Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Tymaboy town

What is your home town? Anamosa, Galena, or Dubuque? How about a first name? DH asks me once in a while if I still talk to my "fat chick girls". He has no idea that you guys are all skinny chicks now! Darn, too bad I missed you! You could have bought lunch! LOL!

Glad you got your part ordered and will have everything in tip-top shape again soon. It's crazy the amount of $ a person can dump into a motorcycle, even when it's not needing repair! Just like any fun hobby/toy I guess!
Old 07-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post
What is your home town? Anamosa, Galena, or Dubuque? How about a first name? DH asks me once in a while if I still talk to my "fat chick girls". He has no idea that you guys are all skinny chicks now! Darn, too bad I missed you! You could have bought lunch! LOL!
Dubuque. I think we grilled out on Saturday. That would have been nice. My name is Dawn.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Hey Gals, I am back. I have not read all the posts, but thought I would post a brief overview of the trip.

We had a good trip up there (only got lost once), we got there before the vendors were set up so we just paid for our armband and went back to the hotel. We also went to Old Shawnee Town (in Illinois) about 15 miles from Sturgis. We got our armband for there also.

Thursday we got up early and went to a place called "Cave in the rock". It was a pretty place. Just a little "hole in the wall". So we decided to go ahead and go to Lil Sturgis. Well we had to go through a roadblock of Illinois State Troopers..... which we half way expected. Of course DH talked their ears off. We were all "cleared" and we went on our way. We walked around Lil Sturgis, then went to Old Shawnee town and then back to the motel. We took a nap (it was sooooo freaking hot we had to go back to the motel), and waited til about 5ish and went back to the rallies, which meant back through the roadblocks. (That is #2 trip through the blocks). We saw the usual sites at Lil Sturgis..... which is where I got my new saying... "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!!!!" Then back to Old Shawnee town (which we like better) there is more to do. At Shawnee town (OST cause I am too lazy to keep typing) we stopped in the "HogDaddy's Saloon" where there was a mechanical bull, which DH almost had me talked into riding, until the last girl peed all over the bull..... apparenly Miller Light and mechanical bull riding (which she chose to do topless) do not mix well. So, no bull riding for me.... (and I was going with my top ON). lol. So, we had a good time that night, listened to the band, watched bikes, and such.

Friday...... well, we attempted to go through the road block..... and guess who gets the rookie State Trooper trying to make brownie points.,... , yep it was me...... and guess what..... after 2 previous road blocks, it was so kindly pointed out to me that my license is EXPIRED! I am traveling with 2 cops and I am in the middle..... with an invalid license. In Arkansas it expires on your B-day..... and guess who slept right through it.... right again, me! Well, Mr. State Trooper also so kindly pointed out that in Illinois it is the same as driving on a suspended license and it is a jailable offense, unless you post bond on the side of the road So, as he takes my license to make sure I am not wanted anywhere... I get off the bike and tell Wayne who is BSing with the older trooper what the problem is. Well, my rookie trooper gets back and says well Mrs. XXX looks like you are not wanted anywhere (ya think, Mrs. won't ride the mechanical bull topless, never been to a rally, Ms. gullable.... blonde???), so I am going to let you go since you are between 2 "brothers in blue".... but he adds "I cannot promise you won't be gotten by another trooper". So, we go on the the rallies, but decide it is too hot and go back to the motel room. On the way out of OST, my bike dies on the highway, so I pull over and we figure out it is the fuse as it did before, we change the fuse, drive about 2 miles, it dies again--change the fuse drive about 3 miles, dies again, use the last fuse I have, drive 2 more miles, dies again... have to pull fuses from the DH and his friend's bike to get mine to the motel. I call HD to tell them what the deal is, they say 10 days to get it in to look at it. However, during my nap DH and the other bikers in the motel parking lot figure out that it is too hot and when my gas gets below 1/4 tank it blows fuses (THANK YOU HD FOR YOUR GREAT SERVICE), so until I can get it in and it is hot, I have to keep at least a 1/2 tank of gas in it.

Saturday was uneventful, we had a great day, we dodged the road blocks. The people in the motel were not that lucky, they got a $75 ticket for each bike that did not have proof of insurance on it.

Sorry this was so long. Overall I had a blast. I don't think I would do Lil Sturgis again at 40 an armband b/c there were no shows or anyting during the day, only vendors and "the campground"..... OST was the bomb though.

