Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #436  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Okay, today I was put to a stress test & I did Not binge @ the drive-thru window & get comfort food (fries-milk shake) I got a bowl of chili @ Wendy's instead; after I rear-ended a car with my Honda & neither of us have bumper damage, not a scratch, I Luv the plastic bumper on my 2010 CRV In the past I would have stress eaten, but now I am trying to reach my goal by Valentine's Day 2012. 1/2 pd @ a time 1 day @ a time during this holiday season.
We can each meet our goals next year I see a inspiring person weekly @ my TOPS club. She lost 79# in 2 yrs w/o surgery, or drugs. She did it she says w/o exercising, just walking 2 miles daily & counting only calories, 1200/1400 daily & avoided eating all things white (sugar, potatos, flour, etc). She wears a size small now, a size 6-8. But I feel like a lazy, stupid person in her presence because of what she overcame & pds she lost. Where the h*ll did my will-power go
I am struggling to get back to 141#, & it took me almost a year to reach 150# from 174# because I yo-yo from careless eating
I'm sooo sorry for venting today, But if that 54 yr old girl can lose 79# in 2 yr, we can reach our goals too
2012 look-out we're here to reach our Goals

ps: (there r Honda car factories in the US employing US workers, I am Not a traitor as my ex-hubby calls me for buying my Honda; he works for GM)

Merry Christmas Dee

Last edited by miniDoodles; 12-06-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #437  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning, All!

day here but mild. I'm hoping it'll at least slow down to a drizzle for my walk. I hate carrying an umbrella. Yesterday was good, although work nearly killed me. More deadlines and some truly horrible writing to edit. I was a wreck from sitting, physically, and from work, mentally. But I found when I stopped and set out for my walk, it translated into stress to be burned off and then I felt better. Have to say, too, having made the commitment to post is probably what kept me OP yesterday, yay!

December 6

¾ c steel cut oats w. ½ banana, splash of almond milk
2 Brazil nuts, an apple
Lamb-veg soup
2 p. flax bread, 2 T PB
1 pork chop
Mixed veg
4 tiny potatoes
2 t butter

Carri, it's not the size of the jeans that makes the difference for me, just the rise. As long as they hit at my waist, I've got the smooth hourglass shape but if they're lower I'm bumpy. I'm a pear! However, my new jeans are a 15 inst. the 16 ones (in plus size, though) that are a bit loose and they make me look smaller over-all.

I'm thinking that getting some of this flesh off the old hips might make me look slimmer too, whattya think?

Susie, I'm kind of with you on the weight sharing. I don't mind posting it as long as I'm sure that I'm anonymous. But if I thought that anyone I know could actually figure out who I am? I'd never post it.

MiniD, as my MIL used to say, comparisons are odious! You're doing fantastic. From my perspective, I could say, well, look at Dee, down 24 pounds in a year and I'm just hovering around the same numbers.

Sad thing, too, I mostly stay away from all the white stuff (even ate marble-sized blue potatoes last night) and still have a hard time getting the weight off. Occasional divergences to blame, though.

You're right, though, this year we'll make it!

Let's make this a good one, Girlies!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #438  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ….so oddly enough I got on the scale last week and lost a pound, and did it again this morning and lost another pound …now it could be that because I am eating what I want basically and not telling myself that I cant have this or that, that I am not eating that much …I do find that in the evening I don’t eat that much, sometimes just having Ramen Noodles for dinner ( love those in cold weather ) but I still have a little dessert or snack if I want …so who knows…maybe because I let myself have whatever I wanted for so long that I am sick of it all, haha …I suppose I will gain and lose the same 2 pds over the next few weeks until I get SERIOUS in January…last night I had a handful or tortilla chips and a rice krispie treat for dinner …SO not a good dinner but pretty low in calories, haha …woke up starving though so may make up for it today

Susie – I see we are now friends on fb, yay ! And I understand about you not wanting to post your weight …maybe just PM me with it cause now I am super curious ! Lol …

Mini D – that is funny that you said that about your car being built in USA …my Dad works for GM and hates that I bought a Mazda 3 …but I did find that some of their parts are made in the US so I tried to appease him with that, don’t think it worked though…great job on not bingeing after your stressful car incident…I tend to do that too…a few months ago I had a bad dr appt, left the office, and went straight to Long John Silvers, then Culvers right after for a huge ice cream…I have gotten better about that but its still a work in progress…I am with you in 2012 !!! Gonna do this !!!

Arabella – Sorry you are dealing with work stress, hope it gets better. I am an apple, and have no hips to speak of really …you see me coming and I look fab, but then I turn to the side and whammo – stomach !! haha …once I start to lose I do love my low rise jeans, right now –not so much.

Hi Liz and Auntie G !!

Mel – Hope you are feeling better today.

Have a great day everyone !!

Carri
Old 12-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #439  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

The train made a few stops, but I finally reached my destination.

I have arrived in ONEderland!

