Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Susie - Stupid scales!! No doubt most of it is water. Don't worry it will come off! I think my snacking is mostly the change in weather...it's so cold now and also with the darkness coming early I just want to sit in front of my fireplace and be cozy, and yeah that includes a big cup of hot chocolate and cookies! lol...
Old 11-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #392  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hey Carri, Liz, Susie Okay it's time 'Start Sprinkling Yourselves' We R Chicks Taking Control of Our Bodies & Health Today!
Nobody forces me to eat 3 cookies instead of 1, candy, etc. When our kids R naughty we have them write sentences to stop bad things & write what they should have done instead...well it's time to take our own advice...like writing Affirmations...I Will eat 1/2 serving of what I would normally eat......The Choice Is Mine...a TOPS motto.

Yesterday was my TOPS WI & I Lost -1# with all the junk-food stress eating & my broken toe I felt certain I would have a 3#-4# gain. My other KOPS at TOPS reminded me that yes I had several binges after dad died, However my metabolism Has changed from my -25# weight loss 3 years ago, maintaining at 150#. So now I don't gain weight now quickly if I am somewhat active.

That does make sense. But...my emotional eating Did Teach me a Valuable Lesson...I'm going to make a couple of Emergency Binge Kits & put them in my freezer, consisting of yummy, nutritious foods I made 2 kits last year & my DH ate them. But he won't eat onions, so I'm labeling the new kits- 'with onions' & he'll never open/eat them. I AM going to lose & get to my final goal of 141#, by Valentine's Day. I could choose a lower goal weight, but I need a goal that I can maintain without daily exercise or calorie counting...I enjoy cooking & eating & will not set myself up to fail & gain the pounds back.
I really hope that somehow I motivated somebody...We OWN our Bodies & God does trust us to take Good care of them Dee

Chicks & remember that you Don't have to eat the pie-crust (excess calories/fat) with your pie or just eat 1/2 a slice of pie

1 for each 4 pds I've Lost!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #393  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all the support. I'm working hard so that when I go back to TOPS on December 1 I will show a big loss--the 3lb gain plus another 2. That is my goal.

Liz: I know what you mean about the hot chocolate and the cookies...so mabye just have the hot chocolate and do it a couple times a week?

Dee: You are right "The Choice is Mine!" I also like your idea of the emergency binge kit..and the onion label made me laugh!
I also liked what you had to say about the pie..that is a good thing to remember and do on Thanksgiving Day.

I'm logging my calories on my Lose It app again and I have stayed in my range since Thursday--it really does help to keep track!
Old 11-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #394  
It is what it is...

hi Girls ...still here and struggling ...I really loved what Susie put : "Remember it's not what you eat between Thanksgiving and New Year's but what you eat between New Year's and Thanksgiving."
I can really relate to that and that may just be how I have to think until its all over...not saying I am gonna pig out and go crazy with all junk food all the time but cant really ( or dont want to , who knows ) focus clearly on weight loss ...

Glad to hear some of you are in my same boat ...

Carri
Old 11-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #395  
Sandee

I ate 4 & today with friends instead of buying a salad for my lunch (peer pressure). Everyone was eating donuts, cookies & pizza today as a anti-stress lunch caused by the holidays
To kill the fat & calories I ate, I'll have to stack a few cords of wood & clean-out the doggie runs later I planned to do these chores anyways, but Now, it's like my chores R a Guilty Punishment for eating with my size small friends.
supper tonight= tilapia, broccoli salad & 1 glass white wine; no dessert & no snacks until Thanksgiving dinner.

1 for every 4 pds I've Lost
Old 11-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #396  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Still alive here ladies just been super busy and can't seem to get back on the diet track Not feeling the best about myself lately....

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #397  
Sandee

Hi Melanie I am in weight-loss support club call TOPS, www.tops.org with chapters in all 50 states plus Canada. The winter months R crappy in the northern states & lead to emotional/boredom eating. If it's possible, check-out that website for a meeting (days & nights) in your town & are about $5 monthly & national membership yearly $26 that includes magazine & nutritional support Games, contests & guest speakers keep the club fun.

