Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #451  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Okay see my pic, I like dares/challenges this is a pic of me w 2 of my grandbabes @ the beach on Lake Huron @ Tawas Pointe State Park in MI. On our hot day in October 74* & extremely windy, that's why our hair is a mess, people were sail-boarding & kite-boarding that day & we went snorkeling. I'm sorta camera-shy so I don't take many pic's alone Anyways, this is my worst pic of 2011 w my hair blown, no make-up on, while camping & Kylee's hair is pretty bad too I'm sooo sorry if we scared anyone...But hey I did the challenge so I'll probably put my puppy litter pic back-up next week.

I hope everyone has a Fun weekend, Merry Christmas, Dee
Old 12-10-2011, 07:25 AM   #452  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Saturday!

I'm so glad to be home again.

I love our location on the water in Halifax and I love Halifax in general but it's tough being cooped up in a small condo most of the day. And then DH doesn't like to go out at night...

OK -- guess what happened with the stupid brown rice chips? Yup, ate the whole bag, I'm figuring about 700 cals. Just... eating lunch at the computer in frantic mode. I did great the rest of the day and the rest of lunch was a green salad with hummus, so not too catastrophic all told. And I got over 11,000 steps in, plus

It was fun being out at night, even if it was to DH's staff party (ugh!). I loved seeing all the lights. Must make a point of taking an evening stroll every night while people have lights up. And maybe I'll pick up some lights to put up outside today while I'm getting the

December 9
Steel-cut oats with yogurt, ½ banana & 3 prunes
Apple, 2 Brazil nuts
Mixed green salad, 2/3 c. hummus
Freakin’ bag of brown rice chips
6 oz. turkey, salad, veg
2 small g. red wine

Dee, you're a pretty grammie! How many grandbabies do you have? I've just got the one -- but he's actually got a younger half-brother that I count too, although not blood-related.

Agoin1, I'm sure you can think of something.

Carri, yeah, I've got both -- gluten & lactose intolerance. I can get away with a little cheese but too much causes nasty gastro-intestinal distress.

Re: pic -- Not going to happen, my friend. Anyway, you can see me on FB (and if anyone else wants to friend me up, just shoot me a PM).

Let's make this a good one!

Old 12-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #453  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies just a quick drop in...weigh in was not good 202.0 Don't know if not feeling good had anything to do with it but I'm not going to make excuses- just move on.

Carri- I totally felt like I was drowning the first time I used it! But it helped a lot this morning.

Welcome Agoin1!!!

Hoping to feel better tmw :fingers crossed :
Old 12-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #454  

S/C/G: 235/201.8/145

Height: 5'6"

I weighed this morning and was not happy at all. I was 204.8. I cannot be surprised, I have not been doing well. I work at a hospital and the cafeteria food is awful for you. But tomorrow is a new day, I am starting a new diet. So hopefully this will motivate me to do much better tomorrow and the rest of the week.

I still have not thought of what would be a good reward for hitting under 200, I have lost around 30 so far but have not had any kind of reward yet. What have you all done?
Old 12-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #455  

Suddenly realized at dinner time yesterday that I'd eaten very, very lightly all day without even realizing it. Love it when that happens! Might be nice to cut back on having wine every night, though. I've got a party tomorrow night, another one Wednesday night, another one Friday night, another one Sunday night... But in January, for sure!

December 10

2 boiled eggs w. yogurt
1 bowl light clam chowder
2 p. GF veggie pizza, light on the cheese
Greek salad
2 5-oz glasses red wine

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #456  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies,

Busy week for me; as I am sure it is getting for everyone!

I tried to post 3 times last night and the page kept getting hung up so finally i said "forget it"! It might have been a "little" strong than that!

I stayed the same at my TOPS weigh-in on Thursday. I thought I might since I had a big loss the week before.

I have a goal to lose another 6 lbs (2 lbs per weigh-in) by the end of the year.

I have to be very careful this week and move more as I have 4 work holiday events to attend!

agoin1: Welcome! You have found a great board for support and supporting others. Did you think of a reward?

Arabella: Your comment about being tired and trying to find something to eat, and then finally just laying down and then the "got to have something" went away. I read about this very same thing. Many times when we think we are hungry, we are physically tired or physically thristy and we need to give our bodies what they need, rest and water, not more food.

Carri: I am so excited for the Biggest Loser Finale Tuesday night...are you?

Mel: How are you feeling?

Dee: You are a very young looking Grandma! and isn't it great to have lost that weight and be able to do all those physical things with your grandkids?!

Hi Liz and Hi Auntie G!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #457  

Okey-doke -- yesterday fewer calories than I need, today maybe a few more. But I was super active, spending hours getting the living room ready for the -- moving big furniture, etc., also vacuumed, scrubbed the kitchen. And then went out and got a tree, got it set up and decorated. Got over 11,000 steps and went to So probably okay.

I also decided to bite the bullet and weigh in today -- been a little while, I guess before I went away last month. Weight was up 3. Have adjusted ticker and aiming to do better.

December 11
Steel cut oats with SF cranberries and yogurt
2 p. GF toast, little butter, 2 T tzatziki
2 scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, red onion, dill & capers
½ avocado w. chopped tomato & lemon juice
Baked chicken breast, no skin
4 tiny mixed color potatoes
Broccoli & carrots
1 small beer
2 5-oz glasses of white wine
3/4 c rice crackers with handful of nuts

Those last few items are the ones I probably could/should have done without. Tonight -- alcohol-free!

DH and I have decided to forgo a party tonight and just cozy up at home. I think I'll take myself out for a walk around the neighborhood looking at the lights.

