Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning every one
I'm loving this fall weather. I got caught up from the week end, but lately my day's don't have enough hours in them. I don't like it when the day's start out dark and end in the dark at 7 p.m.
I'm feeling a lot better. I want to go to bed before 10 tonight. I didn't have to run the ceiling fan last and and slept like a baby.

Happy
Glad you are at home safe and sound. DH will find a job soon, don't give up hope.

Annie
Good luck with the interview. How nice that your dad gave you dd the car.

Mel
I'm ready for some of that quietness. This week end is mine with out anything planned.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-28-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #257  

Good morning all.

Shad - Since DS was successful, he can put together "assembly required" furniture as a side job. A lot of people have problems with that, not being fluent in Chinese, Swedish or having the ability to decipher the diagrams.

Annie - How nice for dd to have a car again. Who cares about the age - as long as it runs well and is in good repair. Hope you've banished the headache. Don't go postal before your interview - it might ruin your chances, lol. You might be going in to a courtesy interview (hope it's for real though), but you could change their minds!!

Mel - Rainy weather is a good excuse to stay indoors and under the covers. Enjoy!!

Happy - Welcome back!!

Hellos to Michelle & Ceejay.

Not much to report. Less cranky than yesterday. I have my gym gear with me and a pbj sandwich for lunch, but I was sort of looking forward to getting outdoors at lunch... Maybe I'll take a shorter lunch, and then leave a bit earlier this afternoon to go to the fc for a workout. Tonight's movie is Easy A, a fluffy teenager movie. Should be amusing - hopefully they didn't already show all the funny parts in the previews.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #258  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Annie - didn't think anyone did courtesy interviews any more. Therefore in my book you are in with a chance. Get in there, give it your best shot and leave them smiling. You can do this.
How nice for the DD getting granddads car. I'm sure she will treasure the gift. However you better start warning her about the trouble and the costs they can cause.

Ceejay - glad to hear you are feeling better

Laura - like some people, DS2 seems to be able to 'see' where things go. I had laid out the furniture in the order it went, but apparently I had some bits upside down and back to front, c'est la vie. He takes his time and thinks about it and for once he decided to use the spirit level instead of trying to level it by eye. Things sit nicely on it.
Actually I have a friend who set up a business doing furniture assembly. He did quite well for a while, then it all went downhill. Now he only does it on the side as you say. Apparently, furniture is getting bigger and houses are getting smaller and most bits don't like to fit around those spiral staircases which seem to be very popular just now.

Happy - good to see you back all in one piece. Seems DH is getting closer to getting a job. It's that all important first job that either makes or breaks you in the contract world. Once that initial job is successful, more work just keeps coming (sometimes eventually).

Mel - hope that cheque comes today. It would be nice to have all the money back in the house (so to speak).
Thanks for the offer, but I have enough crap of my own. I don't need yours. I have two packing boxes of stuff that I no longer want and am trying to think what to do with it. Some will go to the bin, but I'm sure that there is a use for the other stuff. Just not at my place.

Don't see Michelle in yet. Hope she is okay and not in pain or tears or anything.

Well today is my last day for a week. Chris arrives tomorrow morning and I don't get back here until next Wednesday. Yeehaa. Hope the weather clears up somewhat and we can get around without drowning. Yesterdays storm gave us around 4 inches of rain which caused a few problems in the usual trouble spots. And as I left the building and put up the umbrella, it broke a couple of spokes and the whole thing collapsed around my head. It must have looked hilarious from the outside. Now I will have to go buy a new one and since the wet season appears to have begun, no doubt the prices will go up as well.
There is a whole load of sirens going off outside the building. Cops and Ambulance just raced off down the wrong side of the road - guess there has been an accident somewhere. There is plenty of traffic buildup out there too. No doubt we will see the police boat shortly if the traffic gets any worse.
So I suppose I had better go surf the 'net for a bit and then get into some work. I'm supposed to be building a training plan. I've found an old template and will use that - however since not much information filters down to this level, I will have to make up a lot of the information. After this I might go into dentistry, pulling teeth would be easier than pulling in information from this lot.

