Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #151  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good evening chicks

Holy smokes Reda, you had alot of cleaning to do on Mother's Day, lol. Sorry to hear of the family blowup, sometimes stuff does just come to a head and people blow off some steam. Hope all that gets accomplished by June 1 and hope you kept warm during racing.

Tammy I hope you found some things for you at the HD shop. on you missing your son, especially on Mother's Day.

We got some more of the white stuff that stayed on the ground til today. And it was 30 when we woke up this morning; and it is going to go down to the 20's tonight! ugh. It's gotta warm up! please!

Well I am moving along with the prep work, and found out that I will be helping out being Waitstaff in the dining room, in the evenings, this week...I'll be on Wed., Thurs. Friday and Saturday nights, as well as my baking during the day. BUsy days but I love it

Diet wise, I went overboard on Mother's Day. But back on track today

Hi Colleen hope everyone's good!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Well we cleaned again all last night but we are making some progress at least

Holly when you help out with the waitstaff do you get tips or is that included in their package price? Hoping it is extra money in your pocket

Well I go meet up with Dave tomorrow at 1pm wish me luck- not sure what I am going to do if he offers the job but if it is like 10,000 more a year I may just have to really consider..... Well did interviews for a manager at the store that I have to get up early mornings for so doing a background check on 2 and hopefully will have that back by the end of the week so that I can decide and make the offer

Well weight wise I have been maintaining to maybe losing a pound a week but I have not been as strict with my eating as I was when I was losing really good- I will have to get back on that track soon because I would like to lose a little more weight before our trip to Deadwood in a couple of weeks...

Well girls I guess I need to run to the store for a few items before biggest loser starts -
Old 05-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Default Dad up

Hi ladies,

My dad is up from Texas...I should be appreciative, and supportive, and love to visit...but instead I get riled, upset, and irritated at his antics, how demanding and vulgar he is while bragging up how wonderful and rich he is. And of course how meaningless, fat and uneducated I am in comparison to my brother. He left yesterday after a 3 day visit, but is coming back! Can we spell STRESS??

More later. Only a couple of minutes available.

Take care.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #154  

Hi girls

Well talked to Dave today and only for a half hour with him and 2 of the office girls- he asked if I wanted to check out his store in the town that we met in and of course I said ya- well I drive separately from him and he gets out of his car and comes over to my truck before I get out and offers me the job- just like that he says what will it take for me to get you to come here? He really wanted an answer right then and there but I told him I would need to call him tomorrow after I talk to my husband about it
I will need to call him tomorrow because I still have questions- he said he offers health insurance but I need to know how much he pays and how much the employee is responsible for? He never said what my hours would be exactly. I asked about vacation time he said I do not have set vacation time that I would just take the time off I need if I am getting my job done that I need to be getting done.....he also said that if I am need to take off early because it is nice out and I want to go golfing or something he wouldn't have a problem with that either- I really need to find out about the health insurance though because I know some programs it can cost up to a 1,000 dollars and if he only pays half I would be paying $500 which is $280.00 more a month than I pay now so that will eat up almost $3000 of the raise that I would be getting

Geez I just don't know what to do....... the girl there now says somedays she doesn't leave the office till 7 at night because she doesn't like to leave anything undone or bills not paid- but really can it take all day to pay bills especially when alot of it is online??? I really didn't understand that part

Well I guess I will just have to talk to him tomorrow again

Colleen sorry to hear about your dad being a bear And after 3 days finding out he is coming back, so when is he due back?

We have had nothing but crappy weather rainy and cold - urrrrgh

Holly has your snow all melted and out of forecast now?

Hi Tammy
Old 05-13-2010, 06:26 AM   #155  
Biker Chick!

good morning chicks! Colleen, to hearing how your dad is. that would make me quite unhappy to say the least.

Reda, that guy really wants you! but I agree, some things are vague. I hope he could put things in writing to make them more concrete. Oh and about the tips when I do waitstaff, they will get divided between the staff that is on that night and it is a nice 'extra' in the paycheck. I had a 12 hour day yesterday, but nothing on my body hurt, yay! sorry for your crappy weather too, our snow is gone but it is still chilly.

Hi Tammy!!

so this was quick and I wont' get on again tonight, another long day, so take care
Old 05-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Default rain, rain, go AWAY

I thought it was April showers that brought May flowers...It's still raining! Has been forever it seems! At least it's not that cold "white rain"!

Dad is coming back tomorrow and through the weekend. Supper for DD college graduation is tomorrow night. Special request to have prime rib by DF. Grrrr... Sunday I will take him to meet my DB who will have him for the remainder of the time until he flys back home.

Reda, the job sounds WONDERFUL! Is it too good to be true you think?

Holly, it sounds like you are already enjoying your summer job. You are so talented! Pastry chef!?? That would be diet doom for me!

