Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #196  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Never Lose Your Grandson! A heartwarming story. . ..
My small grandson got lost at the shopping mall..........
He approached a uniformed security guard and said,
"I've lost my grandpa!"

The guard asked, "What's his name?"
"Grandpa!"
The guard smiled, then asked, "What's he like?"
The little tyke hesitated for a moment and then replied,
"Miller Lite and big b**bies!"
Brings a tear to your eyes .
Old 09-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #197  

Shad – LOL about the job description. Despite your criticism, maybe it would be easier dealing with the camera than human employees… I’m sure you’ll do fine assembling your new bookcase, but good luck with the instructions. Sometimes less expensive is better – you won’t feel guilty if you tire of it and decide to change it out sooner than you thought you would. I’m not on fb all that much, and when I am I usually just pop in and out, so it’s better to just leave the chats up to random good timing. Good job on the gym sessions! Your tomato season is just starting and ours is just ending. We’re finally harvesting some tasty tomatoes. I don’t think my veg patch gets enough sunny hours.

Ceejay – Shad has a good point. My bf was in the car business for many years, and now he does side jobs helping friends/family/acquaintances purchase cars. They love that he takes care of everything. Usually you can get the info you need online and even get a dealer to agree as to price over the phone. The trip to the dealership becomes a formality for completing paperwork. Definitely sounds like it’s a good time for the landlord to shut down the water spigot. Do the brats really leave the water running!?!? Agree w/ Shad – need something that disables it so the miscreants can’t mess with it.

Mel – Glad the finances are getting worked out. Hope the levies can be lifted. You can keep posting about it as necessary – it keeps reminding me I need to establish my “cash stash” at home! My foot’s feeling good, probably because I haven’t done much of anything physical for several days! Saturday was very nice. For my friend’s housewarming party, I made tortilla rollups – a mix of cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheddar, seasoning, and salsa mixed up and spread on tortillas, rolled up and sliced. There was a lot of food there, but I did okay. Only took small plates, LOL. D's new home is very nice! I’m so glad she’s settled in after going through this for 2 years.

The Bobby Darin tribute was actually a really good show and I’m glad we went. The party was way south of us and the show was way NW, so we did a lot of driving that day…but at least I was off my feet a lot, LOL. Glad Richie’s got that moving work, and maybe the school will need him for the cleaning and fixing up too! Yeh, a bit early for Halloween decorations – I’m definitely waiting until October.

Michelle – Sounds like your week will be really busy. Glad the injection wasn’t nearly as painful, and I hope it brings you more relief. We got a lot of rain Saturday morning, but nothing the rest of the day. Yesterday morning I expected rain (as forecast), but nope, it was sunny in the morning and then it clouded up in the afternoon. No rain. Been cooler here too, I’m not wearing shorts, but I’m not bundling up either. Definitely not winter yet! (Tomorrow we're getting into the 80's again!) I did see Everybody’s Fine and enjoyed it. DeNiro’s always good to watch - such a good actor!

Annie – Don’t stay away!! We miss you, girl!!

Well, it’s Monday. Besides a new work week, I tend to be grumpy about all the things I wish I’d done over the weekend but didn’t. But instead of letting them distract me, today I’m going to try and jot them down and address them later. That’s one of the concepts I learned at that productivity seminar. Yesterday I did do some weeding (my hamstrings and glutes are sore from the bending.), and I also did a couple small sewing tasks, potted a couple coleus cuttings I rooted, a trip to Walmart, a dog walk, and a load of laundry.

I have a 1.5 day conference starting tomorrow. I appreciate the educational opportunities and the chance to get out of the office for a change. But I don’t enjoy networking, and I also wish I made more of an effort with my wardrobe when these events arise. Yes, what I’m saying is that even though the office and this conference are both business casual, I wear clothes to the office that I don’t think are good enough for this conference, LOL. And I’ll be working at home again on Wed. afternoon after the conference ends, so I have to schlep home my laptop again. And maybe a pair of shoes. (I keep several pair of shoes at work because I generally don’t wear dress shoes anywhere else.) So I’ll be loaded down like a pack mule going home tonight. I won’t be around to do my workout at the FC tomorrow, so it looks like another week where I only get one cardio workout at the FC. I have to try and make that up at home.

