Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh, girls... Reading all these posts about taking care of ourselves is like getting hit on the head with a sledge hammer. That's certainly a HUGE issue here. It's always about everyone else... When I had mentioned I was trying to get some things straight in my head, that was one of the things I've been struggling with. I read some article that led me SO close to figuring out why I do what I do, but as usual, life got in the way of the follow through. And today I opened a can of worms with a potential health issue, so now I'm just losing my marbles completely.

Sorry for being MIA and not doing personals, but I'll get back. I'm still waffling, but haven't gone back over the 200 line, so it'll be OK. I'm just so discombobulated right now, I can't even think straight! A massage is sounding pretty darn good, but there's no money for such things...

Oh crap, I'm not really helping, am I? LOL, I better get outta here! Everyone, definitely be good to yourselves!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #302  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...I like the idea of posting what we are doing for ourselves...I did something last night for myself...I normally go to bed around 1030 or after even when I am dog tired...so last night I was so tired at 850 and I just thought, hey I need the sleep, my body needs it, so I am going to bed now...and I did...and this morning I feel SO much better for it...

I like Auntie G am still waffling...off and on, off and on ...really dont have any excuse for it besides I am just doing it, haha

Don't count me out though, I am still trying to get to 199 by Christmas with Arabella ...which means I better get my butt into gear NOW

have a good day girls !!

Carri
Old 10-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #303  

Tonight is weigh-in night for me. I hope to see great things on those scales tonight.

I'm still loving my Loose It app on my phone and have found it to be a great tool for me. I look at it before I eat anything. It also has this great feature where you can scan a bar code of something you are eating and usually it can save it to your foods for current and future use. Very, very nice.

I was very enlightened yesterday by going to the natural hormone replacement seminar. This program works with your doctor or gyn; you can not get the natural hormones without the doctor signing the perscription and you have to get them through a pharmacy that does compounding. they also went over how you are tested to see where your hormones are off and it's not all related to being or beginning menapouseal.

I am for sure going to talk to my doctor about this (I will see him next month); I know I felt better when I was using the patch but after the abnormal mamo last year, that changed back to a non-suspicious mamo 6 months after I stopped wearing the patch I need to find something and I've been doing a lot of reading and surfing about natural hormone replacement and compounding and I believe that is the way for me to go.

Carri: Extra sleep is always good! and I think if we listened to our bodies more we woudn't have health issues..so good for you for listing to your body and acting on it.

Visionary: I love massages and how nice you found a place that does them 1/2 price on certain days. I love the way a massage makes me feel during and afterward. You know, when my sister-in-law had breast cancer, she got the special massages for those going through that and I really truly believe it helped her to get well--she's a 6 year survivor and she says its all about balance and never again will she not take the time to be sure she is balanced. Those massages helped her with the nausea after chemo and such..she would have a really bad day after the treatment where she was in bed all day..the massage lady would come to her house the next day and do the massage and then the next day she would be a little better and the next she would get back to work. She always did her treatment on Thursday after work then be off Friday, get the massage on Saturday and back to work on Monday..repeating every 3 weeks.

Auntie:it's so good to hear from you and good for you for keeping under the 200 number. You know..we all will have times we waffle, it's ok. Just because we finally reach a goal number doesn't mean this journey ended; it's just on to the next phase.

Ok..i've written a book and my lunch hour is over so talk to you later.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #304  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Day 6: 220.6. Hoping to be back under again tomorrow.

Guess what it's doing outside here? Hint: Yes, plus high winds, rain and sleet. Deeeee-lightful. AND I was just out in it to go have my dental cleaning. Could life be sweeter?

Ah well, I'm home now. I've got the fire turned on and don't have to go out again, plus my teeth are sparkly.

Oh, uh-huh, I'm thinking I'm going to do WW points again starting next week. TG to get through first, which my original plan works better for.

Auntie g, there seems to be quite a lot of consensus on the root of our problems. And there's always ways to be good to ourselves, even if not everything is available. :hugs:

Carri, hey -- jealous of my weather now?

I usually go to bed pretty early but occasionally I stay up way past when my body says "SLEEP NOW" -- never feels good. And yeah, worse the next day.

Susie, natural hormone replacement sound like the way to go. You know, our hormones can mess us up six ways to Sunday. If we get a handle on them, it'll probably fix a lot of things.

Visionary, I can have a free massage once a month under DH's health insurance. I must go get a referal to do it. I only had one but I loved it!

K, wimmen have a good rest of your day. See ya tomorrow!

Old 10-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

Always great to jump on here and hear what everyone is doing.

I'm still at 196 so maintaining my MOVE into Onederland.

While we are discussing being kind to ourselves, I notice that my "self talk" is sooo important. No one is harder on me than me. Even though I look in the mirror and still feel "so big" , I really do need to stop and appreciate the 69 pounds I no longer am carrying. So, focusing on feeling proud of what I am accomplishing really helps and not focusing on that I still feel "big" or even feeling like people are judging me.

My feeling good about what I have accomplished so far is truly an inside job and it helps me to keep up the good work.

So Yaaaaa!!! Horahhhh for all of us being here, doing what we need to do to be our healthy selves!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #306  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ....

Arabella - snow? LOVE IT, and yes I am jealous ...funny I was talking about doing WW again next week ...that is the only time I have lost alot of weight, over 60 pds...so that may be the thing I need...

