wafting up this way on the trade winds? I hope it is going wonderfully.

Madcat-Oh wow, that is an amazing dazzler! Thank you for showing it to us I wanted to grab your hand through the screen and coo with you about it You both look very connected and dear, all the best for the day

Jennifer-enjoy the peace and quiet at work May tonights sleep on the proper bed be all that you hope for and more... kill the air mattress

Holly-Good gravy, another rep!! You little recruiter you I bet Avon has never had it so good. Congratulations. Have fun at the hockey tonight

Ceejay-wow, full day for you! Shampooing the carpet, with one of those big machines? make sure you suck out all that water, even when you think it is all gone, if you go over it again, you get more. You don't want mildew setting in.

Happy-sigh, I'm always busy trying to get my kids in gear in the morning and I miss the sunrises. I should make an effort to open the curtains when we get up and maybe I will catch a glimpse on of these days. You make me smile every time I read your descriptions, I would love to have a moment like that.

Linus-best of good energy to you! May the little coughing sticks be a thing of the past. May you enjoy the smell of little CJ and his beautiful little baby breath and sweet little cherub cheeks and little stubby toes and delightful gurgle, burble.

PW-come up here, you will see lots of winter I hope your busy days are easing and you are getting so painting in and some good thoughts winding their way through your head to assist you on your way

LindaT-Did you get the job? Are you official? Enquiring minds want to know

Hi everybody!
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:46 PM   #75  

Morning all,

Well the young ones are here and it is so nice to see them again. I picked them up last night and got them back home in the rain. We then chatted and they wandered around seeing what I had done from the previous visit from DS1. The stars came out and we thought we were in for a good day, but no this morning the rain is back harder than ever. Plan B calls for the BBQ to be transported to the carport and the party will proceed from there. DS1 wandered through the boxes I had put out for him to sort and had a sort of back to school vision.

Happy I will reproduce the recipes for you over the next couple of days and continue as I try out new ones. There is one for a pizza of mushrooms, ricotta cheese and tomatoes in that book which I am dying to try out. Supposed to have only 5 grams of fat per serve. I'll pass on the honey thanks - I'm not a great honey fan, I was just surprised that all we could see was clover honey. I was concerned about boredom for the bees! and I always wonder how one insists that ones bees only have clover and no nectar from any other plant. Do they keep the bees on a leash or something? Get off that rose - bad bee! How do you train a bee? By the same token, I wonder about the honey here - how can they be so sure that the bee landed only on the Brushbox flower, or the spotted gum or the Leatherwood tree. And how does it make a difference? Surely honey is honey? Dh is absolutely right - if you tried to send it over here the bloodhounds would be on both of our heels.
Rice salad is made up of rice cooked in stock by the absorbtion method and then mixed with a variety of colourful veg - such as red bell pepper, maybe a bit of finely chopped chili, parsley, corn kernels, diced tomatoes, herbs, then a flavourful dressing (todays one will be roasted red capsicum (Kraft) flavour) gently folded through. Pepper and salt to taste. I serve mine in iceberg lettuce cups. You can do the same for pasta.
As for the exercise - well one can get through anything if it is just for 15 minutes. I'm still telling myself that when the legs are on fire on the eliptical and the bike seat is hard and unyielding or the rowing machine is becoming painful for the hips.

Mel - so you are in charge of the new boiler now too are you? Who's the old boiler? Or is that an Aussieism? It's what happens when the willing are left in charge. The whingers and the unwilling are always wanting to know what you are about to do about it. Stay strong and get a well made door if you are going to slam it!

Jennifer - you were missed (as Mary is missing!!). Good luck on the shift or partial shift to the new place. Once the kitchen comes alive you will feel more at home there - and the good bed will make a huge difference. Shifting counts as exercise. Just watch the stress levels.

Holly - I love tabouleh. It is so nice and fresh tasting. Pity my parsley is going a bit old or I would have made some today.
Hope DH gets over the grouch and that DS has a wonderful time at the hockey. Sorry to hear the DD is not well.
You're going well on the Avon.

Ceejay - gotta love those paychecks coming around. I get my tax refund last week. Oh it was so nice.
Keep stats of those blood readings for the doctor. He/ she will need those to make an informed decision.

Madcat - what dazzlers - and that goes for the three of you in the relationship - You, TB and Fang. You both look very happy together. Fang doesn't look dangerous from this photo.

Okay, time to go. Time to get busy cooking and cleaning up after me etc. I can see the DS1 is home - I made a loaf of bread yesterday. I only got a couple of slices. Not much left of it now! Better put another loaf on this morning.
Hey the sky is clearing. Yeehaa. Madcat must be doing the clear weather dance over there.

Morning to all lurkers and especially to those missing in action at this time.