Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #31  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Shad - I have noticed a trend - when you are stuck in an office in the city your work is much less satisfying. When you are out in the field it is very hectic, things are disorganized chaos and you are running right up to the last minute to pull off the doco and training. Tiring but you get the job done. Office jobs are not your friend Have I told you I am jealous that you have so much hair to cut off? Send some over, I will weave a nice wiglet. So what if we have completely different hair colors?

I am glad it is Friday. Still tired although I went to bed 2 hours early last night. I think the overhead fan bothers me and DH insists on keeping it on - says it gets too hot. I say well turn the air conditioning temps down instead.

The lawn treatment people did a fine job of actually killing our lawn. So today there are laborers out laying new sod. I say new gently as the stuff on the pallets is rather dried out and looks half dead to me. DH says that's ok, if it doesn't take they will be out here doing it again. At least this gives us 2 good solid weeks of watering it before we head out on vacation.

Not much else going on. We get out early today - care to join me in a

Hope you can get home quickly and rest that back Michelle. Sounds like the poor thing has been traumatized. I know I dreaded the cortizone shot in the foot - I'm not sure being shot with a gun would have hurt any less.

On with the day - happy Friday to all - to those already off and running, enjoy your long weekend.

to Mel
Old 09-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #32  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday!!!

I'm going to do personals before I chat about my back.

Shad - I hope Sunday lets you have a relaxing weekend. Thanks for sending Friday our way. You're not a Debbie Downer either, missy. We all have those days/weeks/months. I think I agree with Happy that you seem to enjoy being out in the field more.

Annie - Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing time at the lake. I relaxed yesterday and will again this afternoon, and tomorrow morning (and Sunday and Monday) we'll hopefully go fishing. How is your dad doing? What did the PT say?

Ceejay - Our bodies definitely let us know when we eat fattening, rich, heavy foods.

Laura - Glad bf and his brother have buried the hatchet. Hope you have a fun time at the fest and that the visit to the brother goes well. I hope Monday stays free and clear so you can enjoy some Laura-time. Good luck at the foot doc today.

Happy - Your trip to the WI northwoods sounds wonderful! Can you swing by and pick me up on your way? I hope you can make time this weekend to get a swim in (clothed or unclothed)! I will definitely be relaxing this weekend. As for "reading", I finished my audiobook of "Wicked" last night and started the audiobook of "Eclipse" and will follow it up with "Breaking Dawn" (both from the Twilight Series). I've been wanting to re-read the books for awhile...but right now, it's easier to just put on my headphones, lie down, relax and listen. OMG! The lawn treatment people killed your lawn? That's awful! We don't use a lawn service because DH prefers to do it himself. He uses weed and feed in the front, and just fertilizer in the back (as weed killer can be harmful to doggies that play on, roll on and occasionally nibble on the grass). We get to leave early today too! I'm leaving at 11 to pick up the doggies at the groomers.

Mel - I'm thinking about you lots and hoping you, Jen and Richie are doing okay. Lots of love and hugs to you my friend.

Love,
Old 09-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
not much going on today. It's cool outside this morning so I may get out and do some yard work. It's suppose to be this way for the rest of the week end. To bad I have to work Monday.
had a dream early this morning that I enjoyed and didn't want to wake up. I did get up to go to the bathroom and right back to bed and asleep and back into the dream. Even saw my grandpa who for some reason was sitting in a wheel chair. My grandmother was in the wheel chair. I was dreaming about my newest great neice so i suppose it's time for me to go see her. She was 4 months old yesterday.

need to run some errands this morning.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #34  

Hi everyone.

Happy - A cabin in northern WI sounds nice and quiet. Hope the new sod takes. We stopped our weed service this year, or rather bf cancelled it. Of course the weeds took over because he didn't do any diy weed control to replace it. So now we're starting the service again.

Michelle - Enjoy your audiobooks this weekend! I have three books from the library to choose from.

Shad - How much of your final month is left on this assignment? Just wondering how much thumb twiddling there will be... Hope you're enjoying your weekend w/ two Sundays, lol.

