Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #211  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Back from the Bl**dy doctor. Problem was that I saw a different one last time and not my usual since he was out fishing. Today was my usual man. So my cholesterol is 5.9 down from 7 (keep doing whatever you are doing)
Sugar levels are perfect (keep doing whatever you are doing)
Thyroid is perfect
Blood pressure is perfect (keep doing whatever you are doing)
Uric Acid levels slightly elevated - have you got a sore toe? No. Then thats okay then. Just get on with living.

Having got that confirmation from the doc., I think that is exactly what I might do.
Let's start thinking about a trip overseas. Where would I like to go??
Old 09-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #212  

Hi everyone. Not quite Wednesday Mel!

Ceejay - Enjoy the quiet in your corner of the world. Definitely sounds like it's time for a new washer/dryer. Good use of the OT pay.

Shad - Company's always a good motivator for cleaning up, LOL. Sorry about not getting the job - astounded by the reason. Shaking my head.

Annie - Good luck with the possible new job. Would it make it possible to quit CVS? Your omelette sounded delish.

Mel - Sorry the shopping trip wasn't ideal, but at least you have the necessities!! Don't work too hard tomorrow!!!

Yup, I had the conference today. Rather disappointed in the educational sessions. Two out of the five did not really cover what the title/description indicated. Lame. But I survived. After a day of that, I skipped the happy hour afterwards, and was glad I turned down a couple dinner invitations I'd received in advance. Not much for networking anyway...

I also skipped the movie tonight because I wasn't up for more driving and the movie selected was somewhat early and not close to home, and I didn't want to deal w/ rush hour traffic and the storms that came through. It got strangely warm today (high 80's), but now it's cooled down after the storm. I think it's going to warm up again tomorrow and/or the next day. I'll take it!

Not the exercise queen the past two weeks. I'll probably not exercise tonight (just because) or tomorrow (I'm donating blood). Thursday for sure!!

Tomorrow the conference ends around 1-ish and I'll work at home in the afternoon. If the vpn cooperates. Talked w/ IT the other day and they confimed it went down last week when I was trying to work at home.

TTFN!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #213  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Doppler's vet visit went very well. The vet is thrilled at how well Doppler is healing! He got permission to go "cone-free" two days early due to "good behavior". He still won't be able to run or jump or play for another 3 weeks...but he's thrilled that now he can demand and receive proper ear scratching!!

Today after work, I'm going to run to WalMart for some last minute trip supplies (like a gardening cushion to sit/kneel on - if I can find one this time of year). Then I have to get everything packed. I'd like to say that I'm usually more organized than this when it comes to packing. Oh well, at least we're only going to be gone a few days and the wardrobe will be jeans, jean shorts and t-shirts - nothing that can get wrecked by getting dirty or muddy.

Last night, I was so happy to finally find my industrial strength - OSHA approved back brace and it still fits! Wow, is it supportive! Just what this chick needs this weekend! Between the brace, my TENS device, Aleve and prescription meds...I should make it through ok. And if not, I've got PT on Monday...so they can put me back together!

Shad - I'm glad everything went well at the doctor visit! Obviously, you're doing all the right things! That's crazy that you were turned down for a team lead position!! Glad you don't take it personally. And, my friend, you ARE an inspiration! You workout several days a week AND get more done around the house and yard than anyone I know. Happy is relaxing in northern Wisconsin. Hopefully enjoying some lovely quiet time and gorgeous fall colors. As for that trip overseas...are you thinking the U.S.? Or taking a job in a beautiful, exotic location?

Mel - So sorry to hear about your panic attack. At least you got the bare essentials at the store. It's ALWAYS better to have too much TP than not enough. I hope you are doing better now! Don't push yourself so hard, sista, and enjoy some rest and relaxation as soon as you can. I've been wondering if the migraines are being triggered by the traction even though nothing is pulling on my neck. Essentially, they pull me apart at the waist/torso area. It's supposed to make room between my lumbar vertebrae to allow room for the disks to get "sucked" back into place so they don't bulge anymore. The combination of the traction and shots is helping.