Better finally get this posted and get some work done. Have a good day all!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #198  

Hey Annie! Glad you're back, and thanks for making me smile!!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #199  
Annie - Indiana

Hey girls....thanks for the cheers.....sometimes it is just easier to shut up about life rather than gripe on about it.....

I applied for another position within Humana. I am being considered, but don't know anything other than that. If I should get it I would have to spend a week in Louisville for training. That might not be so bad.

Not much else going on here.....

Love and Hugs
Old 09-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Will the new position pay more? OOOh a week in Lousiville sounds good. I haven't been there in a long while. My sister's grandchildren lives there, Glad you are in better spirits.

Mel
I on't blame you for not cooking. I've done well in planning my menu's for the week. I'm proud of myslf for not stopping at fast food places this week.

Michelle
Glad the shots are giving you relief and good for you in relaxing this weekend. One of the reasons I didn't get a new car last week end is that I'm enjoying a car with out payments. General maintenace can be costly though.

Shad and Laura

I've been cleaning the stairwell windows and my shoulders are a bit tired. I need to be ten foot tall to reach the ceilings. I'd like to get those monster cobwebs down. They have forbidden me to get on a ladder so that's out of the question. This is day 3 out of 5 for this week which means some ovetime.I've decided to put this money into my Christmas club account. I really need a new washer and dryer. I'm thinking that the water pump on the washer is going out as ther's water on the floor after each use and I can only dry 3 item's at a time in the dryer. Labor and parts will probably be enough to buy a new one.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #201  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I'LL BE GONE MOST OF TOMORROW. FOOD SHOPPING AND JEN AND THE OFFICE. A FULL DAY FOR SURE.
I'VE BEEN CLEARING OUT CLOTHES AND ANYTHING I HAVEN'T USED THIS YEAR SO FAR. FILLED A SMALL BARREL AND JOHN JUST DRAGGED IT AWAY.
I EVEN DID MY EXERCISES.
NOW FOR A BREAK AND I THOUGHT I'D COME BACK AND SEE WHAT YOU CHICKS ARE UP TO.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY TOMORROW

ANNIE....SO GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE TODAY. THOUGHT OF YOU OFTEN...TOO BAD I DIDN'T THINK THE WAY YOU DO...WE COULD HAVE SAVED 3 PAGES OF MY BIOTCHING! SENDING A HUG AND HOPE YOU GET THE NEW POSITION IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT

MICHELLE...GLAD THE 2ND ROUND OF SHOTS WENT OK BUT SORRY THE WEEKEND HAD SOME PAIN INVOLVED. DOPPLER DID SO WELL WITH HIS SURGERY THAT I SHOULD GO AND CHECK ON MINE I THINK I NEED SOMEONE TO DRAG ME TO THE VET...I MEAN THE DR. HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE ROCK HUNTING...I AM JEALOUS!!

LAURA...YOUR WEEKEND ENDED UP BEING GREAT! IT ALL SOUNDED WONDERFUL.....AND THE TORTILLAS TOO! YUM!MADE ME DROOL IT'S GOOD THAT D IS SETTLED NOW. GOOD LKUCK WITH THE CONFERENCE. TOO BAD I LIVE SO FAR AWAY...I'D MEET YOU AT THE TRAIN AND SCHLEP ALL THE JUNK HOME FOR YA! EVERYONE HERE HANGS THEIR BAGS ON MY HANDLES IN THE BACK SO I CAN LUG THEIR STUFF UP TO THEIR APARTMENTS MEL'S TAXI.
GOOD TO HEAR THE FOOT IS DOING OK TOO. NOW DON'T GO TORTURING IT!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-20-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #202  
Happy September

CEEJAY....YOU SNUCK IN THERE!! GOOD IDEA ABOUT THE CHRISTMAS CLUB!! NEW WASHER AND DRYER WOULD BE A REAL TREAT FOR YOU. NO MORE LEAKING!! GLAD YOU DIDN'T GET ON THE 10 FOOT LADDER...I GOT DIZZY JUST READING ABOUT IT HAVE A SUPER DAY TOMORROW!!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #203  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Well this has just managed to stuff up my day and it has hardly started yet.
This was on facebook, 3FC site. 3 Fat Chicks On A Diet! One man is going to try to use temporary insanity due to too much caffeine from soda and energy drinks as his reason for killing his wife. Is this a legitimate defense?

