Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Okay ladies,

I have to make today brief.... but I am excited..... Let me apologize if it is boring to some of you.... or too nerdy.

Holly, CC, and Colleen, you all know me well enough to know I am a book nerd.... well, I have found another book that perfectly makes sense for ME! You know this deployment has kicked me in the teeth and I have decided to start anti depressants again.... but I don't like the side effects. So--I started researching. I found a book called "Potatoes not Prozac". I am 1/2 way through it and it is ME! It is for either recovering alcoholics (not me) or children of alcoholics. It links alcoholism to sugar sensitivity. How not only does a child of an alcoholic (or anyone with alcohol in their genes) have sugar sensitivity, but they more than likely have issues with serotonin levels (why the antidepressant works for awhile), and blood sugar levels, as well as something called a beta-endorphine (which causes the mood swings). So.... I am only 1/2 way through but it explains why we are and do the things we do. I have not gotten to the part (well I cheated) about diet, but it is pretty much a clean eating lifestyle to keep the levels even.

BUT, it did say that one way to tell if this is you is if you suffer from seasonal depression (and it gives the reason why it hits you so hard). It is interesting (for me) and it helps me be able to think about what i am eating in a different sense.

Sorry if I bored you all to death with yet another eating book. Lol. This one is not really for WL, but it can be if you want it to be... it is more about depression.

Holly, Girl, everytime you think negative thoughts about your arms--- remember your dumpster dive and think of how many people (in a crowd) could do that.... seriously.

Hope everyone else is well.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

I defiantly need to loose some weight now (& keep it off) I found a hot tub on CL for $250. Not working but parts come with it. DH called & we will be picking it up tomorow. The hot tub will end up costing more then $250 cuz we now have to do some rewiring so the house can handle the extra load. Thats OK cuz DH is an electrical engineer & loves to do that kind of stuff but its the cost of the supp;ies for it that will add up. I excited the summer cant get any better I'll both my motorcycle & a hot tub to enjoy!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #213  

So, Tymaboy..... where do you live? Lol. Just kidding.

I am not going to say I am on my plan 100%, but I am trying to keep it under control.

I did not do bootcamp this AM but I ran 5k. It took me 39 minutes, so I need to work on that..... but I DID IT! I think I am going to run 3 times a week and only do boot camp 2 times. Since I have cut down on doing bootcamp 2 times a day and running or walking 5 miles, my body feels a little better..... so I am going to keep it at this level for a bit.

I don't have many plans for the weekend. How about you all?

Tammy
Old 06-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Girls - sorry I have been MIA

Yes been busy with work during the day but also very busy in the evening
we had that really bad wind come through and storms and had alot of yard clean up to do plus we had our Rider Meeting and then our supper ride, oh and we had to take my bike to the shop again something about the electronic compression valve?? Another $300 and $200 labor but I will be able to pick it up next week- Up early today because my boss is letting me borrow his bike until mine gets fixed so we went and got it last night before we left for the races and now this morning I need to get it all cleaned up and ready for our Poker Run this morning -(it is a street glide) very nice bike - Yesterday he told me to take off work and come home riding and thats when I told him that my bike was in the shop-
Not sure if I told you this story but about 5 years ago my bosses wife served him divorce papers then that same week his 2 teenage daughters ran a stop sign and got hit and neither one made it through so the last 5 years has been rough on him and well he really just kinda given up but then again who wouldn't- so he has probably gained over 200 pounds and really doesn't ride anymore and insisted that I take his bike to put some miles on because it just sits in his garage- We are talking custom paint job, bore kits, chrome the whole works but he can afford it he is a multi millionaire-

DS got 2nd again at the races last night - it is Awesome Biker Nights in Ia so we will do the poker run then go done town for that then off to the races again tonight -

Hopefully it will slow down just alittle over the next couple of weeks- I can hope you know

Tammy sounds like a great book to help deal with some of the issues instead of masking it with medication that you said only works for a while

Holly I do have to agree with Tammy if anyone ever says anything about your arms just think of your flat tummy and those abs - I am one that carries my extra flab in the tummy all my limbs look like those of a chicken.....

tymaboy hot tub sounds really good and you got it at a bargain price as we have been looking at them as well- I think I may have to come visit you are you close to SD?