Laura - Bummer that the conference was a bit of a disappointment. We had the warm, muggy weather up here too, and t-storms in the afternoon. But I know the storms you got down your way were A LOT bigger. At least your IT dept. was able to confirm that VPN was down and it wasn't anything you did. I always hate that feeling. I hope you have a better morning at the conference and a productive afternoon from home.

Time to get some work done!

A big and to all,
Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #214  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY WEDNESDAY AGAIN....I'M BACK!

TOO MUCH INSANITY FOR ME DOWNSTAIRS. I LEFT BEFORE ANYONE ACTUALLY GOT THERE. NO ONE REALLY NEEDS ME......SO I LEFT. BACK TO MY LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN. IT'S SUMMER ALL OVER AGAIN FOR A FEW DAYS. TEMPS BACK IN THE 80'S. GOING OUT LATER TO SOAK UP SOME SUN. HAVE A GREAT DAY.

SHAD...WAS HE ASKING BECAUSE OF GOUT HITS THE BIG TOE?? I AM VERY GLAD TO HEAR YOU DID SO WELL AND WAS WONDERING LAST NIGHT WHY THEY WANTED YOU BACK. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE GOOD NUMBERS!

LAURA....YOU CAN BE THE EXERCISE QUEEN NEXT WEEK. YOU'VE BEEN BUSY WITH WORK TOO. SORRY THE CONFERENCE WASN'T WHAT IT WAS ADVERTISED TO BE....HOPE YOU GET TO DO THE WORK AT HOME. VPN???I'LL HAVE TO GOOGLE THAT TERM AFTER ALL...I HAVEN'T EVEN FIGURED OUT WHAT "IT" IS!!

MICHELLE...TRY NOT TO GET TOO CARRIED AWAY LEST YOU END UP IN A WEEKS WORTH OF TRACTION STAY WELL & HAVE FUN. GLAD YOU FOUND THE BRACE

HELLO TO ANNIE & CEEJAY!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #215  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

SH*T, H*LL, P*SS and D*MN and WTF....they are considering bringing back a former laid off employee for that position I am shooting for, if that happens, well h*ll.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #216  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Mel - Glad you were able to escape the insanity!

Annie - I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya' that you'll get the position.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #217  

Shad - Glad your numbers came back good - must have been the other doctor causing those bad results, right?

Mel - Glad you didn't have to stay in the office amidst the crazy chaos. Enjoy the sun. We've got a cool day today sandwiched between two warm days. VPN is virtual private network, and all I know is that it allows me (sometimes) to connect to my employer's network and get into e-mail and files I need.

Annie - Still hoping you get that position you applied for.

Michelle - So today's your Friday I think. Hope you have a wonderful time geode hunting. Glad you found the back brace, and hope you find a gardening cushion. If not, stop by on the way to St. Louis and borrow mine, LOL.

The last three sessions of the conference this morning were "just okay" - none of the choices were of utmost interest to me. And I didn't win anything in the raffle they held right at the end of the conference. Boo. On the way home, I stopped by a book club friend's house and picked up the book for Saturday's meeting. Yup, better read this one quickly! This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper. Reportedly it's a quick read and funny. My friend also went to the movie last night and yup, they got caught in the storm and traffic that I thankfully chose to avoid. I ended up watching some telly, including DWTS results. David Hasselhoff got booted.

Anyway, after a bit of chat while picking up the book, then coming home and then going out w/ bf for lunch, I didn't get online until about 3:30. Oops. E-mail took its time loading. Not going to get much done today, so heck, why not catch up here and post?

Tonight is a blood donation appt, and then I'll stop to pick some stuff up at Trader Joe's next door. Tomorrow at work we'll be spending some time freeing up some of our file drawers and two empty cubicles (we currently have some boxes in them). The other group we merged with is moving down to our floor and needs space. I guess some other people on our floor are shifting around as well. We're going more and more with electronic files over paper, so I think we can free up the requested space w/o too much trouble.

