Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Sorry, girls, I'm still not with it, but I just had to stop by and ask- Susie, are you near the escaped wild animals I saw on the news? Pretty freaky...

I really do intend to catch up, but I'm on my way out the door for a mammogram. Woo hoo! Haha. Does that count as doing something good for myself? LOL!

Will get back soon. Have a good one, everyone!
Old 10-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #332  

Auntie G: I am about 120 miles south west from Zanesville and you are right..it is freaky what was going on there. I am upset that they shot them though...the could have used tranquilzers!
And YES a mamo is something good for you!

Liz: Glad you had a great time on the cruise..I remember you telling us about it awhile back but I forgot the timing. I know you don't like to see that red-line number so close but I am sure you will not slip over it.

Terri: Good idea not to weigh yourself yet....I'd give it 5 days of clean eating and then maybe take a look.

Cari: Ohio is the sinus valley so I hear you on the allergies! I use a prescription nose spray year round and that has helped me the most.

I am crazy busy at work ladies and also dealing with a sick DH. I thought he had that stomach bug that I had but it came back and now we think maybe diverticulitis. We are going to the doctor tomorrow. I would appreciate prayers for my DH. He is worry that it is something more serious than diverticulitis...he didn't have his colonoscopy and now he's worried.
I am worried a little bit as well but I don't think it's life threating..at least I'm praying it's not.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

Hello Onederful Onderlanders!

Jumped on the scale this morning and I am back on track. Now, to stay on track in a positive way. I really go through feeling "freaked out" when my eating is where it should be. Now that I'm in Onderland , I want to move into Overweight not obese land and then healthy land.

As I have read, being a slave to scale can be crazy, but I know it helps me stay or get back on track so for that I am VERY thankful.

Planning a nice long walk today. Wish we could all walk together so I'll keep you all in my thoughts and wish you a happy healthy day!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #334  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...its been horrible weather here the last few days...well not snow horrible but still ...dark and rainy the last few days and today we have that plus horrible wind ...temps in the mid 40's, which is unusual for this time of year ...hope its not a sign of things to come....it was great weather though yesterday when I was off...great sleeping weather ...

Susie - I have to agree, it bothered me that they just went out and killed those animals instead of tranqu'd them ...but I guess I dont know all the details and maybe they thought it was best for the community ...the allergy meds did help some but I have used the nose spray before, I am just really bad at spraying anything in my nose, I am a baby

Liz - Yeah I really think I would get sea sck since I tend to get car sck in the back seat ...I would probably just take something or put one of those patches on ...so glad to hear you had a great time though, I am jealous, sounds like A LOT of fun

Auntie G - a big YES to the mammo being doing something good for yourself ...once I hit 40 I am sure I will have to get one ...it is 40 right? Not sure on that number...anyway, hope all is fine with it ...sure it will be

Teri - good job on getting right back on track and heading back down on the numbers...

Hi Mel

Arabella - Okay women where have you been? haha

Have a great day everyone....I will try and keep warm here ....

Carri
Old 10-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #335  
It is what it is...

Also Susie - my Mom has diverticulitus ( sure I spelled wrong ) and it is really hard on her ( she is 55 ) ...so I have some experience with that...hope your dh is getting better.
Carri
Old 10-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Susie - Sending prayers for your DH...let us know how it goes at the doc's. Our minds always go to the worst but I'm sure everything will be OK. !!

auntie g - Definitely taking care of your health is a positive thing! I'm sure it won't be very much fun, though, at least from what my mom's reported back about the process!

Teri - Yay for being on track! I know lots of people warn about being on the scale too much, but for myself and lots of other people I've heard from weighing daily can be something that can be done in a healthy way. I still weigh everyday - a higher weight doesn't spin me into a depression or anything, or put a damper on my day, it just lets me know I need to watch what I'm eating. It depends on your personality I guess! And I wish we could all go for a walk too!