See ya
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 AM   #259  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS

YESTERDAY WAS ALL GOOD. NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. THE BOSS IS BACK TODAY AND I AM STAYING UPSTAIRS. STARTED SHREDDING LAST YEARS JUNK FROM THE FILE DRAWER. FINISH THAT TODAY. SO THAT'S THE ONLY PLAN I HAVE. LIFE IS BORING RIGHT NOW...AND I LIKE BORING!
HAVE A GREAT DAY

HOME HAPPY!!! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE RIDE AND THE JOB. IT WAS GOOD TO SEE YOU THIS MORNING!

ANNIE...A HOT PHARMACIST?? JUST CALL ME MISS JUNKIE!

CEEJAY....GOOD TO HEAR YOU SLEPT SO WELL AND HAVE A WEEKEND ALL TO YOURSELF I LOVE THIS WEATHER TOO!

LAURA...SO THE CRANKIES ARE GONE?? I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD THEM!! MAYBE WE CAN BOTH HAVE OUR PB&J SAMMIES OUTSIDE!! HOPE THE MOVIE IS A GOOD ONE. I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY CLIPS.

SHAD...BETWEEN THE UMBRELLAND TRYING TO GET INFOR FROM THIS COMPANY, YOUR LIVE IS NEVER DULL!! COPS AND SIRENS??? I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE GIVING ORDERS AND ORGANIZING THEM!! I CAN DIRECT TRAFFIC I'M SURE HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME WITH CHRIS. I DO HOPE FOR GOOD WEATHER FOR YOU TWO. IT SHOULD ALL BE GREAT FUN.
PS: NO CHECK IN MY SWEATY LITTLE HANDS AS OF TODAY!
I DON'T THINK JEN WILL RELAX UNTIL IT GETS HERE.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:05 AM   #260  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Mornings are getting colder and darker - fall must be coming. Even the cat doesn't want to stay out all night anymore.

Mel - you go enjoy your boring day. Never heard anyone say they liked boring but hey, it beats nutty chaos and in a building full of seniors quiet is good I'm so glad that someone untangled the financial mess for you and you and Jen are getting your money back. Cash those checks and hide it missy!

Shad - I got a good laugh from your dentistry remark. All too true in regards to getting info out of some people. DH's job miss was a total screw up on their part. I need more time than I have to tell the story but will do so soon. I hope you have a most wonderful time with Chris. Hopefully she is feeling well enough to do some travelling and the dynamic duo can hit the road again and stir up some dust. We will hold the place down while you are gone. Take nice pictures Stash said you sound like the very kind of personality he would enjoy being around and he hopes to meet you one day.

Annie - how wonderful for DD to get a car! See, some goodness has come back to you for taking care of Dad. I hope things work out well for you on the job front. It's getting very depressing. Ready to live like a mountain man myself. You sure made a kitchen full of food yesterday. Save me some of that meatloaf. I'll pass on the cabbage soup - they are very fond of serving cabbage at work. All the time. pfffffffffffftttttttt.

OMG Michelle - I'm so glad that you were ok! What a scare. That Nyquil sure does put one to sleep. I find that after I stop taking it I have trouble getting to sleep on my own for a few days afterwards. Hope the tire damage isn't too costly.

Laura - ummm pumpkin bread. It's that time of year for all the yummy pumpkin stuff. Same some for Shad - she is really fond of the stuff but she doesn't call it pumpkin. Right Shad?

Glad you're feeling better Ceejay. I waved to you on the way up and back. We even stopped for gas in your town but I didn't see you around

Just realized it's trash day and though we don't have much in the way of garbage we do have some recycling that needs to go in the bin. Talk to you later...
Old 09-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #261  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

/well fookity I lost my post...too p*ssed to do it again
Old 09-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #262  

I have it pretty easy this morning at work. We are draining one of the elevated tanks (water towers) for inspection and cleaning. It takes time to use 500,000 gallons of water on a cool day.

It's a perfect fall day. Wish I were outside but I do have one of the door's open. The fresh air does me good.

Back later to comment.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #263  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Michelle - hope you are ok - just busy at work?

Annie - hate losing the posts. computer!

Half a million gallons of water Ceejay? That's alot of watta
Old 09-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #264  

Good afternoon everyone.

Shad - Enjoy your time with Chris. I hope the weather cooperates for you two. LOL about your comment re dentistry, and the umbrella incident!!

Mel - Boring can be good! I ended up eating my pb&j at my desk and not really taking a proper lunch, but it was tasty. The movie Easy A was entertaining. The lead actress Emma Stone, is cute and she has a very nice speaking voice.

