Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #256  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Day 4, 221.4. Tedious, this business of trying to get away from that stupid number. Brown rice pasta with kale & feta sauce for dinner probably responsible for the number going up.

It was one of those frustrating days yesterday -- getting DGS off to school, waiting 45 minutes at the optometrist's, work deadlines. Ended up not getting out for my walk until 4:30. But I went! Still, the whole day had me in a not-too great mood by the end of it. And as a result, I was feeling like "a treat" after dinner. Didn't have one though and today I resolve to get hold of situations before they can skew my mood.

Today, I intend to make for a better day by puttering the house into shape between work stuff, and taking things in a more relaxed fashion. AND I'll pick myself up a nice bouquet while I'm out shopping.

We've got friends coming for dinner tonight and they're bringing a blueberry pie so it's quite likely I'll have a piece but will plan a healthy, lightish dinner to compensate.

Happy Friday, Women -- let's make it a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 09-23-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #257  

Height: 5'7"

Hi. So it all caught up with me. I am sick today--home from work with some GI issues. I have slept most of the day. It felt good!

I feel that the interview went well; I have to interview with another person on Monday and I have a test with a PowerPoint presentation that they want me to do. I guess they PP a lot. I don't currently use it very much and it's been a while so I"ll be brushing up on that over the weekend.

I did have a 1.50 lb loss at TOPS last night!

Arbella: Sorry that dang number keeps coming around. You seem to know what the cause is and it seems temporary but I know you would like to get past it for good. I know you can!

Enjoy your dinner with friends tonight--you need it after the frustration of yesterday and it's nice to reward yourself with relaxation with friends..remember that is what the dinner is about..not the food!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:25 AM   #258  

Day 5, 220.8. And that's after eating dinner at 8 last night, so I have high hopes that by Monday at least, I'll be back under the 220.

I behaved myself as planned yesterday: Ate lightly through the day. For apps, I did raw veggies with green goddess dip and put out jalapeno potato chips (had one small handful of those -- maybe 5 or 6 chips). Dinner was chicken baked in a portabello/dijon/yogurt sauce with brocolli, brown basmati rice and a gorgeous beet salad that my friend made. I did have one small piece of the blueberry pie -- thin crust, not too much sugar added -- with a couple of tablespoons worth of ice cream. All in all, it was delish and healthy. A bit more than I'd eat for a regular dinner but I made up for it earlier.

I'm going to walk over to yoga soon. It's the 90-minute class this morning. Between that and walking over and back, I think I'll be pretty much set for the day.

Susie, sorry about your GI issues! I recommend peppermint or ginger tea (or combined is good, too). Yay for the 1.5 fluffy ones gone!

Yay for sleeping all day, too. I can't remember the last time I did that but I do recall that "nothing else matters and I'm just going to sleep" good feeling. Total surrender bliss!

I used to love doing Powerpoint presentations -- well, not doing the presentation so much as putting them together.

All right. I'm just slurping before the walk over to yoga. Cloudy here today but I have fond hopes that the sun will come out. I'd like to get my sheets on the line -- they smell so good!We're having Indian summer here, unseasonably warm. And I hope it lasts a couple months.

Happy Saturday, Women! Let's make it a good one, eh?

Last edited by Arabella; 09-24-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:09 AM   #259  

Just me again. Day 6: 220.2. The scale was flickering below 220 and was not quite level on the floor so I moved it until it was level and... aw, it was not in my favour.

Getting ready to go to Halifax for the week and have a ton to do. Off to walk now...

Let's make this a good one!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Hi all~ I've been waffling for the past couple weeks. No serious damage, but no progress... Been dealing with some family issues and the passing of a close friend's mother. Just can't get into writing on here right now, but want you to know that I'm reading the posts and I'll be back!

Go get 'em!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #261  

Auntie g Always good to see you even if you don't feel like talking.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #262  

Just me again. Day 7: 220.8. I had a good day yesterday, despite going out with a GF for her birthday dinner. Did have half a chicken shawarma, though and the wheat from the pita is bothering me today.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #263  
It is what it is...

