Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

No I did not make it out on the bike. My friend is a busy guy so even when he thinks he will have time someone usualy manages to call for something. DH got the heat hooked up on the tub so we sat in it for awhile instead. Its been cooler here so it worked well with trying the heat. This weekend it sounds like it will be warm & humid again.

I broke down & measured myself tonite, boy what an eye opener. I still had my measurments from 2008 & wow did I gain inches, my weight is a little lower. I need to get off my butt & start lifting weights again.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Girls- Just stopping in for a bit

Had Great Time this weekend but now we got home and have to get ready to leave for the races in about an hour

I will be so ready for bed tonight in my bed- sleeping in a tent isn't bad if you get to sleep but at this rally sleep is just not happening- you always have some guys that think they need to rev their bikes up with their pipes and then gets others doing it all night long shoot all day too. But again had a great time made it riding bi*ch with DH to check out how good the back seat will be for our Canada trip in exactly one week- it will work just fine

Tymaboy glad to hear hot tub is working great for you but so sad you are not getting your bike out much

OK better get going talk to you later
Old 07-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

CC, so glad you got home safely and had a good time.

Tymaboy, have you used that hot tub a lot? Sorry you are not getting out much on the bike.

Holly and Colleen, I hope you are well.

SO....... I did it.... I finished the 5k, I am still alive, I did it under 40 minutes, and I did not barf. I thought I was going to, right when we started, but after I got my breath I was ok. I wanted to finish in 36 minutes, but 40 was my "you have to make it by this time". I came in 11 out of 16 in my age division (my bootcamp instructor says not bad at all). Overall I was 220 out of 330. At first I thought I would NEVER do it again, not I am considering it. I don't want to do "rolling hills" again in the heat for quite some time. There was one hill that was brutal. All I could think of was my bootcamp instructor telling me "don't walk up the hills, it will kill your thighs". SO, I ran up them..... well, slow jogged. Lol. I am gonna change my profile pic so you can see me cross the finish line. If I figure out how to post the video I will post. YOu can hear my son cheering for me..... and also the bootcamp instructor telling me to pick it up at the finish line. Sorry for the view of the shorts.... now I know why girls wear their running shorts so short..... I had on my son's Army shorts.

Hope you all are having a safe 4th.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #244  

http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=288209 I used to live in this city & DH & I went there to visit some friends. On our way there all the emergency vehicles passed us. Listening to some of the people talking I am very glad I did not see it. The article is not as bad as what the story is we heard when we got there (TG) But it is still very sad.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:15 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Tymaboy, that is very sad. My prayers go out to the families and the injured. I am glad you did not have to see that at either.

Well, I am off to bootcamp and then to work. I won't be posting quite as much.... there is a new "ban" at work. We are having office issues to say the least. I am just going to sit in my office, do my job, and let the poop fly around me. It's a good thing I am getting to ride.... I may not be so pleasant about it otherwise. lol

Hope y'all have a good day.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #246  

Good morning! So glad to get back to the normal schedule. I did not make the best chooses this weekend. I broke down yesterday, DH & I went to Beechers for ice cream. The scale is down a lb from yesterday morning so that is better then I expected. It has been raining on & off since Sunday evening & is supposed to continue the next couple days. Yesterday is the 1st day that I have not hopped in the tub since getting it. DH got the heat working on it but now its hard to decide were to set it at. During the day we do not want it very hot but in the evening we want it warmer. I've had the itche to get the bike out this weekend but couldnt cuz of everything that has been on & now the rain. I did buy some soap to give it a good bath but I need to wait till it stops rainning to do that as well. It has collected quite a bit of dust sitting in the garage, I am thinking about getting a cover for it.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #247  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good afternoon!

Reda - welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time at the rally LOL @ the guy(s) who start to rev at like 2 or 3 a.m.! One starts, then others join in...sleep is not an option is it, haha! and then you're right back at going to the races How does it go with the person you had to put on suspension, about the stealing?

Hi tymaboy, that is sooo terrible about the horses/carriage stampede accident! how shocking. Prayers to that lady's husband and family and for all the injured children. Yes maybe a cover would be a good idea for you bike while it is waiting for you

Tammy - CONGRATS !!! WTG that is so great. Would love to see the video if you can post it! and sorry to hear you are being monitored or whatever at work for Internet...LOL @ just sitting and letting the poop fly around you

It is HOT here! we are so not used to heat so a heat wave is making us wilt. TG we have an a/c unit in the living room here, and one in our bedroom.

