Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 271/265/135

Hello All,

Was doing so well and then my brother came into town and said...Let's go out to eat...well... I'm thinking ok...I'll just eat light.

I did but it was Japanese with lotsa soy sauce. ( Something I never eat)...I ate very little but this morning I went up to 199.8

I have so much fear about jumping back over the wall. I have more to lose but mt family is ALL overweight and they love to eat. I almost feel like I get so easily sucked in. I know I have free will but so many family issues are showing up with this.

There is so much going on with my family where I am the main caregiver for my parapelegic Mother...point is I just can not be around these people but I am seeing so much poor health habits that just drive me crazy right now.

Just thought I'd jump on here and get some feedback.

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #287  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Happy Sunday! Day 2: 220.6.

There was no great crash and burn that broke the streak -- I ate a half a dark chocolate w/sea salt bar (300 cals) which would have been not so bad but I ate it on the couch, which is definitely against the rules.

Got in just about my 10k steps and went to hot yoga. Today's in the bag!

Visionary, I'm sure it's the salt and you'll be right down again. Anyway, you know, our weight is never really stable from one day to the next. But I totally get that you don't want to cross back over the border. SUCH an accomplishment to have gotten there.

My goodness -- sounds like your family makes it a lot harder than it has to be. And being your mom's main caregiver... Well, I salute you. Just remember to take good care of yourself!

All right -- let's enjoy the rest of the day and get ready for a fresh new week.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #288  

Thanks Arabella...good points. :-)
Old 10-03-2011, 07:21 AM   #289  

Just me again. Day 3: 219.2. So I'm back under the dreaded 20 and back on my way under the really big 2. Obv., still far from meeting my September goal but hope springs eternal for the rest of the trip to Christmas. I guess to be realistic, I'll extend the goals to New Year's Eve...

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Let's make this a day work for us!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #290  

Height: 5'7"

Taking a little break at my desk to eat lunch--so nice to spend my lunch time with you ladies!

DH ended up with the GI bug I had last weekend so we didn't make it to the movies on Saturday but went on Sunday. I enjoyed the movie as well as the book. There were times when I was reading the book I would become very emotional and I did it at the movie too..I think DH thinks I'm a nut! lol

Did really well with food over the weekend..I haven't been able to say that for a long time! I downloaded a free app to my Droid (which is new..not sure I love it, but it growing on me) called Lose It and I'm tracking my food there. I have done it before on the computer but I am one who must always write it down right then or I get behind so having it on my phone is a big plus--for a big loss--at least let's hope!

I like it because I was able to put in my goal--and I'm breaking it down 10 lbs at a time and it shows me how many calories I have left for the day when I enter the foods in. I can also track my exercise on it too.

Visionary: I'm sure that the scales will be down soon...that food has a lot of salt in it. Be sure to drink your water to flush it out.

You asked for thoughts on the info you shared about your family. I'm sure with being the Care-Giver for your mon you have had to deal with the family and it's poor health issues but yet you managed to get to ONEderland. What were the things that helped you as you were working your way there? I'm sure the same things would still work.

Arabella: You might have had to start back over...but you did it and you are still posting every day. Keep it up and you will be down to your ONEderland goal right on time.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #291  

Really good point MyChoice2bfit. You really made me think and I have to say I think that is so important to look at WHY we succeed as well as how.

I had to put myself 1st. Bottom line, my health was more important than everyone else's emergencies and severe health issues.

I even noticed that I was feeling angry. In fact, I still feel angry at family members that do not and did not take care of themselves, have severe health issues and only have me to help them and deal with the after effects of their poor choices.

My Mother is morbidly obese and a paraplegic. I noticed that I gained more than 50 lbs. in the past 2 1/2 years taking care of her and my health was getting very bad.

I now, do what I can, but am being selfish about taking time for myself. I feel guilty but do it anyway. I spend money on healthy foods and even an occasional message or work out gear instead of trying to pay all my bills first and buying other people stuff they need.

I actually worked for a therapist and he said, he loved working with obese people because they were always so nice and gave him gifts and just wanted to please everyone. I never forgot that. I think I have been such a people pleaser and am always helping everyone at my costs.