Has anyone else ever gone to Lil Sturgis?

I am tired..... and although I slathered the sunscreen on and I have been tanning since February.... I still burned. But, I would go again! Btw, I am a VALID Arkansas driver now. Lol. I was at the DMV at 8am this morning!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #274  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

welcome back Tammy!!! OMGosh at your license being expired sorry to laugh but you know the irony!! but sorry about your fuses keepin on blowing. Must have been frustrating! I have not been to Li'l Sturgis but have Ohio and KY friends who have, they just like "the campground" antics. I have ridden the bull but thank goodness have not had an accident on it
Old 07-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Wow Tammy what a trip and yes have to agree with the irony of the whole riding with cops and then we have you causing a little havoc with the expired license...... Never been to Lil Sturgis but I have heard that the campground is the typical rally campground and going topless on the bull would have fit right in Not saying that you would have to fit in at all
Ya don't think I would have done the bull after someone just pee'd on it -yuck

Colleen my DH almost lost his rear shifter as well it was just hanging when we stopped and he noticed it - must be an issue because his last harley we did lose rear shifter-
Dawn to bad you and Colleen couldn't meet up being that close by each other but maybe next time....

Ok got all the parts off car and they got it off to the shop so hopefully tomorrow we will hear that it can be fixed for minimal $ hopefully less than $5000

Well girls have a good night
Old 07-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #276  

CC, I did not really fit in. DH was VERY protective of me.... has been since I lost weight...... so if I even thought of taking off a layer he had a cow. lol but, you have to take the good with the bad.

I hope you can get the car fixed with minimal $ also. How is the new job?

Tymaboy, it is almost a guarantee if you meet Colleen for lunch I am betting you would end up with wet pants. She is sooo funny!

Today was my first day back at work. Knock on wood.... not too much poo flying.

I have to go to Chicago for business Thurs, Fri, and Sat. My DS #2 is going with me. Should be exciting.

I managed to lose a pound while on our motorcycle trip..... it was hotter than blue blazes! I am hoping to make it through the Chicago trip maintaining and then I am back to bootcamp and such.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Tammy
Old 07-21-2010, 11:20 PM   #277  

Tammy that is great that you could lose while on a mini vacation- Have fun in Chicago there is lots to do and I am sure it will be great mother/son bonding time

Job is going good putting in some extra hours but just until I get them all running good and smoothly

Just got home from our supper ride tonight hit some hard rain but all and all it was good the weather was warm even with the rain but man does that rain hurt when it hits the face- just like pin needles stabbing, I am thinking I need to get a new bike with a windshield....We will see

Tammy in bike rally's everyone fits in not everyone is there to show skin even though most guys like it ok and most women toooo but there are all kinds that show up good and bad the most important thing to remember is that you have a GREAT time

Well I was just stopping in quickly before going to bed so I will check back tomorrow- TGIF almost here

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 07-21-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:41 AM   #278  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

A trip to Chicago with your son sounds really great, Tammy!! is that today? if so, safe trip to you both and have fun and congrats on losing on a trip! I have found that road trips with the bike DO tend to work our body more, even with having off-plan food.

Oh and CChick is right on about the rallies. All kinds go...you will see aLOT of things, sometimes things that you don't want to but as long as everyone respects everyone else things are cool. And if by chance there is someone who disrespects you, there are enough around you to take care of things. But you have your own security right with you

LOL @ everyone ending up with wet pants after getting together with the hilarious Colleen

I am plugging through a chest cold that started as a sore throat and ache-yness, now each morning my chest feels so tight and it does loosen up with hot coffee then a hot shower, but I am definitely fighting it. I will win

We have a local rally to go to this weekend, friends of ours dreamed this up last year and have worked hard and it is finally here, they have a facebook page and a very nice website (my DH did the website ) it is the Crossroads Motorcycle Rally if you want to just peek at it.

I can't take any weekend days off this time; but the plan is we will get there Friday afternoon/evening to set up camp (its just a field, primitive camping) spend the night; then I get up early Saturday and ride to work (my work is only like 9 miles from there) where I can have coffee and shower and then work a bit; then hopefully be done early afternoon and go back to the rally and repeat

As I am VP of our motorcycle organization and our Pres is on a family trip, I need to put in an appearance for the organiziation, we have a vendor's admission for that and the trailer and table and materials should be there...so DH and I do our time there, and hopefully have fun later.