Ceejay - Did you do any gardening? It's really cool here today - mid 60's. I harvested some cherry tomatoes and pulled a few giant weeds, but that was it. We had a lot of rain yesterday so I don't want to do much with the soil while it's so wet. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Hellos to Mel and Annie!!!

This morning I did a cardio dvd from the library. It was Cardioblast - a Tamilee Webb Tighter Assets workout. It was alright - got my heart pumping and sweat flowing. But it took up a good amount of floor space, and I didn't like it quite as much as the Firm's Cardio Party dvd. I also have a stretch dvd and another cardio dvd to try. The latter is a bellydancing workout, LOL. I'll be down in the basement wearing a sport bra for that one, ha ha.

My doctor visit went well. This guy just seems so much more interested in helping me than the previous doc. I had an xray which showed a heel spur and an ultrasound which revealed that my plantar fascia was inflamed at .7%, which is higher than the average inflammation of .4%. I ended up getting an injection in my foot to reduce the inflammation - it had vit. b12 (I think or was it b6?), a steroid, and one other chemical. I was told I have a high pain tolerance - while I was getting the shot the doc and the nurse kept asking if I was okay and I just kept responding "how much longer?" But at one point I did say "ouch" because it was rather painful. So my foot is feeling sore from that, so I let bf take doggy for his walk just now. Hopefully in a day or two I'll be feeling relief from this inflammation. We talked a bit about my orthotics, but I'm going back in a week, so we'll talk more specifics then.

I think bf is running a work errand and then will stop by our friend's for a little b-day celebration. Not sure I'll go with as it involves a lot of driving, and I don't care to be in traffic on Friday of Labor day weekend. I might get back to my sewing project or just read a book or watch tv.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #35  

laura
Yes, infact, I spent the entire afternoon outside. I'm outta shape for the physical activity which lawn mowing requires but it's now done and I'm more pleased than when the other person does it. I don't think he'll be doing it anymore this year and I'm not hiring him next year. I weed eat,trim the bushes and blow off the side walks and drive way. plus I got the added bonus of getting natural vitamin d.
I'm off to the shower.
i feel for you with the foot problems. Since the right foot surgery was done my left foot seem's to not bother me as bad. Ask him about diabetic orthotics. That's what my podiatrist gave me and talk about comfortable.
The podiatrist and his nurse had to hold my foot down and especially if he hit that heel spur.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-03-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #36  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya all,
Short post since I am running around like a chook with it's head cut off trying to find the whereabouts of all my family and friends in Canterbury NZ which suffered a 7.1 earthquake (massive) this morning. I have located all but one cousin and her family whose houses are very close to the epicentre. We think her wee town has been evacuated but can't get much in the way of news as yet. All other cousins seem to be okay and are promising to get in touch if any news comes in.

So spare a thought for a city which is suffering aftershocks every 15 minutes or so and who are waiting for news from loved ones. I understand the whole of the CBD has been closed off to prevent looting as all the shop windows have been broken and there is glass everywhere. Chimneys have falled into and across houses. At one service station, the underground tank has been thrown up out of the ground and believe it or not is NOT leaking petrol. And the water, power, sewerage and phone lines are out in a wide area.

I'll be back for personals later.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #37  

Shad
I thought about you when I heard of the earth quake. Glad you found most of the family.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #38  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

Happy Saturday. Okay, so as promised here's what happened with my back. The shots were pretty darn painful (but only for a few moments). That evening after the numbing agent wore off, the injection site was extremely painful, making it difficult to get comfortable or sleep. Yesterday morning, it was still quite painful, but I managed to work for 1/2 day until the office closed for the holiday weekend. Last night and today, it's better...about where I was prior to the shot. The doc said it would take 3 days to 2 weeks to get full effect of the shot, and it is quite likely that I'll need another shot in 2 weeks, so I scheduled it for 9/17 so I should be over the injection site pain by the time DH and I go away for a 4 day weekend on 9/23.

