Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

sorry I have been MIA for awhile. A lot going on.... knock on wood, it maybe leveling out again.

Holly, that is funny how they know you by yelling at people who cut you off.... I am sure it won't be long until I get the same reputation.

Colleen, awesome job on the WW WL. Keep it up. As for me, I never run to the bathroom jumping over dogs and yelling "just a minute mommy will let you out" only to run back to the scales in my bedroom after peeing so I can then weigh in the nude. Nope, not me! Lol.

CC, sorry I didn't tell you have a safe trip before you go. I hope you had a blast.

I will try to check in a little more frequent now that things have gotten back to normal. I am starting another competition at bootcamp tomorrow to get me back in the groove of going regularly and to get the "deployment" 10 off.

Y'all have a good day.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

It ended up clearing up today. We went for a 3 1/2 ride today. The only place we had to go to was Target & ORielys Auto store. The rest of the time we just drove all over Dbq. I told Francis (my friend) that I want to try a bigger bike. At one point I had the acceleration as far as it would go. He said he didnt think it would take me long & knew I would want to upgrade. We called it quites when we did cuz his daughters (& mine) back started to get sore. I didnt realize we were out as long as we had been.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #303  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning!

Tammy!!! You will 'get your groove back'. I need to also. Let's groove together

tymaboy! that was a long ride. Yes, sounds like you're ready to move up to a bigger bike. Would you buy new or used?

Colleen! how ya doin, girlie. Do you need us to get on you?

and to Reda, havin fun out there

trying to wake up here. Boy I am missing the 5 am sunlight already. If there was anyone who was fighting nature against losing daylight, it is me Don't know yet if I'm riding to work, looks kinda wet out there still. I spent hours cleaning her in the past few days and hate it when it all gets yuck in a few minutes.

Hey I'm almost at 50,000 on my '06 A guest at work yesterday saw my bike, and just so patronizingly said, 'hey, doesn't matter that its not a Harley, at least you're riding'. Because he was a guest, I kept my mouth shut but it was hard. I wanted to say, hey, flaccid beer-belly, WHO is on a bike right NOW? I haven't heard a comment like that in so long, I thought maybe all the a-holes were gone

Last edited by VermontMom; 08-09-2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Points

I've been a WW point counting fool. It about knocked me over to find that a McGriddle had 10 points! Normally, I would have 2 of those and the hashbrowns, with a chocolate milk for breakfast out. That is a whole day of points!! OMG! After eating a piece of cake this weekend, I had to forgo supper as the points were GONE. I do think it is a good way to put things in perspective for me though. Points are easier than figuring how many calories are in stuff, and trying to add it up. I just need to figure first, THEN eat. My plan of eating first and seeing what's left over isn't going to work out very well!

Sounds like you have all been doing some riding! Good! We went on Saturday, and goofed around for the better part of the day. Friday I had taken off work, and we sided the garage. Ran out of materials, so that was our excuse Saturday--had to order more! Yesterday was quiet.

We booked a week long Las Vegas vacation for just me and DH in September. It will be the week following our anniversary, as DH couldn't get that time off. 1 more month!!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #305  

I have a question for all of you have have med to long hair. What hair gadgets do you wear with your helmet? There is only one that I have that I find does not hurt my head & that is one of those as seen on tv combs

I always have my hair pulled back so it is not in my face. I put one of those in then put the rest in a pony tail down along my neck area so the helmet fits on.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #306  

Default hair

I use a bandana when not wearing a helmet and just a low ponytail when I do wear a helmet. There really isn't much hair flying with the helmet--I have a 3/4 one. I think a 1/2 helmet might require more control of the hair.

Tonight is WW weigh in again. I think it will be a good loss--even though I have had 30 sodas today. Well, maybe not 30, but a LOT. It's hot out! I drink diet pop, but know the water weight is high.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #307  
Biker Chick!

tymaboy - I wear a low ponytail, or two pigtails. I used to wrap a bandanna around my head also (along with pulling it back) but it just seemed to add to the already squashed hair, lol. But if my head's cold I might add the bandanna also. Or on cold mornings when I wear a hoodie under my leather jacket, I put the hood up, then the helmet.

