Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #121  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Well here I am at work sitting watching the clock tick over. Still nothing to do although I might be able to teach myself some reporting stuff if I try hard. Have a meeting with the manager at 12.00 to discuss terminating my contract. I hate to do things like that but what is the point of sitting in my office for 8 hours a day talking to no-one but the walls and doing nothing but watch my fellow man and of course the river.

Ceejay - hope the stomach thingy has gone away.
We had Neil Diamond out here a while back. I didn't go to see him since I'm really not that much into crowds and trying to get into and out of venues here is a real rat race, and anyway it was in Sydney, but the concert shown on TV wasn't too bad. Darn sight better than the reviews of Whitney Houston's revival tour. I like music, but I am not so into it that I would spend the $100s necessary to get to and from many of these shows. Not all of them come to Brisbane because of the smaller population and venues.

Annie - sorry I missed you on facebook. We will catch up again. I managed to catch Patty - oneday at a time - for a bit of a chat later. I worked hard at the gym, 20 mins on the bike (oh my aching butt) and 20 minutes on the treadmill doing random levels and then some time on the weight machines upstairs.
Glad to hear you have had a good weekend.

Mel - Back in the kitchen again??? I've been doing some tossing of the plastics cupboard. I had so many that everytime I opening the cupboard doors they all fell on top of me. So the odd shapes and sizes are in a plastic bag out in the verandah waiting for me to take them to the recyclers.
Glad you enjoyed the mango martini story. Life is picking up for them over there. That persons house is condemned. It has shifted off the foundations - hence no sewerage. They do have water and power. At some stage they will have to leave the house and have it demolished and rebuilt, but for the time being they can live in it but the loo is one of those portaloo contraptions out in the street. The council has put them there rather than try to take the people out of their homes and risk looting and crime. It's amazing how well most of them are coping. The aftershocks are lessening, but no less frightening. One old lady said that as long as she had breath she would laugh and love as per normal, because there was no future in the other way. Most of them have the philosophy that you have to laugh or you'd permanently be in tears. Got the oldies through the war years, guess it will get them through this. We are a tough bunch.

Happy - what a pain that owner closed the cabin. I hope that the new one will have good things going for it. Where exactly are you going that it takes so long to drive? Mum will be pleased to have her chickie home for a short while.
I love my footy. I don't always see all the mistakes and errors, but that ref on Saturday didn't see them all either so I don't feel so bad. I watched some of the after match interviews and was less than impressed with the Aussie captain who seemed to think they were hard done by as far as the Ref went. When you look at the stats, I have a feeling the ref was playing for them. Funnily enough I believe that if the ref pings one side for doing something he considers inappropriate, then he should also ping the other side as well. Something that the Aussie captain failed to take into account. Bah humbug never mind. Last work on the subject is that over the entire Tri Nations tournament, the only times that any of the players got into real physical stuff (ie throwing the odd punch or two) is when the Aussies were losing. Strange that.

Aaah well, I got into work an hour and a half late this morning and still no one else is here. I'd better go sort out last weeks time sheet and get my ducks in a row for the meeting at lunchtime.

Seeya
Old 09-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #122  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

A little bit of good news coming out of Canterbury for a change.
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/rick...-quake-3774100
Old 09-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #123  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hmmmmm....Sunday evening and ANNIE is posting both days on the weekend. She must me sick...lol

Happy...tell you what...you can come and camp out in my back 40 (the flatland beyond by back fence on the retention pond). Your DH can fish to his hearts content. You will have all the modern necessities of the loo, kitchen and laundry. I would love for you to come and hey, you could even have a bedroom or two if so desired.

Shaddie...you are already off to work...I am getting ready to head to bed. Do they have anything defined for you at the job or are you still entertaining yourself?

MELLIE...GO COLTS...whatever. They sucked. Texans beat us by 10 points, I hope this is not what is to come for the season. That is like only the 2nd time the Texans beat us in the last 15 years.

Heys to everyone out there....

I went to a baby shower for a friend of my DDs. It was a hour and half drive south of us in Bedford Indiana. The friend is so cute preggers, only thing preggers on her is her little bellie, looks like a small watermelon. She is so adorable. Her 5 yr old, Braylie is such a sweet little child and so well mannered. Courtney has done such a great job with her. Courtney was ony 17 when Braylie was born. Amazing.

Not much else going on. MI (boss free) this week. YES!!!

Have a marvelous Monday everyone....

love and hugs,
Old 09-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
The stomach thing is getting better. Still not sure what it was. I see your egg light on. What a cute little kiwi!

Happy
Are you going to the New England states? I've noticed this week end that some of the maple tree's are beginning to lose it's color at the top. Also saw rag weed and golden rod.

Annie
I'm half way listening to Joel Osteen. Didn't know that he had a brother who lives in Little Rock, AR. who is a surgeon. The week end sounded nice.

Mel
I need to start putting some money back into my strong box. Will also say a prayer for Ritchie. He need's a break.

