Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #166  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning chicks! another sunny morning, a bit cool still, like high 40's but it will warm up to mid 70's! just finished doing The Biggest Loser Cardio, warm up and part 1 with Bob; then some Cathe abs. I will eat breakfast at work, as it is scrambled egg day and I load up on those babies I stay completely away from the table when it is pancake or French toast day.

Reda, I know you're probably doing alot of debating about the job offers!! best wishes!! Hi Tammy and Colleen!

My boots should come today! they are Red Wing, they are not as heavy-duty as my previous boots and I know that's a safety issue but my others were just So very heavy and clunky and clumsy-looking to me. These look much more streamlined but they do have the nonskid oil resistant sole.

I got a size 9, wide width. sure hope I like them! but Zappos has a great return policy so I won't stress about it.

well gotta shower and scrub my legs with the shower scrubbie, as I'm going to wear shorts once i'm at work, so need to put the L'oreal tanning stuff on when I get out of the shower. Have a great day chicks!
Old 05-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm still here...

Just haven't been posting...still feeling rotten about the forum when I'm not an active participant in the WL program. I'm holding my own though. I haven't gained any more, so I've still lost some from when I join you gals.

New plan. I know I have told you about my love for Saint Bernard's and that my momma dog, Mandy died last year. One of the pups from her first litter is in need of a temporary home. I volunteered to take him into our home for 2 months, and promised to walk him every night after work. That should be good for me mentally and physically.

Holly, you sound like you are shoe crazy! You should really be able to do some running now!

Reda, tell us about the job deal. It's amazing how much we are worth when there is any threat that we might leave huh!?

Tammy, soap operas sound dull in comparison to your true life! Sisters, kids, weather...hope things calm down for you soon.

I turned the furnace off again today. 60 degrees now, but tomorrow and Sunday it's supposed to be in the 90's around here. Go from heat to air conditioning in the same day!

This weekend is tree planting for us! We have ordered 82 evergreens for a border around 2 sides of our house. The tall skinny Emerald Green Arborvitae. That should be enough work (for me anyway), but we also have the siding available for our new shed and the old garage that will need to be picked up and put on. Not too sure about the getting it put on part.

Next weekend we are plannning to camp at our friend's place. We always have a good time. The weekend will be broke up a bit with graduation parties that we should attend.

You all take care and keep up the good work!

Colleen
Old 05-23-2010, 06:58 AM   #168  
Biker Chick!

good morning Colleen, you needn't feel rotten, you're our friend here whether your WL efforts are in full steam or non existent as mine were a short time ago!! I know I love to read your posts and I'm sure R and T do too. I hope you can get that 'temporary loan' of the pup!

well last night we had joined friends and were at a benefit silent auction to raise money for a bike rally; we had parked bikes outside the restaurant and the road is on a definite slant but we were parked closely but correctly; our friend visiting from CT went out to get something from is bike...he knocked down his bike, which fell onto mine and knocked it down...he came into the restaurant HOLDING A PIECE OF MY WINDSHIELD with the saddest look on his face..poor guy, and my poor bike I said I'd rather have a friend do it than a stranger who wouldn't have told me.

anyway, busted windshield, brake lever is bent to crap, and right footpeg kinda weird. I dont' know what my deductable is, and Mike said to immediately send him the bill...but he and his wife had been laid off from good jobs (lab pharmacists at Pfizer) and are on tight funds...feel bad about sending them a bill at this point. Brake levers don't cost much, but the shield was a Memphis Shades tinted , DH says he can source something not too much $ on the web.

so what would make me feel alot better, would be if we hear that we won some of the prizes last night

I did something I hadnt done in a LONG time last night, on the way home we stopped for gas, and I bought a snack cake thing. Bad me.

okay , it's beautiful out today, so I will ride my slightly crippled bike to work
Old 05-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hi Girls- sorry I haven't been on much but we have been so busy everyday night and all weekend cleaning and packing MIL stuff for auction and her move...... Haven't really had time to log on to computer much

Auction is Tuesday so alot of it will be done by then - thank goodness giving up alot of nice days for riding to get this all done

Oh and I did accept my the new job - current job did counter offer but I really had to weigh everything and being my own boss and having the flexible of my own hours and all is just way more appealing and well plus the $10,000 + quarterly bonuses----- I will be starting June 7th and I know it will be alot of hard work at first but I know it will all pay off in the end I am just going to look forward to the challenge

OK girls I will probably not be checking back in until after the auction is done so have a great start to your week
Old 05-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #170  

Default Puppy on the way

Okay, not really a PUP, but a 2 1/2 year old slobbering Saint! I'm still looking very forward to it! His owners are high profile, very busy people. Hopefully, the break from the routine will do them good as well.

Congratulations Reda on the new job! Who wouldn't want more $ and more time too? Good going! Hope the auction goes well.

Holly, sorry to hear about your bike. I bet you would have like to: Did you get your new boots? I like the way they look. Very cute!

What's new Tammy?

