Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #166  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Annie - sorry about your leg. Take an antihistamine for the swelling. Hope you aren't allergic to bees.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #167  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon -

I'm so ready to go home...Unfortunately I have an hour and a half left before I can leave.

Annie - That so sucks about the bee sting. OUCH! In addition to the antihistamine recommendation...if you put Absorbine Jr on it, it will take the "sting" out of the sting.

Mel - I'm also prefer tight jeans to suits. I know you need the $$ but don't work yourself too hard. Make sure you relax in the evenings, ok? I hope the BBQ goes well with minimal stress and complaining. I hope you're able to get the tax levy lifted.

Ceejay - Wild Turkeys are the oddest looking creatures. We have a lot of them near where we live, along with deer, possums, raccoons, woodchucks, etc. Enjoy car shopping.

Laura - Glad you enjoyed the movie. I was going to watch "Something About Mary" the other day on TV, but I've developed such a disgusted opinion of Brett Favre and his diva-esque behavior...that his small cameo at the end has turned me off to the whole movie. Did you walk at lunch time?

Later chicks,
Old 09-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Ouch on the bee sting. Haven't had one since I was a child.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:34 AM   #169  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Been MIA again I see.

Haven't forgotten about you but life has gotten a bit busy since I left work. Yesterday I went to see a man about a job and had lunch with a friend. Then today me an my mate Mick went to try an sell a proposal to a company to help them with their SAP training and usage. Never done that before but life has many twists and bends and sometimes you do things you haven't tried to do before. It feels good.

I've also been out looking for furniture for the lounge room. I want a sort of bookcase, display screen thingy which I will put on wheels so it can be shifted easily as required to clean behind or whatever. Think I have found what I want.

Don't think I can do personals right now. Have a few things to do and since it is meant to start raining tomorrow and rain most of the weekend, I'd better get on with them. Catch up again later.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #170  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SURPRISINGLY I HAVE THE DAY OFF FROM THE BBQ AND YOU WON'T EVER GUESS THE REASON WHY.
THE LANDSCAPERS DUMPED A HUGE PILE OF ORGANIC FERTILIZER OUTSIDE MY WINDOW AND BEGAN SPREADING IT IN A RING AROUND THE BLDG "GARDENS" AND ALSO OUR PROPERTY PERIMETER UNDER ALL THE NEW BUSHES.
THE STINK WAS UNREAL. PERMEATED THE BLDG IMMEDIATELY THRU OPEN WINDOWS AND DOORS.
I FLEW UPSTAIRS TO CLOSE MY WINDOWS ONLY TO FIND THAT THE SMELL COMES THRU THE A/C AS WELL I HAD A SORE THROAT LAST NIGHT, FELT REALLY CRAPPY IN THE BRONC. AREA AND I AM STILL CLOGGED UP THIS MORNING AS I HAD TO SLEEP WITH A/C OFF. THE SMELL IS STILL OUTSIDE EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE FORCED TO DIG IT ALL UP AND CARRY IT AWAY AGAIN NOW 2 MEN ARE FIGHTING AS TO WHEN/IF IT WILL BE RETURNED! POLITICS DOESN'T GET ANY SILLIER.

I COULD USE A DAY OFF ANYWAY. YESTERDAY I BEGAN BEFORE 8AM, HAD A FEW SHORT PP BREAKS AND THE DAY ENDED AFTER 5PM.
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY

LAURA...I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT JASON LONG. I'VE SEEN HIM WITH DREW BUT THEY INSIST THE RELATIONSHIP IS OVER AND ARE JUST GOOD FRIENDS GOING OUT ETC. I ALWAYS GET THE FEELING HE'S A BIT SLEEZY HOW'S YOUR FOOT DOING???

ANNIE....SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BEE STING!! OUCH!!! DID YOU STILL HAVE THE STINGER IN?? SOMETIMES THEY'RE HARD TO SEE OR FEEL. SENDING A HUG

CEEJAY...I HAVE NEVER SEEN A LIVE TURKEY I DON'T THINK. ONLY THE KIND WITH THE TIMER STUCK IN THEM!!! MR. BUTTERBALL!!!

