Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #241  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

New day, new attitude?? I hope so....

Did some baking over the weekend. Cabbage rolls, pumpkin squares with cream cheese icing..grilled steak, taters and veggies out over charcoal, yum, talked with Shad on-line FB, she was going to come over and join me, I left the light on and the door unlocked for her...wink.

Visited with dad yesterday, he seemed in pretty good spirits. Took him some cabbage rolls, pumpkin squares and PB cookies I made the other night with extra crunchy PB. He was in heaven. Making him call his doc today as both his feet/ankles are the size of softballs. Always something.

Laura...sounds like the book club is more of a pitch in picnic. Maybe suggest bringing healthy food next time to all. or maybe even a themed pitchin..mexican, salads or something of that sort.

MELLIE...glad you had an uneventful weekend. Mark it down in the books and refer to it later when things get hectic. Here another year has gone by and I am still complaining about those nasty pounds. I am with you on the challenge. Could be skinny by now. Too much time wasted. shame on me.

Shad..thanks for the chat the other night. Not too much longer til Chris will be here. What fun and a change in pace,.

Ceejay...hope you are feeling better since last nights bouts.

Hello to Happy and Chelle..I know Chelle is having a great time, found some rocks and DH fell in the creek. lol

High today 68 sunny with rain moving in this evening....CVS tonight. We have some of our Christmas stuff out already, just down the aisle from Halloween and Thanksgiving in the fall aisle. yikes.

Have a good Monday all.

Love and hugs
Old 09-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #242  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Crazy busy (and bad) day today. Vacation was great! Found lots of rocks! One of them even has a huge tourmaline crystal in it.

My back survived all the digging and bending, but I came home with a bad cold and took some Nyquil last night. This morning, it was chilly on the ride into work, so I had the heat on. Big mistake. I fell asleep at the wheel on a deserted road just around the corner from my office, and hit the sidewalk HARD. I slashed a tire...so now I have to get someone to come out and put on my spare and take it to the tire shop.

Oh well, at least I'm okay.

I haven't had a chance to read what y'all are up too...but I'll do that later.

Love and hugs to all,
Michelle
Old 09-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #243  
Annie - Indiana

OMG Chellle....I am so glad you are ok. That could of been so much worse. Take it easy on the way home. Take deep breathes and hold it in, then let it out. That will help you stay awake as it gets oxygen to your brain and wakes you up when driving. hugs dear sister.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #244  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I just got off with my bank long distance. He assured me that although this case is complicated that he could sort it out via phone and he did!!He said it was because of the two names, the one closed account, one new account and an empty savings accout that were the biggest problems. Once I told my story he said it was very clear. Then I held on while he got the levy dept to authorize (for the 3rd time) to give the funds back. Now a check is being printed and should be here soon....along with checks for my new account and he closed out my savings. WHAT A GUY!!! It seems the local kid did nothing right. sigh. poor kid and I gave him a chance too. I will know better next time!!!
So ladies....that is the end of my drama for 2010!!
Thought you gals should be the first to know.

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-27-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #245  
Happy September

ANNIE....HOW SWEET TO MAKE DAD SO HAPPY. HOPE THE FEET AND ANKLES ARE OK. THANK GOD HE HAS YOIU WATCHING OVER HIM. IF SHAD DOESN'T SHOW UP...I'LL BE RIGHT THERE WE'LL ALL GET SKINNY TOGETHER...BUT AFTER WE HAVE THE TREATS...OK???

MICHELLE....OMG SHELLEY!!!!!!!!!! I AM JUST GLAD TO READ THAT YOU'RE OK!! LORD SAVE US!! I HOPE YOUR POOR BODY DOESN'T FIND ANY NEW ACHES & PAINS LATER ON. STAY WELL AND PLEASE TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF. DON'T BE SCARING ME!! I'M AN FOOKING OLD LADY!! BUT I AM GLAD YOU FOUND ROCKS THOUGH AND HAD A GOOD TIME BEFORE YOU TRIED TO SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ME JUST NOW!!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #246  
Annie - Indiana

Well H*ll Mellie...what a great ending to your fairy tale. See, good things DO come to those who wait..and wait...and wait... lol
Old 09-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Trying to catch up on reading but will be back later to comment.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #248  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Busy day yesterday and for some reason I didn't get in here. Came to work for a nine o'clock start, got my entry cards back and then set up my computer again. 11.00am meeting got cancelled (now 9.00am this morning)and at 1.15pm I had my bi-annual boob squish - after which things were somewhat painful so lots of things went out of my head. They have some new machines down there now. The first part where the boob is squashed flat in front of your eyes is not so bad, but oh my word, that side on one surely bring tears to your eyes. Sometimes I wish I didn't have any - actually often I wish I didn't have any. Maybe if I lose some weight, I won't have so much.

