Old 08-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #1  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking All good things come to the Worldy Chicks in August

LET'S WELCOME AUGUST & REJOICE IN A BRAND NEW MONTH!
AND BY GOD THERE WILL BE WATERMELON FOR EVERYONE!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-01-2010 at 10:37 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #2  
Happy September

"How sociable the garden was.
We ate and talked in given light.
The children put their toys to grass
All the warm wakeful August night."
- Thomas Gunn, Last Days at Teddington
Old 08-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #3  
Happy September

7/31 CEEJAY'S LAST POST:

"Took my first melatonin last night and believe me it didn't take long for it to kick in. I'm going to have to plan for a full 8 hours of sleep.
my aunt called me last night to tell me some stuff. They have been doing some lawn work and her son found a really old medicine bottle that had the doctor's name that delivered me and my sister's. i told her that since it was hot and my ent doesn't want me in the heat very long that I'm passing on coming this week end. She understood.

Time to get started for the day.

Mel
hadn't thought about watching Christmas dvd's in July. And it's good to hear that Jen is feeling and looking better. Sorry you had to deal with the drama.

Shad
I'm not into sports. Enjoy the game tonight. i do however like to watch Tiger Wood play golf.

Every one enjoy the week end.

weigh in 5/13/10 200 pounds
weigh in 7/26/10 196.2 pounds"

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-01-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

mel
Thanks for sitting up the new thread.

I've been hearing strange noises come from outside but didn't pin point it until last night. It's the a.c. so I turned it off. yes it got a little warm but nothing I couldn't handle. It's around 83 degrees right now on the inside. This morning i've opened a window to let in a little bit of a breeze. Went to church this morning here. low and behold a friend from paragould was guest speaker. i always have like him as a speaker. Turned the a.c. on again just a few minutes ago and it is making the same nosies. I'm no mechanic but it sounds like the bearing has gone out again. I will call the land lord this afternoon but I know he will say call back in the morning. I'm going to tell him it's making a horrible noise. If he does I'm going to the Holiday Inn down the road. If i didn't have to work in the morning I'd go to Paragould.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #5  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Thanks!
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #6  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

And August it is. Thanks for setting up the new thread Mel. I was thinking about it yesterday and my brain could not come up with anything clever for August.

I like watermelon so this is good. In fact, I just tried a yellow watermelon the other day. Looks just like pineapple (I fooled DH) but tastes oh so yummy.

We are still in the thick of the heat here. Last night about 10:30pm I stuck my toe in the pool and it was like bath water so I flipped on the underwater light and went for a swim. It was heaven. The pool is a brilliant blue and the light reflected on the trees in a shimmering blue light. No bugs. Well maybe one or two and a few cicadas but none of the pesky skeeters. I loved it.

I am seriously back on Weight Watchers again and adding exercise in. I opted out of the gym - we really need to cut back on expenses and I have a gym right here at home. DH said I could walk on the treadmill upstairs as long as I didn't trot and bounce alot.

So I'm looking forward to a new month to begin all over again.

Ceejay - I hope they fix that air conditioning of yours soon.

Loved your post and pictures Mel. Come on down - I think you'd enjoy the pool too.

Hello to the rest of the chicks - I'm off to pick up some groceries.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #7  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

I worked the entire weekend. Ugh. And I'm still not done with one of the reports. I'll be getting up at 3:30 am tomorrow to go in early.

I'll try and catch up with y'all tomorrow...but in the meantime, I wanted to post links to some videos of the Thriller dance that I participated in on Saturday (yes, I did take a break to do that...and I'm so glad I did. It was a blast!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-kBaeoFewk

http://www.wisn.com/video/24466226/index.html

http://news.yahoo.com/video/odd-15749658/21180491

The last one was picked up by the Associated Press...wouldn't you know it...they pick the video that has my fat, sweaty self front and center in several shots! Sheesh. I am NOT pleased with how I look in the video...but it was soooooo much fun. One of the funnest things I've ever done.

I'll catch y'all tomorrow.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Quick fly by today. I am flying home to Brisbane tonight. Should get in by midnight. Makes for a long day!