I'm really taking it easy this weekend. I got a little bit if website work done this morning, but I'm going to have to back downstairs and lay down. I've got the work clothes in the dryer, and will ask DH to bring it upstairs and hang them up.

It's really chilly this morning. Hopefully it will warm up and the wind will die down so we can go fishing at around 11 am or noon for the rest of the afternoon.

That's the same game plan for the rest of the weekend. A little website work (as much as my back will allow), a bit of fishing and lots of relaxing.

Ceejay - Sounds like a really nice dream about your grandparents and your great niece. Good for you for spending so much outside time.

Laura - I hope the foot is feeling better now. Wow, a heel spur and inflammed plantar fascia...no wonder your foot was hurting.

Shad - I hope all the family and friends are okay after the big quake in Canterbury. That is a massive quake. to you and prayers.

A big to all!

Love and hugs,
Old 09-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #39  

Shad - I hope you've accounted for the missing cousin & family. Very scary time for them.

Ceejay - Sound like it's better to do the lawn work yourself until you can find someone who does a good job. And it's good exercise. Too bad the weather can often make it such a miserable job.

I had a quiet night last night, but ended up watching several episodes of "Say Yes to the the Dress" about wedding dress shoppers. Yeh, I'm scratching my head too. Finally shut off the tv and started my library book.

This morning I did a BE workout and am on the 2nd load of laundry. Very cool here - 59 and rather windy too. I'll be wearing jeans today and taking along a jacket for sure. High is supposed to be 69. Nice change, and we'll be back in the 70's and 80's tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #40  

Michelle - You're the sneaker inner. Hope the shot starts to take effect soon and you get some relief. I bet you're not looking forward to that 2nd injection. Glad you're taking it easy this weekend.

Yeh, the gusty wind is not ideal - I hope it dies down so you can go fishing. Bf and I are going to a fest w/ another couple this afternoon, but we won't be as out in the open like you would be in a boat.

Okay, time to get myself changed and eat some breakfast.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #41  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WHERE TO BEGIN....THE MONEY LEVIED STILL HASN'T BEEN RETURNED....AND BECAUSE THE BANK CLOSED DOWN THE ACCOUNT FOR LACK OF FUNDS, WE WON'T GET OUR DIRECT DEPOSIT GOVT CHECKS. MY SEPT AND OCT CECKS WON'T BE DEPOSITED UNTIL OCTOBER 1st.
TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, THE OFFICE SCREWED UP AND "FORGOT" TO GIVE MY NEW CHECKING ACCOUNT # TO THE BOOKKEEPER SO THERE WON'T BE ANY PAYCHECKS FOR 2 WEEKS EITHER.
MY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THEM WAS HOW WOULD THEY LIKE IT IF I QUIT AND NEVER ANSWER THE PHONE AGAIN. AS THE DAYS WENT BY THIS WEEK, THE DRAMA JUST CONTINUED TO GET PROGRESSIVELY WORSE.

JEN'S BEEN IN THE BATHROOM FOR THE LAST 3-4 DAYS.

OUR PERSONAL BANKER HAS MADE 2 TRIPS HERE FOR MY SIGNATURE ON ASSORTED PAPERS.

THE SHERIFF'S SECRETARY WAS A DOLL AND IS TRYING HER BEST TO EXPEDITE THE LIFTING OF THE LEVY BUT UNTIL SHE DOES, JEN CANNOT OPEN A CHECKING ACCOUNT OF HER OWN.....AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF...SHE CANNOT DEPOSIT HER GOVT CHECKS IN MY ACCOUNT NOR CAN SHE CASH THEM WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT OF HER OWN! WTF!!! THEY'RE GOVT CHECKS FOR CHRISTSAKES IN THE MEANTIME.....
HER CHECKS WILL COME BY SNAIL MAIL TILL THIS IS SETTLED AND SHE WILL HAVE TO PAY TO CASH THEM AT A CHECK CASHING STORE. NOTHING ELSE WE CAN DO.