Morning girls, just a drive by "hello", busy at work today...just wanting to check in and let you all know I am still around and muddling thru

Later,
Carri
Old 09-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #264  

It sure is Monday!

I see that we all are posting how we are struggling but trying very hard to stay on plan.

For me when I'm struggling, the last time I want to make time for is the board, but I have come to figure out that I am not overweight due to what I eat but rather as to why I'm eating what I do and for me I have to talk it out here.

Arabella: Yeah for you for meeting the daily posting challenge that you set up for yourself.

Satine: I hope work let's you have a breather today. It's ok to muddle..it means you are doing something!

Auntie: Glad to hear that you haven't done "any damage". Always happy to read your posts.

Hi Liz and Mel!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

Talking

I am peeking over the wall into Onederland! 200.4 this morning. It's amazing that when I get so close I plateau just enough to give me a peek to jumping into Onederland. I am so close, so I'll be moving to Onederland sometime this week.

Amazing how a number on a scale can get me so excited.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #266  

Well, here I am, reporting in: Blew it yesterday, so today is Day 1 again. Ate at the computer, ate more than I needed. I don't have a scale here, so no WI until Saturday.

Fatigue was the main issue, I think. We were up at 4 and I ran myself ragged on Sunday. I didn't get the greatest night's sleep last night but I don't feel too bad and am resolved to do better today.

Carri, thanks for coming in -- you know how we worry!

Susie, that "trying very hard" is the key, isn't it. Sometimes it's really a struggle, huh.

Auntie g, yes, congrats on no damage -- that's quite an accomplishment in itself.

Visionary, congrats on being so close -- you'll be there any minute now.

Ok, I'm off to have more coffee, do a little work and then get out for a walk around the harbour and up around an old fortress. It's a really nice walk. I brought my yoga mat and intend to do yoga throughout the morning.

Let's make this a good one!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #267  

Talking Made It to Wonderland!!!!

I am so excited. I made it to Onederland! I weighed in at 189.6 this morning. It has been more than 20 years since I have been anywhere under 200 lbs.

If I can do this, anybody can! Really...

Now I have real belief that I can make it to my goal. I needed this.

The journey's been long but sooo worth it. Got lots to go yet but now I know I can do it.

Reading this thread everyday has been so motivating! Thank you everyone.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #268  

hahaha... I'm 198.6 I guess I am so excited I think I am smaller than I am.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #269  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls....my new med is making it to where i cant even sleep hardly so that is making going to work VERY hard as you can imagine, haha ....its funny because I can get to sleep pretty easily but just cant stay asleep for some reason...gonna try and take the pill in the morning instead of right before i go to bed, hopefully that will help.

Arabella - I am there with ya ( as you know ), I think you are doing better than me though on the average, haha ...today is in the 50's here, cold and rainy, I am wanting comfort food, especially since I am tired....ughhhh

Susie - Yeah sometimes I feel bad coming here to complain about most of the time struggling but I think who better to do it to then others who can relate right? I figure we will get our butts in gear eventually. haha

Hi Liz, Mel, and Auntie G - miss you guys.

LIke I said dark and rainy and cold here today, perfect sleeping weather if you dont work...but I have to be thankful for my job, right? And I am.

See ya girls, have a good day

Carri
Old 09-28-2011, 06:23 AM   #270  

Day 2. I've had some low-grade something or other for about a month and am just dragged out most of the time but getting my steps in. I also hauled out my yoga mat this a.m. and got a start on the series. Planning to get through it a bit at a time.

Carri, wouldn't it be nice to have a dark and rainy/PJs/sofa/bed/novel/movies day? Must plan for one of those soon. Yeah, like that's gonna happen. Ah well.

Visionary, you made it! Wedge the door open, would you?

Susie, Auntie g, Liz, Mel -- let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 09-28-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Closed Thread