Oh jeez I saw the remnants of a bad car accident on the way to work. an SUV was almost wrapped around a tree, I hope to goodness that there was only a driver and no front seat passenger because it was destroyed in the passenger area. And this was a tree on someone's front lawn! I guess I'll hear on the news if it was a fatality. I sure hope not.

other than that, things are good I guess I'd rather have hot hot hot and sunny than cold and rain! We have another small rally this weekend, this one is right here in Vermont just about 20 miles from us, the Bear Bones Bash. I will be taking Saturday and Sunday off. My co-workers are fine with this, because I have everything covered; it's the officer manager that gives me grief. I guess she's teasing, but it gets tiresome. Like, "hey I'm sorry Linda that you're so important that YOU can't take off weekends; but I'm just a kitchen peon who can"
Old 07-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #248  

Wow yes prayers going out to both incidents-

Holly do you camp this next weekend with it being so close? I know we would have to because of the few drinks that we would have

To funny Tammy about letting the poop fly around hope things get better at work but we can wait to hear from you after work....

Yep this weekend again will be busy for us as DS races on Friday- Saturday-and Sunday so there goes another weekend
Youngest DS has now kept his job and is looking for a race car as well so that is what we have been doing with our time after work is driving all over looking thought we had one bought but then when they measured the roll cage it is not IMCA legal (they race at sanctioned tracks like Nascar)

I guess winter will be here soon enough for some relaxtion time and I am not pushing winter to get here at all just saying I do know it will come sooner than I want

Ok girls better get off here and get ready for bed- Have a great Thursday

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 07-10-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #249  
Biker Chick!

Hello chicks!! Reda yes we are camping, but because the place is only 23 miles away we made a quick trip home now to use our own bathroom and for DH to use computer to check work stuff. I can't believe we got our stuff together in such a short time yesterday after finishing work; we had done just about nothing to prepare all week due to work, meetings and the unbelievable heat wave (Mon. Tues. WEd. and Thursday 90 or higher) but we did and arrived at the campground at 7 pm; our friends helped us set up the tent/canopy and I had my first beer in hand at 7:02

The rain held off until around 11 pm; so we just got comfy for the night and it poured! This morning was just misty; we cooked breakfast and had coffee (HOORAY for electric and water hookups!!) and that's when DH and I left in the car together to come here (left his bike and trailer there) and there is a lot of rain here I really really wanted to take my bike back because of the rodeo games...I think it's supposed to clear up this afternoon but it means riding there in rain but I am a tough chick so I should do it right

It was funny, there is a DJ there that remembers us from the past 2 years; he spotted me last night and ran over and picked me up and spun me around he looks like he weighs less than me! so he must be strong

so I am blabbing alot all about me, hope everyone else is good!!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #250  

Happy Birthday Tammy- hope you are having a wonderful day

Hey Holly sounds like you are having a great time Did you take your bike back or leave it home? Isn't it amazing how those little guys seem to be so strong ......

Well I am trying to get laundry done today which is like 6 loads then maybe get the kitchen cleaned as that is first room in the house so it is the collect all for everything then off to the races again tonight

Hope everyone had a great weekend and a good week coming up

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 07-11-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #251  

Holly sounds like your having a good time. Hope your tent doesnt decide to spring a leak. We had a tent that we used all the time & after a few yrs it was bound to happen.

I have decided to give running a try with my DS. We went out & he helped pick out a pair of running shoes. I had to buy shoes cuz we have been having problems with our cats. Lets just say I was down to 2 pair of shoes for my everyday wearing (shape ups & slip on sneakers) Neither one I could wear to run in. I have to find a pair for riding the bike next cuz those are ruined as well.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:26 AM   #252  
Biker Chick!

good morning and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TAMMY!! I am sorry I missed it yesterday! (thank you Reda for not missing it! )

tymaboy, at first I didn't 'get' the cat/shoe connection but now I see I think it's great you want to try running esp. with someone.

Back home and doesn't it feel great to be in your own bed after camping??? ahhhh. I ate SO off plan it isn't even funny...and I can't remember when I last worked out. A week ago maybe??? So it is BACK TO THE ROUTINE for me.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 07-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #253  

I'm sorry Tammy I forgot to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you had a great day!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #254  

Went for my run today. It was rainning a little but we still went, figured if I didnt start today I would'nt start at all. I ran almost a mile. I know it doesnt sound like much but it is farther then I made the last time I tried running.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #255  

Great Job Tymaboy - a mile is a mile so be proud

Tammy what did you do for your birthday?

Holly I to have been off plan but today so far I have stayed on plan all day and need to stay that way till our Canada/Sturgis trip....

Well tomorrow is a busy day again and I have to get up at 4am so not staying online to long tonight have to get a few things done before going to bed- Have a great Tuesday
Closed Thread