Happy - Yeh, dark mornings and early evenings. Summer's over. Hope we have a nice autumn.

Annie - I hate when that happens!!

Ceejay - I wish I were outside too!! I just love the fresh air after being inside all day, especially the air in this building. It's really stuffy morning and late afternoon and generally stuffy all day too. I'm sick of it, and sick of complaining about it.

Michelle - Hope you're feeling better and your day is going alright. Hey, how's Doppler doing?

I never went to the fc yesterday, so I went today and got my 30 minutes in on the elliptical. All the moves on our floor are done I think. The admin and I now have people in cubes on both sides of us. The admin's cube is not as private on one side because of its configuration, but we were told that it would cost about $3,000 to change. Unbelievable - these are nice cubicles, but I can't believe it costs that much to change something that's akin to legos. Whatever. And the person in the cube adjoining the admin's is across the aisle and kitty corner to me (or do you say "catty"?) and because of the cube configuration, it feels like I have less privacy too because it seems like he can see right into my cube. Maybe I'm wrong. Of course anything except an empty cube equates to less privacy, lol. Oh well. It would be nice to be able to move my computer to a different part of my work surface, but who knows how much it would cost to get someone in here to re-install my keyboard tray elsewhere? Sigh.

Okay, I'm done whining about that. Nothing planned tonight, so it'll be a dog walk and possibly a BE workout. I miss those - it feels like weeks since I've done one! We'll see how long it's been when I check my workout log in the basement.

TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 09-29-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #265  

Annie
Hang in there girlfriend. Things will get better.

Happy
Yep half a million gallons of water used in a half a day's time. That's only a drop in the bucket so to speak when we are used to pumping and treating 1.5 to 1.8 million per day.

Michelle
I hope you haven't fallen asleep at the wheel again. Are you busy at work?

Annie
Hang in there, Things will get better.

Laura
Our building was stuffy this morning. That' was why I had the doors open. We don't have cubicle's here, just a big open space. I love it. I bet with some thinking you could rearrange your cubicle. I do have my own computer that only the bosses and I can use.

Watched National Body challenge and The Biggest Loser last night and went to bed. While watching the BL I rode the bike for 4 miles. I'm outta shape. I used to could ride for 8 miles. I'll build back my stamina.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:31 PM   #266  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Today is the day that Chris arrives, yeehaa. I think I am just about ready. Also the second part of the new furniture arrived yesterday so DS2 will be putting it together for me and no doubt making a mess of the place again. I've made it a challenge to unpack at least one box a day and make a decision about to keep or to ditch. I think Chris and I may have to do a dump run sometime this weekend. Cardboard and boxes all over the verandah.

Annie - too bad about the post. I hate it when that happens.

Ceejay - Good for you getting in the exercise while watching tv. The seats on those bikes make me want to stand up for the entire performance or at least get off as fast as possible.

Happy - how weird spending part of your vacation talking about me. One day we will meet up in the woods. Hey what - aren't I normally in the woods beating about the bushes???
Contracting can be the worst or the best thing and the darn recruiters are not always sure what their client is actually looking for either. Interviews are strange animals.

Laura - Good for you getting the exercise in. I know what you mean about people, cubicles and privacy in the work place. I'm pretty lucky where I am at the moment but I am not expecting it to last. They are already talking about another move.

Mel - The US Post always gets through??? Don't give it too much time before you start ringing the bloke again and banging the drum. Boring is fine. I can take boring once in a while.

Michelle - hello are you out there. Haven't seen her on facebook either. Hope you are okay.

Right well I had better go get on with it. Lots to do, people to annoy, laundry to hang out (then it rains) bring in, (then the sun comes out) take out, (then it rains) bring it in - you get the picture.

Last edited by Shad; 09-29-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:34 AM   #267  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

What started out as a bad sore throat and sinuses while on vacay last weekend, turned into full blown bronchitis. I was only at work for a couple hours on Monday before I went home ill. I went to the doc on Tuesday and he put me on two different antibiotics and Prednisone....more steroids. Ugh. He told me to postpone my spine injection until next Friday to get this chest infection a chance to clear out.