I've had a good week end. My aunt and uncle's dil made dinner last night which was a nice treat. There's something going on that I don't know all the details but I'm thinking that my aunt and she has had a falling out about the kids not going to her choice of schools. The school that my aunt wants them to go to is a private school that cost's money for tuition. I try to stay out of that part. I love her grand children and they always make a point to come to visit me. They were all excited about the new school. I didn't ask for information, they volunteered. To tell the truth they have more opportunities at this school. Their grandson is playing football, probably on the b team and their grand daughter is in beginner's band, learning the flute. They are both happy. My aunt is really displeased. She is also displeased that her dil is taking her daughters and one daughters friend to a concert. She wants to know where the money is coming from. Da, they don't pay tuition any more.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi Annie
you were the sneaker inner today.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #126  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Going to be a long day for me today. I got to bed late (my fault) and then DH was having a snore fest all night long. No matter where I moved him he was going gangbusters. I woke up at 4:45 am and could not fall back to sleep again. Going to take extra coffee to get through the day.

Ceejay - I always read articles about suggested places to retire. New Hampshire keeps hitting the top of the list for retiree friendly. Even though DH is from the east coast I have not been up that way. It's hard trying to find the next place to settle down. Glad your tummy is feeling better and you had a nice dinner despite the underlying drama.

Annie - have a nice week bossless. How is the new arrangement working out? Tolerable? At least the job is still there. For now. May come a time when I ask to pitch the tent up in the back 40 - at least I know if I accidently start the place on fire I'm not too far from water Might be cold in those Indy winters tho. Thanks for the offer!

Shad - sorry to hear you have ended your contract early. It sounds like they rarely are prepared to bring you on board and if they are, you need a month more than they give you. Hope the next job is right around the corner. Are things slowing down on the work end with rollouts and such? That's great news about the little kiwi bird. Kind of amazing - no matter what disaster happens births keep coming. As for our vacation we are headed up to the northern border of the United States. Probably a few hours drive from Canada if I stop to look. Can't go touch that border as I don't have a passport and would have to bed down with Madcat. Hence the long drive. Quite chilly up that way - have to go pull out my winter clothes. Just as long as it doesn't snow. Cousin said we will probably hit the colors (trees) quite nicely.

Good morning Mel. Saw something on TV yesterday that was based in NYC. Looked kind of dreary out that way. Hope some sun comes your way to warm and dry you up. Prayers and fingers crossed for Richie. They have to do something about drumming up some jobs in this country. I fear for what's going to happen in November with all the nut cases and zealots running around trying to upset the apple cart and torch everything without thinking about the ramifications. We might all have to relocate to Shad's side of the pond

Michelle - I have the feeling you are already hard at work at this early hour of the morning - God love yah. How's the back holding up? Catch any fish this weekend?

Laura hope you had a nice relaxing weekend to do what you wanted to.

Here we are half way through September already. The year is flying which amazes me as to why retirement never seems to be around the corner - always at a long outstretched arm off Anyway 3 pay checks (I get paid once a month if you can believe that archaic system) until that time of year with the holidays that Shad will me if I say out loud and will get a double whammy from Michelle if I talk about a certain kind of preciptation common to that holiday.

Guess if I'm up this early I can get to work earlier and get the day over with sooner. Have a good one - Happy Monday chicks.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:39 AM   #127  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS
I AM GLAD THE WEEKEND IS OVER...CAN YOU BELIEVE I SAID THAT?? BUT IT WAS FILLED WITH ALARMS AND COMPLAINING PEOPLE. AND ALL BULL CRAP TOO.
SO....ON TO ANEW WEEK. I AM GOING DOWN TO HAND IN REPORTS AND EXPLANATIONS. THURSDAY IS OUR SENIOR BBQ. THE SENIORS WERE COMPLAINING THE LACK OF HOUSING FUNDS AND AT THE LAST MINUTE THE TOWN OFFERED TO PAY FOR IT.....NOW THE SAME PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING IT WILL BE TOO COLD. YOU JUST CAN'T WIN
THANKS FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS FOR RICHIE...HE STILL HAS NOT HEARD ANYTHING.
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY/TUESDAY

HAPPY...SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT TH CANCELLATION. GEEZ...THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE. I AM GLAD YOU FOUND SOMETHING ELSE TO YOUR LIKING. YOU'RE BETTER OFF WITHOUT THE INTERNET!!! HOPE YOU BOTH WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!

HAPPY...PART 2....I SEE YOU SNUCK IN BEFORE I COULD GET THIS RE-POSTED...HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY AS WELL!! ENJOY.