I've done a training class. I'm about to go out and see if I can do some shopping. Not that I can buy much. I have to take it home. I can only carry what I can carry. Anyway, I'm off to the Esprit shop and maybe Myers Department Store or David Jones. I'm on a roll here. Got shoes the other day. Might be nice to have some new tops and pants.

Gotta go. I'll see you.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:20 AM   #9  
Happy September

HAPPY MONDAY AND GOOD MORNING.
THE WEEKEND WAS EXTREMELY QUIET

FEELING GOOD MYSELF AND GETTING READY TO GO OUT FOR A BIT. WEATHER IS COOLER AND WE'LL HAVE SHOWERS ON AND OFF ALL WEEK...I BETTER TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT! THE BOSS LADY IS ON VACAY BUT IT SHOULD BE AN EASY WEEK. NOTHING IS PRESSING AT THE MOMENT.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY...HOW DID THE CALL TO THE LANDLORD GO? HOPE THE A/C IS WORKINGNOW AND SILENT!!! DID YOU END UP IN THE HOLIDAY INN?? GOOD LUCK AT WORK THIS WEEK

HAPPY....AN OUTDOOR BATH SOUNDS NICE TOO!! WILL DH LET US PUT BUBBLE BATH IN THERE??? I WILL BE ROOTING FOR YOU WITH THE WW & TREADMILL COMBO! GO HAPPY GO!!! AUGUST CAN BE A HOT MONTH...THAT'S FOR SURE. KEEP COOL!

MICHELLE....SHOOT....I LOOKED AT THE NEWS ACROSS THE STATES BOTH SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY BUT I DIDN'T SEE IT. I REALLY WAS HOPING I WOULD. I'M SO GLAD YOU HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME.

SHAD....TWO PAIR OF COMFY SHOES AND NOW NEW TOPS AND PANTS?? YOU REALLY ARE ON A ROLL! HOPE THE FLIGHT WAS UNEVENTFUL. WELCOME HOME!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-12-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:15 AM   #10  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Monday rolls around quickly again. We are in for what looks like our hottest week so far - and it's been very hot. The temps will be kissing at or above 100 degrees with heat indexes of 112 - 115F. I will think I'm living with Shad and will start looking for 'roos in the back yard! I'm just glad I'm in the air conditioning.

Thanks for the cheers Mel. You are so right about death making people crazy - at least temporarily. Let your friend chill a bit and hopefully she will come back with a sheepish apology and you can go on. Enjoy the rain and some cooler temps. We're in the last weeks of summer here. If I was there I'd go puddle jumping with you in the warm rain! Oh and no bubbles in the big pool although I'd be glad to get you a blow up one just for that

Shad - safe travels. Will good to be home. So you're in your annual shopping mood? what color scheme are we working this year? (Shad is an expert traveller - I have learned the anything goes with anything method of packing - it's a good one!) Is this the end for this client or are you just on break?

Michelle - you looked just fine - having a great time and that's what matters. Kinda hard to look like a beauty queen all fluffed up in the summer heat with 1,799 other people packed in a park. I'm so glad you did it. Hope your week is not too hectic otherwise!

Ceejay - hope you got a good night's rest. Smart to go to a hotel. Back at work today?

Poor Annie - did you get an hour's rest to yourself or was it a crazy, non-stop weekend?

What's going on with you Laura?

I promised myself I'd get out of the house a little earlier so I'd better get off here. Will check back in at lunch time.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Monday, Monday, doo doo doo dah doo doo...

My head is splitting, yeah man, can't get any rest, yeah man, no one better cross my path today, yeah man.....

Spending the night with dad sucks majorily. He gets up to P about 10 times a night then he had a "downer" at about 3 am. Was up with him for that for about 30 minutes. I put him back to bed and DARED him to even THINK about getting up again. My alarm went off at 5, and I hear coming from his room, "can I get up now". I just about died laughing.

MELLIE...thank you, my dear sista for the new thread. Glad you took the time for yourself this weekend after last week's ****. You know my brother told me once....just because you have known someone for a long time or all your life, does not make them a friend that you might think. Lovin' the watermelon, one of my favoritiest fruits.