MICHELLE...I HAVEN'T HEARD OF ABSOBINE FOR SUCH A LONG TIME!! I LAUGHED WHEN I READ YOUR POST TO ANNIE. HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT THAT AND IT REMINDED ME OF "CARTER'S LITTLE LIVER PILLS". A GHOST OF THE PAST.

HAPPY...LOOKING FORWARD TO THE VACATION?? HOW ARE THE LISTS GOING?? WISH YOU COULD PACK ME IN ONE OF THE SUITCASES BUT I NEED TO LOSE A TAD BIT OF WEIGHT FIRST!!!

SHAD...AT LEAST YOU ARE GETTING THINGS DONE FOR YOURSELF AND THE LOUNGE...I'LL BRING MY CHAIR THAT DOES TRICKS AND RECLINES. JUST LEAVE ME AN EMPTY CORNER OF THE ROOM!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE PROPOSAL. BRANCHING OUT IS FUN! GOOD FOR YOU!

****FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T GET TO THE PREVIOUS PAGE...HOPE I DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING GOOD !!

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-16-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #171  
Choose your hard

good morning girls,

There are mosquitos flying around my desk this morning. One started immediately chewing on me and I got him good. But apparently he brought his whole family for a visit. You know how it is when you see something and then you think you keep feeling stuff touch you? Hard to type while you're swatting.

Yep, getting ready for vacation. Will be leaving soon and back before you know it. Have to go to Kohl's tonight (yay Michelle) and then I want to start pulling some things together instead of leaving things for the last minute.

DH made some delicious grilled halibut last night. I wasn't sure about it because it was a thick piece but he just grilled it in foil with some salt, pepper, lemon juice and sliced onion and parsley and it was fabulouso.

Mel- that fertilizer is the pits. Really stinks for miles. They should have warned you but I know what it's like with the ventilation system. We've had the same problem with smokers standing outside next to the intake valve - all of a sudden it's throughout the whole building. I hope it cleared before it got to you too badly. If Absorbine JR would take out the sting would Absorbine SR make it like it never happened? Sorry - could not resist.

Shad - I do hope that things work out with your proposal. Have to get more creative to get work nowadays. DH got shot down for yet another attempt. Now it's getting downright depressing. Will cross my fingers for you that something else comes up quickly. Did you get your to-do list done before the rain hit?

Laura - thanks for the run down on the movie. I think I will wait until it comes to video. I would think with the nicer weather approaching it's a good time to get out for a lunchtime walk or even a nice evening walk with Coal. We worked on Michigan Ave and would walk down to the lakefront sometimes. I worked in the white building made famous from Ferris Bueller's Day off. Except that NONE of the interior shots in the movie were made in that building.

Ceejay - I'm glad we are away from the defoliation stuff. I hear that's a pretty powerful irritant. Do you have any specific car in mind to replace the Rav4? We just dumped $700 into my 4Runner yesterday. But it was maintenance items and a new battery and such so we are good for our trip. Just like a person, the older it gets, the more it costs to take it to the "doctor" for a check up

Michelle - I was kidding on FB - it sounded as if you said Zombies liked the Packers so if I gave any hint of my opinions they'd come after me So I'm shutting up! It's a friendly rivalry folks. I hope you are doing better in the pain department. Sounds like Doppler is making a wonderful recovery. So good to hear.

Annie - did you get stung by one of those pesky little bees that get frantic this time of year? They know they don't have long to live (first frost kills them off) so they get nut-so, especially around food. Hope your leg calmed down.

Ok, my quarter's up and the curtain is about to shut so I'd better get rolling. Have a good one peeps.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #172  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Holla (Holler) ladies!

I really need my life to slow down for more than just a weekend. Buzzed past the house after work to let Hella out, jumped back in the car and headed down to Samantha shop for a color/cut. My BF Tami stopped in to get a trim while I was processing, so that was a good visit. I knew she was coming so I took her some tomatos, banana peppers and green peppers out of my garden. You would of thought it was gold as she was so happy to get them. I just hope all my green tomatos get a chance to turn before cold weather sets in. Otherwise I will have green tomatos all over my house. lol

Thanks for the bee sting remedies. Actually once I got home last night at 9 pm, I put calomine lotion on it and it felt immediately better. It is still a bit sore today but not near as bad.