I'm am thinking that I might just delete this contact from my facebook. It's got nothing to do with food, dieting and success with weight loss and everything to do with giving a complete d*ckhead publicity for something for which he should be put to death. For the life of me I will never understand the legal system for trying to win at all costs and to trample the truth in the rush for the silliest defence plea.
Okay - end of rant.

Mel - sounds like you and I have been doing the same sort of thing. I've chucked heaps of clothes, shoes and rubbish that I have been hoarding for years yesterday. Lucky DS2 didn't sit still for long or he might have got chucked too.
Tell Richie that the best money these days is to be found in the dirtiest menial jobs. Everyone wants to be a model, singer, it genius, or CEO of a company within a week of becoming employed. So keep on, keeping on, do a good job and be pleasant to all the *******s. He'll get work. Just got to keep a strong stomach.

Ceejay - new washer and dryer is good. These days they only have an eight to ten year working life. They are only warrantied over here for 7 seven years now.

Laura - Sounds like a busy weekend for you. Glad you enjoyed it and had fun. No doubt we will catch up on facebook again some other time.

Michelle - good to hear that the back is feeling better. I hope you enjoy your time away searching for geodes. Fossicking is fun.

Annie - good to see you back again. How did the dinner go? Good luck also with the job. I hope this doesn't mean that you get to do 3 jobs - 2 for humana and 1 for CVS. You'll be a walking zombie.
Loved the story of the Grandson. Can just imagine a little one saying those things.

Well better go. I'm on a roll with the house cleaning and clearing. Now I have to get this room ready for Chris. So today will be busy as well. Gym first and then work. Then I suppose I had better get onto finding some work for me.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #204  
Annie - Indiana

Shad you are such an inspiration with the gym first every morning then all the work you do around your house.....I have two closets that need some serious attention, maybe if I put you in charge it would get cleaned out.

Chelle..sorry your are in pain, but maybe the end results will be better. keeping fingers crossed for you my dear. Glad ole Dop is doing so well.

MEL...wow I am ever proud of all your accomplishments lately....exercising and cleaning out and getting rid of....rock on.

Hey to everyone else, I can't go back to previous page without losing this post....don't want to start over...

Came home from CVS starved for real food and not junk so made a mexican omelet. Was quite yummy, ate the whole thing, except the bite that Hella begged off of me. The little wench. Finishing up a short bloody Mary then hitting the hay. Hope I can sleep tonight as I am so tired. Sometimes when I am this tired, I play h*ll getting any rest at all.

I am finding it hard to hold my tongue when ppl p*ss me off or rub me the wrong way. I think the full moon and halloween around the corner has me being wicked ahead of time. lol

Have a great night sleep and wonderful day, Shad.

Thank you for all your concern, I feel like such a with all my beeaching, whining and whoa is me.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nothing new going on in my corner of the world. Back later.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #206  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday ladies!

I'm so happy it's my Thursday! Just gotta get through today and tomorrow and then I'll have a lovely 4 day weekend! I realized last night that even though my back was just a little sore off an on during the day...I had taken NOTHING for it. Not prescription meds, not even Aleve...and I didn't use my TENS device. So overall, that's pretty darn amazing!! I just popped a couple Aleve though to try and get rid of the migraine I woke up with. Why the crap am I getting migraines so often? I haven't had frequent migraines like this in years! Go figure, I get one issue nearly fixed and another pops up. I have PT at lunchtime today, and they'll be doing traction, which means I'll be using the TENS device this afternoon.

Doppler has a follow-up appointment with the vet today. I, of course, hope it goes well, and I also hope that we can cut back on some of Doppler's eye drops. I feel guilty about saddling DMIL with his medication regimen for 4 days. I just hate to impose on people.

While we are out of town on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I'll have to work to make the best possible food choices on the road. DH is planning on taking advantage of the hotel's free continental breakfast while we're out of town, and then eating lunch at the end of the day. I don't know how to break it to him, but....I need to be sure and have protein in the morning and not just sugar-spiking carbs, and I'll need to eat something at mid-day to keep my blood sugar steady.