My fat story is: I joined TOPS because I was sooo mad @ myself from gaining my fat in 1 year (wearing a size 9 to a size 16), my hubby has cancer, he lost 27 pds, when he went on chemo & he refused to eat alone & so I ate all of his cravings 'with him' & I gained 25 pds with him. He's in remission now

After joining TOPS I am back to my size 9 again, for 3 yr now having maintained my weight-loss. But I struggle eating healthy, I Luv cookies with & & peanut butter cups. I set my next goal of 141 pd. by Valentine's Day, so I came to '3FC' for more friends to help me get there & maintain it forever. Baby steps during the holiday season I will not, set a goal that I might fail to reach

I have a daughter that is 26 yr. with a 11 mo., 6 yr. & 8 yr. & to stay a size 9she eats very healthy & exercises 15 minutes in the morning & afternoon.
If I can help, write me. Melanie you Can Reach your weight goal by Summer -1 pd a week stay positive & let your 3 guys & us share the road with you, you R not alone U can do It Dee

1 for each 4 pds I Lost.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #398  

Hello! So is everyone ready for tomorrow? and the days afterwards?

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving; enjoy yourself and your families, friends and the food; i think we can truly only enjoy food when we aren't stuffed with it.

We will have dinner with some friends and then watching movies all day. I am getting up tomorrow morning and doing the 5k. I'm not doing it for time, but just to do it...so send me good thoughts tomorrow please!

Mel: It can be hard to get back on track but I know you can do it.

Cari: It is the time of the year to enjoy those things that we seem to only have one time a year--but remember a little bit gives us the same enjoyment as overindulging does. That's what I"m telling myself!

Dee: Thanks for sharing your story and about TOPS. As a TOPS member I know how this group has helped me, when I allowed it to work for me...I was almost to goal. But I took my focus off it, so I'm back and working the TOPS tools once again.

Hi to Arabella, Auntie G, and Liz.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #399  
It is what it is...

Just dropping in to tell everyone that I hope you all have a GREAT Thanksgiving with your families.

Carri
Old 11-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #400  

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with friends who are like family.

I did my 5k today and I did it in 59 min and 30 seconds. I was happy with that; I really thought it would take me 1 hr and 15 min so I'm in better shape than I thought.

I'm going to try to find another 5k around April and see if I can't do it 45-50 min...I'll train more this time. My workout partner and I were talking during the race/walk how we are going to change our Tuesday night workouts (it's the only night we can workout together and then 2 Monday's a month, the rest I'm on my own).

Tomorrow we will do some shopping but none of that early morning stuff...I go out around 2:00 p.m.

Thanks Cari for the Thanksgiving wishes and I hope you had a great day with your family too. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone...and no, let's get ready for Christmas!

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 11-24-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #401  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Dee!! When I first started this journey June 1,2010 I was on track and a year later I was down 50 pounds. I felt like I was doing it in an unhealthy way so I decided to "maintain"...which lead to this gain. I saw 202.4 on the scale the other day and it just killed me which led to a binge then a lot of guilt. I need to get my priorities straight and find some inner strength bc the binges are winning.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I am so full that I can hardly move....cooked the meal this year for the 4 of us which means....leftovers
Old 11-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #402  

Hi Everyone,

I am not ready for the holiday weekend to be over! I have enjoyed just being at home and doing what I want...but I like to eat, and to pay my house payment so it's back to work tomorrow!

I had hoped to put the tree up today but I had a KILLER headache so it didn't get done. I will attempt it tomorrow night.

Dee: So sorry for the binge. It can be tough when we see "that" number that we never wanted to see again. The good news here is you can change it. I know you can get those priorities straight and find the inner-strength to do it. I hope this helps!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyones posts tomorrow!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #403  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

205.5 tonight, which is not bad considering what I ate over the last four days. OINK

Last edited by aka8941; 11-27-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #404  
It is what it is...

Good morning Girls ...I had a good Thanksgiving, and was so sad when my four day vacation was over ( as you that are friends with me on FB know haha ) ...I was sort of sad that it was over ( Thanksgiving ), I know we have Christmas coming up but it just seemed like it was over so quickly...I know people say time flies though ...

Susie - I did get my tree up on Saturday, it is a pre-lit one in like three pces so it was pretty easy...hope you got rid of your headache...I had a sinus headache two of the four days I was off...not nice...my allergies are really bad right now, waiting for the frosts to kick in for good and kill everything.

Mel - same way for us...me and dh cooked for his parents only so just the four of us, we still have stuff we are eating on, most of all the huge ham I got...glad you had a good Thanksgiving...

Hi to Liz, Arabella, Auntie G and Teri - hope you all had a great holiday

Carri
Old 11-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #405  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

204 this morning. I've got to get to ONEderland.
Closed Thread