Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #166  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for all the love and support ladies it means soooo much to me! Just thought I would pop by on my Cellphone before I take DH to another post OP dr appt...Fun fun! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #167  

Height: 5'7"

Hi. I'm happy to report a 2.5 lb loss at TOPS last night.

I'm so ready for the weekend--I hope we get a break in this heat soon. I'm happy for the sun after the rainy cool spring, but yesterday was just miserable and so is today. I about died just going to the car yesterday. I have no idea how people work in it.

Mel: So glad you popped in! and I hope the dr appt goes wel and that you have a good day inspite of it!

Carri: Your hair looks pretty. As for the old man and his comment--very, very rude. I'm glad you gave him a piece of your mind.
Sorry to hear about the AC--it's always something isn't it? Let's just hope it wont be too costly.

Liz: That is very nice of you to help over support in that way to your friend and her DH.

Arabelle: I hope you have a wonderful vacation and that you come back to no emails! lol. I turned on my out of office assistant to when I went on vacation. I wish there were some way the OOO assistant would answer the emails!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:48 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Happy Saturday! Down 2.5 today- ooooh, I hope I don't fall off the wagon now!

We had the biggest storm last night that I've ever seen around here. Trees and power lines down everywhere. It was soooo scary! We lucked out, though, and just had some branches down and some water in the basement, but not too much to deal with. I'm glad to see the sun again this morning, even if it does mean we're still in a heat wave.

Susie, congrats on your -2.5! Woo hoo! Keep it up!

Mel, hope the doc appointment went well!

Carri, glad you got that A/C fixed! Had to be unbearable! And as for the guy in the car, I think they go to weight first because they're not smart enough to think of anything clever. Seems to be fairly common. Glad you let him have it back!

Arabella, ha ha, I forgot all about the challenge, but I'm still "real" chocolate free. That's some kind of miracle. Hope you're on track and had lots of fun at the beach!

Liz, hi! Hope all is well!

Time to get to the grocery store- oh, what fun! Have a good weekend, everyone!

Old 07-31-2011, 12:29 PM   #169  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Day 3, oh yeah.

Happy Sunday, Wimmin! Back from a walk around the harbour and a hot yoga class, bathed and now reeee-laxing. Ah!

I'm feeling so much better -- I'm sure at least partly because I'm off this week. I also got to the beach on Friday, which always improves my outlook on life. Tomorrow's supposed to be the only warm and sunny day all week, so I intend to get DH there again.

Susie, I've heard of people who set up their OOO to say "Thanks for your message. I'm on vacation until ______ and all email sent until then will be deleted. If your message is important, please resend after that date." And they actually set a filter to delete. Gosh, wouldn't I love to!

Congrats on the 2.5 off

Auntie g, here's one for you, too: You're smokin'! That's some pretty good action, sticking to the challenge without even remembering about it.

I usually love a good storm but that one sounds like it was over the top. And surely to gawd it should have left you with cool fresh air? (Not something lacking here, of course but I understand that heat waves make you crave suchlike). Weather report: 66F here.

Carri, wish I could have been there to see the showdown with old man. I love it that you're so feisty! So freeing, isn't it, to just let go and give someone what-for -- only if they deserve it, of course.

Mel, hope you're feeling better. Sending : and a

All right -- let's get out there and make this one work for us.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #170  

Hello. The weekend is going by really quickly. Went to a local Pottery Fesitval yesterday morning, there are a lot of different vendors there, not all selling pottery but items that were handcrafted.

I like to go to things like that and look for unique Christmas presents and I was able to purchase gifts for 5 people yesterday--so excited I was able to get such a early start on my Christmas list! It truly was Chirstmas in July!

Then yesterday evening DH and I walked uptown to the Artisian Street fair they had going on from 6-10. It was a good walk and the had children drawing on the downtown sidewalks and there were different people performing their art; some were painting, some were playing music, some were doing magic tricks, some were showing of photography.

It was a little warm outside but still a nice evening. That was until we got a phone call that brought sad news. A very good friend of my DH's passed away unexpectedly; they believe from a heartattach. He was 59 years old and we thought he was in pretty good shape. My DH and he talk about 3 times a week and my DH had just talked to him Friday night.

Please keep this family and my DH in your thoughts and prayers. He had been friends with this man for 20 yrs.

Auntie: Congrats on the loss! Doesn't it feel great?

Arabella: I hope you get to the beach alot this week! I can't imagine July/Aug at 66 F! We are in the high 90's F!!

