Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #181  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning! Windshield is supposed to come today. Sigh! I had a challenging ride to work yesterday, wearing the bubble face shield, but heavy fog..I had to keep wiping it with my glove. No biggie but in the afternoon, when getting ready to leave, saw that just wiping the shield with my glove scratched it all over, so it was like trying to look out through a cataract I just could not see!! so I took it off my helmet and just dealt with my eyes getting pretty dry on the way home.

In fact, even though it was a beautiful warm evening, I rode pillion behind husband to our monthly moto-meeting...everyone just about fell off their seat, they said they never expected to see me riding b***h

Had rain on Tuesday; really nice yesterday, rain today. That's okay because it forces me to do inside stuff; laundry, gather more junk to take to dump, clean up in here (as much as I can).

hope everyone is doing good!!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Hey Ladies,

Holly, LOL at the cataract. And, I forgot to tell you a few posts ago... but your boots look hawt! And, isn't it hard to ride "B" when you are used to your own. DH says he don't like for me to ride w him b/c I try to reach around and give it gas. lol

CC, are you getting excited to start your job?

Colleen, how are you?

Well, DS is home. He will go back Saturday. I am having a blast. Last night both boys and myself went to church to hear our old pastor preach. It was a different church. We were the only ones there under 70. Lol, but it was good to hear him.

I broke down last weekend and let DH order me saddle bags. I just have a hard time strapping stuff to the luggage rack (besides I look like the Beverly Hillbillies with it bungeed on) So, as much as I like my solo look I am getting saddle bags..... but still no seat. Just luckily I was trying to decide between 2 sets of bags and there were 2 bikes with each set that I wanted (pure luck). So, I decided on the cheaper ones b/c it looks just like DH bike from behind (the Ultra) except a "mini" version of it. I should get them in next week. I am kinda excited.

I have been slacking on diet and bootcamp. I am going to hit it hard next week when everything is back to "normal"......

I will gab more later.

Hope you all are well.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default hangin' in there

Rent-a-dog comes tomorrow. Start over with the eating and exercise plan! I've committed to this. I sure don't want to let a puppy down!

I'll weigh in in the AM. Walk every day is the plan. Might feel like it's killing me, but I'm sure it will get better in time.

You all sound good. Glad you are having a good time. I've ridden the HD quite a bit more now. I don't feel as awkward as I did! I love the way is sounds! It is MUCH better driving that riding "B". My feet feel as if they are on FIRE in back! REAL fire!

Take care all. Chat with you more later. Time to head home!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #184  

Colleen, when I first started riding we went for a 4 hour trip, but 2.5 hours into it we stopped to eat and turned around. I could NOT make it. My feet were numb. I could only imagine my long legs falling off the foot rest and dragging down the street without me knowing..... When we got home, I had to have help off the bike. I gave birth via c-section in less pain that that!

I know you can do this. Just one day at a time.

I am farrrrr from perfect.... but weeks like this. I do my thing, then I dust myself off and try again.

Rent a puppy? Maybe I should go back and re read some of the thread.

I have to make it short. DS is here. Want to spend all the time I can.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #185  
Biker Chick!

Tammy, LOL @ being the only ones under 70 at the church I'm so glad you are having so much fun with DS being home I hope you like your saddle bags that your DH ordered. They are so handy. I know they take away from the clean solo look that we would like, but we need to be practical as we are bikers who are lucky enough to ride to work!

thanks for the comp on the boots, after having them a week or so I am still liking them, that is a good sign!

and I know you will be back to 'hit it hard!' once things go back to your normal routine.

OH!! Windshield arrived today and DH got it on, cursing a bit in the process. Just hard to compress the hardware and shield to put the bolts on. It is bigger than my old one ... I'm not quite completely ecstatic about that...I wish he had conferred with me before ordering it!! but it is a Memphis Shades, it is shaded almost black at the bottom which is kewl but just that it is inches bigger around the sides and top. So I go from the spare sporty no-shield look to looking like a barn door is on there but heck I was complaining about the wind and bugs and sand; NOTHING will hit me with this shield, LOL!

What is pretty kewl is that he ordered a couple dozen skull bolts; they are chrome with red jewel eyes, and we have those as the bolts for the shield. They are the same bolts I have holding my license plate on.