Well, I better quit rambling and get back to the e-mail. TTFN!

Last edited by Laura705; 09-22-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
Checking in without anything important to say. My five 12 hour day strentch is coming to a close. I can''t wait for 7 p.m.

Annie
I'll say a little prayer for you tonight concerning the job.

Michelle
When are you leaving or the rock hunt adventure? I loved rock hunting in my younger years. I gave my collection to my nephew. I still have one rock that looks like a fosslized ostrich egg ready to hatch. I'd love to see what is inside of it. The one thing on my "bucket list" is to go diamond hunting in the diamond mine here in Arkasnas.

Mel
It's gotten hot in the South again too. Enjoy the sun both don't over heat. Don't think the humidity is as bad this time aroound either.

Laura
I have to say I admire people who donate blood. That's one thing I've never done. Good for you. I haven't gotten into Dancing with the Stars this year.

Shad
You must be doing something right if your blood test come out this good. What part of the world are you considering to visit this time?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #219  

Morning all,

Better get this done before I forget again. I'm really getting grumpy about my weight. Can't seem to stop this upward slide. I'm thinking that maybe it is the muscles taking up the slack again and the fat not melting away but it sure is depressing.
But at least today the sun is out. The garden is growing at the rate of knots and the flowers are appearing on the tomato plants which we only planted three weeks ago. My Pohutukawa (NZ Christmas Bush (oh no, there is that word again)) is about to burst into flower just in time for Chris' visit which is next week.

The company I spent so much time whingeing about having nothing to do, has offered me more work - until end of December. I really don't want to do it, but it's work and no one else has come up with anything concrete.
I've been dealing with a man in WA who wants to put my cv in for a job over there. It sounds remarkably like the job I was just turned down for. I will be on to him today because I need something concrete if I am to turn down the offer of work. Mick has a weeks work lined up for me at the end of October but that won't be enough to keep me for the rest of the year.

Also it is my warrant of fitness year and I have scheduled a boob squish for next Monday and skin scan for November - believe it or not I can't get an appointment before then.

Laura - always amazes me that these conferences are never quite what you imagine them to be when you read the agenda. It seems like a waste of time really. Hope the VPN works for you. Rarely works for me.

Michelle - Good for Doppler. Lets hope his healing continues as smoothly. Glad you found the back brace. I hope you find a cushion or garden kneeler to help with the fossicking. I always find that the local foam rubber shop hasthese big sheets of thick foam rubber and I can get them to cut off a pad which is knee size or pillow size for a reasonable price. Don't know whether you have those type of stores over there.

Mel - Yes it was gout he was thinking of, but since few women actually get gout he wasn't that excited about it. It seems that if I do get some form of gout they need to reassess the diuretic that I use. But it is okay. I remember my dad having gout. It wasn't pretty.
Good for you for leaving the office and coming back upstairs.

Annie - It takes all sorts to work out what they want a person to do in a job. I can't count the number of times I have looked at an advertised job and thought I can do that - only to find it wasn't what the advert said. The person that they are looking at - did they do the job previously? If so there is your answer. They will bring them back and pay them less. Sorry about the annoyance. It would have helped if they had advertised in house and then gone outside if they couldn't find what they are looking for.

Ceejay - Hi, are you out looking for furniture or washing machines?? Or just busy at work and nothing to say?

Okay - better go and get on with the workloard. Got to find somewhere to put these aircons until we can get them installed. See you later.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #220  

And so saying, there she is, sneaking in on me. Hi Ceejay.
The trip is yet just a germ of an idea. I have to try to sort out what is on the list of priorities and what needs to be added to the bucket list.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #221  
Happy September

HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY CHICKS.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

I WOKE UP LATE THIS MORNING AND FEELING LIKE A SLOTH. HAD TO TAKE MEDS FOR THE SHOULDER. MUST BE MY TIME OF THE YEAR TO FALL APART
THE MONTHLY MEETINGS ARE TONITE. I HOPE THEY GO BY QUICKLY! THERE'S WAY TOO MUCH YADDA YADDA YADDA AT THESE THINGS!
SPENT TIME OUTSIDE WITH MY FRIENDS ON AND OFF ALL DAY. THE WEATHER IS GORGEOUS HERE. EVEN JEN IS FEELING BETTER. MUST BE THE SUNSHINE!
HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES OF THE WORLD

ANNIE...STILL THIN KING GOOD THOUGHTS THAT THEY PICK YOU INSTEAD. KEEPING FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED!