ONE GOOD THING (FOR HAPPY'S GRATITUDE SIGGIE) IS THAT I WORKED FROM LAST FRIDAY TO THIS FRIDAY BECAUSE THE MAINT SUPERVISOR WAS OFF AND NO ONE COULD FILL IN. I EARNED MY EXTRA CHECK!

I AM A WEE BIT TIRED. NOT USED TO FULL DAYS AND SO MANY IN A ROW. AND IN THE HEAT & HUMIDITY. I AM A LITTLE WORSE FOR WEAR BUT SOMEHOW PEOPLES STUPIDITY GAVE ME THE ENERGY (read anger here) TO FORGE AHEAD AND MAKE IT THRU THE WEEK.

ANOTHER GOOD THING WAS THAT I HAD TAKEN SHAD'S ADVICE AND KEPT A LUMP SUM OF MONEY HERE FOR EMERGENCIES AND ADDED TO IT FOR MY WHEELCHAIR...SO WE AREN'T PENNILESS.
AS SOON AS THIS FIASCO IS OVER WITH...I'LL REPLENISH THE SLUSH FUND RIGHT AWAY. I AM ALSO NOT REPAIRING THE OLD CHAIR AS IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE AND THEY CAN ONLY FIND USED PARTS SO FAR. WE'RE TALKING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS HERE...IT'S JUST NOT COST EFFECTIVE
I HAVE NOT READ ANY POSTS AND WON'T DO PERSONALS ON LAST WEEK. I'LL JUST BEGIN AGAIN HERE.
BUT I'LL GO BACK AND READ ANYWAY!
I'M NOSY AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN UP TO.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-04-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #42  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Shad - we have televisions around the building set to the Cable News Network. I was passing by yesterday and caught the tail end of the news story about the earthquake in NZ. Immediately thought of you and your family and friends. Hope they will all be well. It sounds quite devistating. I'm sure the worst part is being so far away not being able to contact people. Isn't the area itself rather rumbly - tho of course not as bad as this. Those continuous aftershocks have got to be terrifying.

Laura - sounds like fall has hit your area already. We have pleasant cooler weather but yours is downright brisk! Good for sleeping and getting outside and prepping the yard for the upcoming winter. Oops did I say that bad word? I second Michelle's comment - no wonder your foot was hurting! I have bad heel spurs in both feet - I daresay I could go fishing with my feet have to be very careful with cushy, comfy shoes and no barefoot for me. Hope you get some relief. It's good to hear that this doctor is more interested in treating you. Did they give you any indication of treatment?

Michelle - ouch - I'm cringing for you! And knowing that you'll get another in 2 weeks - they would have to drag me like a stubborn mule there. I certainly hope it is worth the initial pain. Did this come on suddenly? I can't remember. Just that you were Zumba'ing and then bam - ouch city. DH has problems this time of year with intense pain as the seasons change. Is that you too? Just rest up, get some sun outside and sit in a chair and read. Take advantage of a few days off.

Annie - hope you are enjoying your weekend at the lake. Have fun sistah!

Ceejay - that's interesting about the diabetic orthotics. Will have to investigate it. I'm sure you do a much better job with the lawn than hired help. But it is alot of work. And can mess with the allergies. I helped DH scrub the pool tarp down last weekend and like you, felt that I have to get out and do more physical labor. Have a good weekend.

Mel - I guess that leprachaun I sent with the pot 'o gold has not arrived yet. Either than or the g-men tried to snatch it away and you are still trying to run them down in the chair. Hope you are doing ok. Love to you

I need to get outside and help DH with the weeding. They laid the new sod down yesterday - hope it takes. At least we have time to water it good. Could use some real rain but that doesn't seem to be. I'm hoping to get a few things accomplished this weekend. Need to get off the computer to do so.