Carri - Yes try to keep warm! Me too, I think I have a touch of the flu, I was really sick last nite but feeling better today....but achy and stuff still. I had to take Jacob to a farm outing yesterday morning for his school, and it was so cold! Of course I had him dressed for the arctic, but there I was in my jeans and jacket and no gloves or hat or anything - so I'm sure that just made the coming illness that much worse!

Mel & Arabella -

As for me, taking it pretty easy today....Jacob's at daycare and my mom has Katie, so I'm on my own most of the day. Bliss, lol. Have a great day ladies!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #337  

We have sun today! So nice to see it.

Thanks for all your good thoughts for my DH. The doctor said it is diverticulitis...he didn't send DH for a CT because my DH is feeling better since I put him on a soft/liquid diet on Tuesday to see if it helped and it did.

He does want him to have a colonosocpy (sp?) in about 8 weeks (has to be "healed" up). He also has to get more fiber in his diet and no more popcorn, seeds, or nuts.

I have a 2.50 loss to report at TOPS last night. I am officially at my lowest weight for this year..still a LONG way to go..but happy to see that loss!

Liz: I hope you don't get to sick..rest and extra Vitamin C for you!

Cari: Do you have sunshine today?

Teri: How was your walk?

Hi to Arabella, Auntie and Mel.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #338  

Susie - Glad to hear your DH is feeling better! And congrats on your loss, WTG!!! You're doing awesome! I am feeling better, I think taking it easy helped. I'm going to try to sneak a bath in while Katie's still sleeping, I sent my mom home so I'm on Katie duty now.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #339  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

I have been holding at 194.6 for four days. I am just happy to see my body adjusting and staying in Onederland and know it will go down more.

Looks like everyone is doing well.

I like it the days I get myself out walking. Somedays, I just can't get motivated. Somedays, I just can not wait.

Todays my Mom's Bday, and I ordered a *&^% so I am planning for a little bit. :-)

Isn't it amazing . really, when we look at how far we have come with our attitudes about food, exercise and weight loss? I am not a Saint by any means but I have a much healthier attitude and outlook and for me that alone is a HUGE accomplishment.

Let's all take a moment and pat ourselves on the back for the good we are accomplishing!!!!

Have a great weekend all!

Last edited by Visionary; 10-22-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #340  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Yo. Sorry for being AWOL -- I've been feeling crappy and depressed. Bad combo and sometimes it's hard to tell where one stops and the other begins. Anyway, my mood lightened a few days ago and I'm planning on taking it easy today and hopefully feeling better tomorrow.

Just back from our regular 4.5 mile walk, so that's done. I'm skipping hot yoga today, thinking it would be just that little bit too much.

My weight is up 1 from ticker -- week before last was not good at all but this week I've been back on track. Gee, it would be nice to make some progress but apparently I'm going to have to work at it.

Visionary, yes, we learn so much! In my case, if I could just keep it all in mind, I'd be a lot further ahead.

Susie, lowest weight for the year is awesome! Congrats on the 2.5 off.

Hope your DH doesn't have any major issues. My MIL had diverticulitis and it didn't seem to cause her any serious problems. I had a colonoscopy a few years ago and didn't mind it a bit. Apparently it's the one and only exploratory procedure they do that can pretty much guarantee that you don't get cancer, so I'll be doing it again in a couple more years.

Liz, the fall seems to be the time for picking up some little bug or another. I think the change of seasons from warm to cold is really hard on the body.

Carri, from what I heard, the issue was that the tranqs take about seven minutes to take effect and that the animals could do a lot of damage in that time so it was a public safety issue.

Auntie g, I think that although the mammo might count under "good for you" it's pretty far from the "something fun" criteria. So I think you're going to have to double up on that category to make up for it.

Mel

All right, women -- let's take this day and make it work for us!