I'll check in later this week.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Sorry I have not posted in awhile. I have hurt my back somehow. Long story short..... I let someone work on my back and give advise that I should not have.
I have been vehicle shopping (full size 4 door truck) but decided to wait until I am out of my boot camp contract and tanning. I love my car, but it is not practical anymore.
My DS will be home in 7 days! Woo Hoo! For 3 days before he leaves the country.

Reda, Great news about the job! I wish you the very best!

Holly, I am soooo sorry about the bike. But, at least he was honest. I have a Memphis Shades on my bike and I like it better than the HD.

Colleen, ditto what the other ladies said.... it does not matter if you are active in a WL program or not..... we consider you a friend.

I have stories to tell, but I have to get busy. I will gab more later.

Tammy
Old 05-25-2010, 10:07 PM   #172  
Biker Chick!

Reda, CONGRATS on the job!

Tammy, sorry about your back! sure hope you're not in pain.

Colleen, lol @ the 'slobbering' Saint

I am finding it VERY challenging riding my bike without a shield! because I have a half helmet with no face shield, my face is at the mercy of EVERYTHING! and I feel like I'm getting blown off, feels like 500 mph instead of 50 I'm wearing foam ear plugs to help with the wind noise, that helps alot. Apparently DH has ordered some stuff and hopefully it will come soon and he can get it all on.

I weighed this morning...drumroll..it showed 149 I won't change my ticker until I see that number consistantly for a week!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #173  

Default Harley riding

The plan for this weekend is to go camping. DH is taking the truck and trailer, and I am to bring the Harley. I'm a little worried about that. So far I have jsut driven it around the block. I'm sure it will be fine. I just know that DH will KILL me if I was to dump his "baby" over in the gravel! I can picture me laying out on the ground in the middle of the road, with missing body parts, while DH comes to check out his bike for scratches and move it out of traffic!

The camper is packed with the essentials: Food, beer and wine coolers! There are no clothes, toilet paper, bug spray...anything like that packed yet. Can someone please tell me how we get so obsessed with food? Having a party--what are we gonna eat? Having company--what's the menu? Going out--where we gonna eat? EVERYTHING revolves around FOOD. No wonder I am in the shape I am. I love to do stuff with people, and it's always food that I worry about, and take charge of! For 4 days of camping, I have enough food to feed a small country! Hungry? Visit our campsite! There will be food. Chicken, steak, burgers, dogs, sausage, cheese, eggs, taters... I'm going to try the ziplock omlet bags where you put all of the omlet fixings in a ziplock and then in hot water over the campfire to cook. Sounds like fun to me. We'll see. Only 1 way to find out right?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #174  

Hello Girls - the auction went great and now just the moving part

LOL Colleen you are just to funny and the ziploc eggs they are good - we have done that several times while camping out

OMG Holly so sorry to hear about your bike - you know since DH got the Ultra Classic I have only rode mine twice but then the wind has just been extreme here lately...... I know your pain about the NO windshield thing because of course I don't have a windshield on my bike and it does wear you out alot faster- So have your gotten your new boots they look so cute and if so how comfortable are they?

Tammy so sorry to hear about your back... Hope it gets better real soon - glad to hear your DS will be home soon
We love our 4 DR Ford Pickup and haven't had a car for like 6 years as my company vehicle is a Chevy Colorado but my new company vehicle on June 7th is a Ford Edge - whoo hooo

Well I am going to get my bike out and go tan haven't had time to do that for quite some time so it is time to get started

I will check back in later- have a great night
Old 05-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #175  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post
I can picture me laying out on the ground in the middle of the road, with missing body parts, while DH comes to check out his bike for scratches and move it out of traffic!
you are too funny, Colleen!! and LOL too at having the yummy camping foods ready, but no clothes or tp Priorities, ya know! Well I agree that you have to have good food for camping, and you got that part covered. Hear ya about how celebrations revolve around food so much. Birthday party, all I think of is CAKE AND ICE CREAM. Picnic, and I think POTATO SALAD AND CHIPS. I know!

Oh my boots, yes I like them! they are definitely not as heavy-duty as my X-Element boots, but they are sufficiently sturdy. And SO easy to get on and off!!! only takes seconds. And they are lighter on my feet, feels so much better on the bike. So yes, a good decision!

Reda, congrats on all your families' hard work for MIL's auction. Must be a relief to have it over with , now for the move. Oh, your new company vehicle will be the Ford Edge, I saw one on the road the other day, real nice!!

Hi Tammy and

Okay I am slowly adapting to the no windshield if I wear foam earplugs, that helps..and I found a plastic bubble shield that snaps on to my half helmet, I feel like a riot policeman but it really helps.