And the brake/clutch levers came, they have skulls on the ends He will put those on probably Saturday, when I will probably take the car to work and he can work on the bike .

Hi Colleen!! excited about the 'rent-a-puppy' for you also! and glad you are more comfortable riding the HD, that is great.

I wanted to walk in addition to my doing The Biggest Loser Cardio dvd, but I felt I had to 'assist' DH in getting the shield on. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Hi Reda!! Hope you are doing great
Old 06-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #186  

Good Morning Ladies!

How are you today? I am tired, but here. I have been working late on Fridays but not today.... gonna do something with DS. He leaves tomorrow. But, I am going to try (lol) to hold my head up b/c he is doing what he loves. To see the joy in his face when he tells us of things is worth it. I just hate he is leaving. I am going to use the time when he is gone to get back in better shape and not be so pouty. Being pouty sucks!

The barn door. Just thought I would give you some animals with your barndoor. Sorry.... that was just funny.
I know what you mean with the DH ordering without your approval. Mine does it too. He usually gets the cheapest.... and I am frugal, but I want what I want. Oh well, I guess one way to look at it is at least they buy for us.

CC

Colleen, how is rent a puppy doing?

I am not sure if you girls drink lattes..... but I have discovered that soy milk in my latte makes me fuller. I guess it is the protein. I have not ventured out into just having soy milk..... but I stumbled upon this by accident as the little coffee girl made a mistake. I tried it, it was bearable.

Oh, and I made another discovery..... I don't have the nutrition facts, but I know it is "clean eating" friendly (with the exception of the drink mix). If you like a sweet dressing, like a raspberry vinegrette, I created a dressing. It is just a pack of crystal light drink mix, vinegar to taste, and olive oil to taste. It makes like a mock vinegrette dressing with very little carbs. A normal serving of raspberry vinegrette has 5 tsp of sugar in it

Well, I am going to get busy. Not sure how much I will be on this weekend. I am having a back tire put on my bike tomorrow AM; taking DS to the airport; gonna use the rest of the day to throw a pity party; then take some stuff to the flea market Sunday...... will gab Monday.

Have a good-- safe weekend.

Tammy
Old 06-07-2010, 12:27 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hey girls- sorry it has been a while since checking in - been super busy and then of course racing all weekend DS has been doing so great
My dad came in for the weekend (he is from Branson, MO) so been spending the days with him

Tomorrow my first day at my new job so I will have to check in tomorrow to let you know how it is going
Now that we have MIL all moved and all is done I should have some time to start checking back in daily- well that is the plan anyways

I will do some catch up on posts as well tomorrow

So have a great work week

But let me just say Tammy glad you got to spend alot of time with DS before he left again - sending you hugs and kisses because I know even with head held high it is hard

Have a great week
Old 06-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #188  

Hello Ladies,

CC, Good luck on your new job today. I hope you like it and it gives you some stress relief. It seems you stayed WAY too busy at other job.

Holly, how are you today? Is it almost your weekend?

Colleen, How did the camping trip go. How is rent-a-puppy? Lol.

I made it through Saturday, of course I felt horrible when I saw him going through the security checkpoint. I am a bit better today. I need to get better soon before I go broke. I had a mani/pedi when he left Saturday. I got my ears (all 3 holes) re pierced yesterday. So, I need to stop emotional spending and suck it up.

I went to boot camp this morning. I did not want to get up, but I was glad when I was done that I did it. I actually missed it.

Nothing much going on other than that. I am still waiting on my saddle bags. Both boys made fun of me for them. Saying I might as well put a trailer behind my bike-- to make it look like a mini van. Lol.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #189  
Biker Chick!

Reda, best wishes on your first day tomorrow!

Tammy, I'm sorry he had to go...but like you said, he loves what he is doing and we are all so appreciative!! and blow a raspberry at your guys for making fun of your saddlebags And I loved the barn animals you posted, and thanks for the soy milk and raspberry dressing tips!

Yes, Colleen, let us know how the camping trip was, and how you are enjoying your doggy babysitting gig!