Talk to you all later.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #43  
Choose your hard

Mel - you sneaker inner. So good to hear from you. What a fiasco. I know you have to have a checking account in order to receive your checks but I'd draw the funds out immediately and stuff them in a mattress since they are so fond of taking your money. I don't understand why they keep coming after you. What the **** are you supposed to live on for the next month????????? Just ridiculous! Anyway I'm glad to hear from you and I guess just like an old car when the cost of maintenance gets out of control, I guess it's time to give it up - even if it was a favorite. RIP chair!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #44  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD....I JUST WATCHED THE NEWS AND CAME BACK TO ASK ABOUT THE FAMILY...BUT I SEE YOU HAVE FOUND ALL BUT ONE? SENDING LOVE AND GOOD THOUGHTS OUT TO THEM ALL. WHAT AN EARTHQUAKE! WOW! PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW EVERYONE IS DOING

HAPPY....I SNUCK IN AND HAD TO LEAVE FOR AN ALARM...NOW I SEE YOU SNUCK IN THERE TOO. HUGS BACK TO YOU. GUESS THE FEDS GOT THE LEPRECHAUN!! HE NEVER GOT HERE!!
BUT I APPRECIATE THE THOUGHT!

CEEJAY....LOOKS LIKE WORK HAS BEEN BUSY AND YOU CERTAINLY WERE OUTSIDE FOR A LONG TIME!! CONGRATS ON THE WEIGH-IN THIS MONTH!!!

ANNIE...HOPE THE "vacation" IS RELAXING!! IT WILL BE NICE NOT TO BE HOME AND LOOKING AT THE TO DO LIST

MICHELLE....TAKE GOoD CARE OF THAT BACK AND I DO HOPE THESE SHOTS WILL WORK OUT FOR YOU

I ALSO WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND GOOD THOUGHTS THEY MEANT A LOT TO ME WHEN I READ THEM.

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-04-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #45  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Still waiting for news of a cousin, her husband and their son, dil and children and their daughter, sil and children. Their homes were very close to the earthquake centre - all of them. We suspect they have been evacuated. There have been no reported deaths, so we hang on to the fact that they are out there somewhere. I just wish they would get in touch but it may be tricky. Things like this happen when you are in an earthquake prone zone and I am thankful that over the years successive decision makers have decreed certain building codes. It could have been very much worse. Surprisingly it appears that most of the historical buildings have come out of this fairly well (well built great, great Grandad) It is the post WW1 and WW11 architecture that seems to have moved and broken. Of course Christchurch being the most English city outside England has many brick buildings and they are not so good when earthquake strikes. The whole irony of the situation is that having given, given and given some more to countries, states and cities that have been devastated by earthquake, tsunami, flood, and fire, do you think anyone will give anything back at this time? No, I didn't either. Good thing they have the Earthquake and War Damage commission which no politician has been able to get their fingers into - sorta like Mel's slush fund only bigger.

Mel - good to have you back on the thread and sorry I haven't got back to your email. Been a bit distracted. How nice to have given advice that has helped to overcome a problem. Lord what a mess the banking system is in over there. Wish I could do more to help.

Happy - on your way to cooler WI soon. Well I doubt that you will get snowed in as yet.
Yes it must be really hard for the Christchurch people. I was speaking to a cousin yesterday who said that they had aftershocks around every 15 minutes. They have lost a front fence and some of her china collection but as she said, it can be replaced or renewed and the rest of her family is just fine. Including the cat.

Ceejay - thanks for the thoughts for the family. A few thoughts offered up in church might be nice as well. Believe me, the second they come to light, you good folk will know about it.

Laura - I only ever watched some of those wedding programmes very occasionally. The amount of worry, cash spent, and complete stupidity puts me off very quickly. I can understand you scratching your head.

Michelle - hope the back settles down very quickly for you. Back pain is really awful and it makes such an impression on your mood and wellbeing. Hurry up and get better.

Annie - hope you are enjoying the long weekend. You deserve some downtime.

Righto, well the cat is calling! She who must be obeyed and doesn't actually know what she wants. I'd better get out of here and go do some bits and pieces to tidy up and clean the house. DS2 has gone tramping in the bush with some mates and it is Fathers day over here, so no staff today. Anyway I have a hair appointment at 10.30 and then later in the day dinner with a friend up here from Melbourne for a few days.

Catch you all later.
Closed Thread