Annie - I loved your "Never Lose Your Grandson" post. Hysterical! Best of luck with the other position! I hope you get it, if it's what you want. And I hope you got a good night's sleep last night. Too funny about the full moon and Halloween causing you to be "wicked". I think Doppler being on Prednisone eye drops is causing me to eat more and be more beotchy...of course, it could be all the steroids they pumped into my spine on Friday. I'm waiting for my spine to get all muscle-bound, and 'roided up.

Laura - That's way cool that your bf helps friends/family purchase cars. Glad you had a good time at the Bobby Darin tribute. I used to get frustrated about all the stuff I didn't accomplish each weekend...but since my back has been bothering me, and I've been sidelined due to the shots...I now congratulate myself for getting the absolute necessities done. And when I have more energy/time and less pain, I'll do more. I totally understand about the difference between Biz Casual for work and Biz Casual for a conference. I have a limited wardrobe that fits, and therefore, I'm not that fashionable at work.

Ceejay - Good for you for planning your meals and not stopping at fast food. Great idea to put your overtime pay into your Christmas club account. It sounds like you could use a new washer/dryer.

Mel - Hope you're having a productive day shopping and at the office. Don't overdo it, my worldly sista friend. I need to clear out clothes too. I have a core set of clothes that I wear over and over, and I don't ever really touch the other stuff. I need to either donate it or at least put it in totes in the basement to free up space in my closet. I think you, Shaddie and Laura are our exercise , but I hope to be reclaiming the crown (or at least sharing it with y'all) by next month.

Shad - I didn't see that stupid defense on the 3FC FB. I wish I could bring you over to my house to help with clearing. Sounds like you're doing a great job and getting lots accomplished at your house. If you go to Indy to help Annie, I don't live that far (just a short plane ride or a few hours drive), and you could stop and help Laura get even more organized on your way north. When does Chris arrive?

I'd better sign off for now and get some stuff done. Ciao bellas.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #207  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...hope you are feeling great for you mini vacation and get to rock hunt. What do you do with the rocks you find? Do you have a rock garden? Just curious. I, myself love rocks, all my flower beds and trees are surrounded by rocks, then I have a rock bed leading out to the driveway. THat is where all the gnomes congregate. lol

Have fun on your vacay.

Be safe, love and hugs sista.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #208  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - I hope you're having a great day!! We do use the bigger rocks we find as beautiful borders for our gardens. We have rocks that have HUGE crystals, rocks with cool fossils, and after this weekend geodes to add to the collection. When we find smaller rocks, like the agates we found in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan or DH found in California, we use a rock tumbler to polish them and place them on shelves indoors for decoration. We also have a friend who makes jewelry...so we pass some of the smaller, more gem quality rocks on to her. We also have clear glass vases, and rather than use the colored glass "marbles" in them, we use beautifully polished agates.

1/2 hour left of work today (then taking Doppler to the vet), and 1 more day of work tomorrow, then a fun vacay.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #209  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Got a letter from the Doctor the other day asking me to come back and see him within 4 weeks. So I will toddle down there today and decorate his waiting room only to be probably told that the sugar levels are up 2 points or whatever. This really annoys me. But today, I shall not allow anyone to really bug me. I shall remain calm and focussed on Chris's visit which will do more for my blood pressure than any medical waiting room or job recruitment person.

Speaking of recruitment - yesterday I got turned down for a job because I did not have enough experience in Team Lead roles. How many team lead jobs have I had??? 4? 5? and most for the company which I was interviewing for. The recruiter was amazed, I just laughed. I've got to the point where I don't care and certainly don't take it personally.

So today I must get into the spare room and clean out the clutter, dust and sweep and change the bed. Then I need to decide where to put the air conditioners that DS2 has stored in there prior to installing them in the bedrooms. Bloody big boxes. Heavy too.

Annie - I'm not such and inspiration. You ought to hear the self talk before the event occurs. There is a real conscience war going on here between me and me. I'm done for the week now. I have decided not to push it too hard since I am not as young as I used to be and it is taking longer for the body to recover so 4 or 5 times a week will be it. Speak your tongue - we are allowed to be eccentric at times.