SO the windshield is on, held on by all those lovely ruby jewel-eyed skull bolts; my brake and clutch levers now have skull tips; and I have Kury skull pegs I hope to ride to work tomorrow! but it is raining right now.

had a great day off today (Tammy, I now have staggered days off; Mondays and Thursdays) I cut the grass, did trimming, picked up crap that everyone except me left outside and was making our yard look extremely ghetto; put junk at top of driveway with "FREE" sign and it is almost all gone did some picking up in here, and worked out to a video and did my 3.2 mile walk for 60 minutes. Doin good!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #190  

Holly, you will have to post a pic of your bike. That sounds awesome.

As I was typing your message he called via Skype. He is in Germany and he said it is like an old concentration camp setting. No running water (port a potty and you have to walk down the road for a shower). It was very hard to hear him.... but all I needed to know was he is okay. I am going to stop whining about the situation and just go from there.

CC, how was your first day?

Colleen, are you back from camping yet?

Tammy
Old 06-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Good morning ladies. I think I will like this thread as I just recently bought my bike 3-4 months ago. I have a 2002 Yamaha virago 250. I have never driven a bike before buying it & am still learning. The 1st day on it my friend took me to an empty lot to teach me a few things & I dropped it in a mud puddle. No harm to it or me but enough for to know I needed to get roll bars on it. I dropped the second day of learning as well (still no harm) so I left it sit till I got the roll bars. After that I did good & did not drop it again till it rain & my ally was a bit muddy. Where I live is very hilly, there is not many stops/starts were it is not on a hill so I find myself routing the less hilliest way from point A to point B. I just installed a rack & a hard trunk w/lights on the bike for the times that I make a quick trip to the store. Since doing that my back seat is much more comfortable then what it had been. I have not been on it for awhile, my friends bike had a gas leak & is waiting for the parts to come in to fix his before I go out again.

I have just started my low carb diet last Thusday. I was not thinking when I started it cuz my Bday was Saturday so I should have waited till this week to start. My BF made a cake for me. DH took me to a steak restaurant on Friday so I would be able to stay more on track. We live next to some awesome neighbors that is always cooking & feeding us. She made some food that was low carb friendly for dinner on my Bday. I was still naughty though cuz DH & I make wine & all our neighbors love it so we had a few glasses. Last nite DH ordered pizza since we did not feel like cooking - I ordered Chix strips instead.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Default Dog jogs, I ride bike.

Welcome Tymaboy. I'm happy for you getting a cycle! Good for you!

I have recently sold "my bike", and now share a HD with DH. It's big, and still feels clumbsy to me. I'm from Wisconsin. Married (remarried) with 2 grown kids, no grandkids.

These gals on this thread are awesome! They are good internet friends to me, even though I have fallen from the weight loss wagon months ago! I still struggle, and will somehow find my way to the wagon again. The gals here are a huge inspiration and have lots of support to offer.

"Rent-a-dog" is for the Saint Bernard that is staying with us for the summer. One of Mandy's pups from her second litter, we sold to NY Times best selling author, Jackie Mitchard. She is unable to keep him this summer, as they (the whole family-9 kids) are going to Cape Cod for several months. Jackie's DH wants to rehome the dog, Odin, and she wants to keep him. I have volunteered to take him for the summer so they can work out several issues.

Odin is beautifully trained, but is still a hairy, drooling, slobbering mess! I love him! He is very friendly, and a glutton for attention. He learned to go for bike rides this week. I ride, he jogs. It would be better for both of us if he rode and I jogged!!!

Camping was just for the weekend. The one before last. It was good. Next outing is at our house. We will have about 30 people over for the weekend over the 4th of July. It is fun--been doing this for several years. Everyone brings their own drinks, and food to make a meal. We figure it all out then. It always works. There is lots of food and fun to be had!

This weekend we are invited to a 25th wedding anniversary of friends. I am working on planning a Mock Wedding skit. I have the vows nearly done. Still need some volunteers. It will be a funny one! The "bride" is a funny guy with a mustache! It starts off as a funeral, moves to wedding, groom is read his rights, and they agree to be in debt for ever after. Something fun like that.

Reda, how's the new job?

Tammy, those saddle bags on the bike, wont look like a mini van!! It will be much better than strapping stuff on with bungies!

Holly, your bike sounds cool! Sounds like you have it all dressed up!

Tymaboy, we would love to hear more from you. Tell us about yourself.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #193  

Welcome Tymaboy,

My name is Tammy. I am married (re married) with 2 boys. One of whom just deployed this weekend. I am trying to pull it together. Like Colleen said, the ladies on here are awesome friends. I would not have made it without the from my internet buddies.