I really believe I finally reached Onederland, after almost 20 years, because I put my health 1st, no matter what. In continuing my journey I will need to keep doing that and not get wrapped back up into everyone else needing me and not taking the time to really care for myself.

I will always want to help people I care about but I think the point is, I need to make my self care come 1st.

Last edited by Visionary; 10-03-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #292  

Day 4: 219.4

I must say, knowing that I'm going to be reporting my WI is affecting what I decide to eat. All to the good -- it's the one day after another, keeping on keeping on that'll get me there.

Susie, your new app sounds really helpful -- and almost fun. We'll for sure get The Help when it comes out on video. I really enjoyed the book too.

Visionary, that line from your former therapist hit me like a ton of bricks. Wow. Yes, I'm nice, always doing stuff for people, etc. And never realized it was connected to my weight. Yup, we need to put ourselves first.

DH and I walked around the harbour before dawn. I was at hot yoga the last three days in a row so I think I'll take a recovery day today.

Yesterday the instructor had us holding plank and, from that position, reaching alternate knees to elbows. And then standing with one leg raised behind, upper body forward (eventually to come to a T-shape) and doing mini-squats on the standing leg. Phew! I did feel nice and calm after class though, rather than just wiped so that's progress.

Let's make this a good one!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #293  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies ...hope you all are doing well !!! I am feeling alot better now that I have weened off of one med and got enough of the new one in my system, I definitely think that I am on the up side now

Susie - I use the Lose It app on my Iphone and I love it ..so convenient since I always have my phone on me ...

Arabella - You always inspire me with your exercise ...I can walk outside now that it is cooler here and I love it ...

Vision - sorry that you are having to deal with all of this, at least you are not stress eating...and you are under 200!!! Take one day at a time Girly, you will never regret being there for your mother.

Have a good day everyone !!!

Carri
Old 10-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #294  

Great comments! I agree. I will never regret being there for my mothers and others.

I'm holding at 198. So, that is good. I am not stress eating...but sometimes impulsively reach for something and think...oh, I don't do that anymore...and just laugh at myself. I am realizing how impulsively I would just reach for stuff and eat and not even enjoy it. Now, I must say, I enjoy everything I eat and not eating late at night has made a HUGE difference.

It is true heavier people seem to be nicer...so I will plan on losing my weight, yet still be a kind nice person and take care of myself in the process! It really is a new way of living for me.

Last edited by Visionary; 10-05-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #295  

Hello. So beautiful here in Ohio--perfect fall days.
I had a nice walk in the neighborhood last night.

Tonight I will walk with my friend; we most likely will walk the inside track at the Y as my niece has a belt test tonight at karatee and I want to be sure I get to the karatee room on time--there's a clock up on the inside track--it's sort of a device torture when you are just going around in circles. I like outside walking a lot better.

I am also happy to report I logged all my food yesterday into the Loose It app and I found it very helpful and stayed within my calorie range..in fact I was 290 calories short of my range. I let it stay at that, as you never know if you are underestimating the serving size sometimes.

Carri: So glad to hear that you feel better and I am excited that you have the Loose It App too--in case I have questions, you will be there to help me!

Arabella: I am impressed that you can hold a plank and do that...the plank is hard enough for me! Good job!!

Visionary: that line from your former therapist hit me like a ton of bricks too. I know that my weight issues and that very thing are connected. I have often toyed with the idea of going to therapy to help my weight-loss. The issue is that insurance doesn't pay for it for that reason, so I would need to come up with something else like maybe anixiety, depression, and see if we could get to the root of the problem.

Mel: I'm looking for you...do you need a hand up back on the wagon, a hug, something else? You know we are here for you.

Auntie G: How are you doing. I know you were getting some things straight in your head..how is that going?

Liz: I hope you are ok..it's not like you to stay away this long.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #296  

Day 5: 221.4 -- Not happy to see that number but I had a good day yesterday. Salty soup maybe to blame. Will drink gallons of water today and hopefully it'll be gone tomorrow.

Good morning, Women! It's a wild, windy and one here. I'm feeling a bit under the weather and may devote my energy to some house cleaning. This is our Thanksgiving weekend coming up and I'm actually hosting a big dinner on Saturday. At which I will not go hog-wild but am likely to have a piece of pumpkin pie.