Hi Mel, Liz and Carri.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #171  

Day 4 of the challenge, Day 3 of vacation. So far on vacay, we did a dinner & movie evening and went to the beach -- good for us!

WI this a.m. had me down .2 from ticker -- not a significant loss but still lower than I've been in almost 2 years so -- YAY.

Today was fourth consecutive day of hot yoga. Will probably go tomorrow again. We're thinking of going to Halifax later in the week to experience as tourists instead of early-to-bed, early-to-rise peons.

Susie, your Saturday sounded lovely! I really love to get gifts for people when the inspiration hits, too. So much nicer to see something and think how much someone would like it and grab it then than to get whatever's available when it's the appropriate season.

Sorry about DH's friend! You just never know, do you. I had a friend die in his early 40's of an aneurism, a cousin at the same age of a heart attack. And both of them seemingly in great shape. The lesson is always to live life well. Sending energy to the family, you and your DH.

Hope everyone's enjoying themselves!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #172  

I had a good day yesterday, was OP and got a lunch time workout in.

When I'm on the treadmill, I usually bump the speed up and get going, but a trainer suggested to me that I need to bump up the incline and slow down the speed, she said that would give me a "weight-loss" workout, and she showed me the program on the treadmill for that workout, so I did it and man, I was sweating by the time I got done..more so than when I'm walking fast.

She told me to do that 3 times a week and then the other days do the faster/cardio workout.

I'm going to try it. I'm also going to use the Nautilis machines for the 1st time in a long time tonight when I go to the Y to workout with my friend.

Arabella: Yeah for being the lowest you have been in a long time! Vacation agrees with you!

Thank you also for the energy you are sending for the family that I wrote about and for my DH. It was so sad last night, my DH and this man would watch "Professional Wrestling" together on Monday nights, calling each other back and forth to talk about the matches and last night my DH just sat there watching and crying..it just broke my heart.

Hi Cari, Auntie, Liz, Mel and Redheaded Chick. Hope to see your posts soon.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #173  

Arabella, happy vacation! And congrats on being down a bit! Anything in the right direction is better than the other way around!

Susie, so sorry about DH's friend. You just never know... It's been 2-1/2 years since my brother died unexpectedly. It really changed the way I look at things... On a brighter note, the treadmill plan sounds like a good one. Go get 'em!

Anyway, the reason I stopped in today is because I had a small NSV last night (got one of my rings off for the first time in AGES!) and a hilarious incident this morning- thought everyone could use a laugh. So, I'm walking my girl at 5am, and kinda delighted that my shorts are so loose and I have to keep pulling them up, but then, when I thought I had them under control, they dropped all the way to the ground! LOL, if not for the fact that it was so early and still dark out, I would not be laughing quite yet. But since no one saw me, it's all good.

Maybe I'll buy me a belt.

OK, as you were. Hope you're all doing well!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #174  

Thumbs up

Day 6! And day 5 off work. It's sooo nice to be a freeish woman. Didn't do much yesterday -- hot yoga & walking, some house cleaning. DH was out of the house for a few hours, which I really like. Togetherness is great, but not 24/7. I watched an episode of Celebrity Ghost Stories and puttered. We watched a movie in the evening.

Rainy today so a good day for taking it easyish. I'm walking over to my 6th consecutive hot yoga class soon. Thinking I may do a little thrift store shopping later on. Probably a nap...

Auntie g, that's hilarious! Bet you'll be getting a laugh out of that for years to come.Yup, time to buy a belt. I hear they wear pants in Onederland.

Susie, good for you on the OP and workout! It really feels so much better to be OP, doesn't it?

It's funny about the weight... two years ago, almost exactly, I got down to 204. And then I don't know why I let it go but bit by bit, I did. Stopped weighing myself daily. If I had a bad day I'd not weigh the next day and then I'd be waiting "until I took some off" before I weighed in. And then, when I finally decided to bite the bullet, I was 209. Repeat sequence, then I was 212. One more time and I was 217. That was in the fall, when we went to Ireland. And it went on like that until I was up to 232.

I swear I won't do that again.

K, just about time to head out. I just heard that my favorite instructor is moving to LA so I want to get in as many classes with him as possible.

Let's make this a good one, Wimmin!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

OH my gosh!! So sorry I've been MIA. I actually thought I'd posted a couple of days ago, but I don't see it! Anyhow even with that, this needs to be fly by as I'm busy busy at work. Hope things are going well ladies!

