Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #421  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

miniDoodles-It's Ease to 10K running program. Biking sounds incredible though. I used to have a bike but it got stolen here at school, but when I had it I could spend hours riding around. Bunny rabbits too?!

201.5 this morning. This is mentally exhausting.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #422  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Arabella we r sooo happy that u r okay now

Hi Carri We got snowshoes 2 yr ago & Luv them & use them 3 x a week; walking in them 15 minutes is said to equal running 30 minutes.

We were supposed to get 4" snow last night, but it missed my area, lots of schools closed 50 miles from me

Time for me to go write a diet menu for the rest of the week

Have a Safe & Happy Day ... Christmas Blessings Everyone! Dee
Old 11-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #423  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Carri-we were suppose to get a dusting here but didn't get anything and the kids were bummed.

Hi Arabella!

Aka I tried C25K and didn't care for it but I suck at running lol

Hi Dee
Old 11-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #424  
One Day at a Time...

Ok I went to the grocery and found some good stuff I think. Got some carrots, thin triscuits, hummus, fruit, diet hot chocolate, thin bread, lunch meat and some skinny cow ice cream. I also got a bunch of lean cuisine meals ( I know they arent the best but they are low cal and I can eat them if I think the dinner I make the family is to high in cals).

I also took pics of my boys and got Christmas cards made with them. I picked them up today and they turned out so good!!! I can't believe how fast they are growing! So I will send tomorrow working on all that.

This is day 2 on track and I am positive I will come in under calories
Old 12-01-2011, 09:34 AM   #425  
One Day at a Time...

201.6 today! Getting closer!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #426  
One Day at a Time...

Ate to much dinner and feel yucky. I'm still under 191 cals but it was salty so tmws weigh in is not going to be pretty
Old 12-02-2011, 07:44 AM   #427  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone! It is so good to see you all. Liz and Auntie G, I hope we hear from you both soon! You are missed.

I have been crazy busy with work (isn't that always the way?) so that is why I have been MIA for a couple of days.

My TOPS weigh-in was last night and I lost 3.50 lbs! So I lost the 3.25 I had gained back to weeks ago and .25 more. I wanted to loose at least a 1 lbs more but I will take the loss...and it puts me at my lowest weight for the year!!

You all seem to be so close to ONEderland or there and ladies I have a LONG way to go. I keep thinking I will reveal my true weight on here one day.

I love this board...it is so inspiring and even though I have a long way to go until I reach ONEderland, I feel this is the right board for me.

Mel: The scales are looking pretty good for you. I hope the extra salt doesn't make it go up to much. Just remember that is water weight and can be lost with taking in more water to push that salt out.
I am glad that we were able to connect on FB!

Arabella: I'm glad you are over the sickness and back here!

Cari: I see I have a private message from you about FB. I'll take a look at that today and get you added. I can't wait to see just how crazy you are!
Thanks for sharing your goals. I need to get back to using my Lose It app everyday.

Haagis: Welcome to you and you are correct you have found a very inspiring board. We look forward to getting to know you.

Dee: Tell us more about writing you diet menu for the week. Is this your meal plan so you stay on track?

Aka: How awesome to train for a 10K. I just walked my first 5K a couple weeks ago and I loved it! I am going to train for more of them..I want to get my time to 45 min. I did my first one in 59 min and 30 seconds.
I am not a runner at all, so I'll be sticking to walking...at least for now.
Have you done any races in the past?

Ok..I need to get off here and out the door for work. Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #428  
One Day at a Time...

Susie congrats on the amazing loss!! You are doing great! I'm glad we got to connect on fb too I will def be drinking a lot of water today!

201.8 today so up .2 with the salty dinner, wont be doing that again! Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 12-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #429  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, hope you all are having a good Friday

Susie - please dont be ashamed to post your real weight ...I hate to put on my 230's weight but I always do it because I figure it is what it is, and I have to work from that ...I got your message about not finding me, I will go on Mel's page later, find you in her friends, and add you ...and CONGRATS on the great loss this week !!!

Mel - yes salt can be very bad on your weigh in's, I am always up after a really salty meal, like pizza ...

Liz,Teri, Arabella and Auntie G - Hi

Man do I just feel FAT today ...I can really see my spare tire/muffin top in these jeans I have on today...doesnt make me feel real good about my taco night with friends tonight ...there is NO WAY that is gonna be low calorie haha

Have a good weekend Girls !!!

Carri
Old 12-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #430  
One Day at a Time...

Carri I have had quite a few of those "feeling fat" days. All I could do is think that tmw will be better! Hope you have a graat taco night, I think I'm going to make some but just put a few fixings on a bed of shredded lettuce instead of on a tortilla

Anyone else get headaches from eating less than 1500 cals a day...I've had a horrible headache for days
Old 12-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #431  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

okay why do sooo many people think the word 'fat' is a bad word & we must call a person 'large' when they r 'tall' or 'fat'?
Fat is 'good' it covers our organs & IS important for our bodies, skinny people look terrible without 'fat' covering their bod's.
Tooo much fat is lumpy, that's why Spanx was invented

Carri for saying the word 'fat' & I wish I was w you tonight, I'd like a margarita right now.

Rtsmme4life: >>Anyone else get headaches from eating less than 1500 cals a day...I've had a horrible headache for days<< Hi, yes I did. My doctor told me they can be from not 'drinking enough' or not 'enough protein'. I hope that helps Plus protein will also help curb craving sugar & carbs & to lose fat, include it in all 3 meals.