199.8 yesterday morning.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:23 AM   #440  

Good morning! Another one here but supposed to clear up by the end of the morning. Yesterday on my walk I found a big park. I knew it was here but not exactly where or how to get to it --fun to stumble across it. This afternoon, I intend to walk there. It's about a half-hour's walk from our condo so that'll pretty much take care of my steppin' for today.

Also, managed to not only haul out the yoga mat this a.m. but actually to get on it.

Here's my report from yesterday:

December 7

Steel-cut oats w. yogurt
Apple, 2 Brazil nuts
Lamb-veg soup
1 p. flax bread with 1 T. PB
Pasta putanesca with side Greek salad
2 4-oz glasses of dry red wine

Carri, love your new pic -- you're some cute! The stress was short-lived, really. I just need to protect myself from it by stepping away from the computer before it gets to that point.

Aka -- congrats! Lay a breadcrumb trail, or something, pls?

Susie, Mel!

Oh Auntie g, Liz, are you there? We miss you!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #441  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies I'm still here! Spent the past 2 days finishing my Christmas shopping (ok ALMOST finishing it!). I have also been fighting something...I feel worse at night but trying to take vitamin C and drink orange juice. Weight is in the 202.something bc my food has sucked the last 2 days while running around. Today I'm staying home and starting fresh :again:. Hope everyone has a great day and stays warm!

Congrats aka!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #442  

Height: 5'7"

The sun is shiny today. It makes me feel better to just see it.

Tonight is TOPS weigh-in and the scales look like I will have lost a small amount or stayed the same. I was expecting that since I had a big loss last week.

Aka: Congratulations on making it to ONEderland!

Carri: I find when I relax a bit about what I can eat, it seems to come off easier and I don't have cravings so much. Congrats on the loss!

Mel: I hope you feel better soon! Get some rest today. I'm sure the number on the scale today was due to eating on the run yesterday. That sort of food has a lot of salt, so I'm sure it's water weight and a few days of good clean eating will have it gone.

Arabella: So good to see you back here and back on track. I loved how you shared that going for a walk helped with the stress...it's something we all know but rarely do.

Dee: Glad to hear that the accident was very minor and that you are ok!
Also so proud of you for not stress eating!! It shows that you have learned the right way to get and keep weight off...sometimes it happens for others quickly and for others not as much.

We are all individuals and the way you are losing it is the best way for you. Now, you have identified some areas where you might have lost time and that is good because now you know them and can work on not letting them happen.

Your TOPS member says she didn't exercise but I think that walking 2 miles daily is exercise! and that just goes to show you that we don't have to kill ourselves with exercise but rather be consistant.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #443  
Sandee

Merry Christmas Chickies

Melanie, I want to call u Lanie after a gorgeous Hawaiian friend I have. If u r congested, runny nose, ear/nose/throat symptoms; anything upper-respiratoy, cold or sinus, the 'healthiest' treatment is using a 'netti-pot'. All doctors endorse them. They r wonderful, I even got my 3 grandbabes using them, Kylee 7, Preston 5 & Drake 9 each have 1, for keeping their noses clear/runny colds, etc. They started rinsing out the germs/bacteria @ 4 yr old w the netti-pot (when u make anything look fun, they'll try-it). Have the kids do it in the shower their 1st time & tell them its how the fish stay healthy, rinsing their noses. Dr. Ozz likes the Arm & Hammer netti-pot, because it has baking soda & said there is a coupon for the nett-pot. I have several brands. Being a mom I'm just being supportive, cause pills r stressful on the liver & kidneys & a allergist told me about using a netti-pot 16 yrs ago for everything upper-respiratory instead of using pills & getting shots. Hope u feel better soon!

Carri if u ever decide to b a professional comedian, I'm coming to your shows or if u write a comic strip like Cathy has I'll buy it.

Arabella I am sooo happy that u came back, u were missed & your daily food log is inspiring to read sometimes I copy it down & tell our TOPS some of your 'healthy' meals

aka8941 Congrat's on getting into the 190's.

Susie TY for being such a sweetie-pie. My KOPS friend that lost the 79#; is on goal maintenance & nolonger walks 2 miles daily; instead walks 1 mile 4 x a week & she still daily logs her (1,400 calories) so she won't gain her weight/fat back. (Just incase u shared her success with your TOPS club)

It would b a hoot if we could all meet & get together for the day in 2012, or maybe I'll b brave like Carri & put my pic on this month, but I'm sort of camera shy
:

Last edited by miniDoodles; 12-08-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #444  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Susie- thanks I hope in a few days it all goes away but I'm not going to stress, we all already have enough of that in our lives right?! Lol

Dee- I actually have a netti pot! It took some getting used to but I like it. I'm having more of that feeling right before you get sick. I feel worse at night and better in the morning...also both my ears ache. I literally have to have my ears covered at all times when I'm outside otherwise they ache and I get ear infections
Old 12-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #445  

S/C/G: 235/201.8/145

Height: 5'6"

I really need some help and support. I have tried to do it alone and I can't do it anymore. I am so close to being under 200 (I am currently at 202) but Thanksgiving has really messed me up and gotten me off track.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:34 AM   #446  

Happy Friday, y'all!

