The Onederland Express - Hop on Here!! #5 - Page 19 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

Smile

Ok, now that I am in Onederland....( somebody seriously pinch me!) I feel so compelled not to go back over into that other land. I almost feel afraid to eat.

Now, I don't think that will ever happen, but I noticed how cautious I am.

I also feel like I need to up the exercise. I walk most days about 2 miles and do other things from time to time.

I was swimming and will start that up again.

Now I can set new mini goals... like actually becoming "Just Overweight" not obese. Then into Normaland. Meaning my weight will be in normal range but my mind will never be there. LOL.

Ok...I'm going to up my walking today.

Anyway, it's great to see everyone on this path. And if I can get to Onederland, I know anyone can do it!
Old 09-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #272  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Visonary: WELCOME to the thread and congratulations to making it to ONEderland.

Carri: Hope you figure out soon the best way to take the new med so you can stay asleep and feel good!

Arabella: I did some yoga myself this morning. Just gentle stretching but it felt really good.
Also, you may be on Day 2 as far as staying on plan but you are further than that with your goal to post daily here...I hope that inspires you!

Hi Liz: Where are you? You usually don't stay away this long.

Mel: Hi..how are you doing? We miss you...how about a update?

Auntie G: You hanging in there?

I had a IC flare or a UTI on Monday night and am now just back in control of the pain. I didn't get tested for the UTI as I always have Cirpro on hand...as a IC patient I get UTI's easily and they have to be treated quickly, so my doctor always has me keep them on hand along with those meds that number the unirary track-to help with the pain.

I hope it was a UTI because that can be resolved easily with the meds, but with with a flare it takes a lot of work to get it stopped. They feel the same, and no fun at all.

One good thing to come of this is that I have been very relaxed in not following the IC diet--there are foods that are known to trigger a flare due to their high acidic content. Some are good foods...like fruit, and some are bad..like chocolate, and always, soda does as well as coffee and tea.

So, I'm going to go back and watch what I am eating and just get back to taking care of my IC.

It's not bad thing. When I was diagnosed with this in 2003 I was really careful with my food and drink as I wanted to feel better and I lost 60 lbs...so maybe there is my answer!

Have a good day everyone. I have to get back to work.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #273  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Day 3, here I am.

Susie, yeah, reporting in is a big help. I know sometimes when I've been having a really hard time getting back on track, I've come in and posted "Day 1" every day for a week. Eventually, I make it.

Sorry for your IC/UTI woes -- no fun at all! But you're right. Sometimes we need to feel crappy enough that we're motivated to look after ourselves. I had wheat earlier in the week and it's amazing how much it affects my energy/mood. I need to be more careful to have good alternatives here, will keep that in mind for next time.

Visionary, you're wise to be extra careful now! So often it's like the landmark "2" is a magnet and keeps us bouncing around it. You'll be shooting down the scale -- look how far you've come!

OK, time for breakfast. I'm going to work for a bit and then go for a walk around the harbour and up around Citadel Hill.

Let's make this a good one!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #274  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Just a drive by...

Carri,

Trying to get some things straight in my head. I'll be back soon. Have a good one, all!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #275  
It is what it is...

Thanks Auntie G !!!!! I am the big "38" today and getting lots of attention as it should be, haha ...being taken out to lunch AND to dinner for my alaskan king crab legs at a local rest/fish market I love to go to ...looking forward to my whole day ....

Visionary, sorry I forgot to welcome u the other day...congrats on getting under 200...I cant wait to join you.

Susie - sorry you werent feeling well, I tend to get one of those about once a year myself, and I am like you, I just get some meds...they are very unpleasant so I feel for ya

Arabella - I have a day one like every other day, haha, but that is gonna change after my birthday week, yeah sadly I give myself a whole week for it...I need help

Hope everyone has a good day !!!!

Carri
Old 09-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #276  

Happy birthday, Carri! Hope you're treated royally today.

Last edited by Arabella; 09-29-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #277  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Happy Birthday Carri!!
I am alive but a diet has been nonexistent
DH lost has job a few months ago and things have been tight. DH should be starting a new job Monday so I hope things get better and I can get a routine going. I am proud to say I haven't had fast food for over a month! But home cooking can make you fat too! I have been hovering from 200-195 and need to break these horrible 190s. I'm on my phone so I will update more later, hope everyone is doing well! I haven't been on here bc I have been embarrassed about not making and progress
Old 09-30-2011, 07:14 AM   #278  

Day 4, yep, still going. We head home again today, 3.5 hour drive that I'm not looking forward to. I just hate sitting in the car for so long. No teleportation yet, though, so I guess driving is it.