Arabella - Glad you're enjoying some time off! I think you're right, it's so important to be vigilant about our weight, it can come back on so easily! I'm still weighing daily...and plan to for some time.

auntie g - Lol, thank goodness it was still dark, I'd have been mortified if anyone saw me!! haha Yes, definitely time for a belt!

Susie - I'm so sorry about DH's friend....it would break my heart too to see my DH cry. So sad to lose someone so unexpectedly and early.

Had my riding class last night, it was fun and then I went for a long walk with my friend, so I'm a little sore today! Hope everybody has a great day.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #176  

Thumbs up

Day 7 OP and a pound gone -- AHA! This thing actually works -- who knew? Must remember

We had my mom in for dinner last night and are looking at having DSIL and her family and some friends tonight. Tomorrow we're going to Halifax for a couple of days. I could get used to vacation, I must say. I'm going to try to take some time here and there next week, quit early to go to the beach and etc. because DH is still off work.

Liz, I don't think I'd have ever gotten into serious trouble with my weight if I didn't stop weighing in regularly. And, seriously, it always makes me think of covering your eyes when you're about to crash a car. Not looking does NOT help. A yoga instructor said that I shouldn't weigh myself because the improvements are in body composition rather than weight. But, you know, the weight has to shift sometime -- I'm not going to continue to exercise like this and weigh close to 220.

That said, it's getting close to time to head out for hot yoga. Have a fabulous day, all!

Last edited by Arabella; 08-04-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Mel - How's DH doing?

Arabella - lol, I like your car crash analogy! I get flack from my friends about weighing daily (I don't advertise it but some friends are trying to lose weight so I've discussed my strategies...). One friend actually was afraid I was way too obsessed. Whatever, if I am I am, I feel fine about it, I don't think it's having any adverse affect on my pscyhe, so there you go!! Have a great time on your travels!

Speaking of vacation, I was told by my work they had miscalculated and I didn't have any vacation time (I am supposed to get 4 weeks)...I was like WHAT?? Anyways they finally figured it out and apparently at the moment I have 20.5 days with another 8 to accrue for the rest of the year! Jeez. So, vacation, here I come!! Too bad DH can't take very much since he just started his job...but I'm planning on taking a few days soon!

Susie - Sorry meant to mention earlier, yes I agree with the incline giving a better workout than speed! Hills are awesome, especially for fat burning and building muscle, I think.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #178  

Hi girls! Hope everyone's having a nice weekend! I was down a half pound at yesterday's WI- not what I was hoping for, but as long as it's in the right direction, right? But alas, last night I had a bunch of junk at a birthday party, so I'll be battling that this week. NOT falling off the wagon, so it's all good...

Gotta be out the door in the next 3 minutes, so have a good one, everyone!
Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #179  

Hi Everyone, the week was very busy with work and then trying to do a little housework each night after work as I knew this weekend would be too busy to get it done. DH's friend funeral was Saturday mid-morning and we also had a wedding on Saturday night.

It did help; today I just need to give the bathroom a quick once over and then run the sweeper and the dust mop in what we call "the high spots".

We do have grocery shopping to do after church this morning but I have the meals planned and the list made and the coupons clipped.

We didn't have TOPS this week due to the church where we meet was having VBS. I think I would have been down. I got in 4 workouts last week and really I was to busy to eat other than at meal times.

Things should slow down a bit this week in all areas and I'm glad; I don't think it's good to run "full out" like that all the time. It's stressful--you just don't have time to acknowledge it but it is and I know that when I'm stressed I tend to have a lot of gains.

I want to get back this week to logging my food and journaling my thoughts, although, I think that is what I do here.

Auntie: Any loss is a step in the right direction so I say lets celebrate that loss!

Liz: So happy to hear that they figured out that vacation issue. Since DH doesn't have the vacation time you have and can't be off with you, I think you should take Tuesday's off since that is the night you have riding lessons and just make Tuesday's all about you.

Arabella: You are doing fantastic on your plan so I say just smile at those other people who are telling you what they think you should and shouldn't be doing and let their words go in one ear and out the other. You don't need their unsupport weighing you down.
Glad you are having a great vacation!

Mel: Post when you can..we all are thinking of you.

Cari: I think you should be returning from vacation soon? We miss you!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

Newbie here...well actually, I'm returning...second attempt at onederland.

I'm on WW this time...counting points plus!!
Closed Thread