SHAD...THE OLD LADY IS RIGHT. HER WAY OF THINKING HAS MAINLY GOTTEN ME THRU MY OWN YEARS. WHAT'S THE SENSE OF CRYING EVERY DAY. IT DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING. I FEEL FOR THE PEOPLE WITHOUT THE LOOS....BUT STAYING THERE IS BETTER THAN THE LOOTING....THAT'S A GREAT IDEA. I ONLY HOPE THAT THEY GET THE HELP THEY NEED AND REBUILD. WONDER HOW MANY MARTINIS IT WILL TAKE TO GET THE HOUSE DONE!! TOO BAD ABOUT THE JOB AND NOT HAVING ENOUGH TO KEEP YOU BUSY. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY??? ESPECIALLY NOWADAYS WHEN THEY SAY EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS?! CRAZY!

ANNIE...OHHHHH....A NEW BABY COMING SHE DOES SOUND CUTE. WHICH REMINDS ME...HOW IS YOUR BABY BOY?? I BET HE HATED LEAVING ALL OF YOU AGAIN TO G BACK. AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT YOU WERE DOING POSTING ON THE WEEKEND!! NOTHING BETTER TO DO????

CEEJAY...SOMETIMES PEOPLE LIKE YOUR AUNT FEEL THEY KNOW WHAT IS BEST....AND WE CANNOT ALWAYS PLEASE THEM. GOOD THAT YOU STAYED OUT OF IT I AM HAPPY THE KIDS LIKE THEIR ADDED ACTIVITIES AT THE SCHOOL. THAT'S WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT... LEARNING FUN STUFF TOO. HOPE THEY ALL LIKED THE CONCERT!! THE FAMILY SHOULD BE HAPPY WITHOUT THE TUITION...GOOD FOR THEM.

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-13-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:40 AM   #128  
Choose your hard

Hey Mel - I was going to mention - have you noticed that Hurricane IGOR is out in the Atlantic flirting with you?
Old 09-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #129  
Choose your hard

Mel - I would not have the patience to put up with those crabby old people. I can only hope that 25 years from now it's not Jen complaining about YOU
Old 09-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #130  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone,

Quick post today as I'm typing this on my phone. 3FC is now blocked at work!

Doppler is doing well and has a follow up appt this afternoon.

DH and I worked hard on Sat. But we got all the downed tree limbs into wood chips. Yesterday, we relaxed and watched football.

I'll write more tonight.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #131  
Happy September

COULD IT BE THAT OUR SWEET AND DEAR HAPPY IS TALKING ABOUT CHRISTMAS SNOW?
Old 09-13-2010, 07:58 AM   #132  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone,

Quick post today as I'm typing this on my phone. 3FC is now blocked at work!

Doppler is doing well and has a follow up appt this afternoon.

DH and I worked hard on Sat. But we got all the downed tree limbs into wood chips. Yesterday, we relaxed and watched football.

I'll write more tonight.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-13-2010, 07:58 AM   #133  
Happy September

IGOR!!!! ROFLMYASSOFF!!! I HEARD IT LAST NIGHT BUT DIDN'T REMEMBER OLD IGOR!! HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN!?!?!

can you believe that i have listened to cranky seniors for 23 years???

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-13-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 AM   #134  
Happy September

PS TO HAPPY....I TOLD JEN TO GET A GUN!!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:39 AM   #135  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

What a glorious day in the neighborhood. Sun is shining the weather was only 55 degrees, a little cool on the ride in but have not given in to the heater just yet.

Joel Osteen Friday night, worked CVS 9-5 Saturday. Went to an open house of a friend on Saturday night. Sunday all day at baby shower. Had to come back to Humana to rest.

Shad...Richter is such a cute little Kiwi. I want one. Too bad I can't adopt him. I don't know Shad about ending your contract....we all are looking for doing nothing and getting paid for it..lol Even if it does drive us insane.

MELLIE....yep a baby coming. Courtney is naming him Colton Christopher Alan, what a mouthful. I guess not any different than my Samantha Christine Carpenter. lol Baby boy is only in National Guard at the moment doing drill on the weekends. He has a few more months before he has to decide to either stay in National Guard or go full Army. Either way he will most likely be deployed to Afghanistan. I am dreading that, but trying not to think about it or dwell. 23 years of listening to seniors b*tch...sounds like the 23 years I worked at RCA/GE/Thomson in design engineering listening to the WEIRD engineers. Don't know why I posted so much on the weekend cause this was one of my most busiest weekends ever.

Happy....If you come camp in the summer time we even have a swimming pool in our association. I don't usually go as I have a phobia about public swimming pools. Too many germs and crap. YIK.

Chelle....don't you just hate it when they block stuff at work. I keep thinking it will happen here soon. Everything else is blocked. Hope your day was great. How is your back feeling? How is Doppler feeling? Did DMIL have dinner ready for you the other night?

Ceejay...families need to quit messing in other's business. If they want your opinion they will ask for it. Auntie needs not to worry and be glad they are getting an education.

Laura...how was your weekend. Anything fun?

Guess I best get this J.O.B. going. Unlike Shaddie, I have work to do and DON'T want to do it. Maybe ship it to Shad??

Have a marvelous Monday,

Love and Hugs,
Closed Thread