Last edited by Arabella; 10-23-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #341  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, hope you all had a nice weekend... I did ...my Mom and Dad came over on Sunday and we had pizza and just hung around...Saturday I didnt do all that much, cleaned house some...weather was nice, it was a bit chilly but nice and sunny

Susie - glad to hear he has a diagnosis and can now heal himself ...my Mom pretty much lives on jello and broth during one of her bouts...I know it can be really uncomfortable...and yeah my Mom never has any popcorn or nuts, seeds etc ...and she used to love popcorn so it is hard ...but she knows the pain would be not worth it...glad he is getting better

Arabella- I feel ya on the funk...ya know I do ...mine has been getting a little better lately but with us heading into Winter soon and darker shorter days I dont hold out much hope for it to stay better...just try and stay positive...the exercise is great for the low moods my doc has told me so you do well on that part. Up one pound is not a big deal, you can get that off pretty easily. We can do this.

Liz - yes, we had great sun all weekend, it was wonderful, helped with my mood ...glad to hear you are feeling better

Teri - look at you under 195 ...wtg Girl !! You are doing awesome

Hi Mel and Auntie G !!!

I had little to no sleep last night ...I just tossed and turned and finally got up way earlier than I needed to, I hate when that happens...so tonight I am dvr'ing my favorite shows and going to be REAL early ....can hardly keep my eyes open here at work, its awful ....send me staying awake vibes, haha

Have a great day all

Carri
Old 10-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #342  
It is what it is...

Quiet around here yesterday and today huh? HOpe all of you are okay ...I did very well yesterday, made smarter choices and no soda so I felt like I had a good day...trying to do it again today, although might be harder as I just started my TOM ...ugghhhhh ...gonna make for a great day, haha ...right?

Hope you all have a great day
Carri
Old 10-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #343  

Carri - UGH, tom...yeah definitely makes it harder to make good choices, but you can do it! Hope you made up for your sleep. I've been majorly sleep deprived lately because Jacob is up all night coughing...he just cries saying he doesn't want to cough anymore, poor baby.

Arabella - Hope you're feeling even better today. :hugs: And I definitely agree with you on the change of seasons...this year it really seems that this flu hangs around....I just can't seem to shake it completely!

Teri - You are so right the attitude adjustment is wonderful, and is also key I think to weight loss and hopefully maintaining it for the rest of our lives. Food was a major source of comfort for me for many years, and although I do still take comfort in it, I also am very mindful of how it affects my body and well being - many things just aren't "worth it" to me to eat anymore!

Anyways doing good here - we're going for family pics on Saturday, so that'll be nice. We don't have any professional pics of the 4 of us. Other than that just same old same old! Have a great day, ladies.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:15 AM   #344  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hey Girlies!

I've been doing OK but not really putting in the extra effort that it will take to lose the weight. Still feeling not great but not so ill that I'm not fit to walk or go to hot yoga. Didn't walk yesterday and haven't been to yoga since Friday but today will do both

Liz, you're so right about attitude. I truly believe it's not only the key to weight loss but the key to life. Soooo hard to make yourself work on it but it really is transformative. I vow to try harder!

Carri, thanks for being with me on how hard it is to stay positive. Let's try hard to keep our moods up, hey. I know 100% that a lot of what makes this whole thing hard for me is not making sure that I've got stuff in my life that makes me happy. So important for me to fit fun into my life every single day.

Susie, Visionary, Auntie g, Mel

All right -- everyone got a game plan for today? Let's hit it!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:57 AM   #345  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Morning ladies, I've had a bad week food/ sick wise. Dh was sick then the next day I was. All this crazy weather is def to blame and it's going to drop back down again tmw I am back at 199.6 ahh!!! I'm sure it has something to do with being sick but I'm over 2 months without fast food but all my home cooking is not helping lol I'm hoping to be down some by this weekend but we shall see!
Hope everyone is doing well, I would do replies but I'm on my phone about to put the boys on the bus. Hope everyone has a happy Wednesday!
Closed Thread