Susie nobody here judges anyone's weight #, we r just trying to be healthier I write a menu for me & DH tells me what he wants so I can shop & keep him out-of my thinner food, like this week my 1 'fat' splurge is for 'hard salami' from the deli; I'll make pita pizza's, salads etc. At TOPS yesterday was my turn to bring a low-sugar/fat-free birthday treat for a girl's 40th b.day, after our meeting finished.
I baked a 9"x13" white cake w 1 egg + 2 whites, using unsweetened applesauce instead of oil, cooled it & poked holes 1" apart in cake. Boiled in micro 1 c. diet red pop, instead of the water & mixed it w 1 sugar-free raspberry jello & pour over cake & into holes. Cool it 4 hrs in fridge or freezer, then top w fat-free cool-whip. I drizzled the cool-whip topping w strawberry ice-cream topping to look pretty. Put into freezer, let thaw 3 hr-4 hr on counter to eat it. Or keep in the fridge if you have the spare room, instead of freezing it. Almost 0 fat & 0 sugar grams.
I cut it into 24 slices & no slices were left to bring home, very yummy & pretty & sooo easy & fast.
I also made a cold salad: dump 1/2 can lemon pie filling or make it sugar-free from a box mix & add 1 c. dry roasted peanuts or dry roasted misc. nuts & 3-4 sliced bananas, stir. Chill it. That's it. Simple & yummy, but must be eaten within 8 hrs or the nuts get soggy. It was all gone also This is a big hit wherever I take it, like my cake. My DH only eats it w cashews. My friends in their 20's & 30's call this their PMS treat

No snow yet..I'm excited..I want to go sledding & get out my ski's & snowshoes
Old 12-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #432  
One Day at a Time...

200.4 today!! I am so close to being back in onederland! Once I get these headaches under control I will be ok! I have finally adjusted to calorie counting again and it feels so good Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Dee- I will def add some more protein and drink more water during the day! Thanks for the advice!
The treats you made for your TOPS meeting sound yummy!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:32 AM   #433  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning, Wimmin!

OK -- things have stopped whirling for a moment. Our choir's performance of Handel's Messiah was on Sunday, followed up by hosting a party to celebrate that and my mom's 88th birthday. And then yesterday, a 3.5 drive to Halifax for the week. On Friday, we drive back home and directly to DH's staff party. Looking forward to a stay-at-home Saturday.

Pledging to start posting my food again, beginning today! I know there will be a few treats over the holidays but as long as they're the exception and good behaviour the norm, that's not going to cause problems. Gorging is NOT a treat -- makes us feel crappy and gain weight, which makes us feel even crappier. I want to enjoy myself!

Mel, good for you getting going again this time of year! I always feel like it's all coming together or it's all coming apart. YAY for getting it together!

Minidoodles, I always thought I'd really enjoy snowshoeing -- one of these years, I'm going to get some and try it. Amazing to think it burns more cals than running. And it must be really fun just walking on top of the snow.

Carri, hate the muffin top effect! I try to buy jeans that come up to my waist to avoid it but even then unless I wear a belt they start moving down until they make me muffin! So, I've started wearing a belt and it actually makes me feel slimmer

Susie, congrats on getting that 3.25+ off again! So easy to go the other way this time of year and it's only more misery. Let's hang in there!

K, time to do a little more work and then get out... Those 10k steps aren't going to walk themselves.

Let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 12-06-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #434  
It is what it is...

Morning girls ...had a great weekend, it was pretty cold so I basically just vegged inside...

Mel - I SO get horrible headaches when I start back on my diet, EVERY time and I hate it ...I usually stick around 1500 to, so it is totally normal...it does help me some to drink a buttload of water...they say sometimes the headaches are from hydration but I think it is my body saying "hey wait a minute, I am used to fat and high calories, now you are gonna pay !!" haha

Mini D - thank you, I have that same issue....some people get so offended by the word "fat" ...and it is mostly the fat people who get quite offended, it is what it is, we are fat ...deal with it, haha

Arabella - yes my bigger jeans don't do the muffin top but I really love my low rise jeans and they give it to me big time...ah well after the first of the year this thing will be coming off quickly !!!

Hope you all had a good weekend and are having a good week so far ...gonna be a cold one here all week with high 30's and low 40's ....I love it crisp though...

See ya !

Carri
Old 12-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #435  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone,

I tried to post last night but the page was not cooperative.

Thank you for all the kind things you all said to me about being able to post my weight. It's not you all that have kept me from it but rather ME! I'm doing some soul searching to make sure that I can "bare all" with the number.

We had a busy and productive weekend. All gifts are purchased..just need to pick up a couple when they come in. The tree is up and decorated as is the house. So, now, for the wrapping and the baking and a few Christmas cards.

Arabella: It's good to see you back!

Dee: Thanks for sharing the receipie.

Carri: I love low raise jeans too--muffin top be da*m#ed!
Also sent you a friend request on FB.

Mel: If have headaches when my blood sugar drops and when I don't get enough water

Hi Liz and Annie--we miss you!

I am a little off track today..had some sugar popcorn that a co-worker left on my desk. No dessert for me tonight (I love to have a fat free fudge bar after dinner but will have to pass tonight!)
Closed Thread