It seems that we try to support each other. Luckily I don't think we have all been off the wagon at the same time.

As you can tell by Colleen's post, she is the jokester. Colleen.... LOL ROLF at the dog riding the bike and you jogging. I bet Odin would turn lots of heads, hey that would be a good side show. Lol. After Oden and Colleen we could show them how my lab instantaneously can drool when he sees his cafe buddies getting this biscuit out of the oven for him. He just knows it is his.

Anyway, I digressed..... Tymaboy. I ride an 09 HD Dyna Superglide. I have been riding for 3 years. I have dropped every bike I have had (one just the other day- I hit loose pea size gravel in a sharp turn). I am glad you are enjoying it. There is nothing like a stressful day in the office and getting on the bike and riding home.

I will gab more later.

I am back on track for day 2..... getting rid of the deployment weight. I ran this AM, did boot camp and then walked the dog. I am hoping DH will start BC soon.

Tammy
Old 06-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Welcome Tymaboy- you will love it here whether we are on or off the wagon

Well girls today was my second day at my new job and it is going super great I am going to love it, talked to the new boss some today and gave him some ideas that I have about some changes he is all for it and told me to do whatever I think is going to be best for his stores..... Oh Tymaboy to update you a little I am a supervisor for a convience store chain (1700 stores) but a few weeks ago got a call from another chain (well this chain is only 7 stores) with an offer that I could not refuse so I gave notice and started with new job yesterday- well I am still very excited about my new job and there is going to be some hard work ahead of me but hey it will all be worth it in the long run

Holly sounds like your bike is looking really cool with all the skulls - wow you are just getting so much done at home I am so envious because I am still not getting any crap done around my house at all - we might get a rainy weekend (yes I am hoping for a rainy weekend) this way I can get some stuff done at home as well

Tammy glad you got to hear from your son already and that he made it safe and sound- Great Job on Day 2 of exercising and staying OP

Colleen you are our jokester hands down- to funny about the St Bernard riding and you jogging that would be a site Glad your camping trip went so well and 4th of July event is not to far away - I can't wait for July to get here because we go to a motocycle rally and not have a care in the world besides getting back home

Oh Tymaboy - I have been married for 21 years to my high school sweetheart and we have 2 boys 19.5 and 21(just turned 21 on Sunday)
I ride a Chopper and love it however I was contemplating selling it but think I will wait one more year before I make that choice I am thinking of getting something alittle more for riding distance... DH has an HD Ultra Classic
Oh my summers are really super busy as my DS also races cars every Sat and Sun and usually 2 Fridays a month so needless to say I don't get a whole lot done on weekends either

Well girls I am going to go get supper dishes done so I will check back in later
Old 06-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #195  
Biker Chick!

Hi Tymaboy and glad you have joined us! As Tammy said thank goodness there hasn't been a time when all of us were wallowing, there is always at least one of us who can cheer the others on

I learned to ride 8 years ago, started on a Honda Shadow VLX 600cc, put 44,000 miles on her in 3 years; was hit in '05 (a slow speed hit) by a cager, not hurt but with insurance money bought my next (current bike) Honda VTX 1300C. Husband (of 30 years! yikes!) rides also, it is a huge passion with us. We have 2 boys, 27 and almost 20. One dog I am a pastry baker at a private fly fishing club from May to October; then a retail drone from then til next May. I come alive from April til late October, then get very down from late fall through winter. That's when I gain weight, and then fight to get it off for summer!

It's fun to pretend I'm a hardcore biker babe but reality is just that I'm a 49 yr old who loves to ride, and likes to wear black leather and things with skulls

Oh and I dropped my bike the first time DH took me to a parking lot to practice, also. Have also dropped this newer one..once in my driveway, and once navigating an awful turn on an off-ramp from I-87 in NY. Not hurt either time due to always wearing over-the-ankle boots and gloves and jacket.

Colleen, so nice that you can enjoy one of Mandy's babies...big drooly baby

Tammy, WTG on running and boot camp! to you for missing your son. I told DH I really NEED a pic of my bike with the new bling.

Reda, I'm so glad you are enjoying the new job!! that is awesome. And 'grats to your son on his winnings.
Closed Thread