Tammy, Got you and the vehicles all fixed back up again? Sounds like you had a really rotten day--it's one of those where it wasn't worth crawling out of bed for!

I sold my cycle. Still have the 08 Vulcan Nomad to go. We'll see how it goes just going down to just the HD. I think it will be just fine. I like to gawk around, and like not having to pay attention.

Hope all is going well for you. Take care.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:31 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Hey Ladies!

I have been on a mini vacation celebrating the 1st anniversary. We had a good time. We came home a day early b/c of the rain. I have been super busy cleaning (with a 16 year old in charge of the house and 4 inside dogs.... need I say more?). I am doing a lot of organizing too. I plan to get rid of a lot of JUNK. I am tired of the clutter. I have been doing DS#2 laudry since yesterday.....the rule is if he doesn't get it to me-- he has to wash it..... well, when I walked in the door there were baskets of clothes waiting to be washed.... so I am doing it. Tomorrow we are going to have a room intervention and this WILL NOT happen again. I cleaned out the oldest son's room today. Getting it ready for him to come home in a little over 2 weeks. Man, I need a vacation from my vacation. BUT, there is just something about uncluttered rooms that I love.... so I am going after it full force.

I am not getting on the scales.... I know it is HORRIBLE. My clothes are tight.... so I am getting back to eating right TODAY!

The trip was good. We went to Alabama to see where DH was raised. It was very peaceful.

Colleen, I am soooo sorry you are having to put up with your dad. There are more things in life that are measurable then what he is comparing you to.

Holly, it sounds like you are enjoying the summer job. I am glad for you. I read one of your posts the other day that it was snowing in MAY..... that is nuts! I hope it clears up soon.

CC, wow, that job sounds good. I agree with the others, girl, get it in writing. I would also want some sort of vacation in writing. It seems like you have a lot built up where you are now and just "taking off when caught up" may not afford you a good vacation. What happens if you are not caught up when you planned a trip to Sturgis?

Well, I am getting sleepy again. I am going to sleep for just a bit before I get up and start in on DS#2 room. I got the laundry done.... now the hard part. ...... and I have to find a new bed for DS#1 before he comes home. Btw, he is having the time of his life! This week he travels to Ft. Rucker in Alabama (the other end of the state from where I was) to do this dunk tank training. DOES NOT sound like fun to me..... but he is looking forward to it. He will be strapped in a capusule in FULL GEAR and he has to get himself out while wearing blacked out water goggles and rescue a dummy in the pool. He said the half of the people that already did it failed b/c they freaked out. I told him he is not an emotional person.... just stay calm and sing "Jesus loves me" or something. I mean it is a controlled environment.... they won't let them drown..... so why freak? BUT, that is easier said than done..... I sure would not want to do it. I would be like y'all better get me the out of here .... or when I get out someone is Talk to you more later.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:37 AM   #158  
Biker Chick!

good morning ladies and whew, the crush is over! Have been working long days since Wednesday but it's over now. Well I do work today but its normal hours and I think I can ride to work!

Colleen, congrats on selling the extra bike. So...how many are left? are you contemplating just having one remaining?

Tammy, belated one year anniversary congrats and boy you are working hard on your mini vacation, but if you accomplish what you want then that is good. LOL at the visual of a teenage boy and 4 shut in dogs

Reda, I am anxious to hear of how the job offer has been going...

Well ladies I haven't worked out since last MONDAY...and you know how I am, I have only missed one day a month since last year BUT I have been eating so much less because I'm so busy...so the scale has moved down some more...I will not move ticker until I check again tomorrow morning but I think I'm hovering about the 150 mark If I am, then I need to set next goal to 145.

Now I have to believe what so many other 3FC chicks say, that weight loss (fat loss) is like 80% diet, 20% exercise. Seems to be true for me. I would much rather eat what I want and work out every day but I guess that does not give results.

At work, there is a member who rides and he lives in Illinois, near to where the incident last year happened, that a woman was painting her fingernails while driving, and struck and killed a woman motorcyclist who was legally stopped at a traffic light. It has taken a year but a jury found the driver guilty of negligent homicide. The member gave me a newspaper clipping of it but of course I have been following the story online for months. Her sentencing hasnt been set but she could receive anything from probation to five years in prison.

sorry to insert that sobering item, but it's also a grim reminded for us riders to KEEP WATCHING OUR MIRRORS WHILE WE ARE SLOWING DOWN OR STOPPING and to ALWAYS give yourself a safety space OUT between you and the car in front of you.

okay it has been good to visit here but I need to get ready for work. Hope you all have a great day, whatever you have planned
Old 05-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #159  
Biker Chick!

good evening chicks! today was my first day off in a week, yay. I should have done a bunch of laundry but didn't. I just hung around and enjoyed myself, especially when I went for a nice ride, it was 70 and sunny! just needed a jacket and short gloves, sure was nice to not have to have chaps and such.

tomorrow morning is my first morning back to cook breakfast at the Club, but it should be a good morning to ease into it because there should only be one or two tables (each table seats 12) and the staff.

