Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #271  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy peeps,

Last day of September. We need a new theme for October. I vote "Get me the out of Memphis!!!!!!!!! Being away for a week and away from all the frustrations reminded me again how much I hate being here. I have charged DH with getting us an end date here - and not in a pine box either. I sometimes fear I will not make it out of this wretched place alive.

Mel - sometimes I think living in your building is no different than sitting at the corner of Times Square Always noise and running and some kind of commotion. I certainly hope you don't get any tornadoes up your way. Guess you're getting doused with leftovers from the hurricanes petering out. Send us some rain, we could sure use it. Nothing so impressive with the Super Walmarts - just a giant grocery store with clothing attached Now set me down in a Mejier's and I'm in heaven. Driving up to Wisconsin we passed by the one in Rolling Meadows off of I-90 and I pressed my face to the window with a great longing it was my favorite place to shop. I think you and I would have a great time there Mel - I'd buy lots of stuff and Annie would cook it for us. Just have to leave out all the speecy spicy stuff that would make our tummies and and Office furniture is crazy priced. I think the ratty desk chairs are something like $900 each which shows you why they don't replace them until the backs, arms AND wheels fall off. If you want to gross yourself out, smack the upholstered chair really hard and hold your breath while all the dust eeks out.

Ceejay - when it comes to healthy meals your best bet is a single serving of lean protein - grilled fish, pork or chicken, a hot steamed vegetable (broccolli, green beans, califlower, etc) and a cold crunchy vegetable or salad. Or you can make a nice big pot of vegetable soup and save single servings in zip-loc containers in the freezer to substitute for one of the vegetable servings. I HATE counting calories - WW points are bad enough but calories are hard so good luck with that. I do agree with you - the most consistent weight loss comes from calorie tracking.

I need to start making some changes to de-junk the house and cut the spending if we ever want to get out of here. I am going to make a vow to either get back using WW online tracking or cancel the service. $15 a month is not alot but if you're not using it at all. Right now the cupboards are quite bare - am trying to put together meals from what's in the cabinets but I have no fresh accompanyments (ie bread, fresh veggies, etc) so our meals are not too diet friendly. I do have some Wisconsin fudge though.

Michelle - am glad you are back with us but so sorry to hear you got bronchitis again. That's really nasty. Do whatever you can to keep it at bay so it doesn't come back for round 2 (and 3). I realize you have to go to work but make sure you go to bed a little early and get extra rest. This is a rough time of season with all the mold and spores in the air. And I'm sooooo sorry that the Bears beat the Packers on Monday - ... well no actually. I'm not really sorry. And I did cheer a lot My only problem with moving to Wisconsin would be having to listen to those Packer Backers

Shad - I hope Chris arrived safe and sound and that the two of your troublemakers are off tearing up the town and having a good time

Laura - I say kitty-corner though most of the world says catty I think. Must be a regional thing. And after I moved the last time I spend a fair amount of time trying to figure out the most strategic way I could get the most privacy in a cube. I figured out it's when I have my back to the opening with my Ipod on and blasting away and I get so self absorbed I think no one can see me. Just like putting a cat in a box - they think they are hidden and protected but in reality, anyone who wants to have a peek in can see you quite fine. There is no privacy in cubes. It's part of the overall degredation of society I think

I am running an afternoon meeting and one of the attendees is conferencing in over the phone from India. Under the best of circumstances I cannot understand him at all. I wish you could do closed captioning on the phone I'd better go review all the test plans before the review. Have a good one everybody.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #272  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Yes Chris did arrive safely and we have yakked and giggled yesterday away. Today, we are off to see the Valentino collection, walk around Southbank Parklands in the afternoon and go to the Friday night markets tonight before having dinner somewhere. We will probably drive into one of the inner city suburbs and park the car there and take the city cat to Southbank. Otherwise it will cost a fortune in parking fees. Yesterday I parked the car at the airport for around 30 mins and it cost me $13.00 Ouch.

Mel - more alarms than you know what to do with out your way. Yes steam will set them off but it is bizarre. But if we didn't have them, well who knows.

Ceejay - simple meals mean less cooking, less ingredients, less stress as well as a reduction in calories. Go for it.

Michelle - goot to have you back. Not nice having bronchitis but at least it was further spinal damage through whiplash or something equally disasterous.

