Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #151  

Height: 5'7"

I finally downloaded some pictures of my pottery making experience and thought I would share them with you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 268.jpg (32.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 261.jpg (32.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 263.jpg (32.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #152  

Finally some pictures of the spring painting and new bedroom furniture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 197.jpg (30.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 208.jpg (30.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 207.jpg (33.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 206.jpg (34.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 07-24-2011, 06:41 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Nice pix, Susie! If you need some clutter to fill up your nice neat house, swing on by PA- LOL!

Tomorrow's supposed to be a little cooler here. We shall see... Already been heating up the computer too long this morning, loading pictures that I'm way behind on. Stay cool, everyone, and have a great day!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Susie - Nice pics, thanks for sharing!! It's so nice when everything is fresh with new paint and furniture, isn't it? I love the pottery, so beautiful!!

auntie g - It's definitely a bit cooler here, it actually rained!! CRAZY! And it was a bit cooler in the morning yesterday too...we went to the park and I wore a tank top and I was actually a bit chilly!

Hope everybody had a good weekend...I had a pretty good one. I'm going to a "tasTing" tonight at my friend's house - it's basically to try out these shakes she's on to help improve her health and lose weight. She really feels this program is working great for her, so I want to support her and see what it's all about! The only thing I worry about shake programs and the like is transitioning to eating normal food again...anyways I thought I might be interested in doing a cleanse once in a while or something. We'll see. Hope everybody has a great day!

Last edited by sept15lija; 07-25-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: omg i said "tasing" instead of tasting - I'm not going to be tased!! :) :) :)
Old 07-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #155  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ...still just hanging on here, not counting calories but not going crazy either ...just eating a normal portion and such...as much as I am excited about vacation I am also excited about getting back and getting back on track to get another 20-30 off by Christmas...It is still blazing hot here...low and mid 90's ...it did rain here yesterday too which was really nice and cooled things off some...but the rain didnt last long...poor farmers around here, we are so dry and the heat is so bad...

Susie - I loved seeing your pics...love your hair, very cute - going to get my cut and highlighted tomorrow with a new person, wish me luck, that always makes me nervous...I have always been very interested in pottery but cant find a class around here that isnt WAY too expensive...also liked the pics of the house...its great to get things in order and clean huh? We spent like 3 hours on our kitchen yesterday just purging things that we werent using and also deep cleaning...I was so excited when I came downstairs to see it today so clean

Auntie G - great job on the loss....and I am with ya on the heat, makes everything so miserable to me...I need a cool down !!!

Mel - we miss ya, hope you come back on soon and just give us a hello and let us know you are good.

Liz - That is interesting, I dont think I could do the shakes either ...because, like you said, once I went back to normal food it would be all over, haha ...plus I just need actual food, I couldnt be satisfied with the shakes only...but good for you for supporting her...

Hi Arabella !! Hope you had a great weekend.

Well getting back to work ...really hungry today for some reason...bought a turkey sandwhich for lunch and some chips. I am an hour and a half away from my lunch hour though, so better just deal lol

Talk to you all later, have a good day.

Carri
Old 07-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #156  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm alive!!! Kinda...lol

Hey everyone I know I have been MIA for a long time and the scale sure shows it. I am in the 190s still bouncing up and down. Life has been throwing me for a loop and I want the ride to be over! I'll just give a quick review of what has happened since I have been gone. My dad (who is 72) collapsed in a parking lot with my mom there. he said he was sore but ok. I then got a panicked call from my mom saying she thought my dad had a stroke. I got there and he was acting weird so I called 911. They took him to the hospital, after being there hours we found out he had severe hypoglycemia (hes diabetic) and that's what happened. Since the fall and hospital he hasn't been himself and cant walk much and I don't think it will get better.
Dh lost his job June 1st due to a foot injury. Bc of messed up insurance paperwork he didn't get the surgery until July 14 and is still in a lot of pain. I have been a nervous wreck and tying to get us by financially with our savings. I hope he will heal soon and hopefully find a good job. We were denied unemployment bc his employer lied and we didn't have money to get a lawyer.
I have been finding comfort in food when I know I shouldn't. But I haven't jumped out of the 190s so I guess I should be happy. School starts for the boys Aug 10th and Logan will be in kindergarten (tears) and Cody second grade (my big boy). I will be home alone all day so I hope to go to college. I missed the deadline for the next semester so hopefully can go in the winter. I am so sorry that I left you all! I barely get on my laptop anymore since I am so busy with everyone home and was ashamed that I gained some weight. I am going to try to get back on track but things wont get better until Ryan gets better and has a job. Wish me luck and I will try to be more involved. Missed you all!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 240/223/165

Height: 5"4

Default Hiya!