I am getting behind on my house work and plan to start in tonight once I get home as working all weekend at CVS I won't have time. Either my life is go go go or nothing to do at all. Go go go wears me out and nothing to do makes me sad and depressed...is there ever a happy middle?

Tomorrow evening I think I am going to take my dad to dinner as I have not seen him in about 6 days due to all the crap going on in life. I know he feels neglected by me cause my brother asked me when was the last time I went to dads. This means dad has said something to him about me not visiting. Yikes...

Will be back in a few to do personals...gotta due some work here...geez.

Love and hugs.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #173  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Thursday -

As much as I'm not looking forward to the pain from the spinal injection I'll be getting tomorrow...I must admit, I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend. The worry about Doppler has eased up some, but the stress at work hit a new high yesterday. Not going to complain...at least I have a job that I enjoy. DH has to work on his truck most of the weekend...so I'll be on Doppler patrol. Hopefully Doppler will be content relaxing with me, though it seems that now that he can see and the pain from the surgery has lessened...he wants to walk around and explore a lot. I hope he'll be willing to compromise.

My back is doing better today than it was last night. Even though I used the riding mower to cut the grass...the ground was very dry making for a bumpy ride (not in the good Mae West type way). And all the bouncing got to my back by the time I was done.

I'm planning on walking to PT, but I might take the shuttle back because the therapist is going to increase the intensity of the traction just a little bit. I told him that Tuesday's traction seemed pretty "light".

Shad - How did your proposal go? I've had to do that a few times...but sometimes it's nice to get occasionally outside our comfort zone. I'm trying to picture in my mind the bookcase/display screen thing. If you have a photo, please post it.

Mel - So sh*t (err...fertilizer) happened and then it got taken away again?! I can only imagine the odor and the discomfort with having to sleep with closed windows and no A/C. Ugh. Enjoy your relaxing day! Hopefully any drama at the BBQ won't find its way to you. Put the Do Not Disturb sign on your door. We use absorbine all the time....to take the itch out of skeeter bites, to ease the ache of sore muscles. It's stinky, but it works. I've never had Carter's Little Liver Pills, but I have heard of them.

Happy - I'll bet you can't wait for your vacation, despite the LONG drive. With everything going on with Doppler and my back, I lost track of the weeks, and it wasn't until this morning that I realized that a week from today on 9/23, we'll be driving to Iowa for a long weekend of looking for geodes. There are some private lands that open up to the public one weekend a year and the geodes are supposed to be fabulous. We're driving down on Thurday, but taking a detour to St. Louis first to go up in the St. Louis Arch. Then we'll head north to Iowa (sort of on the Iowa/Illinois/Missouri border). We'll look for geodes Friday and Saturday and drive back Sunday. I'll behave myself and not do any lifting and keep bending to a minimum. DMIL will be doggie-sitting and taking care of all Doppler's meds (which hopefully the vet will cut back when we see him again on Tuesday). Even though I don't particularly like fish, the grilled halibut sounds delish! Sorry to hear that DH got turned down again. I know you were kidding about the Zombies.

Annie - Yes, you do need your life to slow down a bit. I sometimes enjoy nothing to do. Hope you can find a happy balance. Keeping my fingers crossed that your tomatoes ripen before the cold weather sets in. I've lost one plant already to the cold nights and need to harvest the remaining tomatoes off another plant before it dies too. I'm glad the calamine lotion helped the sting.

Later gators!

Love and hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 09-16-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #174  

Good morning everyone. Quick check in because I have a meeting in 10 min.

Didn't walk doggy last night, but I did one BE workout. One of the routines was a calf workout, and my foot was a bit sore later one. I think the pain shot is starting to wear off...

Today I'm doing a FC workout. I might use a stationary bike today. At the gym I used to do 10 min. each on 3 different cardio machines, just to prevent boredom. Maybe I'll do that today.

Wearing my pedometer today. Steps are at 2284 so far. Hope the rain clears out by tonight so I can get out for a walk w/ doggy.

Okay, gotta run.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #175  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...goodluck with the back shot tomorrow, I hope it doesn't cause you too much pain over the weekend. How's Dop today??

