Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Helloooooooooo... Anybody out there?

Down another 1.5 today- I'll take it!

Carri, I sure know about family stress... And caffeine palpitations, too! Hope things are getting better, but if not yet, just hang in there. This, too, shall pass...

Off to the farmers market. Hope everyone's well!
Old 09-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #227  

I have just been exhausted! So, I have spent Friday and Saturday being very quiet and just doing whatever I wanted to do when I felt like doing it. Taking a break from everything and telling myself that on Tuesday I will get back on track and on plan.

I had a great nap this afternoon and I'm so happy that tomorrow is a day off work.

Carri: It is very hard to not stress-eat when you have stress so if you are not doing that, I would say you are in a very good place. I hope the family stress resolves quickly and easily.

Auntie G: You are doing so well! I think your body loves being in ONEderland.

Mel: How are you? Are the kids back in school? Hope to hear from you.

Arabella: Hope you survived the End o'month workathon!

Liz: Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #228  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Happy Labour Day!

And I sincerely hope that nobody's working. I'm not.

I didn't get as much done during the EOM workathon as I wanted, despite working until 11. Oh well. I'll hit the desk hard tomorrow and get a jump on this month, anyway.

I was a bit off-track from time to time last week but have been solidly OP again since Friday. Time for a 21-day challenge again, I think... I'm just going to commit to only eating at the table when I'm alone. I'm doing other stuff -- limiting carbs, esp. wheat and sugar, getting lots of exercise, water, etc. -- but that one thing is the key for me. Time to keep it simple. So, today is Day 1.

Warm and here today... I'm thinking "beach."

Auntie g! You're still smokin', no lollygagging at the border of Onederland. Quite inspiring, you are.

I'm with you on the "where did summer go?" thing. Our weather's been much better this past month but, seriously, it wasn't like summer at all until then. Had the heat on in July. Ugh! Anyway, I'm determined to accept each day as it is and get on with life. September always seems like a time for fresh beginnings.

Liz, how exciting about the cruise! I'm sure you won't have any problem with the food -- you've so got your head on straight. Even if your "treat time" feels a little like emotional eating to you, you're aware of what you're eating and in control.

Susie, I think we all need that kind of "doing what you want to do when you want to do it" break occasionally to recharge. Doesn't happen often enough, eh?

Carri, I can relate to the underwear story. When I hang mine on the clothesline, I'm always trying to hang them some way that they don't look huge

I get palpitations sometimes, too. Occasionally I get them, for no apparent reason, for a few days and then they just go away. I think sometimes it's related to some kind of a bug.

All right, Wimmen -- let's make this a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 09-05-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #229  

Hello! It's COLD here in Ohio! It's only in the 60's! I'm doing some cleaning of my home office (I can't ever seem to get that done!) and reading a book and playing on the computer.

I'm thinking about taking a walk around 5:30 p.m. and before that a nap.

Arabella: I always feel that September is a fresh start for new beginnings as well. I like your idea of a 21 day challenge. I remember you doing that before and you did very well with it. Keep us posted on how it is going.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #230  
It is what it is...

Morning Gals ...hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, I know with all the stress I am under it was great to just be home and do what I want for three days...could use three more, haha ...I am getting a little bit better with the stress thing...trying to really distance myself from it and try to relax...I am still having the heavy chest and palpitations off and on which is still bothering me, but I go to my doc for a physical in the next two weeks so I can talk to her then...who knows I might need a med to get me thru ...so for right now I am holding on...havent weighed myself in a while but I know I probably havent gained cause I dont have much of an appetite, although this weekend I did eat some high calorie items ...I know I have had the heart flutters ( palps ) off and on in my life and know they are usually harmless , but just having them so often is exhausting...both my dad and sister have had anxiety issues off and on for years and they say they have the same thing...so trying not to worry

Auntie G - you are doing SO great !!! get to 195 or below so you know you have some lead way from the 200's ....I know this time you are going to stay there ...how was your trip to the farmers market? I love them around here, just sad they stop this month.

Arabella - You are finally warm there and we are cold...haha ...it was 46 degrees when I got up this morning, brrrrrrrr ....but I loved it, haha ...good to hear someone else say ( I know others have too ) they get the heart palps...I know I will get thru this, just hanging in there.

Susie - cold here too !!! 40's this morning...geez ...we just had 90 temps on Friday and Saturday, weather can change so quickly here in Indiana.
thanks for your kind words, I hope the stress clears soon too.

Liz and Mel - Hi ya girls !!!

Hope everyone has a good day ...I am so tired today, just trying to get thru the work day to go home and relax, getting to bed EARLY tonight...