Hey everyone! I am working to see that fabled first digit on my scale. I can't wait to finally be below 200 pounds! I still have a way to go, but I hope that I will be there by my birthday, November 19th! What a great present to myself that will be. I finally fit in my size 18 jeans (ok, barely but I wore them all day anyway). I am really excited to read your posts and to see how many of you have not only met, but even exceeded your goals! It is very motivating!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Hi all! Nothing much to report here, staying OP, but not feeling it because of the heat. I am drinking so much water, I feel bloated all the time. Bleccch.

Redhead, welcome and good luck! You can totally make it by your b-day!

Mel, glad to see you back! I know how crazy it is for you- different details, but so similar to much of my recent drama. Parents with health problems? Check. Husband injured? Check. Husband out of work? Check. Using up the savings to survive? Check. Comfort food? Check! Yep, I suppose that's life. Sigh... Anyway, you'll get through it, and it's great that you managed to stay in the 190s amid the madness! You're gonna be just fine!

Carri, we got torrential rain yesterday, which officially ended the extreme heatwave, but it's still blazing hot out there. Ick! Hope you're behaving yourself as much as you can! And what do you make of BB by this point? I am so sick of Rachel, I could scream! Haven't really grown too fond of any of the newbies, so it's Jeff and Jordan all the way for me!

Liz, chilly in a tank top? Must be nice! LOL! I can't even imagine that right now. How'd the shake thing go? I agree with you- it might be OK for an occasional cleanse, but I wouldn't want to go that way regularly!

Arabella and Susie, hope all is well!

Have a good one, everyone!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:56 AM   #159  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Ok, Day 1 again

All right, let's give this thing another shot: Day 1, here we go. I've been holding my own but not losing, having some treats, allowing myself to sit on the couch and eat. Today it stops!

I've been getting to hot yoga regularly and getting my 10k steps in almost every day, which is probably the only reason I haven't regained. Time to start heading down the scale, though. I figure if I'm not fully on plan and not gaining that being on plan should see me losing, right?

I've been doldrumsy too. So often seems to happen in the summer when I'm working too much and feel like life is passing me by. Yes, that seems to make sense, doesn't it. So I'll also swear to remedy that. DH is on holidays the next two weeks and I'm taking the first one off. Now I want to check off some items on my to-do list before Friday so I can enjoy it.

Susie, loved the pics. Pottery, painting both great -- and you're quite the cutie!

Carri, some days are just extra hungry ones, aren't they. I often find, though, that if I'm extra hungry one day I'm less hungry the next. Although carbs are often a contributing factor -- too many carbs and I'm just hungry all the time.

Auntie g, congrats on the loss -- you're doing GREAT!

Redheadchick

Liz, I feel the same way about the shakes. We need to learn to eat properly to beat this thing.

Mel Congrats on holding your own, though.

I better run if I want to get to hot yoga.

Let's make this a good one!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #160  

Hi All,

It has been very busy with me since returning to work after a week of vacation. I hope that I will be caught up by the end of day today. I started catching up on Sunday night by just checking me email from last week, when I opened it up I had 326 new emails! I had a feeling it would be like that. I worked for 5 hours on Sunday getting through them and identifying a plan to get through all the "things' that came up and needed to be done this week.

I made it to a lunch time workout on Monday but that is the only time so far this week. I have a lunch time meeting today and will not be able to workout but I plan to on Thursday and Friday. My food is good--really not much time to eat or snack so the scales showed this morning a 2 lb loss from my last weigh-in at TOPS, which was 2 weeks ago. I'll find out for sure tomorrow night.

I'm glad you all liked the pictures; it was fun to read your comments on them.

Mel: It's very good to hear from you although I'm sorry to hear about the tough time you are going through. I want to say, and I think I speak for the others here, you don't have to be ashamed to post if you have gained. I feel this board is here to celebrate the good times and support through the rought times.
I think you can use hugs and prayers and I will be praying for you and your family.

Auntie: Water is good for you and when your body has enough it will get rid of the extra bloat..as long as you are watching your sodium...I know that I retain water in the heat as well. You are doing a great job keeping OP..keep it up.

Carri: Thank you for the compliment on my hair--I have a wonderful stylist. I've gone to her for over 20 years, she has always made my hair look great. I hope yours turns out just the way you want it..let us know.

Arabella: Ok, so you got back on track and now on Day 2..how is it going?
Also, thanks for the compliment--saying I was a cutie...I will be smiling all day!

Redhead chick: We will be here to help you reach that goal...you can do it!

Liz: I am wondering what you thought about the shakes? I've thought about trying them to give me a boost to get on track, but I to wonder what happens when you go back to "normal" food.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #161  
It is what it is...