CHELLE...You made Indy news for a brief moment..didn't see you, but just watched all the videos you included and you were on the last one quite a bit. It looked like you were having a blast. Don't work too hard this week, we miss you.

Shad....Get anything good shopping? I can forward my sizes so you can pick me up some things. SMILES. Was it good to get home? Good luck with training this week.

Happy....It is supposed to be unbareably hot here too, until about Friday when it is supposed to drop back down into the 80s. Wish I could come float in your pool some night. I used to love that when I was married and had a pool in the back yard.

Ceejay...is this about the 2nd or 3rd time they have fixed your AC? Bout time they get it right.

Laura...hope all is great in your world...don't miss the train!

Guess I'd better get my tired arse busy here at work....here's hoping the migraine stops realllllll soon before someone dies....lol

Love and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #12  

Happy Monday everyone! Shad, at least it's over with for you!

Mel – Thanks for setting up the new thread. I did happen to have some watermelon yesterday, the first day of August. YUM. Glad all was quiet. Good to hear that Jen is looking and feeling good.

Michelle – Congrats on being part of the US record breaking Thriller Dance! You looked like you were having fun! Sorry you had to work all weekend. I hope it eases up for you. Our department has a lot of work that falls into the summer months – Not fair!

Shad – Sounds like you had a nice weekend and enjoyed some shopping. Hope your trip home was uneventful.

Happy – Your dip in the pool sounds nice. Now, now, there’s still nearly 8 WEEKS until autumn begins on Sept. 23, so don’t go rushing things!!! Our village just had its Midsummer Downtown Block Party last weekend, so that must mean we’re barely halfway through, LOL.

Annie – Doesn’t sound like a restful night spent w/ pops. LOL re “can I get up now?” Stay cool – we’re also getting some of that hot weather this week. Well, at least our AC got a bit of a break.

Ceejay – Hope the first day back at work goes smooth and easy for you. Mondays are difficult for everyone! I hope your landlord gets that AC unit working the way it should – powerful and quiet! My mother’s AC kicked the bucket last Sunday (16 year old builder installed unit) and she’s been spending a lot of time in her house’s lower level where it’s cooler. She’s happier at home, but if it gets too hot, she can also stay at my brother’s or a friend’s house. I also told her she should get out of the house and hang out at the library for a couple hours. She got some quotes last week and is hopefully getting a new AC and furnace installed TODAY. She’s just thankful she can afford to replace it.

I was quite the sloth this weekend. Friday I did one BE workout and Saturday was my water aerobics class, otherwise my only other exercise was several dog walks. Didn’t do any yardwork AT ALL! Thanks to bf cancelling the lawn treatments this season, weeds are taking over the back yard. He never did the DIY treatments – grrrrr! And yet he was surprised a couple weeks ago when I said that I saw our next dwelling being a low maintenance townhome.

This week at the water aerobics class, the instructor put in some dance moves in honor of July 31 being the National Day of Dance. Never heard of it and having just Googled it, it appears to have been declared such by the folks who bring us the TV show So You Think You Can Dance. Whatever… but class was good.

Sunday we finally went to bf’s aunt’s house to visit. She was doing fine with recovery from hip replacement surgery...then had a fall two weeks ago, on the new hip side. Her femur may have a hairline fracture. She gets a bone scan today. Her new place is nice and she seems happy with it. Maybe she’ll finally stay put for a while. All I know is that when I hit my late 70’s, I’m not moving!!

In spite of being lazy all weekend, I’m dragging butt today. My work isn't doing itself, so I better get it in gear. I have a premonition of a sick day sometime in the near future.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #13  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Another crazy busy day. Working all day, and then tonight as well. At least DMIL is cooking dinner for us (hopefully). I could just collapse.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #14  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Bless your heart Chelle...here is some strength, willpower, and hugs...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #15  
Choose your hard

Poor Michelle - geez already. You can only keep up that pace for so long and then the brain just gives out. Wish I could help you out