Still doing good with my eating!! woohoo!!

today was the first day in a week, also, that I worked out! I did the Karen Voigt tape (step cardio and strenght) and then in the evening I walked for half an hour.

Hope everyone is doing good!!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #160  
Biker Chick!

good evening chicks! me again Rode to work today, it turned out to be chillier than I thought, my hands were so cold but I thawed out quickly once I started work in the kitchen.

did good with my eating again today!! It feels so good to be in some control.

Hey DH bought a Wii Fit, he's gonna hook it up tonight. Now I'll know what everybody else is talking about

well have a nice night and a great tomorrow
Old 05-18-2010, 08:04 PM   #161  

hello girls - sorry MIA again but this last week we haven't been home except to sleep for about 6 hours a night

We have been doing some extra work painting during the morning/afternoon then we get home with enough time to take showers then off to the races we went this happened all weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday
then last night we painted again but tonight will be it for that

Oh my news well I was offered the job and the insurance is all good as well
dave offered me $10,000 more than I am getting now so of course I had to seriously consider of which I accepted yesterday so today I told my boss early this morning then she called me a couple hours later and wanted to meet up and we talked and she said to give her a couple of days she thinks she could do something very comparable - so here I am again back at the beginning but you know I should feel really good that they are both making a fuss over me but geeez it is really stressful at the same time....

Holly glad to hear things have maybe just slowed a bit for you and that you are getting to ride - we have had great weather but we have been trying to get all the painting done so the riding went on the way side for right now but tomorrow is our supper ride and we are going Great job on eating right and getting right back to exercising - you have been working alot so I can see why the exercise has been put on back burner but see the minute you get the time you are right back at it

You will love your wii fit I was just saying how I need to get back into the groove of doing that there are some that really make you work up a sweat
You need to do the hula hoop under aerobic section once you reach a certain level you can get more minutes and it does work you

Tammy how is DS doing do you get to hear from him much? How many days before he is back home for his visit? Have you been getting all this nice weather and riding much?

Hi Colleen

Well girls off to finish up the painting it should only take about 1.5 hours then we are done - going to have to DVR Biggest Loser \

Have a great night
Old 05-19-2010, 05:35 AM   #162  
Biker Chick!

good morning! a quick note before i get ready for work.

Reda - oh my gosh,now the employers are fighting over you what a bargaining position to be in!! I hope whatever pans out, is best for you. Congrats on everyone wanting you!

Hi Tammy! how are you doing? I saw on the news a couple days ago that somewhere in Arkansas, they got BASEBALL sized hail!! I sure hope that wasn't near you!! Oh and the description of DS's dunk tank training was insane!! not for me ether!!!

HI Colleen! how are things with you

well can't remember if I told you but I did agree to do the ONE afternoon (four hours) a week at the Yucky Winter Place. It's a quick amount of income for just sitting there, and it starts today (every Wednesday) . I haven't been at the Yucky Place for a month!! it's been wonderful

Walked for 3.2 miles last night. I think I remember my summer schedule from last year, I did not work out early on the days I had to be at work at 7. And if I did not work out early on the other days, I did something as soon as I got home in the afternoons. Plus now I have the somewhat steady walking in the evening.

hope everyone has a great day
Old 05-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Sorry I have been MIA lately. A lot going on.

DS passed the dunk tank with flying colors......; the news is he will have to do it again in pilot school. But, he will be fine.

12 days til he gets to come home.

My sister (the suicidal one) is coming for a couple hour visit today (she called just Sunday wanting to come here and live and if not she was going to kill herself), now she is just coming for a visit b/c she was 2 hours away visiting her ex-s dying sister. I am stressed to the MAX.

I am not exercising as much as I was...... I need to get back on the ball.

I hope all of you are doing better.

Thanks for watching out for us weatherwise. We did not get the big hail, but we are getting storms again.....

I will gab more later. I will read and post more replys in a bit.
Tammy
Old 05-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #164  
Biker Chick!

a quick to Tammy...hope the sister visit goes okay!! OMGosh on her asking to live with you and if not..oh man.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #165  
Biker Chick!

last posting for the night I had off today, and it was beautiful out, so I cut the grass (push gas mower), worked out (a Gilad strength tape) , used my bike to do errands and bought 2 pair of asics shoes ...I needed a pair for work, and an 'inside exercise' pair...already have my pair of outside walking/jogging shoes. Used my tip money to pay for them, that was great (still have some left over) AND went online this morning and bought a new pair of moto boots. My others are only two years old but they are so heavy and clunky. And they upgraded me free to next day shipping so they should come tomorrow (Friday)!!

oh and a 3.2 mile, 50 minute walk. When that dog rushed at me again , I just yelled at him and kept walking

talk atcha's tomorrow!
Closed Thread