OH!! good news!! the event we were at, when my bike fell over, it was a silent auction for a bike rally benefit? The kind of auction where the prizes are displayed, and a little box next to them, and you bought arm lengths of tickets (2 armlengths for $10) and you filled out your tickets with name and dropped them into the prizes you wanted? GUESS WHAT? I won...2 pounds of artisan coffee, which is nice...AND A LADIES' LEATHER JACKET! It looked like a nicely fitted one, one that nips in the waist , black with some ivory tube beads on it, it was kinda dark in that corner so I'm not really sure what it looks like, except that I wanted it!! I'm sure it's like a $200 value. I am psyched!!! If something else came out of that evening when my bike got bumped up, then I'm glad it was this good news.

If I have time tomorrow after work, then I will ride to where they have my stuff and pick it up and then I have to meet with Donny, our United Motorcyclist of Vermont Prez and we have to ride to Montpelier to check out the High School grounds , with the head custodian, to check out the facilities where our Toy Run will end up. It's a new space so we have to check it out completely.

Yesterday I went to the garden center and bought 40 pounds of potting soil, and lots of annuals for my deck containers...petunias, impatience, nastusiems ( I can't spell that word) pansies. And got them all potted up, and now I can have coffee on the deck at 5:15, it is totally light out and the birds are yakkin, I LOVE IT!!! love it love it love it!!

okay I have yakked enough myself, just totally in 'my element' now that it is warm, and light out early and late, and I'm losing weight, and riding, and in the job I love...why can't it always be this way

have a great night and I'll see ya tomorrow!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

First of all let me say I am sorry for being such a horrible internet friend here lately. I feel a bit better today. Not sure about next week, but I am taking it one day at a time.

I did not get the truck. The deal was good..... but right before I drove the awesome truck, I found out my son's g/f (the one deployed)'s dad is having to sell their family truck b/c they work and cannot get help with the hospital bill from him having colon cancer. So, this jolted me into reality...... what would I do if that were me? I should be thankful for what I have and not what i WANT. I mean, who in their right mind GIVES away a perfectly good car and pays someone $5500.00 to take it? If I made the trade that would be me.... I sooo want the truck, but I would be going up $150 a month in payment, $10 in insurance, and ??? in gas. So, I am keeping the monte carlo..... and I am grateful for it. I mean, it is not like that is my only means of transportation..... I have a 09 Harley in the shed.... I guess this means I am getting old b/c 10 years ago, that truck would be in my driveway today!

Holly, I am glad you are back in your element and that you are happier now. I can tell in your posts. I forgot to tell you but those boots are 'rockin! I am glad you won all that stuff! That is kewl.

Colleen, I hope you have a good time camping. You know..... I think of the same things with food like you do..... why does everything have to revolve around it? And, why is it the person struggling with food issues has to go shopping for it? Not fair!

CC, I hope you get to take a breather since the auction is done and you have decided to take the new job. you won't have to work early am like you did with your current job will you?

I am going to get off here. Again, sorry I have been MIA and have been a downer. I appreciate you all listening to me whine.

Tammy
Old 05-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #177  
Biker Chick!

good evening! and good to hear from Tammy, and you are NOT a downer! I guess that is a good decision about keeping your car...you made an adult decision

Oh...the leather jacket I won?...IT IS A SIZE 6 I can squeeeeeze into it...and I do like how it looks. Maybe i can get DH to get a pic. A good thing about it being so ...snug its that NO air gets in while i'm riding, as opposed to my other leather which is roomy and loose and it fills with air, making me like the Stay-Puffed Biker Woman

Lots to do at work tomorrow, but then an invite to a friend who is camping right at the lake by us! so it is less than a mile from us. They are going to have RedNeck Yachting which is floating chairs with a floating cooler. I hope the water isn't too cold!!

bought a few more annuals, and some sweet pea seeds, that I'll do as the trellis plant this year, instead of morning glories.

well time for bed, see ya tomorrow
Old 05-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #178  
Biker Chick!

good morning! not sunny here yet but think it's gonna be. Still 49 outside but feels warmer. Gotta get the courage to put the bikini top and shorts on this afternoon, first time of the season is always hard to reveal the goods. Though I did go walking in shorts the other day, that's always been a hurdle for me (butt-ugly legs, lol)

have a great one!
Old 05-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #179  

Hey girls only have a few minutes before we are off to another race this weekend He is still doing a great job and leading points at both tracks right now

Tammy great decision on keeping the car and forgoing the extra $'s right now- I bet you are just so excited about your DS coming home soon
Yes if I am without a manager with this job as well I may have to do some early mornings as well but these managers have all been around a while so hopefully nothing like that will happen to soon....

Colleen hope you are getting to enjoy your camping adventure

Holly you go girl size 6- I have never been able to wear a size 6 top since I was like preteen- you know the girls grew and just have never went away
the RedNeck Yachting sounds like a GREAT RELAXing time

Well girls have a great Memorial Weekend and hopefully not to much for ya
Old 06-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #180  
Biker Chick!

Happy June I fell off the wagon big time this weekend! ate plenty of picnic foods, drank beer, didn't work out 2 days. Back to the routine today.

Still waiting for my new windshield to be delivered, I didn't ride today because we got some much needed rain. Not sure of tomorrow's weather.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, no matter what you did!
Closed Thread