Laura...get to walking you have a lot of miles to go to hit 10,000 steps...

Happy...things flying around your desk...might it be the wicked witch of the west. I'll get you my pretty and your dog Toto too!! Dang peskie mosquitos, what the heck did you move your desk outside??

MELLIE...eww, manure and mulch stink awful....that is why I put rocks around everything. Don't have to replace them every year and there is no other upkeep. Hope your smeller gets better.

Shaddie...you just might be onto the next stage of your career...presenting proposals. I mean someone has to put the proposals together...why not you???

Ceejay...I have not had a bee sting since I was about 7 years old and let me tell you it doesn't feel good at 50 either. Just so annoying and painful. I know, boo who, who, get over it, right? lol

Went to Pet Supply Plus at lunch to get Hella's dog food. They had bulk peanutbutter cookies (biscuits) on sale, buy 2 lb get 1 free. SoI got 3 lbs of her fav PB cookies for under 5 bucks. She will love me, and maybe not bite me..lol.

Gotta get busy...have a marvelous evening.....

Much love and many hugs,,,
Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #176  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Got a lot to do today so will make this fast.

Annie - hope the beesting has given up and gone away today. I use white vinegar for stings such as those. We also have bottles of the stuff at all the beaches where jelly fish congregrate - and that is most of them around here. Apparently it is good for those types of stings as well. I've never had one since I am not stupid enough to go into the water when they are bobbing around - I mean what the f*** are these parents thinking of when they let the kids go into the water when there are notices posting the presence of the little monsters.

Happy - how nice to be thinking of taking a drive and staying in a cabin by the lake. Sounds like bliss. Wake up to the birds and sun and relax amid the deer and raccoons. Ooooh wish it was me.

Mel - Fertiliser???? Did they really pick it up and take it away? Must have been pig manure. That's the only one I know of that smells that bad and it lingers.

Annie - I don't know about the proposals becoming my next career move. It isn't the easiest thing to try to sell youself and your talents or lack there of. Of course I don't mean literally selling my body - - who would want it at the moment anyway. Go and see the old dad, naughty girl.

Michelle - jobs today are a real enigma. It seems that you might like your job but still you have to do anything you can to hang on to it. Security appears to be a lost word. Although I can't talk, I've been gambling with my future for years and luckily apart from a couple of short stints, it has paid off nicely. Still I don't take it for granted.

Laura - nice going on the work outs. You will be seeing the benefits soon I am sure.

Ceejay - Hope your week is panning out okay. I hope the sinus are better again.

Gotta go. New Furniture to buy and try to arrange a delivery that a: won't break the bank and b: well, let's just hope it gets here.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:21 AM   #177  
Choose your hard

Good morning - got a busy one here - must get out of the house early so I can't post right now. Just wanted to say hi. Coffee pot just finished so stop by for a hot cup if you like.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:16 AM   #178  
Annie - Indiana

Hey...I am a mental mess right now...will not post till I am a little less screwed up in the head. I am sorry.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Hope things are okay with your dad.

Happy
Understand about not having the time.

This sight wouldn't let me post last night.
It's really cool this morning and looking like it may rain. I really wanted to mow the front and side yard today.
My trip to Jonesboro was good. Attended the district water meeting so my boss will be happy. Also stopped by and got the oil changed and serviced. As Happy stated older vehicles require more tender loving care. I did drive around the new cars just to see if I was ready or not. Decided after a conversation with another person that I'm going to hold off trading my car until I get at least 100,000 miles on it. She's going for 200,000 miles. We both have 2002. Next went to JCPenny and bought a couple of things to get me through the fall months.

On with my day and my stomach is growling. Need to feed it.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #180  
Creating a Healthier Me

Sorry....I gotta keep this short. My spinal shots got moved up to Noon. So I only have a couple more hours to finish my work for the week.

Doppler is doing well. He really wants to be able to run and play. But not for 3 more weeks.

I'll try and log on this weekend, depending on how my back feels.

Annie - I hope you things get better, girlfriend.

Happy - Are you leaving tomorrow for vacation?

Hi to everyone I missed.

Love and hugs,
Closed Thread