Susie, yuppir -- if we gave ourselves what we needed instead of defaulting to food all the time, I think we'd have this thing licked. It's worth a shot, don't you think?

Hope all have a wonderful evening, a good sleep and a great start to tomorrow!

Last edited by Arabella; 12-12-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #458  
One Day at a Time...

Susie- still fighting whatever this is. I feel ok for awhile them feel cruddy again.

Wish this weather would make up its mind! Cold, warm, cold, warm
Hope everyone has a great week and that it goes by fast!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #459  

December 12
Steel-cut oats with pomegranate seeds and yogurt
Lentil-veg soup, 2 p. GF bread with 2 T. tzatziki
2 sm. p. veggie lasagne
Big green salad with

Oh heck, might as well put today on too, since I'm not eating anything else:

December 13
Steel-cut oats with pomegranate seeds and yogurt
Lentil-veg soup, 2 p. GF bread with 2 T. tzatziki
2 T. hummus w. small green salad
Grapefruit
1 pork chop
Baked potato with 2 t. butter\
Brussels sprouts

Hope you're feeling better soon, Mel!

Last edited by Arabella; 12-13-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #460  
Sandee

Merry Christmas Y'all
No snow yet in Michigan but it is in our forecast for Christmas
My DH dinner-dance was fab & we sat w friends/couples this year that r health conscious, a vegan couple & a wife that also is in TOPS, Sheri lost 20# this year & wants to be a KOP like me..so we 3 wives shared the desserts & chose to drink just wine during the night
Mel I hope u r feeling ok now I hope your doctor didn't find a virus or strep infection.
Carri u r MIA did u get kidnapped @ the shopping mall by Santa's Elves over the weekend
Arabella TY for your sweet words, I know everyone here is very Lovely inside & out. Do u make your own 'hummus' & what kind is your fav, the labels get confusing & please tell me about 'tzatziki' TY I was gonna look it up on-line but I trust u more
Hi Susie have u gotten any snow yet? We always have 'turtles' weekly in our club, plateau's: people retaining water or replacing fat w muscle mass which is heavy. The year I got fat & I joined TOPS was interesting, because they had 'No fitness activities' in the club. I have 3 positions in my club, (charm awards co-ordinator, newsletter editor & 'fitness coordinator'). I teach/lead: Tai-chi, chair-dancing for imobile members, party line-dances, & yoga classes during our meetings otherwise people would not stay afterwards to participate. I've never been sedentary. I've always been athletic, including the year I got fat & had to buy/wear a (size 14-16), so I joined TOPS & it took me 1 yr to get back to my normal size 9-10. So I decided to start our 15 minute weekly fitness work-out program @ our tops club. If I was taller than my 5'4", a size 14-16 would look nice on me, like some of Chicks here wear. I wish I had my Christmas gifts finished, I need a couple weeks to complete several
Have a Beautiful winter's week, walking in the crisp air!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #461  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

Last night I finished out the Christmas cards that I plan to send out; I am not doing a lot of them but have a few to send.

Tonight I hope to finish wrapping; then I can sit back and relax.

I had a nice walk with my walking partner last night. My exercise has dropped off this month but I'm not going to stress about it as I know I will restart in the New Year and I"m doing what I can now.

Dee: We have no snow yet and I hope that we have a dusting of it on Christmas day and it's the kinds that just sticks to the grass and the trees and swirls in the air..and that's it!
It sounds like the holiday dinner you went to was very nice and you found a way to enjoy the goodies without going to overboard.

Arbella: You are doing great with posting your food again and getting here regulary; do you feel the benefit of it yet?

Everyone have a great day!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #462  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, sorry I have been MIA ...just chugging along ...been craving eggnog like crazy but dont know what a good brand is and where I would find it ...since I am lactose intolerant I should get the Lactaid Eggnog ( yes they have that at the store , I was surprised ) but I cant help but want to have some of the real thing, the tasty stuff

Dee - yes I am here We haven't gotten much snow either but I have my fingers crossed that we will get some for Christmas, at least some...not a lot though, I still have to travel...

Mel - hope you get to feeling better soon, I know it sucks to be sick for so long...things tend to stick around sometime, a lot of sickness going around here at work, I am just trying to keep my distance and stay healthy.

Susie - yay for walking ...by the time I get home from work it is dark and I dont feel like walking in the dark by myself ...which stinks...but I got stuff I can do inside, asked for some more exercise wii games for Christmas too so we will see if I get those

Arabella - those steel cut oats with pomagranite ( sp? ) sure sound good, do you mix them with the oats or the yogurt? Either way, sounds delish!

Hi to Liz and Auntie G

Hope you all have a great day !!

Carri
Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #463  
Sandee

Ummm, I was on another thread today & I just found out what 'Onederland' means Duh, I thought it meant 'Happy Place to Be' w your friends, like @ Disney World 'WonderLand'.

Last edited by miniDoodles; 12-14-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #464  
One Day at a Time...

Hey ladies just stopping by to say I'm still around. Havent gone to the dr bc of no insurance. I found a marble size lump on the left side of my neck yesterday so that freaked me out.... I have a smaller softer one on the right side of my neck but further down. I am hoping it's just my lymph nodes and nothing serious. No fever but my sinus' will hurt for awhile then get better. Sorry for the long rant just wanted to give an update.
Hope you all are having a good week!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #465  
It is what it is...

Dee, I wondered why you were joining us when you were already way in to Onederland, but oh well we are glad to have ya - so dont be going anywhere...you can help the rest of us get there

Mel - I have had that before, usually is just swollen lymph nodes, but I know it can be very scary ..let us know what you find out

Carri
Closed Thread