Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Weight Watchers

I'm not sure if it's what is for me, but there's only one way to find out right?! I joined, and paid a month up front. Seems expensive to just go to a meeting, and weigh in. I do like that I would have to be accountable to someone when I do weigh in though.

You girls are great! But when I'm naughty, nobody beats me up and kicks my tail back into gear. That's what I think I need! But not from DH--when he tries that I want to kick HIM in the tail right back! From him I want him to tell me he loves me no matter what.

My grandma is in the hospital. Not looking good. At 92, with Alzheimers, she has had a recent stroke, phemonia, and congestive heart failure. Amazingly though she has had some really good days, and has been talking more, and making more sense than she has in the last many years! Visiting her on my lunch hours, and after work has kept me hopping.

I have rediscovered the meals at the hospital are nutritious and CHEAP! Yesterday a salad and a pizza bread (more like pizza goo on a bun) was just 2bucks! Not too bad, and it gives me enough time to feed grandma.

I have reset my ticker, nearly back to the beginning. Here we go AGAIN...
Wish me luck!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #287  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning!!! gosh, when I don't check in daily, I miss out on alot of good conversations here

first, about me :rotfl: my bike needs a new starter button unit - only the starter button is needed, but you have to get the whole unit with the kill switch too...like $70, then I opted for expedited shipping...still gonna be days before it gets here. I'm trying to be a big girl about it

my cold - is still hanging in there. I wake up each morning with a slight sore throat which goes away by mid morning, then it's back by late afternoon. And my ears get that plugged up feeling. I know it's because I'm on the go-go-go and my days off have been - July 19 and yesterday! that's all! but it's summer and that's what happens.

and thanks to those who followed my moaning about my bike on Facebook, lol.

tymaboy - you are so lucky to thave that friend that knows bike, can work on bikes, AND show you stuff too, and you're smart enough to learn! I dont' know anything about wrenching. You just need more practice to feel better about your turns, and do remember - DON'T look at the ground right in front of where you're turning, look UP (think of bringing your chin up!) and through your turn , where you want to go. It sounds simple and worthless BUT it works!! Hope you got your water issue temporarily fixed by the yard digging.

Colleen - Nice new avatar pic!! lol @ 'pizza goo'. And bless you for visiting your Grandma so much, bless her too. I admit I am not good at 'kicking people's butt' but if that's really, really what you want...we will do that for you! too bad about the pump going, and very very sorry to hear of your friend passing. that is too young!!

Reda - I saw that you mentioned lately that your temps were 'only' 90, ugh, what have you been having? and I hope you had a nice supper ride the other night! and YAY to your son's racing!

Hi Tammy so...how much skin did show at the rally OH!! and about the fingernail painting idiot lady...I guess it is slight justice that she is getting some jail time, albeit 'nights only' or something like that. I do have the link for her son's website in his mother's honor if anyone wants it.

OH! listen to this. The idiot maintenance man at work, who no one likes or respects because we see him wasting SO much time daily (and he gets paid alot, it is so unfair) and he is just a gross person and is too dense to realize that we all abhor him (he tries to get into any conversation between us, you give him a withering stare and ignore him and he still doesn't 'get it') well he thinks he's a biker, last year he was freaking me out because he was going to local events where we were, and I did not want him to see me partying...ANYWAY - he pulled out right in front of me when I was riding to work last week!!! he did NOT look to his right to see that I was about 30 feet away and approaching. This was on work grounds so I was going only 25 mph on the dirt road and he was paused on a side road but still he did NOT look and just pulled out. I .... WAS .... FURIOUS!!!

as soon as we reached the building I pulled off my helmet and said, HEY, WAY TO GO FOR PULLING IN FRONT OF ME!

he said, huh? (he is mostly deaf which is so frustrating when you're trying to tell him off)

I said, you pulled out right in front of me!!

him - I didn't see you.

me - HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE ME?? HOW COULD YOU NOT HEAR

ME??
him - well, I am deaf, hahaha!

me - grrri!

him - sorry I pissed you off so early! (and he's grinning, with his horrible missing-tooth grin)

me - don't do it again!!!

and still this idiot acts like nothing happened. Girls, you know a dear friend of ours was killed in April because someone shot out of their driveway without looking and struck Mike on his motorcycle and killed him on impact . And I have just about declared war on inattentive drivers. In my spare time, I lobby for felony charges to be brought against them when they injure/kill bikers! and this piece of crap person even owns a motorcycle!!!

well thanks for letting me vent
Old 07-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #288  

Default Calm down!

Holly, 5:00 AM is WAY too early to start your day off in a rant! LOL! Hope it gets better through the rest of the day! Also glad that Numbskull pulling in front of you didn't cause an accident--just a scene! LOL!