Hi Colleen

Ok girls better get my butt a moving have a great weekend and I will try to check in more often again
Old 06-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #215  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello chicks!!

Tammy that book sounds extremely interesting!! I would like to read it. Anything that can possibly help us and give us info and insights and such is great. Congrats on running 5k!!!! that is such a huge thing to me. I think that you will find the correct combo of running and boot camp that will , as you say, make your body feel good; exercised but not worn out.

tymaboy, congrats on the hot tub!! and at us who want to visit you I have to say that there have been times, after being caught in a cold rain riding for hours, that a hot tub soak is the only thing that will reach down to your marrow in your bones and warm you up!

Reda, that was soooo tragic about your boss's daughters, OMG. Poor poor man. And what a guy to let you borrow his custom bike!! Hope you get yours back quickly and that it won't cost as much as you dread. Sorry to hear about the wind damage and all the extra work; and congrats to your racing son!

I got some more bling for my bike I know I posted the pic of the skull bolts on the new (and huge) windshield...and I told you of the skull-tipped brake and clutch levers...but did I tell you about the Kury "Zombie" foot pegs? and the ss cut-out radiator cover? (Yes I know you HD owners are scratching your heads, 'what's a radiator' ) I will have to make DH take some pics to show you. I tell you, I really owe my friend a favor for knocking over my bike

well I can hardly believe it but next week is Harley Rendezvous!! I haven't done ANYTHING in preparation. Either with planning or packing. I am a little bummed at myself that I did not try to find another tanning place, so I am rather pale in comparision to how I usually am. Being tanned just makes me feel so much more confident when I have a bikini top on. But I will just deal. I have started with the teeth whitening strips, and I have a hair appt. this Tuesday so at least that body maintenance will be done.

and I haven't even thought of my work planning, if I am taking Friday, Sat. and Sunday off, I need to have prepared and either frozen or ready-to-go, major amounts of desserts and cookies. The hardest part is just for me to sit down and make decisions on what to make; but then once I have my 'to do' list I just attack it and it won't be so bad. Just each day this week I will make one extra thing and freeze it.

The Harley Rendezvous is 'primitive' camping which means no hookups for campers or RVs. And of course no electric for your tent!! They have the usual port a potty stations which can be horrendous later in the day; but they also have a lady "Taj Ma Potty" who runs the flushing toilets; it is a trailer that is outfitted with maybe 5 or 6 real toilets with wooden partitions and a shower curtain in the front. Hers is for ladies only; I don't know the working condition of the men's side. Then she has a real sink with running water, soap and paper towels, a mirror, and a table with extras like lotions, little wrapped candies..you leave a dollar tip and she is happy and so are you NOthing is as nice or as private as your own bathroom but this is much much better thing than a port a potty.

they also have hot showers, I think open at 6 am and no lines then but as the hours go by the line gets long and I think I waited 45 minutes last year. But once in side after you shower there is a counter to plug in your hair dryer and mirrors.

Even though it is called "Harley Rendezvous' I have never heard anything bad about riding my metric there; it is not Harley only, the more important thing is bikers getting together and partying.

Yesterday, DH and older son (the one who rides) took a quick trip to Laconia NH for a bar meet, because it's Bike Week. It was so kewl to have our son ride with us! it is kinda long to get there, 2 1/2 hours one way (about 130 miles I think) and we stayed for only 2 hours, but you really can't talk or visit with your freinds because its' so noisy. It was our son's first time being around more than 20 motorcycles; try 20,000

okay I need to force myself to work out I really gabbed alot didn't I!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #216  

CC, I hate to hear about your bosses' misfortunes. It sounds as though he is a very kind and generous man... at least in the bike area. I hope he is able to climb his way out of his sadness one day. That is a lot for anyone to hande.
Good job on your DS racing. He is so talented in that field. Is he tring to go higher in it or just keeping it as a hobby. There are some boys I used to go to church with around here that are going "semi pro" like. (sorry for the lack of a better term).

