Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Weekend again! Just 8 more hours...

Hi all.

Rent-a-dog is great. I have contacted the owner to tell her I will not be keeping him though. She is thinking of keeping the dog and leaving her husband! I do have a permanent home lined up for him if she is unable to take him back. We have been riding bicycle a lot (since I got the tires replaced on the bike!) Last night I got tangled up with 2 labs that came out to the road. No one got hurt--not even a scuffle. I just yelled--DOGS! The lab owners came to my rescue. If R-a-D didn't have such a good personality we could have had a huge problem!

Tymaboy: When is the hot-tub party? We should all ride in for a relaxing soak!

What is this?? Everyone going on vacations! We have work to do this weekend, and will have camping at our place the next--4th of July weekend. We don't have too much planning to do for the occassion, but do need to clear out 1 garage and the new shed!

About last weekend: It was the truck that the clutch went out on--1/2 way back from MN camping. Pulling a 17000#, 36' 5th wheel trailer in tow. DH did good! Hope this weekend we can get it fixed again. We didn't take the cycle. Had a good time at my nieces open house for her housewarming party. We gave a gift of baking supplies and mixes and a really cool cake plate from Pampered Chef all in a big basket.

June was booked solid with things happening. July is looking much better! Hope to get a few things done, and maybe do some cycle riding!

See ya. Work to do--customers don't seem to know when I am "busy"!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Holly, Have fun!

CC, wow, I did not realize it was that close to you going on your trip.

Colleen, how are you?

Tymaboy, I was doing a modified WW through most of my WL.... but I have stumbled upon some depression issues and I am trying to eat "clean" and see if that helps a little. If you don't like to do without carbs and count things... eating clean is eating mini meals with both a lean protein and a complex carb. my favorite breakfast is a banana wrapped in a wheat tortilla with peanut butter. There is a book by Tosca Reno that outlines the principals. I am not as strict as her.... but I know it makes me feel better when I do without the processed foods (junk foods mainly).
I am glad you are feeling better..... and I hope the hot tub works out.

So, before I go..... I have a small funny story. I had my nails done yesterday in for a few reasons, it makes me feel better when they are done, my bday is coming up, lil sturgis, and a trip to Chicago.... well, I had them done with pink tips and glitter in them (I have never done this before) so in true biker chick fashion I decided to go for it. Well, they are cute. My favorite color is pink.... I was so proud of them. I went out to the car to show DH and he said they are cute...... "but it looks like you dipped your fingers in pepto bismol"..... the sad part is..... HE IS RIGHT.... it looks like I dipped my fingers in it and glittered them. I wanted the HOT pink, but since I am in an office I decided to go with a little more professional look.... I guess it backfired.

Y'all have a good day.

Be safe!
Old 06-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Colleen seems that you are very busy as well- nothing wrong with that but it does make the summer go by way to fast

Tammy to funny about your finger nails- I was reading it to DH because I was just telling him that I am going to get my nails done today as well and was thinking of doing and orange tip? Not sure what I am going to do though- I do know that toe nails are going to be clear glitter with black and orange swirley stripes-

Well today I am catching up on cleaning the house which to start means 6 loads of laundry - sink full of dishes and we need to get patio set down to river cabin along with recliners I bought and new carpet - hmmmm won't be enough time to get everything done but I am sure going to try

Well girls don't want to spend to much time on here because then you get sucked in and don't get anythign else done so i will check back in later
Have A Great Weekend
Old 06-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #229  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello!! we're back! Friday was gorgeous to ride there, it takes us about 5 hours to get there and we arrived maybe 3 pm, I was ready for a drink!! we were about to set up our canopy/tent when some friends, who just got a nice camper from their parents, said that we could sleep in the other platform bed on the other end, and we said YES, THANK YOU! so that was so nice. And so much better to do costume and accessory changes in the camper, with lights, instead of hopping around crouched in a tent, by a lantern!

It rained a little there yesterday, about 2 hours, then cleared up again so that was great. Got home today about 2 pm, only hit a little bit of rain.

Tymaboy, as soon as DH gets pics off the camera and on the computer, I'll post a couple! Hope you get the hot tub where you want it and get it operational soon .

Reda, hope you get all your work done so you can relax (and/or cut loose ) on YOUR vacation! Hey, do you theme your nails in Harley colors??

Tammy, your breakfast sounds soo good! and sensible. LOL @ the Pepto Bismol pink!! There is something else that is "Pepto Pink" - when I make a raspberry cheesecake at work, I fold pureed raspberries into the batter and it truly bakes out to a Pepto pink! LOL! But I bet your nails look beautiful in whatever shade of pink, with the glitter. I wish I could rock that look! (meaning I wish I had some nails!)

Why is unpacking from a trip such a drag I packed SO much for just two days but I believe I wore almost everything once, haha! Thank goodness for our pull-behind trailer to hold my clothes, makeup and jewelry!

After we got home today, I took out my contact lenses and promptly fell asleep for 2 hours solid. Then woke up, went online to check weather and see that it is going to rain for 2 days. Then I got busy to cut the grass because it needs it now and it will be worse if I leave it. DH unpacked the trailer so that was his work

well I better get to sleep, gotta get up early to work out, back to the routine.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

VermontMom- So glad you had a great time. Sounds like your friend had a popup? My inlaws have one that we borrow & its not like camping when you used a tend before.