Happy - get me out of Memphis sounds interesting but I don't know that it has much to do with weight problems - or maybe it does considering the deep fried pickles and green beans and aigs.
Good luck with the Indian accent. I find them hard enough straight up. Over the phone is much worse.

Okay - gotta go. It may be early yet and the rest of my world is still asleep, there are things to do and see before we go out to paint the town red. I see the puss cat is stalking something unseen out there. That tail is a dead giveaway. I think she learned the wagging bit from the dogs we used to have. Nice to know she did learn something, sometime, somehow.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #273  

Hi everyone!

Ceejay - Yay for getting the exercise. I like meals that are simple, like what Happy said - a protein, a veggie, and a 2nd side dish. Unfortunately, the 2nd side dish is usually a starch (God forbid it should be a 2nd veggie, LOL). I've begun to skip that other side and eat a bigger portion of the veggie.

Shad - Good challenge getting rid of stuff. Bf has quite the collection. I still have my paper challenges, but I feel like the things I keep are important or potentially important. Bf's boxes are just random accumulations of anything and everything. When a surface where he tends to collect these random bits is filled, it'll often end up in a box and then get stored away in the basement or a closet. We too have a collection of empty cardboard boxes that need to be broken down and recycled. We really don't need those boxes - we rarely ship out gifts anymore - mostly just gift cards. But you know how it can be - you don't want to be without one when you actually need one. Hope you're enjoying the Valentino exhibit.

Michelle - I'm so sorry you've got bronchitis. I'm glad the drugs are working for you, and I hope you'll be feeling 100% by the weekend. I originally thought you might have fallen into a depression over the Packers' loss on Monday, LOL. That was an ugly game with all those penalties...

Mel - I'd forgotten (or maybe never even known) that hight heat and humidity can also trigger a smoke alarm. Huh. Never a dull moment in your building. You're really getting the rain! Now what floor are you on? Just stick to the high ground!! Re pbj's on toast - what I enjoy is cinnamon-raisin bread toast spread with peanut butter, and every once in a while, topped w/ sliced banana. Yum.

Happy - Sorry you're hating where you live. I don't have the history on this, so someday you'll have to tell me how long you've been in TN and how you ended up there. Oh, and I was thinking of you on the weekend when I was watching this goofy show called "On the Road with Santino and ..." (something like that) - a couple of gay guys whose mission is to sew a dream dress for some woman, always living somewhere very rural/small-town, whose life apparently is not living up to her potential. Anyway, on one of their trips, they stayed in yurts like I imagine you and dh stayed in last fall. Our Walmart now has a grocery area, but the selection isn't so great... but that Rolling Meadows Meijer's is quite the opposite - really great selection. But it's sheer size is just so off-putting, we rarely go there.

Hi Annie!! How's it going??

Not much to report. Last night was just a dog walk, no BE workout. Tonight will be a BE workout for sure, and then I will get to the fc tomorrow.

I think I'm getting accustomed to the new cube neighbors I have at work, but I'm still thinking of switching the position of my computer just because the boss sometimes comes up behind me and I don't hear her. Usually it's fine, except when it's like today when I was looking at one of my retirement accounts online and she came up. But I guess it ended alright, because we talked about converting a traditional IRA to a Roth IRA, LOL. She's a font of personal finance information, turns out.

Oh, why does it have to feel like Friday?? Okay, it's already Friday somewhere in the world, ha ha. Good thing it's not here - I have some quarter-end work to do. Better get on with it.

Last edited by Laura705; 09-30-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:22 AM   #274  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD
NOTHING NEW HERE. RAIN AND MORE RAIN. ALMOST 3" YESTERDAY AND IT'S STILL POURING.
I AM FEELING A BIT GROGGY WITH SINUS SO THIS IS SHORT. NEED TO LIE DOWN AGAIN I THINK.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

HAPPY....HOPE YOU COUNT YOUR PENNIES AND GET TO LEAVE THAT STATE LONG BEFORE THE PINE BOX!!! THAT'S HOW JEN FEELS ABOUT LIVING HERE. I COULD LOVE SOMEONE DOING OUR COOKING!! GREAT IDEA!! I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF MEJIERS STORES. BUT LOVE SHOPPING NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE!!

SHAD...WHEN ONE OF MY CATS SAW A BIRD OUTSIDE YOU WOULD THINK THE TAIL TURNED INTO A WHIP!! THEY GET SO EXCITED! HAVE A GREAT DAY...THE PLANS SOUND WONDERFUL. ENJOY YOURSELVES.