Visionary - yeah, over 60 pds is ALOT !!! Be so proud of yourself

Susie - Glad you are liking the Lose It app, it is a good one..sorry to hear you are having hormonal issues...oh the things to look forward to for me haha

Hi to Liz, Mel, and Auntie G ...

Have a good day all !!

Carri
Old 10-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #307  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Im here ladies!! DH started his new job on Tues and has been working 11-13 hours a day so I've been busy around here. Made it down to 197.4 a few days ago but was 199.6 today...but I think its bc I had sausage and sauerkraut..soooo salty. This daily weighing may drive me insane so I may start the once a week again.

Sorry I havent put replies to everyone but I have to go run some errands. I will also say the logging everything I eat is hard...it used to be so easy! My blood sugar is not used to eating less so I have been having crashes and the fastest way to bring it up is Mt.dew (bad bad!)

Have a great day ladies!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #308  

Smile

Had to jump on and share. Went and hit a sale on clothes and bought some new MUCH SMALLER clothes. It felt so good. As I was changing, I looked at my body and for the 1st time I can see a really big difference.

The only problem now is where the fat used to be some things look very droopy now. I am going to have to "firm up" a bit as I continue to lose weight.

It's just so nice to buy some new smaller things. I feel a bit more "human" now....as crazy as that might sound.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #309  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Fly-by -- All is well here. Had a snack on the couch the other day, so off my streak but not overeating. I'll be ready to go with WW on Monday.

Today is our TG party, so lots to do. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #310  

Smile

I am maintaining my Onederland move! 194.4 today. I am officially 1/2 way to my goal.

Besides this board, reading health books keeps me motivated and educated. I am reading several on not just diet but fitness as well. Now I walk almost every day, but things have gotten very flabby and are drooping towards the floor, if you know what I mean. So I am looking at the best options for physical fitness now. I think with a lot of this weight off I can do more exercise without it hurting so much.

I like swimming. Seems like lots of people say lift weights, do cardio and limit calories. So, the weight thing just does not appeal to me but I am open and want to start toning some of this droopy stuff. Think that will keep my focused on the end goal as well.

What do you enjoy now while your working on achieving your ideal weight?

I've learned to love protein drinks, all kinds of teas and walking.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #311  

So nice to see the board "alive". Yesterday I was saying to my husband that I was having "board withdrawl" and needed to get here.

I'm happy to report a 3.50 lb loss on Thursday! I was so excited and I'm excited to repeat with a loss next week. Also, it's amazing how much better I feel--it took two weeks to get to actually feel better but I'm not overstuffed, the sugar has leveled off and I'm moving..amazing how just that can change things.

Yesterday was our 23rd wedding anniversary. We celebrated by going out of breakfast, then went to a festival and had a great time. Lots of walking, and we shared a funnel cake and drank a lot of water. It was sunny, hot and 85 F!! (can you believe this Arabella--you had snow and I was putting on sunscreen).

The festival we went to was the saurkraught festival and it's a huge one. The have about 350,000 people come in for it. The vendors who sell there have to apply to be a vendor and there a strict guidelines for their wares--one that what you sell has to be handmade by the vendor. They have nice things and I did pick up a baby shower gift and a Christmas gift.

So, today is going to be busy with cleaning house, grocery shopping and laundry.

I'll try to get back on later and do personals; your posts have been amazing to read...it's so helpful to come here! When I need to get back on track, you are here, when I need to celebrate, you are here...
Old 10-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #312  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Sorry for the fly by! Weighed 198.2 this morning so I'm slowly getting away from the 200s! Going to go do some work outside since it's nice!
Have a great day ladies!!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #313  
It is what it is...

Morning Gals, hope you all had a GREAT weekend, I know I did, quite a lazy one though...only left the house once and that was for 20 mins to go to the grocery store...haha

Mel !!!!!!!!!! I love when you come back on...I am HIGHLY impressed with you staying in Onederland all this time...you are doing great !!!

Susan - congrats on your loss !!!!! GREAT JOB !!!! Also Happy Belated anniversary ....my dh and I are coming up on our 18th anniversary in November, time flies huh?

Visionary - Do you have a first name we can use? it seems weird calling you that, haha ...also I like protein drinks too but have a hard time finding ones I like that dont have artificial sugars in them ...which ones do you find taste the best?

Hi Liz and Auntie G -

Arabella - just keep chugging away like I am , little by little we are gonna get there...

Have a great day everyone....make the best of your Monday !!!

Carri
Old 10-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #314  

Haha...yes, I have a real name. Teri. Thanks so much for asking.

I also look for no artificial sweeteners and use a variety of protein drinks and add my own natural ingredients such as pure extracts, dry peanut butter, raw carob, unsweetened coconut, unsweetened frozen fruit, love a big hunk of frozen banana, etc. I must say I have become an extraordinary mixoligist and everyone I make a shake for says they can not believe how awesome my shakes are.

In fact, I'd rather have one of my shakes than eating out. I make sure I buy complete meal replacements not just protein powder. I don't want to mention brands because I use about 4 or 5 different wants. I read my labels!

I honestly think I am loosing weight because I enjoy what I eat instead of gagging some diet food down. lol.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #315  
It is what it is...

TERI - maybe you can send me a PM and let me know how to make one?
Closed Thread