OK need to drink more coffee to loosen up my chest, have a great day!!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #279  

I am in Chicago and wanted to post how disappointed I am in our judicial system! I was getting coffee before my class and read the headlines...... The lady who hit the motorcyclist while she was polishing her nails got a whopping 18 months in jail. I didn't read the full story but the headline was so heartbreaking! It's not fair to the motorcyclists' family!

Thank you both for the advise on rallies. I really liked the old Shawnee one.

CC those rains do feel like needles! I am glad you like your job.

Holly have a good time at the rally. Your dedication is part of the reason for you being vp.

I have to go..... Class is starting
Old 07-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #280  

Hi girls- just wanted to stop in and say HI

Have fun Holly I will check it out on facebook

Tammy hope you are enjoying your time as well

Hi Colleen and Dawn
Old 07-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #281  

I got the bike fixed today. I was going to have it looked at & everything but it has rained here for 2 days. Sat DH & I went & picked up the part & asked what it would cost to give it an oil change & look it over. They told me it wounld be $235 for a tune up, oil change & to check the carbs- it included labor. I'm glad I didnt take the bike in cuz I cant afford that right now. My friend came over today & fixed it. Very simple & if it every needs to be done again I know how. He also showed me where the plug is to change the oil, he says the hardest part is figuring out how much oil it will take the 1st time. He tightened the chain for me as well & said it will take off different now. I hope it will be easier. I washed it up so it looks real good now. My other neighbor gave me some chrome polisher & degreaser that I will need to do the next time since he gave then to me after I already put it away. I plan on taking it out tomorow if it is not raining.

All the rain we had we got water in the basement & ended up digging up the yard to drain the water out to the front of the yard. The night we got it in it rained again. We did not have any more water in the basement then we did before so I am hoping that it fixed our problem. We do need to fix the basement wall cuz we can see a nice big crack where the water was coming in.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #282  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Dawn, Glad you have your bike back. It's nice you've got it all cleaned up and ready to go. Ours could use that too. DH is taking the cycle to N Dakota with a friend and the guys 2 brothers this weekend.

Holly, hope you get over the cold. Ick. Doesn't make for good times.

Tammy tell us about your trip. My kids and significant others are going this weekend to 6 Flags and to Chicago to the aquarium and museums.

Reda, don't work too hard--more like too much. Been there and done that. Wasn't really worth it.

So, I'm gonna have the weekend alone with everyone on vacation. I get to babysit dogs for the kids and mow lawn for the husband. I don't mind though.

Rent-a-dog has gone to his new home now. The owner was unable to take him back. She ended up that she is broke, will have to sell both her houses, is getting a divorce, and has 6 kids still at home. I can't imagine why she can't have a beasty dog too... I know she is having a terrible time letting him go.

I'm going to go to a WW meeting tomorrow night. I know I have a problem when I order 2 ice cream Blizzards, because I have a coupon for buy one get one free, and then I eat them BOTH! I don't know why, I can't expalin it, it doesn't make any sense...I just sabotage any efforts I have made to lose weight. I am the EXTREME Yo-Yo dieter! I yo-yo faster than anyone I know! I can weigh myself in the morning, and eat double helpings of goodies by lunch! Is there a fix for stupididty like that?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #283  

I didnt get the bike out yesterday. I did get it out tonite. It took off much better with the chain tightened. I didnt have any problems with it except for the 2 times I thought it was in 1st gear & was in 2nd. I will feel much better when I do not take my turns as wide as I do. It felt so good to be out on it. After tonite I feel comfortable enough to take it out on my own, but I will wait for my friend when I want to go for a joy ride.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:20 AM   #284  

Only have a minute so just wanted to pop in and say Hi

Haven't had a bunch of time lately but I do have to say my son won his race again last night and got 2nd on Sunday

I will check back in later- have a great HUMP DAY
Old 07-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #285  

Good Morning Girls- wow what a busy summer

Holly have you found out whats wrong with your bike yet?

Well girls it is Thirsty Thursday and we have our weekly supper ride tonight
so probably won't get to check back in till tomorrow so have a great day
Closed Thread