You all sound as if you are very busy this summer. I'm thankful for my weekends off, and normal schedule.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend. Raining here now.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
tymaboy - you are so lucky to thave that friend that knows bike, can work on bikes, AND show you stuff too, and you're smart enough to learn! I dont' know anything about wrenching. You just need more practice to feel better about your turns, and do remember - DON'T look at the ground right in front of where you're turning, look UP (think of bringing your chin up!) and through your turn , where you want to go. It sounds simple and worthless BUT it works!! Hope you got your water issue temporarily fixed by the yard digging.
Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure if I look down at the ground or not. I will need to be more self conscious about it when I am out. I dont know how the roads are in your area but alot of the roads here there are little (& some big) metal lids ( man hole lids & smaller pipe lids) in the middle of the roads. These make me a bit nervous, I can see the bike slipping on one of those either due to oil or being wet. I have not gone out when the roads are wet yet. I was in a parking lot with a trickle of water threw it & felt my back tire slip when I went threw it. Part of the agreement for me to have a bike is that we need to learn how to repair it instead of paying a mechanic to do it. So at some point in time I will know the basics of it. I may not know how to fix my car but I will know how to fix my bike. After reading some of my posts you all are probably avoiding my area until I have a little more experience under my belt. :-)

From the sounds of it Holly you were a lot nicer to him then I would have been.

I couldnt wait to see if I lost inches this month so I measured myself this morning instead of waiting till tomorow. I lost 1 inch off my abdominals, 1.5 off both my waist & hips. I am also down 3 lbs from the beginning of the month. 3 lbs is not much but I am OK with that since I see that I lost some inches as well. That atleast shows me that I am making some progress. I told my DS on Wed that he had to go running with me today. I need him to push me to run the full mile. This week it has only been me & the dog & well the dog does not make it easy to run - too many smells & way to many things to piss on.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Colleen sorry to hear about grandma hope she is feeling better and weight watchers is a good program and yes having to weigh in front of someone will make you more accountable

tymaboy that is great inches are more important than pounds because thats what you will notice with the clothes - pounds are just an instant gratification

which reminds me I did lose 3 pounds this week so 2 more to go for my first goal here- I am thinking I will lose that this week as I am really watching what I eat

Holly that is crazy and for your co worker to be a biker and still not pay attention like that ....... we have been hanging in there at 90 but we have been over 100 with high humidity thanks to all the rain we have been getting we got another 5 inches of rain Thursday - friday morning everyones basements were flooded we got alittle rain but not flooded thank goodness

Well packing up our stuff today so we are ready to go Thursday have a great Sunday
Old 08-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #291  

Default Back in the saddle!

I'm losing some pounds. Again. Tuesdays are WW weigh ins. I'm kind of looking forward to as I have lost some weight! I think I will post the WW meeting official weigh in instead of the ones with me butt naked, in the morning, before I've had a drink, but after I pee, trying for a lower number! Don't lie to me!! You've all done that! I know you have. If not...me neither...I was just making that stuff up!

DH is in S Dakota on his cycle ride with a friend and friends brothers. With Sturgis going on there are no hotels! They are camping with tent and sleeping bags. Bet DH will appreciate that nice camper we have even more! Even though we haven't used it much this year yet. 2 times!

I'll check back tomorrow with progress.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #292  

Colleen oh ya I do the naked weigh in after peeing once a week.......
So where is DH staying at while in SD? Tenting has to be the pits right now it has been doing nothing but raining here of course we are extreme south eastern corner

Hi Holly, Tammy and Tymaboy hope you Monday is going good

2 more days and off on the bikes
Old 08-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #293  

Default cycle camping

Last I knew DH was at a KOA campground by Mt Rushmore. Then Sears called with "suspicious" activity on the credit card in Minnesota. Sears said the activity was in small $ amounts, mostly at gas stations in different states...I assured them it was okay--not to suspend the card. Turns out that DH's debit card quit scanning right, so he had to use an alternate card. He would have shot me if I would have suspended it and his cerdit card was denied! He'd be horribly embarrassed!

Co-worker brought in wedding left-overs for lunch yesterday and today. I was doing better eating at the hospital!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #294  

KOA in Rushmore is very nice- hope he is having a Great Time of which I am sure he is. You will have to ask him if he rode "Needles Hwy" and the "pigtails" these are very nice rides but windie. If you never been he will also then wonder where you found out about them....

great job eating well - it will work for you

Well off to work have a great day
Old 08-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #295  

Mt Rushmore is somewhere we always wanted to go. I usually weigh myself in the morning before I eat or drink anything as well. I forgot to hop on the scale the last few days but thats fine cuz I have not been eating the best the last few days & tonite wont be any better. I have a trainning class tonite & might be stoping at a fast food joint before going to it. Last I went for a ride. I am getting more comfortable with going faster. I can see when I get comfortable with it I will need to up grade the bike, it works hard at 50-55mph (only a 250) The one road is under construction that the last 2 times I've been out I have gone on it. I figure it is something I need to learn at some point. I think the 1 area they either just striped the road or added oil getting ready to black top it again. Either way it was slick & then it also had the grooves that go in the direction of trafic so I had the slick sliding feeling with the front end wobbling due to the grooves. I kept slowing down in that area & turned as soon as I could. I am hoping that a bigger bike I wont notice that as much. I dont notice how hot I am when I am out riding but when were done I notice that my clothes are damp. I am thinking of buying a new helmet- one that may not be so hot. After each ride I then go & hop in the hot tub - cant get any better then that.