Carri
Old 09-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #231  

Hello. Back to work today. I told myself I won't complain about it; if I didn't have a job I would be upset! So, I'm going to be thankful for the job I have.

BUT, I'm running quarterly reports and I HATE those things. The reason is because I only do them 4 times a year and something always changes so I don't feel like I know what I am doing and I can't for sure say they are right. They are to the best of my knowledge is what I say.

I am very blessed with a wonderful husband but today, I just want to kick him in the rear. He is in a bad state of mind..happens to all of us..but he is trying to have me take it on with him and I just refuse to not. It's hard..I'm a "fixer"...funny, I fix everyone for everything but not myself. Now, there is the real perspective and I also think it is a big part of my weight issue! I do it so that I don't have to see or deal with what's going on with me. Anyone else in this boat?

I brought some good broccoli cheese soup for lunch--I bought it at the deli at Kroger. It has 275 calories which I didn't think was bad; I also have some grapes. I'm about to go eat because I am hungry!

Walking tonight with my friend. I didn't make my walk last night, BUT I did get every piece of paper in my home office put away and I cleaned in there; now I wil start tackling a file drawer one at a time. AND, I plan on putting new paper that comes into the office in a file at the time I bring the paper in!

Carri: I have tachacardia that I take meds for. All my life I had a anxious feeling, all the time. I just thought it was because I was a worrier, but come to find out it was the tachacardia. I can still feel anxious at times due to a circumstance but I don't have that feeling like I used to. I hope you figure it out soon.

I am planning on being in bed by 10 p.m. tonight myself. Have a good evening!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #232  

I think I might need to send out a search party--where is everyone?!

I hope you are all doing ok. I have been busy with work this week and I just haven't chosen to really focus on my weight-loss and while I haven't been out of control I don't feel that I have done the best I can do--because keeping me a priority is criteria for doing the best I can do.

I always feel like my chance to "start anew" is on Thursday's because that is my TOPS night, so that will take place tonight with me and my goal is to keep me a priority--which should translate to keeping my weight-loss effort moving forward and downward! Also, I'm going to stop thinking of it as "starting anew" but rather "renewing to propal further forward".
I think my background in Marketing is taking over here! lol.

I hope to see posts from you all soon! I miss everyone!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #233  
It is what it is...

Hi Susie - sorry you are all alone, haha ...I have been busy too, and yesterday I was off work...my focus hasnt really been dieting either so much...well actually I do so good all day at work and then I go home and usually go over by a couple hundred or so, so not doing horribly just not doing as well as I should...steal dealing with more family stress so I think that just has all my attention right now...going home for more of dh's chili tonight...cleans me out real well, hahaha...I know TMI ...

Later Girls !!!

Carri
Old 09-09-2011, 07:20 AM   #234  

I knew I was going to have a gain last night and I sure did. This coming Thursday there is going to be a loss at those scales.

I know that I can't loose big on them every week, but this week, I am planning to do so. Why? There is a number that I never wanted to see again and I saw it last night. I'm not allowing it to hang around any longer!

I'm so glad it's Friday. It has been a long week for me.

Carri: sorry to hear that you are dealing with stressful family situations. Remember that you can't fix it, you can influence somewhat, you can encourge, you can express your opinion but the people who are bringing the stress on are the only ones who can truly do something about it.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #235  

Sorry I haven't been around much! My excuse -- my laptop crapped out Monday night. I'm using DH's computer for work but the transition hasn't been smooth and I don't have constant access. The laptop's toast but they were able to save the data, so that's a good thing.

Anyway, I've been OP solidly the last week and have easily gotten back into the habit of only eating at the table when I'm alone. Why I let myself make the exceptions, I don't know, because it always leads to trouble.

Susie, I know what you mean about the numbers you don't want to see again. I actually didn't weigh in for a week or so (and is that not another thing I said I wouldn't do again?) and the scales have me three pounds up from ticker, which means, yeah, there's that stupid 220 again. I'm going to give myself until Monday and then I've got to make my ticker correct again. Re-resolving not to stop weighing in regularly ever again.

Carri, have the palpitations eased off again? I know so much of our problems, food-wise, come from "internalizing" things. One thing that I find really helps with stress is exercise. I feel so much better when I just start moving.