LAURA...OHHHHH I LOVE CINNAMON TOAST WITH RAISINS!! YUM. THOMAS' USED TO MAKE A DELICIOUS ONE. MY EX USED TO USE IT FOR FRENCH TOAST WITH CANADIAN MAPLE SYRUP THAT HIS AUNT WOULD BRING DOWN TO US OVER THE HOLIDAYS. GLAD THE BOSS HAD GOOD ADVICE AND NOT YELLING ABOUT USING THE PC. BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO TURN THE THING AROUND!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-01-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #275  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday!

I'm working from home today...the boss said I could so HECK YEAH, don't have to tell me twice. I have tons to get caught up on...but at least I can do it wearing a t-shirt and sweats with my hair a mess. It's a darn chilly morning here, and it's supposed to get LOTS colder this weekend with frost tonight and tomorrow and some nasty ol' weatherman using the 4-letter "S" word that rhymes with "tow". Listen mister, just because it's October doesn't mean you can use that word, dang it!

Unfortunately, I've now got to figure out why something isn't working in a report. I'll be back later.

Love and hugs,
Old 10-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #276  
Choose your hard

Good morning girls,

Happy October. I don't have the time right now to set up a new thread - will get to it later.

I could have used a little more sleep than I got or gotten up one less time. Really tired this morning. Better squeeze in a second cup of coffee.

Yay for you for getting to work from home Michelle- I'm sure you will put in a long day. We have seen frost already but from up north in Wisconsin. Steam would rise off the water in the morning and the last day we were there it was 35 degrees in the morning. DH went to snap a shot of some nice trees and said the road was all covered in frost. It's a comin'

Mel I saw a bit on the news about all the rain that is pounding the east coast. Stay warm and dry my friend - it's a driving pounding mess out there.

I'm closing my eyes and dozing off here so I'd better get up and get my butt outta here. Sooner I go in, sooner I can leave.

Catch up with you later...
Old 10-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
Happy
Not sure if I'm read for those frosty morning's but the temperatures are to go in the mid 40's next week. Time to bring out the long sleeve's.

Michelle
Wish I had the option of working from home.

Mel
Think every one here is having sinus problems. I bought some otc Claritin yesterday and the shelves were almost bare.

It's time to get dressed and get the garbage out to the curb.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #278  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oops....Worldlies Will Go OP for October
Old 10-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #279  

Morning ladies!

Mel - Get the inflatable raft ready!! Wow that's a lot of rain!! I like to watch Coal when he's stalking a squirrel. He doesn't wag - he's very still and deliberate - one paw moving forward at a time until the time when he makes his move, LOL.

Michelle - Hope you have a productive work at home day.

Happy - I've been feeling sleep-deprived all week. Think I'll have a 2nd mug o tea today, just because.

Ceejay - Yeh, time for the warmer clothing. I want to buy a new fall jacket - maybe two. One for work, walking length - water and wind resistant. A friend at work bought a cute one at Lands End - maybe I can get it in another color. The other one would be a casual jacket, just long enough to cover my arse, lol.

Hellos to Annie and Shad!!

Nothing much to report. Last night I was pooped when I got home. Bf was out doing the grocery shopping, so I took doggy for a walk. No BE workout. Boo for me. I stayed up too late most days this week. Last night I made sure I got to bed earlier.

No, I didn't bring my workout gear today. Shame on me. I wanted to go shopping at lunch today anyway. Tonight's a casual get together planned by some of the HS gals, and I'm going with two of my HS friends. Wonder what the turnout will be.

Nothing else firmly planned for this weekend. Might use my massage gift cert. Need to get some exercise too!!

Okay, back to the quarter-end work. Have a good weekend all.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #280  

Hi Annie!!
Old 10-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Like the new theme for October. I really need to be on plan for the rest of my life. he he.

Just getting settled down this morning when my neighbor asked me to go with her to Kennett, Missouri. It was a nice outing. We had lunch in a cute little cafe but evidently it was a man's cave. I felt eye's on me from the time I was there till we left. We were the only women in there. I'm sure I have had to many calories for the day but I didn't eat breakfast and will more than likely have a salad for dinner. Also have had 2 Crispy Creme donuts. All things in moderation.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #282  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Don't post here anymore
Go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post3504465
Old 10-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #283  
Choose your hard

Locking 'er down ladies. Sing your September song and head on over to the new thread.
Closed Thread