LAURA...WISH I COULD HAVE GONE TO TJ'S WITH YOU!!! WE HAVE THE VPN TOO BUT THEY CALL IT "PC ANYWHERE". THAT'S HOW THEY GET FAMILY INFO WHILE I AM SITTING HERE WITH THE DEAD TENANTS. SORRY YOU DIDN'T WIN ANYTHING BUT ONE HAPPY THOUGHT WAS MISSING ALL THAT STORM AND TRAFFIC! WE HAD THE STOMR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT...CRASH, BOOM!!! HOPE YOU LIKE THE NEW BOOK.

CEEJAY...OUR WEATHER IS DRYER ALSO. I AM GAD YOUR 12 HR DAYS ARE COMING TO A CLOSE. THAT'S A TOUGH WORK WEEK ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF.

SHAD....I AM LAUGHINGAT THE COMPANY'S OFFER OF MORE WORK. MAYBE YOU CAN JUST SITH THERE, LOOK PRETTY AND TAKE A CHEQUE HOME EVERY WEEK I COULD DEAL WITH THAT!!
THE GARDEN WILL LOOK LIKE A FOREST AT THIS RATE!! LOVELY WEATHER WE'RE ALL HAVING. HOPE IT LASTS FOR CHRIS' VISIT TOO!! THEN YOU CAN BOTH SIT OUTSIDE IN THE GORGEOUS SUN AND HAVE DRINKS WITH THOSE LITTLE UMBRELLAS IN THEM!!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning all
Got up this morning and I didn't have to go to work, yeah. I may have made my co-worker mad and I really don't like leaving notes but I had to tell her one more time that I'm not her boss, the boss is. I told her my routine and that's it. She asked for day's now live with it and learn, like I did. She wants the easy way out and make herself look like she know it all.
Took my temperature again this morning and it was above 100 degree's. Took a couple of Tylenol. Do not want to wait until my doctor returns from his vacation so I called urgent care in Jonesboro and have an appointment at 2.30. I think I need some antibiotics. I'd planned on going to Jonesboro today to get the wind shield wiper for the back window that Toyota had to order. I invited my neighbor to go with me. We like to eat at Ron's Catfish. They have a buffet spread that you wouldn't believe.

Shad
I'm with Mel. Take the job and sit and look pretty. Most people would jump at this chance.

Mel
I don't like meetings either especially if they are required. Glad Jen is feeling better. Enjoy the sunshine.

Laura
I like quick read books. May need to check this one out. I bought some paper back books at a flea market at the high school I attended. I've started one book.

more later.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #223  

Morning all!

Ceejay - Glad your workweek is amost over - 12-hour days would be an adjustment for me. But I wouldn't mind working four 10-hour days instead of 5 8's...

Shad - Hope some other work option pops up if you're not excited about the current offer. Enjoy your gardening season! I'm still harvesting veggies, but one of my to-dos is to start cutting back the foliage of my phlox, hibiscus and peonies as they are done.

Mel - Sorry your shoulder is sore - hope the meds help. Hope you enjoy the sunshine while you've got it!! Maybe it'll help your shoulder feel better. My TJ visit was good. I picked up a couple new items. One is super thin cherry-chocolate biscotti; another is Irish breakfast tea in which to dunk the biscotti, and another is frozen Tom Yum soup. Bf loves Tom Yum soup when we go out for Thai - wondering how this stuff will measure up. Also, September is the month where we show our library card and get discounts at local businesses, so I got a free reusable shopping bag from TJ's. Good - now I don't have to go in there with my Whole Foods bags, LOL. Hope the monthly meeting is short and sweet tonight!!

