Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Thank You every one for the great welcome!!!

I live a pretty boring life. I've been doing home daycare for about 3 yrs now. I graduated college in 2004 with 2 computer degrees then ran into the problem that no one was hiring unless you had experience. I have a 17 son that plans on joining the Marines when he graduated high school. Been married for 6 yrs (together for 10) I fought tooth & nail for my bike. I have wanted one since before I met DH but could not afford it then. It always made me made cuz he had a snow mobile & got my son one when he was 14yrs. To me bike is no more dangerous then those snowmobiles are. My neighbor is teaching/taught me how to ride. I looked into the safety class but the classes are not work friendly classes. 3 days a week starting at 5:00pm does not work for me or most of the jobs I have held.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:54 AM   #197  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

tymaboy, that is not a boring life I love not having things happen, it's better for me when everything just goes the way it should

here are the kewl skull bolts on my windshield! and my new windshield. can't really see the whole shield can you, but hopefully DH will take pics of my skull-tipped levers, and new Kury skull pegs. Also have the same bolts holding my plate.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #198  

VermontMom- Those look pretty cool.

I would like to put a windshield on mine but will probably wait till I out grow the 250 & get a different bike. I have the problem of being short (5'2) & read that with a windshield could be uncomfortable if its too tall & you end up looking at the area that it ends (not quite threw the glass or above the glass) I had that problem with the snowmobile so I would crunch down to see better then things just didnt look right. I think I would like one of the shorter ones that I can see over it but still pushes the air up over me.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:26 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Holly your bike is sooo kewl! My DS #2 would die for them.... but since he got his brothers HD he won't put the windshield on... you know he still rides for style not for comfort. lol.

Tymaboy, I had an 1100 Shadow for my first bike and I had that windshield problem.... well, kinda. I am almost 6foot tall, and built like an amazon, so the vision field was still off. It took a full shield to get it right for me. Since the 1100, I had an 08 HD Sportster Roadster, but traded it before DH and I went to Vegas to get married on them.

CC, I am sooooo glad you like your new job. Has your old one called you back yet, as hard as you work, I bet they will have a hard time replacing you.

Colleen, all I could think about this AM when I was walking Jake was how funny you are and imagining your rent-as-St. Bernard trading places. lol.

I need to get busy. Will gab more later.

Tammy
Old 06-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default stuff

WoooHooo! My refrigerator is finally in! We can pick it up this weekend. I ordered appliances in MARCH! Stove and microwave will be worn out by the time I get the fridge! Also we have our driveway in ($5000). It was finished yesterday. There ends the fun $ from selling the house when we moved! It's been fun! The spending spree is now over!

I asked for a local lady to meet with me about cleaning one a month for us. OMG!! What a mistake! She's crazy! Absolutely nuts! I couldn't just kick her out...but I wanted to! She babbled on and on about stuff like Harry Potter, witches and wizards--how she loves them. She quoted scriptures from the bible, and talked about evolution...told me about the migration of Indians, about Noah's Ark, and the 4 rivers. For ever more! I just wanted to know if she could DUST!!! In that anount of time I could have, and would rather have, dusted everyhting in my house 3 times! I "learned" more last night than I ever wanted to in all my years of school! So...she's coming back...maybe...I don't know why...maybe she cast a spell on me, and now I'm crazy too!

Odin is a dream dog! He's awesome. Listens so good. I've got to get him to like sleeping in a little longer in the mornings though: yawn:...7:00am wakeup would be much preferred over 5:30am!

Hardcore biker babes?! Ha! Not me either! I just like to ride! I don't even need the get-up--just the bike! Maybe we're all posers like on Wild Hogs! I love that movie! Have you all seen it? If not--rent it soon! Funny.

Daycare--I don't think is boring...I think someone is a glutton for punishment to do daycare! Been there, done, that...not doing it again either! (famous last words)
Old 06-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #201  
Biker Chick!

good evening! Colleen, at the prospective crazy cleaning lady!! OMG, I would have to turn her down somehow, even though I'd be afraid she'd hex me also Congrats on the new driveway! sorry the spending spree is over, but must have been fun while it lasted

Hi Tammy I haven't been able to ride my bike since my new bling was put on...wah wah! it's been raining HARD every single day. But I think tomorrow is supposed to be decent, I hope!!

Hi Reda! Hope you're doing great

Hi tymaboy! hope you're having a good night.