Holly, girl, you have that bike rocking! It is bad that it was turned over, but good you get to put all that stuff on it.

That Harley event sounds fun. Where is it? I won't be going this year..... but maybe in the future.
I never raise an eye to people who ride metrics on any event branded "Harley". The way I see it is we all have riding in common. I hear of some that would not "mix" like that..... but I see we all have our preferences of different things. IMO, a rider is a rider. I also have heard of people not waving at crotchrockets. Again, a rider is a rider. I would not ride one (at my age) and I am sure that they would not ride mine either. Lol. And btw, I stared out on a Honda.... and loved my radiator! Lol.
at the taj ma potty!

I am going to have to get off here for now. Will gab more later.

Hope everyone is okay.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Default gimping home

We made it home from camping. Rent-a-dog did great! Very good with people and other dogs! Had my brother's family and our parents over for breakfast at the camp site on Sunday. Was very nice.

On the way home we lost all function of the clutch! Tim did very well going clutchless! I would have been a goner, and needed a tow truck for camper and truck!

Gonna have to spend some more $ getting the truck back in workable condition. Also the tires popped on our bikes in the heat! (old and needed to be replaced anyway!

I am very crazy-tired today! I'm needing a nap in the very worst way! DS is sick with high feaver and cough. DD isn't doing much better!

You all sound very busy! Chat more later.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #218  

I also belong to a motorcycle forum & one of the threads on there is about how other bikes dont wave too. I myself am not good enough to wave at other bikes as well but I dont see what the difference is between the type of bike your riding compared to another rider either. I find myself waving to bikers that pass me while I am walking & they most of them wave back as well, or atleast nod.

DH & I enjoy camping as well. Loosing the clutch sounds scary expecialy when your towing something. Not sure I could have handled it. DH truck is an automatic (he prefers automatics to sticks) I would rather have a stick (odd I know) DH was not very good with a stick when I had one. Most cars now a days are automatics so I dont have much of a choose anymore. I had a neighbor this weekend work on a 2500 truck & when I was walking by he made a comment about how I could take it for a test ride for him but its a stick. I think I surprised him when I told him I know how to drive a stick.

I went off my diet this weekend but made sure to eat in moderation & not go over board on the carbs or junk food. I hoped on the scale this morning & I am still at 144!! The hot tub deal did not go threw We had told the guy that we would take it & could not go get it till about 4:00 on friday - He sold it to someone else Friday morning & did not call to tell us. DH took 1/2 day to go to store to pick up some wires to rewire the garage for it & to pick up the trailer to go get it. Good thing DH called before we left to make sure it was ok or we would have made an hour & half drive for nothing. DH is still going to rewire the garage for when we do get a hot tub.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #219  
Biker Chick!

Tymaboy, sorry the hot tub deal didn't go through Maybe there will be a better deal next time! I also try to wave at everyone, but sometimes your attention is needed or both hands needed. Then I try to give a nod. And I try to not get my feelings hurt if my wave isn't returned

Colleen, how does one ride the bike without a clutch?? I guess skillfully! congrats to Tim for being able to do that!

Did major amounts of laundry today after work, hopefully I won't have to do it again before we leave. Got a couple things crossed off my work list too, just 3 days to go! Thursday will be my 'crunch' day!

Oh lucky me!! I went to my fave thrift store, and really was looking for another bikini top; a pair of jeans, and some kind of sandals. Well I got 2 pair of sandals that I really like and are comfortable; a pair of jeans that are so-so, and a cute black t shirt. No bikini top but you can't win em all.

Hey, did you guys enjoy the Solstice today as much as I?? here it was sunny, breezy, maybe mid to upper 70's..and the sun was up from 5:08 am to 9:41! I tell you..if I could have that all year, I would NOT sink into my horrible long term depression!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 06-21-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #220  

I did not see the Solstice.

Tymaboy, darn my bags were packed to come see you and the hot tub. But, like Holly said, maybe a better deal is waiting.