Anyway, I'm finding it easier to breathe now that the antibiotics and prednisone removed the elephant that was sitting on my chest (now it's more like a wombat or koala on my chest). Sorry I didn't even check in...the thought of just getting on a 'puter sounded way too strenuous.

As you can imagine, I'm crazy busy today after missing two days last week due to vacay, and three days this week due to illness. So I'd better get to it straight away. I'lll go back and read what you've all been up to as soon as I can.

Lots of love and hugs,
Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #268  

Wake up sleepy heads, time to go to work.

Shad
Enjoy your visit with Chris.

I'm going to make an early morning trip to super Walmart in Blytheville this morning for groceries. Trying to think of some quick simple menu's.

I'm jumping back on the wagon in October by doing the basics. I've learned that I'm going to have to stay between 1200 and 1400 to lose any weight and keep it off. It will have to be a low stress approach to get my heart as healthy as I can.

Rode the bike for 4.2 miles again last night to burn 200 calories.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #269  

Michelle
Glad to hear that you are feeling better. We get concerned when you are missing.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #270  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE...JEN WOKE ME THIS MORNING TO TELL ME ALARMS WERE GOING OFF IN AN APARTMENT WHERE THE PERSON IS IN THE HOSPITAL ONE OF THE MAINT MEN WERE ALREADY HEREE AND WE WNET IN...NO ONE HOME BUT BOTH SMOKE ALARMS WERE GOING OFF FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN THAT ALL THE WINDOWS WERE OPEN AND IT WAS LIKE WE WERE IN THE TROPICS! THEY SOMETIMES GO OFF WITH STEAM FROM THE BATHROOM SO WHY NOT EXCESS HUMIDITY. NOW IT'S ALL JOHN'S PROBLEM...HE JUST GOT HIERE. HEAVY TRAFFIC WITH ALL THIS RAIN & WIND. TORNADO WARNINGS OUT TOO SINCE LAST NIGHT. GONNA BE A BUMPY RIDE...BUT I'LL RIDE OUT THE STORM IN MY OWN APARTMENT THANK YOU!
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY/FRIDAY

CEEJAY...I'M AWAKE AND ALREADY WORKING...BUT I HEARD YOU CALLING WHILE I WAS OUT ON A JOB NICE BIKE RIDING BY THE WAY WISH I COULD G WITH YOU TO THE SUPER WALMARTS...NEVER WENT TO ONE!! I THINK BACK TO BASICS IS THE BEST FOR ME TOO.,..OTHERWISE I GET WEIGHED DOWN WITH THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF LOSING WEIGHT OR GETTING HEART HEALTHY. I'LL SEND THE SENIORS DOWN TO YOU AND HELP DRAIN THE TANK...THEY JUST LOVE RUNNING THEIR FAUCETS

HAPPY.....HOPE DH ISN'T TOO DISAPPOINTED. MUST HAVE BEEN TERRIBLE TO BE GOING THRU THIS WHILE ON VACATION. SENDING DH A HUG TOO.

ANNIE...SENDING YOU A HUG CAUSE YOU SOUND LIKE YOU NEED ONE

LAURA.....WHEN WE REDID AN OFFICE HERE I WAS SHOCKED AT THE COST...AND YOU'RE RIGHT...THEY ARE LIKE LEGOS WE REDID THE CONFERENCE ROOM AND JUST ONE OF THE PIECES WAS ALMOST A GRAND! THESE COMPANIES GET AWAY WITH MURDER. HOPE YOU FIND SOME PEACE OF MIND IN THE NEW CUBE. I SAY PUT A CURTAIN OVER THE OPENING THIS WHAY YOU KNOW THEY CANNOT SEE IN!!
GLAD THE MOVIE WASN'T A BUST. I'LL KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR CABLE TV.
PS: I HAD MY PB& J ON TOAST FOR BREAKFAST YESTERDAY

SHAD.... HAPPY VISIT WITH CHRIS!!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME YOUR POST MADE ME WANT TO OPEN ANOTHER CLOSET....LOTS OF BOXES IN THERE I AM SURE I COULD GET RID OF!!!

MICHELLE....DON'T BOTHER GOING BACK TO READ....NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENED EXCEPT HAPPY'S RETURN TO THE CHICK FOLD SENDING LOT OF HEALING VIBES YOUR WAY AND HOPE YOU WILL BE 100% VERY SOON.

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-30-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Closed Thread