Michelle - how nice to be going away for the weekend. I hope you have a wonderful time and can sort out the food wrangle. I'm sure you will. Doppler will be fine with the mil.
The only rocks around here are in my head!

Ceejay - life being quiet over your way is it? Well that is better than the noisy neighbours and revving cars.

Mel's gone off with Willy shopping and Laura hasn't managed to get in - maybe she is on a conference or something.

And of course Happy is get laid back in New Hampshire or somewhere.

Okay - time to get on the bike and go visit the bl**dy doctor. See you later.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #210  
Happy September

BY THE TIME YOU ALL READ THIS IT SHOULD BE WEDNESDAY MORNING
I'M POSTING TONITE AS THERE WON'T BE TIME TOMORROW. THE MEETING IS THURSDAY AND THE OFFICE NEEDS HELP SO OFF I GO IN THE AM.
I WENT FOOD SHOPPING, HAD A SMALL BUT SIGNIFICANT PANIC ATTACK AND BOUGHT NEXT TO NOTHING OF ALL I NEEDED. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING IN THERE FOR 1 1/2 HRS BUT I CAME OUT WITH A LOT OF TV DINNERS AND LOADS OF TOILET PAPER WTF!
I KNOW IT'S BEEN THE STRESS OF FINANCES AND WHATNOT AND ALSO THIS LEFT HIP IS KILLING ME ON AND OFF. ANOTHER...WTF!!!
NOTHING NEW HERE. JEN & RICHIE ARE DOING OK AND MORE AT EASE. I CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE SO I BEST GET ON WITH MY EVENING
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!!

SHAD....I COULD CHUCK OUT HE KIDS AS WELL IF THEY'D FIT INTO THE GARBAGE BIN! WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT FOR FACEBOOK!! JESUS!! DELETE THAT 3FC CONNECTION!! LOL HAD A LAUGH AT THE TURNED DOWN JOB THING...DO THESE COMPANIES EVER LISTEN TO EACH OTHER?? GOD HELP US. DON'T THEY KNOW YOU'VE ALREADY DONE JOBS OF THAT SORT FOR THEM ALREADY?? GEEZ!! GET THAT SPARE ROOM CLEARED OUT AND PUT AN AIRCON IN IT...I MIGHT JUST HAVE TO RUN AWAY FROM HOME ONE DAY SOON!!

CEEJAY...HOW IS YOUR CORNER OF THE WORLD....STILL QUIET??? SAVE ME A SPACE THERE TOO!! I COULD LEARN TO LIVE WITH QUIET!!!

MICHELLE....FIRST...HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME AND BE HAPPY THOSE 4 DAYS. SECOND...THE MIGRAINES MIGHT BE GETTING TRIGGERED OFF FROM THE TRACTION...DON'T FORGET EVERYTHING IS BEING ALIGNED ETC. LOTS OF MUSCLES HAVE BEEN KEEPING THE BONES OUT OF THEIR RIGHTFUL POSITION. SENDING A HUG YOUR WAY PLEASE TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF SO YOU CAN HAVE FUN!!

ANNIE....YOU CAN COME HERE AND BIOTCH ALL YOU WANT I AM GETTING LIKE THAT TOO. TRY NOT TO HURT ANYONE TILL THE FULL MOON AND THE FALL EQUINOX IS OVER WITH. I WAS CONSIDERING DANCING UNDER THE FULL MOON NAKED BUT AFRAID I'D RUN OVER MY BOOBS DRAGGIN IN THE GRASS!!!
ALL KIDDING ASIDE...YOU HAVE HAD A TOUGH TIME OF IT FOR A LONG TIME NOW. LOTS OF STRESS ON TOP OF STRESS. I WON'T MAKE A LIST BUT YOU KNOW ALL I MEAN. I THINK YOU HAVE BEEN A STRONG WOMAN THRU IT ALL AND NEED TO GIVE YOURSELF A LOT OF CREDIT FOR TOUGHING IT ALL OUT ALONE (SO TO SPEAK)
SENDING YOU MUCH LOVE AND HUG

TO LAURA AND HAPPY WHEREVER SHE IS!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-21-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Closed Thread