We just met to plan how we'll go from 60 file drawers to 40 by tomorrow. Turns out the whole floor is going to be moved around, except our department - we just have to free up file space for the newly merged half of our group moving down to be with us.

I brought my workout gear today, so I'll probably go to the FC around 1:30. I'm now 1/4 through the book club book, and it's good - humorous. I'm sure I'll finish it by Saturday night.

Okay, better get down to business.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #224  

Morning all,

Yesterday I took the job with the old company since the others could not come up with any reasonable answers for me and this was put on the table. As you have all said, it is not onerous work and quite probably no one will know what to do with me anyway. C'est la vie. I start on Monday, have Monday afternoon off for a boob squish and go back Tuesday and Wednesday and then Have a week off with Chris. Should give them plenty of time to get some sh*t together for me.

I've been to the gym, done a couple of loads of washing and am about to embark on some picture hanging - this will be fun since it is a tryptech (3 paintings to be hung as one and they need to be level. The kid who is doing my garden sent a text to come on Saturday instead of Sunday but I have put him off for the weekend since the only thing that really needs doing is the lawn (10 minutes work) a bit of weeding (maybe 15 minutes) and the hedge - another hour. I have been keeping on top of the yard and haven't yet worked out where the big new garden in the front will go. So with DS2 going out west to the B&S Ball and no L I will have a quiet weekend to get ready for Chris.

Mel - we are getting rain. Supposed to clear for the weekend but it is not looking too promising yet. I hope it does because I've got washing to dry.

Laura - chocolate cherry biscotti - sounds like fun. I like cherries and they go well with dark chocolate - that's if the chocolate hasn't melted before I eat all the cherries.

Ceejay - hope you are feeling better now. I did take your advice.

Okay - time to go clean up in the loo and laundry. I'll be back later.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #225  
Happy September

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!
I NEVER MADE THE MEETING. I CALLED IN SICK AND VOTED BY PHONE. I HAD SO MANY ACHES & PAINS THAT IT WAS PATHETIC! THEN TOOK PILLS AND WENT TO BED. FELLING BETTER TODAY BUT I AM NOT SHARING THAT INFO DOWNSTAIRS JEN WENT TO THE STORE AND PICKED UP ALL OUR WEEKEND STUFF. I NEEDED PRODUCE. NOW WE'RE ALL SET.
HAVE A GREAT DAY & WEEKEND

CEEJAY....LUNCH SOUNDED GREAT. HOPE YOU GOT THE WIPER. AND YES...STICKING UP FOR YOURSELF IS A GOOD THING. GOOD FOR YOU. HAVE GREAT DAYS OFF!

LAURA....DID YOU GET TO GO TO THE GYM? HAD A LAUGH AT THE FREE BAG AT TJ'S VS WHOLE FOODS BAG IN THE BEGINNING I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM TILL I BOUGHT SOME MY MAINT. SUPERVISOR LOVES THAT TEA. I GET HIM A BOX ONCE AND AWHILE ESPECIALLY AFTER WE FIGHT!!

SHAD....DOING THE HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU AND THE NEW CONTRACT...NOW MAKE SURE YOU BRING A GOOD BOOK, MAYBE A DECK OF CARDS AND WE'LL THINK OF OTHER THINGS FOR YOU TO TAKE ALONG TO KEEP YOUR MIND OCCUPIED TILL DECEMBER IT'S GOOD YOU HAVE TIME TO MAKE READY FOR CHRIS. HOW HAS SHE BEEN? OBVIOUSLY DOING WELL IF SHE CAN TRAVEL. BET YOU GUYS MISS EACH OTHER. WEREN'T YOU BOTH SUPPOSED TO TRAVEL AGAIN SOMEPLACE IF SHE GOT WELL?? WAS IT EUROPE? I WAS THINKING OF HER THE OTHER DAY WHEN YOU FIRST POSTED ABOUT THE UPCOMING VISIT.
Closed Thread