Anyway, first day back was much as expected! What am I doing here.

Michelle - You poor thing. I bet you have done some damage to the steering as well. You will have to stop burning the candle at both ends friend. The tourmaline sounds nice. Is it green or pink?

Annie - good to talk to you over the weekend. Yum the baking sounds really nice. Unfortunately I don't think I will make it over there before it is all gone.

Mel - good stuff, if the guy has done the job properly. We wait for the mail. Don't you lot use interbanking facilities. Everything seems to be done by cheque!

Laura - how's the exercise going? I walked yesterday but didn't get back to the gym as I was supposed to.

Only a couple of days before Chris arrives now. Haven't worked out what we might do. Depends on how good she feels. There is a photographic exhibition on in town, as well as a Valentino exhibition ( classice Valentino clothing stuff - very expensive stuff) Might be nice just to see how the other half live. The Roma Street Parklands might be nice as well, but we will see what happens. And with that I have to go for a walk for a meeting. Why the whole lot can't be in one building I have yet to work out. I guess the exercise is good for me.
See ya
Old 09-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #249  

Hey all.

Shad - Yeh, it's nice to have built-in exercise - and get paid for it. The clothing exhibit sounds nice. My exercise lately is not much - no formal exercise this weekend, and today was the day from ****. I'm pretty wiped out, so I took doggy for a walk and that'll be it I think. I'm trying to get Coal to walk nice on the short leash, and that's a workout in itself. Heel, heel, HEEL. Correction. Sigh.

Mel - Yay - sounds like progress! But let's wait for the checks to arrive, lol. Just kidding, not trying to be a Debbie Downer... Re my pumpkin loaves - I asked bf if it would be better w/ nuts and he answered "Isn't it always?" I was sorting a bunch of recipes and, yup, I do have recipes for muffins - and cookies, and pies, and cakes, and other desserts...and that's just the sweets. Still have to sort my recipes for the savories.

Michelle - Scary!!! I'm so glad the road was deserted. Hope you don't have any ill effects from that jolt. That nyquil - I've woken up groggy from it too. With your early hours, I can definitely see that grogginess being intensified. You need to drive w/ the windows open girl!! Yay for the geode! I believe my mother's has an amethyst crystal in it.

Ceejay - Hope the antibiotics are doing their job. Sorry you're suffering the intestinal aftereffects though.

Annie - Yum, the food sounds tasty. Espec. the PB cookies. Hope the doc gets your dad's knees and ankles back to normal. Not surprising about the Christmas stuff being out already... hope all those talking/musical decorations don't drive you batty - it's too early for that, lol. Or is it too late, LOL.

Day from **** today with this file project. And no offer of help from the new half of our group who needed the file space. AND this afternoon they had the nerve to ask our admin for help packing their files for the move. The boss had her draft a nicey-nicey "no can do" e-mail, so there!

Now that we're finishing up, I suppose it was a worthwhile project, and we've even emptied more file drawers than they needed, so we have some freed up space for ourselves. I'm going to be moving a lot of my older desk files into one of the drawers, and then I'll regularly rotate the old out and the more recent in. It'll be nice to get some open space in my cube.

I'm tired and haven't eaten yet, so I'll get this posted and get some dinner in me. G'night all.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #250  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Forgot to mention - DS2 put the furniture together for me yesterday. Made a good job of it too. Now I am filling it with cr*p. Better keep a shelf or two for some of his cr*p I guess.

It's now piddling down and we have thunder, lightning and I can no longer see the city from my office because of rain and low cloud. Nice! Just about the right time for me to go home.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #251  
Annie - Indiana

Morning all ya'll.....woke with a splitting headache, suppose I should taike something for it before I go completely postal on this place. May have to break out the Excedrine Migraine pills. Probably a good poo would help too!

Dad called Samantha to his house yesterday and signed over the title to his car to her. He is not going to drive and she has not had a car in 4 years. Now granted the car is 17 years old but only has 37000 miles on it. He just up and GAVE it to her. Guess cause my kids always help out where the other grandkids are scarce. Anyway she has to title it, plate and insure it before he gives it completely to her. God sees favor!