Colleen, glad you got back safely. I can drive a vehicle without a clutch..... it is not ideal at all. I am glad rent-a-dog did good. Are you going to be able to detach from him when it is time for him to go home?

Holly, I hope you enjoy your trip. I bet it will be a blast.

Tammy
Old 06-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #221  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
Tymaboy, darn my bags were packed to come see you and the hot tub. But, like Holly said, maybe a better deal is waiting.
I hope you didnt unpack those bags yet!!

Last nite DH & drove about 3 hours (1 way) to pick up a hot tub. They were asking $450 but were not sure if it worked anymore. They took it in as payment for rent & the guy told them everything was good nothing wrong. They had a few other bites for it but wanted to see it running. The guy was going to go out & buy the 220 (??) plug for it so he could plug it in & fill it up. I think that is just nuts to do it right so they didnt burn something up (or down) would cost them more money then it was worth not to mention the amount of water to fill it up. Our thought when we read it on CL was as long as it ante cracked & leaking DH could probably fix it. We get there the tub looks new nice topper for it but when you look at the "brains" of it the control box is taped shut. The guy said that the other own did that cuz the clips broke off so we tore the tape off to look & there are burnt wires. DH thought it look right anyway due to the voltage of heater compared to the other wiring that was showing before we looked into the control box. Long story short we got it for $250 (running price for non working hot tubs on CL) DH is glad we were 1st cuz who knows what would have happened since the guy selling it had no clue about wiring or let alone the person looking to buy it. I hope DH can fix it for a couple hundred or less, to buy the parts for it is $600 or more. On our way home we stopped at Burger King (yep blew the diet) This morning I woke up at 4:00am cuz of a storm & felt fine but when I woke back up at 6:00am I felt awful. I had to have DS call the daycare parents to let them know I couldnt watch the kids today. DH got up not feeling the best either so we are wondering if its the flu or food poisoning. I am finaly feeling better but not sure what to tell the daycare parents about tomorow. If it is the flu I dont want want the baby to get sick but if its food poisoning I am guessing I will be fine (never had food poisoning like this before)
Old 06-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #222  
Biker Chick!

tymaboy, OMgosh about your not feeling well, and maybe either flu or food poisoning! sure hope you feel better now. And congrats on the hot tub and I hope your DH can fix it without too much $.

Tammy, the Harley Rendezvous is in Mariottsville, NY; it is a few miles outside of Amsterdam. I am almost packed I am bringing a few fun outfits. and of course all the accesories, makeup, etc. DH just packs two black t shirts and he's done

Hi Reda! is your bike done yet? and how is the new job going. I hope very well.

I'll say 'bye' to you tomorrow morning!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:57 AM   #223  
Biker Chick!

good morning! hopefully we will be leaving by 8 am, it is a beautiful day here and over in NY today, so at least we will have 1 sunny day!! (maybe 40 percent chance of showers for Sat. I think, but those aren't bad odds!) talk to you when we get back on Sunday!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Well girls I see I have some catching up to do -

Holly have fun on your trip - we leave in 6 days for ours and yep I have started going through all my clothes as well especially since us girls are theming it- way to much fun

Tymaboy glad to hear you got a hot tub and hopefully it doesn't cost to much to fix-

Oh shoot phone is ringing gotta go - I will check back in later
Old 06-25-2010, 09:13 AM   #225  

VermontMom- Hope you have a great & safe trip! I dont know about anyone else but I always enjoy seeing picture (hint hint )

I feel much better today. The scale says I lost a lb from hardly eating the last 2 days. I wish it was more but maybe this means it wont come back as fast. The parts for my friends bike finaly came in this week so maybe this weekend we can make it out for a ride. The hot tub is not going yet. DH has been going back & forth about what he wants to do- fix it himself & put a digital screen on it or just buy the part. Plus trying to decide where to put it. I think we have decided to put it on the deck & reinforce it some so we know it can handle the weight of it.

What kind of diet is everyone following? I am thinking of trying something new but not sure what yet. I dont like having to count calories or anything. I guess I really should not worry about it too much since I have slowly been loosing with cutting my carbs.
Closed Thread