I have thought about doing WW but I am cheap & dont want to spend the money for it. Plus my neighbor had tried it & said that her rep just kept trying to sell her stuff instead. She thought she worked on commission cuz of the way she pushed everything.

Hope everyone is doing good!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #296  

Default progress

WW says 4 pound lost.

I thought for the effort it should have been more like 30!

I'll keep working on it. I know I can do it--I just can't give up. It's so easy to give up, and revert back to old ways. I have a "fat" picture taken of me for my first week. I want to see if I can SEE a difference after a while.

Funny thing the WW lady said last night about desserts--"The last bite is gonna taste the same as the first, so there's no use going any further!" Also about party's--"You didn't pay for it, you didn't make it, it wasn't your time in it, you don't have to clean up from it, you don't have to eat it either!" Good thought.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #297  

Way to go Colleen 4 pounds is great

Tymaboy the grooves in the road well my bike (front tire) always like to follow those grooves so not sure that the size of the bike matters on that
but yes once you get more comfortable you will probaby want to get alittle bigger than a 250 and the do ride much more smoother

Well girls leave tomorrow so not sure if I will be able to check back in until the 16th when we get home so have a great week
Old 08-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #298  
Biker Chick!

HELLO!! Well Reda must be on her Sturgis trip by now lucky girl!!! I sure as heck hope there isn't a repeat of last year's terrible hail storm.

Colleen - woohoo and congrats on your losses already! OF COURSE I weigh with as little 'on' and 'in' me as possible

hi tymaboy! Oh boy that scarified pavement is NOT fun on a small bike. If (when) you had a heavier bike, with wider tires, it is not that bad. But I remember doing a long stretch on my starter bike and it was horrible and scary. Old people were passing me, I was going so slow I'm glad you're riding, because the number one thing to get better is to just ride everywhere.

Hi Tammy!! how the heck are you

I was without my bike for 8 days!! The starter button pooped out. I ordered one from BikeBandit, but even with expedited $hipping, I ordered it on Thursday morning early and it got delivered Tuesday early afternoon. Then I needed a new front tire and front brakes, and highbeam bulb replaced. Well it is all done now and this evening I spent almost 2 hours cleaning/detailing because we're meeting friends to ride tomorrow. I had to work doubly hard at work yesterday and today to get a Saturday off but it will be worth it I hope!

Our annual Toy Run is in one week, it will be our 24th (http://www.unitedmotorcyclists.org/) and with me being a new Vice President, I am gong to be expected to say a few words...to the approx 900 or so people in front of me I keep thinking that maybe I'll wear a midriff shirt so maybe they wont' be paying any attention to what the heck I'm saying
Old 08-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #299  
Biker Chick!

okay, re-reading my post about wearing a midriff shirt sounded totally vain, but there are much better tummies out there than mine I know, and I am totally NOT vain about my problem areas, they are never out for view

good morning! had a real nice day yesterday, weather was perfect, we first rode with our motorcycle group, went to a small bike show, met up with 2 other friends, then spent the day with them. So nice to see so many bikes out.

supposed to be another nice day today! OH this is great - when I rolled up to our meeting place yesterday morning, a guy I didn't recognize said , "hey it's the motorcycling woman who rides rain or shine through Morrisville every day" which was pretty good I said, "Hi, do I know you?" and he went on, "No, but I recognize you as the one who beeps and YELLS at the people who cut you off" I love it!

getting ready for work now, ttyl

Last edited by VermontMom; 08-08-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #300  

Good morning. Puring down rain here this morning. I was hoping that it would be nice so I could go for a ride. I didnt have a chance to yesterday when it was nice out. The Harley store had a mini Sturgis so there were lots of bike going threw town. When I see alot of bikes out I get a big yearning to be out with them. Wed. I had a training class I told my friend that I was going to ride the bike there. I was going to go solo but he was looking for an excuse to get his bike out as well so he rode with me & was there when my class was done. My class was done at 8:30pm I wish it stayed lighter out longer so we could have rode more. I am one of those that do not like driving at nite. The head lights play with my eyes.
Closed Thread