Mel, so nice to see you! Gosh -- no need to be embarrassed over not making progress. You haven't left Onederland, for the most part. And as you may notice, I don't seem to have gotten any closer to it. We're all about trying to stay on track and support. Even when we don't feel like making the effort.

Sorry about DH's job. That can't make anything easier or less stressful.

Anyway, 'tis Friday. Let's take this day and do the best we can with it.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #279  
It is what it is...

MOrning Girls, I had a GREAT birthday, really enjoyed my day..

Mel- PLEASE dont be embarrassed about not doing well, if I didnt come on for that reason you guys would NEVER hear from me, EVER, haha ...the only thing I can do right now is bad ...since my bday is over and all the food celebrations are too, I will be getting back on track asap ...Sorry to hear about dh's job ...glad he has a new one to start and you guys can get back on track shortly...hugs

ARabella - Good Lord, I hate long car rides...i am an ancy ( sp? ) and cannot stand to sit so long in a car and not move around...just like long plane rides too...drives me nuts...

Hi Susie and Liz !!

YAY for Friday !!!!! Hope everyone has a good weekend, we are going out with friends tonight for sushi !! Looking forward to it.

see ya !!!

Carri
Old 09-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #280  
One Day at a Time...

Thanks Arabella I really appreciate support! :hugs:

I've decided the diet starts tmw OCT 1st. I need to find the feed where you weigh every week until Christmas bc that helped me a lot last year

I look forward to talking to you all more!!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #281  
One Day at a Time...

Carri- guess we were posting at the same time. Lol So glad you had a great birthday. Sounds like we are both going to get on track tmw! I know I shouldn't of ran away but I'm back!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #282  

Carri: So sorry I missed your birthday! I wish you a Happy Birthweek--since you said you celebrate all week! Nice plan by the way.

Arabella: Sorry about the long drive; I had a friend who used to hold her stomach in for 2 mile markers, let it out for 2, and repeat..maybe that is something you want to do?! lol

MEL!!! So good to hear from you and welcome back. I'm really excited for you and the new diet starting on Oct 1--you can do it.

So sorry to hear about DH's jobs. That is tough and so many have gone through it or are still going through it. I'm glad to hear he got a new job though. I'll say a prayer that this job is stable and he loves it! and the money is good.

Auntie: Hope you get those things in your head straight..I know you will.

So, I went to TOPS last night, just knowing I would be down on those scales by 2 lb..my home scales showed that..but NO..I was up by 1/2 lb.

I'll just keep working at it.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #283  
One Day at a Time...

Thanks for the welcome back Susie!! It feels good to be back!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #284  

Good morning. I have a lot to do today. Getting ready to sit down and pay some bills. Then menu plan for the week, make out the grocery list and then go to get my hair done. I want to go to the movies tonight. FINALLY in my little town they have "The Help" at the movies. DH said we could go tonight. I read the book and loved it so excited to see the movie.

Also somewhere in this weekend I need to clean the house and I want to get my fall/winter shoes out and put the summer shoes away. The weekends are NEVER long enough!

I recently told you that I had applied for a new internal position and I found out yesterday that I got it! That's all I know for now. I won't be able to leave my position until it is backfilled so that could take 4-6 weeks and then the training of the replacement. It's going to be crazy making this transition but I will not let it derail me in my new found focus to get this weight off!

Mel: It's October 1...your "New Start"... so excited for you!

Have a good day everyone and stay on plan...every day that you do, you make yourself stronger and you are going in the direction you desire.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #285  

Day 1: 221.6. Salty rice crackers last night? I hope. I'm going to have to do something here. Maybe go lower carb again. That always works although it's hard to get my head around and does involve some planning to have the right foods onhand.

Saturday, at last -- and can you believe it's October already? I walked over to hot yoga and did the 90-minute class, and walked home again. 2.5 hours exercise and I've still got some more walking to do, despite the fact that it's like mad out there.

Carri, that's the issue for me, too. I just hate not being able to move around. Although yesterday I'd just gotten back from a long walk before we left and I found that helped me just relax.

Mel, sign me up for that "on track" thing too. I haven't been doing badly but obv. not well enough or, ya know, maybe I'd be losing some weight.

Susie, were your two WIs very far apart? I know my weight fluctuates a lot throughout the day. But why couldn't it have fluctuated in your favor, eh?

Auntie g, Liz

Okay -- DH left the building. Time to snuggle on the couch with my and watch Celebrity Ghost Stories. Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 10-01-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Closed Thread