Another good day down, got in my 10,000 steps and The restaurant we went to last night has gourmet-type pizzas (not much cheese) and have gluten-free crust available, so I was weighing the possibility but decided to go for higher-veg, lower carb & calorie options. And it was really delish.

December 8
Steel-cut oats w. yogurt
Lamb-veg soup
2 p. flax bread, 2 T PB
Apple, 2 Brazil nuts
1 c. seafood chowder
1 salad with butternut squash, radicchio & pea shoots
2 5-oz glasses dry white wine

Tired yesterday afternoon and working away. Now here's something I've noticed, time and time again: I'm working, think how tired I am, continue to work... and about 20 minutes after I realize how tired I am, I either think I'm hungry or find myself rifling through the cupboards looking for snacks.

Yesterday, I gave myself permission to go lie on the sofa and read for a half-hour, with a cup of tea. Snack attack avoided.

I picked up a green salad, hummus and some brown rice chips for lunch for today and was walking home thinking "Oh, those chips are dangerous -- sometimes you go through the whole bag." And then I realized that tracking will keep me accountable. I'll have and report an appropriate number of them and all will be well.

Tonight's DH's staff party. It's always okay -- there'll be turkey and all the trimmings. I always have some turkey and lots of salad and veggies and ignore all the breads, pastas and desserts.

Agoin1, welcome! You came to the right place for support!

Mel, it might be that this is just the time to use the netti pot, to help wash whatever it is out of your system. I use mine pretty regularly and haven't had a full-on cold since I started. Hope you're feeling better soon -- sometimes these "getting something" stages seem to last forever.

Dee, wow -- so glad you find my daily log inspiring! I do eat pretty healthily. Sometimes it amazes me how I can keep the weight on. But of course, when I'm really doing well, the weight does start to come off. Slowly, but surely...

Susie, you're so right -- funny how it can be so hard to do the things that we KNOW will make us feel good and keep on with the stupid things that we KNOW will make us feel like crap.

K, time to haul out the mat... Let's make this a good one!

Old 12-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #447  

Arabella-I am glad I found the right place. I am really struggling and it made me realize that I can't do it on my own anymore.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #448  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls…all is well in Indiana …its Friday and payday !!!! Gonna do some Christmas shopping this weekend…might be able to get most of it done and I will do some of it online…

Mini D – that is funny you say that , I get that a lot …the girls at work always tell me how funny I am …I guess I don’t try to be, just honest, and that sometimes is pretty funny, haha…Yes I wish we would all put our pics on there, I love to put a name with a face …that is my challenge to you all for January 2012 …

Arabella – you are so great about getting your steps in, impressive ….we have a pizza place around us that has gluten free crust too, my friend and her daughter have a gluten allergy…I sometimes think I do the way my stomach gets after eating it, but I am also lactose intolerant so sometimes it is hard to know what is going on inside here

AG1 – welcome and good luck !!!

Mel – I get scared even thinking about using a neti pot, I actually think it is a good idea, I hear great things, but it scares me….I guess just because I have never done it before…and one of my friends says the first time she used it she felt like she was drowning, so that put me off too …

Susie – I know you don’t need to exercise to lose weight, they say it is 90% food and I believe it, the most weight I have ever lost was the year I did WW and I lost about 70 pds and never exercised once, and it did come off pretty easily …but as we age the exercise is good for the toning of the butt, haha

Hi to Liz and Auntie G !!

Hope you all have a great weekend !!!

Carri
Old 12-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #449  
Sandee

Day #10 no binges cause I gave my DH the 2 bags of new m & m holiday flavors that I HAD to buy & TRY. The cherry cordials r do not waste your $ on them.
Umm I paid $2 for 85% cocoa candy bar & when it says healthy/dark chocolate...it means bitter, nooo sugar. Ewww not for me, I want my Reeses p-b cups
Tomorrow night is my DH work party dinner dance, free-open bar 2 huge fatty-food buffets & plush dessert bar always has about 10 different cheesecakes & flaming desserts/bananas Foster, etc. I'll be eating like a vegan w the few salads offered. A huge tax-write-off for his company but it's costly buying a party dress yrly when our combined $ is barely $50,000. This year I'm wearing tall-high-heel boots & sexy sweater dress so I can wear that more often. Men have it so easy, shower & put on a suit outfit & their ready. I'll b dancing off my calories, the band is the Squid in the ball-room & a country band upstairs
Tomorrow night will b challenging @ dinner I'll drink lots of water all night to fight a hang-over & calories.
Only 2 family Christmas dinners & a friend's brunch & a church dinner left then the New Years Eve party the New Year's Day hang-over brunch & a few football parties This Is why the USA is overweight we celebrate Everything w food. I always take veggie-healthy foods & chicken/venison/buffalo for meat dishes to them.
Okay this is Why we NEED 3FC & our diet support clubs: support, wisdom, inspiration & friendships
agoin1

Christmas Blessings Chicklets, Dee

Last edited by miniDoodles; 12-09-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #450  

Thanks you all! I am so close to being under 200, I cannot wait. I just need to think of a treat for doing so! Lol.
Closed Thread