Shad...sounds like fun to go look at the expensive clothing. I bet they have shoes too!! lol I did get my kitchen mopped and vacuum run. Didn't even start on the closet. That is going to take some major effort on my part.

Hey Ceejay!

Laura...yes, not only do they have all the talking/singing decorations, but also the ones for Halloween and Thanksgiving, not to mention we still have the singing fishes left over too. Maybe that is why the headache from last night at CVS. lol

Mellie...what kind of trouble you got us into today? Firemen, cops, EMTs, just what is it? lol

Chelle...how are you today after yesterday's mishap? The car? How is ole Dop?

Happy....how are your body parts? lol

I have an interview for this position at 3:30. I don't know if they are sincere or it is a courtesy interview...if so, spare me.

Have a great Tuesday everyone..

Love and Hugs
Old 09-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #252  
Happy September

I AM ACTUALLY LOVING THIS DARKER & RAINY WEATHER. THE BUILDING IS SO QUIET YOU CAN HEAR A PIN DROP. EVEN THE OFFICE IS QUIET WITH THE BOSS AT A CONFERENCE. NO WORK FOR THIS CHICK JEN AND I SPENT PART OF THE DAY GETTING PAPER WORK READY TO COPY AND MAIL FOR YET ANOTHER GOVT AGENCY. A YEAR WENT BY ALREADY? GUESS TIME FLIES WHEN YOU'RE HAVING THIS MUCH FUN! SHE HAS TAKEN TO RUNNING DOWNSTAIRS TO CHECK THE MAILBOX EVERY FEW HOURS LIKE YOU GALS...WE WON'T BELIEVE IT TILL WE ACTUALLY SEE THE CHECK IN THERE!!
NOTHING EXCITING PLANNED FOR TODAY. I AM NOT READY TO TEST ALL OF LAST WEEKS BOO BOOS YET TILL I AM SURE THEY'RE HEALED. EXERCISING VERY LIGHTLY SO I CAN GET BACK WHERE I WAS WITHOUT PAIN.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.
HAPPY TUESDAY/ WEDNESDAY

ANNIE...THANKS AND I DID ASK AND I WAS PATIENT AND I DID RECEIVE

CEEJAY...DID YOU GET CAUGHT UP YET??? WE MISS YOU

LAURA....I'M AVAILABLE FOR ANY TASTE TESTING YOU NEED DONE....LET ME REMIND YOU THAT WE HAVE A LOT OF "NUTS" OVER HERE TOO! OR WAS THE BF REFERRING TO HIS ANATOMY? SORRY...EARLY MORNING HUMOR! COULDN'T RESIST. ROFLMAO

SHAD...GLAD TO HEAR THE FURNITURE IS UP AND RUNNING...SO TO SPEAK. DID HE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS OR JUST "DO IT" AS MEN USUALLY DO. I HAVE LOTS OF CRAP STILL THAT YOU GUYS CAN HAVE. THE REASON FOR A CHECK IS BECAUSE WE HAD NO ACCOUNT LEFT IN JEN'S NAME AND THEY COULDN'T REACH US BY PHONE...THE PC IS ON ALL DAY! I WAS CALLING ONE DEPT AND ANOTHER WAS TRYING TO REACH US. CROSS PURPOSES I GUESS.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:02 AM   #253  
Happy September

ANNIE YOU SNEEKER INNER YOU!!
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOUR DD!!! YAY!!! HOW GREAT FOR HER. WHO CARES HOW OLD THE CAR WUITH GREAT LOW MILEAGE ON IT! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HEADACHE GOD I HATE THEM TOO...SENDING A HUG AND LOOKING AROUND FOR SOME PILLS TO SEND TOO
Old 09-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #254  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

We are back safe and sound. We had a great time but the drive itself was awful and there was some goofyness about DH maybe getting a temp job that complicated everything (he didn't get it in the end). Will tell you later. I don't have time to catch up or talk right now. Just wanted to say hi and check in. Will catch up at lunch time if I can.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #255  
Annie - Indiana

Happy...glad you made it back safely. Like I told Mellie...now to your DH...Good things come to those who wait.

Mellie...we will have to remember to have a pharmacy at our "commune". With a hot pharmacist...eye candy for ya. lol
Closed Thread