Good Morning Girls, still just holding my own here and trying to maintain...I love how my hair turned out last night, got it cut alot shorter and more blonde hightlights, will maybe post a pic later

Mel - SO glad to hear from you ...I know how stressful that is but I am highly impressed with you still being in the 190's ...you must not be doing too bad...hope things get better for you guys asap ...please keep checking in, we miss ya

Auntie G - where to begin on BB ...haha ...Rachel is SO annoying ...I wish someone would boot her out ...I am not sure who I am rooting for right now...I do like JEff and Jordan but also really like Danny, so lets just say Danny for right now...she is keeping a really low profile lately

Arabella - day one...I am also in your same boat...but feel I cant get real seriouis until after vacay ...good luck to us both

Susie - 20 yrs you have had the same stylist? I cant even get one for two years...they move around so much around here...everytime I get one I like they move out of state it seems

Redhead - welcome and good luck !!!

Liz - Hi ya girlie !!

Hope you all have a great day ....so last night I got my hair done and tomorrow night I am getting a mani pedi at a spa ...boy am I getting pampered this week, haha ...see ya

Carri
Old 07-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #162  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ...okay so I added the new pic of my new cut and lighter color, kind of hard to see it in all its glory in that picture...and p.s. I dont know why that pic seems so large...geez ...but anyhoo, lol, there it is ...

I started my TOM this morning, real early, so you can imagine what kind of day I am going to have...I am tired, cranky, hot and crampy ...gonna make for a great evening for dh ...haha

Another hot one here today, gonna be 97 ...ughhhhhhh ...I have said this before but I need to follow the winter around from place to place...Carri no like heat.

Okay, just a quick pop in before I get back to work...have a great day everyone !!!!

Carri
Old 07-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Carri - Love the new pic!! Your hair looks great! I need to do something, I wear my hair in a ponytail everyday practically! It's hard though because my MIL is a hairdresser, and she gets offended if I use someone else, and I don't really like how she does it, so it's touchy! Stupid, huh?? lol Anyways try to take it easy on DH!!

Mel - I'm so sorry for everything that's been going on, and I think staying in the 190's is really good considering! I know how it is with parents with health problems...stressful, and then adding in all your own stress too with Dh and finances, and your baby starting school! My goodness. to you and I'll be praying for you and hoping DH gets a new job soon!

Susie - 326 emails???? OH my!! That's why it's so hard to go away, you still have to do all that work when you get back anyways! So unfair, lol. Good luck at TOPS!

Arabella - Have a great week off next week! I hear you, summer is just so busy and it goes way too fast...need to just try to enjoy each day as it comes!

auntie g -

redheadchick - Welcome!! So glad to have you, and you can definitely make it in to onederland by your b-day! Keep posting!

Well I went to the tasting, we actually didn't get to try the shakes, they only had pieces of the meal replacement bars to try. The information given was interesting - it was for ********, I don't know if you guys have heard of it before? Anyways I'm considering doing a cleanse, but I'm not sure. I feel like it might be gimmicky. My friend is really excited about it though - she's going to a lecture tonight in Toronto with her DH about it and I'm watching her kids...anyways I really hope it works for my friend and her DH (he has a lot of weight to lose, it really is very important for his health at this point...) so whatever I can do to support them, I will (in terms of watching their kids, anwyays!).

Hope everybody has a great day, it's a rainy one here!

ETA: OOOPS I guess I can't post the name of the shake program? Maybe that means they don't like it aorund here? Another reason maybe to stay away....

Last edited by sept15lija; 07-28-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #164  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Day 1, one more time

Totally blew it day before yesterday. Then yesterday was pretty good but I didn't get all my steps. Today, though, for sure!

I'm actually going to start my vacation this afternoon. Going to the beach with DS & DGS. My first time this year!

Carri, your hair looks great and YAY! for mani-pedi. What color did you go for your fingers & toes? (Curious, aren't I.) I could really use a cut and mani-pedi too. Are you on vacation next week, too?

Liz, could you ask your MIL to do something different? What a tricky situation to be in! Do I recall correctly that your MIL is not the easiest person in the world?

Susie, it's just plain wrong the way we have to work harder before and after a vacation. And multiply that a zillion times for working while we're on vacation. Dang email. (I must remember to set my out-of-office message before I sign out.)

Have a fabulous day, everyone!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #165  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, had a bad night last night ...not only did our a/c break but I got into it with some old man on the road and he called me a fat b*tch ...so not having a great day...the cooling guys are supposed to come over this afternoon and see about fixing our a/c ...just what I need before vacation, a big repair bill ....sorry to be a downer, wanted to pop in and just vent...hope the rest of you are having a better day.

Not that I am so offended by the old man since I am fat and all but why would that be the first thing he would go to?
Anyway he got his, I gave him such an earful that his wife's mouth was hanging down to the ground in shock, haha ...I have quite the potty mouth and temper so I do alright....lol ....

anyways have a good day all

Carri
Closed Thread