We are taking a quick trip to CT this weekend to visit friends...it's the couple that was visiting us, and the husband knocked over my bike It's his wife's birthday and she really wanted two couples (us and another close couple) to visit for her birthday. Our other friends have offered to drive (as it's supposed to rain AGAIN) in their big pickup truck, us 'girls' will be in the back seat and the guys up front. I guess it will be okay, but I felt we really needed to go, that if we didn't the couple would feel that I was mad and unforgiving about the bike crunch.

Last edited by VermontMom; 06-10-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #202  

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

I had today off. Went garage saling with my neighbor. I was able to get some good deals. DS wanted another gaming chair for in his room. I found one for $7 & then I also found a small futon for $15. So now I have been helping DS rearrange his room. He has decided to get rid of some stuff, which is fine cuz his room looks bigger now. But wow he had a ton of garbage & laundry in there.

My neighbor "lent" me a baking cook book & gave me 2 cans of milk to use when I bake. I have to let it sit & not bake or I will end up munching.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hi Girls

Well went to OK again this weekend - left after work last night and got home about 2 this afternoon it was a very quick trip picked up DS2 as he was out custom combining but got a full time job back home of which he had to be back Monday so off we went but wanted to be back to watch DS1 race but those got cancelled because we have had so much rain the last 2 nights- thank goodness because I came home and started cleaning the house becuase tomorrow we get to do the outside because of the first storm Thursday there was a ton of branches and trees down and the city is going to pick them all up if they are curb side

Colleen glad to hear your refriderator is here and that the shopping spree had to end Wild Hogs yes very funny if you haven't watched it DO

Tammy great job getting right back on the wagon and running and going to BC

Holly the skulls look great- I love them sounds like you have been having crazy weather like us - shoot
Have a ton of fun in CT of which I am sure you will

Tymaboy doing daycare does not qualify for boring life...... It takes alot to do that - Wow you really got some great finds today and I am sure DS is just pleased

Well I am going to get back to cleaning before going to bed- have a great weekend
Old 06-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #204  

Good Morning Ladies,

How is everyone? I am fair.

I got to ride today (sorry for the ladies that are having bad weather). I got the saddle bags on and I rode to work. It is soooo good to get the cob webs out of the head first thing in the AM. I did not go to boot camp. I am losing my motivation..... I am thinking of going tonight though.

Colleen, sorry your shopping spree is over

Tymaboy, I read another post you made of a different thread....hang in there girl! Just find your nitch and go with it.

Holly, How are you today? I think your CT trip is appropriate just so they don't think you are sore about the bike. Besides one never knows what will happen when biker friends get together.

CC, How is the job? I am glad DS got a full time job.

I am hoping to be able to ride a lot from here on out..... that is how I am going to pay my CC off..... with the savings of gas $ between Monte Carlo and HD.

I have to run. Will chat more later.

Tammy
Old 06-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Default I can't win!

DH went Friday to get the new refridgerator. I got home, opened the box...and find it's got a huge dent! UGHHH!! I've been waiting for 4 months, and still don't have a usable new one! Wednesday, we are going to have them DELIVER us one! I asked them to please check for dents!

We had a quiet weekend for the most part. Cycle ride for supper Friday. We went to a 25th anniversary for friends Saturday. Nothing Sunday. This week, I'm taking off early Friday. We intend on camping South of the Twin Cities in MN for the weekend as we were invited to my nieces open house. Her and her husband just bought a new house. We're taking rent-a-dog. He's a good boy but he does offer lots of drool, hair and snot!

Busy Monday at work today. Hope you all have a great week!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:53 AM   #206  
Biker Chick!

Hi chicks

Reda, I hope your rain has stopped and you are as busy a woman ever aren't you Hope you're still enjoying the new job. And I am enjoying those skulls

Hi Tammy, I am glad you have your saddlebags and can hopefully use your bike alot! DON'T lose your motivation on maintenance!! and I will be there right with you

Colleen, oh no about the dent!! that was sucky. Hope you have a good time camping with the rent-a-doggy, drool/hair/nose drippings and all

well the trip to CT was fun, it was a shock to see their house, just the two of them but 4800 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, their bar, their own workout spaces/studies/hobby rooms etc. And this is the couple that I haven't taken a cent from because they have been unemployed for over a year and I thought they were struggling.