All resolved to do the best we can today? Let's hit it!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Well I guess I'm not the only one who's been MIA - I think I'm pretty much the worst one though! Things have been good here, but just busy I guess with September arriving and Jakie back to preschool and things just feeling like they're starting up again. I'm on the preschool executive board this year so that's been taking up some time and also have joined a new committee at my church. We went to centreville island today, it's one of the Toronto islands and it has a great amusement park on it specifically for little ones (like really little, Katie could go on a lot of the rides!). We went with my sister and her two kids too, and we had a great time. What a gorgeous day too!! I had moments to reflect on my weight loss too, as I squeezed into those little rides. I have many of those moments, where I just stop and thank myself for losing the weight and making my life that much easier. There was one particular moment - they have this massive adirondack chair that 4 or more people can sit on together, and people use it as a photo-op. So the 4 of us climbed up there and sat together while my sister took a pic. There would have been no way I could have gotten my 233 pound behind up in that chair!!

Anyways hope everybody is having a good weekend, off to church tomorrow and then regular family stuff and then a walk with a friend hopefully - she lost her kitty on Thursday - she had to put her down due to cancer....I went with her and it was so sad...so hopefully we can get together as I'd like to check in with her and see how she's doing. Have a great one ladies!!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #237  

Hi Ladies,

Just got back from a very touchy 9/11 Memorial Service at my church.

The weekend went way to fast for me. I feel like I'm going to go back to work tired and I HATE that.

We had a "festival" in my hometown this weekend and we went last night. I did pretty well with the food--it was the Corn Festival, so I had a ear of buttered corn, shared some fries with my DH and had blackberry cobbler with ice cream. I can't believe I didn't have cotton candy or a funnel cake but I told myself I had to make a choice of either/or and I felt like you don't get blackberry cobbler everyday.

We did a lot of walking and standing (where I'm used to sitting most of the day).

Arabella: While the scales are at at number you don't like, let's remember that we can always change that number to something we do like..it's up to us--if it's to be it's up to me! That just popped into my head.
Happy to hear that you are OP with eating your meals only at the table when you are alone.

Liz: Thanks for sharing the feelings you get when you are thankful you lost the weight. The next time I'm getting a craving and I know it's not because I'm truly hungry, I'm going to remember your post and ask myself, "what are the things I will be able to do when the weight comes off"...I know those "things" will make me feel much more happier than food can.

I just got to do the "self-talk".

So sorry to hear about your friend and her kitty. A walk with her will be very nice for the both of you.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Susie - I can't believe it's been 10 years since 9/11....I will always remember where I was/what I was doing when we heard. So sad. Glad to hear you had a good time at the festival, and yum, blackberry cobbler! Self-talk is so important for me, I do it all the time.

Arabella - Glad they were able to save the data - my biggest fear! I only have a few important documents on my computer (mostly used for surfing, lol) and I email them to myself regularly because I am so scared of losing it. haha

Carri - Sorry to hear about the family stress, hope things ease up soon. We're dealing with a lot of that over here too. How was the season finale of True Blood?? No spoilers though, we're still two epsiodes behind!

auntie g & mel - Hi!!!

Things are good here, had MIL over last night and were talking about our cruise, I am so excited! At work today but taking it easy because I worked most of the weekend anyways. Hope everybody has a great day!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #239  

Happy Monday, all! It's a gorgeous day here, sunny and mild. I was at hot yoga before it was light this a.m. and am just going out for a walk around the harbour. Lots of work to do but I know I'm more productive when I don't try to force myself to sit at the computer too long. Also, I hate doing that -- so why do I? I feel like I'm supposed to be constantly available. The heck with that nonsense!

I'm still OP with eating only at the table when alone and seem to have gotten the message about not needing as much food as I might eat.

Sooo, I had to alter my ticker upwards, from 217 to 220. Actually 219.6 this morning but since I'm rounding... well, I'll get a bonus when I can lower. August was mostly OP but there were a couple of weeks with some off days and they caught up with me. Still, I should be able to fairly easily get to Onederland by Christmas and that's my plan.

Liz, I liked your story about the chair -- how well do we know the feeling of that kind of situation when it's not viable?

Susie, you're right -- it makes so much more sense to allow yourself one treat and enjoy it than to have "one of each" and feel like crap in about four different directions.

Evabuddy else:

Let's make this a good one!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #240  
It is what it is...

Morning everyone...still hanging in there...

Arabella - that is my goal too, Onederland by Christmas...what a great Christmas present to ourselves huh? WE CAN DO IT !!!!

Liz - well I loved the finale, but others have said they hated it so I guess I will just have to wait and you let me know what you think...alot of excitement in it thats for sure....

Susie - those darn festivals get me every time, but sounds like you did pretty well ...we might be going to an Irish festival this weekend and that is gonna be hard, haha ...

Hi to Mel and Auntie G !!!

Not much going on here girls, just muddling through...not doing too bad food wise but could always do better, got a physical with my dr tomorrow that I am not looking forward to ( weighing me anyway ) but what are ya gonna do? Can only try and be better for next time.

See ya girls
Carri
Closed Thread