Colleen - fingers crossed for a loss for you tonight!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #308  

Default silly

It kind of defeats the purpose to go to a WW meeting, weigh in, lose 4 pounds, and then have a big supper with steak, taters and corn on the cob huh? Yep. I thought so. Just checking. The fresh corn was wonderful! I am still thinking of it!

Breakfast consisted of a yogurt. Wishing for something a little more filling to come my way. Cereal just doesn't seem to last very long either. I hit a horrible low after a couple hours, and can hardly stay awake! What do you gals eat for breakfast?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #309  

I do (or try to do) the Primal diet. I like it better then Atkins cuz I can eat more fruits & veggies. I usually only drink coffee for breakfast. If I get real hungry before lunch I will make a 3 egg omlet with whatever I can find to put in it. That usually tides me over till dinner. I have taken the bike out every day this week, I am finding that it is helping me stay away from food. If I was sitting at home I would end up thinking about food (DH snacking doesnt help) I cant wait for a day that we dont have something going on so I can attemp to take it out of town for the 1st time. When I take it out of town I dont want to do it when it is getting dark. I am one of those drivers that dont like driving at nite.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:32 AM   #310  
Biker Chick!

Colleen - for breakfast, I have to have protein like eggs, or egg substitute; or chicken (leftover from previous night) with eggs. Or a piece of whole wheat bread with 2 TBsp. peanut butter and maybe a yogurt with that. Otherwise I am also hungry all morning. The eggs are what 'hold' me. If I am at work, I raid the walk-in and sometimes score a piece of swordfish from the night before

tymaboy, night riding is magical to me, IF I am riding pillion behind DH Otherwise it is a little 'white knuckling' at times for me too. Because of course of limited sight, and the animals at night being so unpredictable.

Hi Tammy how are you doing?

I should be working out now, while it's still chilly, and before work, instead of after work, when I'm hot and lazy feeling.

have a great day!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:33 AM   #311  
Biker Chick!

Colleen - LOL @ your 'yo yo' name
Old 08-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #312  

Default Eliptical sabotage

I tried to get in a workout last night. Really...I did. 3 phone calls later, I gave up! Sombody must have been telling me to take it easy! At least that's what I did! Ha!

A company that we do business with brought candy into work for us. 3 bags! I took the sugar-free one. So yummy! Baskin Robin's Pralines 'n Cream hard candies. Once I have one, it's hard to stop! I need to have a machine that will only dole out the food I need or am allowed like a zoo animal! I'm not to be trusted with food of any kind!

Tammy and Reda, are you out there? Hope you are having a good time. Summers get busy don't they?!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #313  

I am a very happy camper tonite. Took the bike out on the highway for the 1st time since I took it over the WI bridge (when I got scared from the ruts in the road) We went to Epworth & back. It was great! I was not nervous at all (well maybe a little) I even had a couple semis pass me. Our next big (LOL) trip will be to Bellevue (about 30 miles 1 way) to visit a friend. The last time I went they seemed surprised I did not take the bike.

DS & I also have a date tonite. We are going to the midnite showing of expendables. DH has to work tomorow so he's not going. DS went out & bought candy & jerky for at the movie & told me I can get the drinks. I just need to order something that does not have caffeine in it that will keep me up all nite. I have to do a bunch of baking tomorow for our block party on Saturday.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:48 AM   #314  
Biker Chick!

Colleen - sorry the phone calls got in the way of your workout!

tymaboy - congrats!! that's exactly how I built my riding experience, one expedition at a time. Keeping your cool when the semis pass you, that is a big thing Way to go!!!

I haven't worked out in DAYS. I had all these big mind ideas that, for the Toy Run tomorrow, when I have to speak in front of 1000 bikers, that I would be superbly fit ...well that doesn't happen if you don't work out for weeks ahead of time Oh well. I just have to concentrate today on doubling up my workload so I can take tomorrow off.

Hi Tammy ! and Reda! do we know when Reda gets back?

hope everyone has a great day
Old 08-15-2010, 06:46 AM   #315  
Biker Chick!

I need a new weight loss/size goal - seeing pics, I either need to wear jeans that aren't so tight OR get smaller!
Closed Thread