Carri, so glad your meds are sorted! Re: exercise -- OMG, I'd definitely be in the remedial hot yoga class if they had such a thing. Lots of things that most of the class can do that I can't yet -- one-legged push-up position moving from plank to down dog, side planks with the top leg raised so the body makes a big X-shape. Lord thunderin'!

Visionary, balance is the thing. We've got to make sure that our own needs are taken care of -- the healthier we are, physically, mentally, spiritually, the better we'll be able to help others. And sometimes that's going to mean putting ourselves first.

It's wonderful that you were able to lose so much weight while taking care of your mom.

Susie, that's great that your app worked so well for you. Thinking maybe doing the WW points thing again would help me make some progress.

How about if we make a pact to try to ensure our needs are met? Rest when we're tired, do something fun on a regular basis, maybe talk to someone or write it out when we're feeling down? Pamper ourselves? I know it would make a big difference for me.

All right, then. Let's be good to ourselves today and let it radiate out of that wholeness and integrity to serve others as well.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #297  

Ya...I am at 196 today. I really do notice that the salt thing makes a difference from day to day. I also noticed that I love nuts and the days I have a "few handfuls" I seem to retain weight, even natural and unsalted. So I am only taking a few almonds everyday.

I try to walk almost every day. Some days I have lots of energy and some days none. I even walked 6.5 miles the other day in the Florida heat. Most days I just walk 2 miles and it's enjoyable. Just 6 months ago, that same 2 miles would wipe me out and my face was beat red. I would love to be able to run, but just not comfortable with that at all. Maybe when I am no longer obese it will be easier.

Someone told me I need to Journal and I don't. I do think jumping on here is even better. I feel like I can just say whats really happening and not worry about judgement while seeing that so many others are going through what I am.

I feel supported here and I want to be supportive. I know someday, we'll all be on the "I love my body so much, it's perfect for me" thread.

Last edited by Visionary; 10-05-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #298  

Hello Everyone.

I was way under my calories yesterday--which we know does not equal a good weight-loss in the end, so I need to be more watchful of not going over or being under to much. As Arabella said early: It's all about balance for sure!

Arabella: I find cleaning house to be good "therapy" for me; especially on rainy days when I don't really have anywhere else to go and can just take my time and do a good job (sometimes that is "deep" cleaning and sometimes it is just putting the clutter away!). Whatever you decide I hope you enjoy your day. For sure drink that water to get the salt out of here so THAT NUMBER can go away!

I like the idea of the pact to take care of ourselves. You know, it's important to celebrate non-scale victories like that too--we are all so much more than just a number on the scale!

So, besides making the pact, how does everyone feel about posting weekly on what they did to take care of ourselves--do we want to pick a day, or just encourge each other to post something if we haven't seen a post?

Have a great day everyone. I'm going to do something today to take care of myself. I'm going to a lunch even that is a informal meeting about Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy. I'm dealing wth a need to look into this sort of thing and I was on "the patch" and had the mamo scare last year so I haven't been on anything for year and I have some symptoms popping up again so I want to get some info so that my doctor and I can disscus it at my yearly appt. (which I still need to make--shooting for getting that done in Nov)
Old 10-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #299  

Visionary: I was posting at the same time you were. Your number looks good today! I'd say that water helped.

About journaling: I have do a journal before and I do find it helpful, but I sort of look at this as my journaling--I'm like you, I feel supported here and feel I can be very honest, so for now..this is my journal.

Have a great day!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #300  

I really like your idea MyChoice2bfit to make a pact to take care of ourselves.

The best thing that really helps me, is that when I meet a milestone in my "getting healthy" I celebrate with a massage. Now, I look for special promotions and found a little day spa that offers massages for 1/2 price on certain days. So I can afford to go and leave a nice tip. It just makes me feel so good and I know it helps with moving toxins out of my body.

I also know that sometimes there is an expensive supplement I might like to have. I don't always buy things, but once in a great while, I treat myself to that special face cream or yummy organic extra I can put in my protein shakes.

I told myself that when I reach 175, I am buying myself a bike. So that is my next goal and hopefully I can do that by Christmas.

Anyway, would love to hear what others do to take care of themselves in supporting our selves into and in Onderland.
Closed Thread