I know I have made progress with my body shape, but its still hard for me to wear short sleeved shirts, I have biceps that you can see but I also have some underarm fat. Well I thought I'd be brave and wear a t shirt (its summer, right??) and then my Vermont friend told me what exercises she does to get rid of her underarm flab. And i hadn't even said anything about my arms, I'm just thinking that she saw my arms and thought 'oh boy, does she ever need to do these exercises'. It kinda brought me down. Actually I will admit it brought me down alot! I have a flat tummy but I would never EVER suggest exercises to her, to help her tummy. Why do some people just 'open mouth and insert foot'.

Well I am happy that two of our Slovakian workers are arriving today, last year was their first year working at the Club but they are great people and we are looking forward to having them back, both for their work and their friendship
Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #207  

Morning Ladies....

Colleen, sorry about the dent. That stinks!

Tymaboy, hope you are doing well.

CC, I agree with Holly, you stay so busy. It makes me tired. Lol

Holly, I would have felt the same way about the friends that you did not want to put out and then find out how they live. I had a similar experience. I bought diapers for a couple at church we knew who were supposedly barely getting by.... every single week I bought them (this is when I had 4 kids at home). Well, they went to move one time and we went to help. They had a HUGE house, new dresses and shoes still in the boxes EVERYWHERE, it was decorated to a "t". I was soooo upset. But, I guess they have to live with that.
Now for the arms, I have the flabby jobbies too.... and unfortunately mine are so big I don't think they are going away.... and I have a similar experience with that too..... so do you think your friend maybe just jealous of your toned body? I mean a flat tummy after kids is a highly sought after thing. At first when I got done losing the weight, I thought about having some nips and tucks done..... but right now.... I am just adjusting to my body.... and maybe MY flabby jobbies are a reminder of what I was? So, for right now I am going to live with them.
Oh, I am soooo glad your friend/coworkers are coming back. That is kewl. Is there a language barrier there?

I am going to get busy..... I will gab a little more later.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #208  

Colleen- When we had our fridge delivered it had a couple dents in it (they were small ones that magnets cover up) But they took a couple hundred off the price. Which was nice since we spent over $1000 on it.

I have been doing pretty good with my weightloss the last few days. Yesterday & today I am feeling a bit under the weather & not sure if it is due to my diet ( on it for 2 weeks) or if I am coming down with something. This morning I thought it was my blood levels but when I checked that it is fine. Usualy when I feel like this & my levels are low I eat some dark chocolate & eat a big meal (high in carbs) I would rather not eat alot of carbs if I do not need to. Eating low carb should help with my blood levels. My DCKs (daycare kids) are being very good this morning which I am glad. I would like to take them out but I think we may get rained on.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #209  
Biker Chick!

good evening! it was a picture perfect day today...total blue sky, temperature just 71, and a breeze, and no humidity, you could see for miles. I washed my bike thoroughly, including taking off the saddlebags and getting all nooks and crannies. She is shiny now

Tymaboy, do you have to prick your finger to check your blood levels? glad your daycare kids were good for you today.

Tammy, hey, you did have a similar situation with that family, didn't that seem so unfair? but you're right, it's their problem; WE were the ones who were taking the high road/being charitable.

I am glad you understand about the flabby jobbies and maybe I should look at it the same way; my arms sure looked worse before, so I have made improvement. Oh, who am I kidding...I am SO insecure about them I hate even wearing a t shirt when walking for exercise, would so much rather have it be cooler so I can have long sleeves or a sweatshirt.

Hi Reda and Colleen!

Oh about the Slovakians...they speak English very well ( I guess English is a second language in most other countries) and I have picked up a tiny bit. I can say "Hi"(ahoj) "good morning" (dobre rano) "good evening"(dobre djen) "how's it going"(ako sa mahsh) "eggs"(vayeechka) "bacon"(slanina) "cookies/cake"(kolachy) "good"(dobre) "yes"(ano) "no"(nyet) "ice cream"(smzlemina) "Onion" ( zeeboolah, I don't know how to spell it) in fact alot of those spellings might be wrong, but I can pronounce them.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #210  

VermontMom- I do have a meter that I use when I feel like that. Last fall I went to the Dr & told her what my level were when I feel like that. She thought I may be border line diabetic but when I went to have the lab work done, everything came back fine. My sister is the same way but she weighs more then I do (thanks to all the meds she needs to take) Shes at a higher risk then I am.

I hope tomorow is nice like they are saying. My neighbor & I are hoping to get the bikes out to go for a ride. From the sounds of it tomorow should be the nicest day out of the week.
Closed Thread