Ladyrider- After reading your post about having nails done I decided it was time to paint mine. I dont do that often cuz the pant chips & I'm too lazy to remove it then. I did not do pink :-)

We did get the tub going on Sat. I got burnt but aloe is my friend & come this morning it was not a problem. I was more careful today. We do not have the heat hooked (who needs it when it hot & humid?) DH is trying to figure out the right amount of chemicals to keep all the levels where they need to be. We got very lucky the tub does work & it feels awesome!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #231  

Default Shed is clean!

That is ALL we managed to get done...but the garage and shed have been organized. The shed is for all the mower/garden/outdoor stuff. Things aren't hung up or put where they are supposed to be, but at least they are in the right building!

DH wants me to hire a cleaning lady--I've spoke about her recently. Tomorrow is the day she comes in for the first time. I'm still wanting to NOT have her in! I've got a horrible feeling that she'll claim a back injury and sue us or something. I just don't know...Besides, I hade to vacuum and clean up stuff so I wouldn't be embarrased when she gets there! That doesn't make any sense at all! Clean before the cleaning lady gets there! How do I know she won't go poking her nose through my stuff. Not that I have anything to hide, but it's OUR stuff. 1 time. If I don't love her, she's gone! This is stupid anyway. It's just me and DH. It's just a little dust and some cobwebs in the corners. At first glance, the house is clean. It's just when you really look hard that a person can see that I've missed a few details.

Having nails done...I've never done that. I'm envious of anyone with pretty nails. I have short, thin, brittle, ones that curl at the tips...HORRIBLE! I got that from my Momma.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #232  

Holly, I am glad you got back okay and had a good time. I bet it was a relief to get to stay in the camper as opposed to the tent.

Tymaboy, Wow... I need the tub.

Colleen, I am like you-- I clean before the cleaning people come (well when I was single I had someone). Now, I am living with 4 dogs and 3 men.... need I say more? It would take a cleaning army..... not just a "lady". However, I would not want someone going though my things.... whether they are worth anything or not.

Chopper, how are you? Let me caution you about the nails. I love them... but my son got me an early bday present of an iphone (since we are going to be doing some traveling). Well, the first thing the guy said was they don't work well with iphones. I had to get used to them.... but they are working together just fine now.

You know how some people just have a "thing" about beauty... well, mine are nails. I don't need makeup.... but I really like nails.

My DS#1 got his Kosovo address. He will be leaving Germany tomorrow. Please keep him in your thoughts for a safe flight.

So, as some of you know, with the deployment I started taking an antidepressant. Well, now I am stopping it. I am having brain "zaps" and I have been sick all weekend.... but I have decided I am just gonna cope with this deployment the best I can.
Oh, and DS #2 has his bike in the shop.... it may not be worth fixing and I still owe 4k on it! Yippee!

Thanks for letting me whine to you.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #233  

Default She's GONE!!

The cleaning lady came a day early, locked me out of the house, didn't dust or straighten anything! She admitted to dumping the bathroom cleaning water from the floors in the kitchen sink--with my dishes! Didn't touch the 3 season room that was needing to be cleaned--gets very dusty in there (she would have known that was what I needed IF she would have come at the correct time). What she DID do, was charge me for 4 hours cleaning to clean 2 showers (NOT dirty showers either!) and mop the bathroom and kitchen floors up. Bye-bye...I'd rather do it myself and DH can just deal with a couple of dust bunnies if I miss them!

I was irritated about this deal when I got home from work. To chill, I took Rent-a-Dog for a bike ride. On the way back "we" chased a squirrel up a tree! I went head over tea kettle, over the bicycle, pinching 2 of my fingers pretty good. I gathered myself up off the ground, and went to get the tree climbing Saint Bernard back in control. He was easy to get to at least. I biked my bloodied self home to sulk. I have nothing to show for this adventure to get me any sympathy! Just 2 bruised fingernails that actually I thought had been left at the scene! Hurt like the dickens!

The computer at home is down for the count. It's in for some fixin'. Then I was really wondering what to do with myself. Anything I thought I "needed" to do required the computer to look something up, get a number, whine...

When telling DH about my "wonderful" day, he let me know that we need a whole new (expensive) clutch for the truck, that it can't just be repaired. THEN, his buddy called him so he kicked me off the phone...that always goes over well!

I'm not much of a drinking gal...but I did have a Mississippi Mud Slide last night! I was kind of hoping for a better day today. It's not looking too bright either.

A guy from the regional office came in to see us today. He was razzing me about taking off the Monday after the 4th of July. I told him it wasn't a good idea to be jerking my chain today! The application process hasn't been working right on the work computers, people are stupid, and I could go on and on about stuff...I can feel my blood pressure rising as I type. I better go have some chocolate or something!

You all take care!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #234  

Colleen so sorry to hear about your day. Does the cleaning lady work for a company or is she independent? If she works for a company or someone else I would be calling & *****ing big time.

Ladyrider - DH & DS has Iphones. I also have natural nails (they get so long I have to clip them) When I use their phones I have to make sure to use the tip of my finger cuz the nails do not register on the phones. Its hard to see exactly what letter you hitting but the good this is the Iphones are smart & can guess what word you are typing. I dont think either my DH or DS will go back to any other phone. I myself have a smaller phone with a key pad that is easier for me to text.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #235  

Tymaboy, I like the phone for some things, but texting is not one of them. I would rather have my smaller one back, but I am going to keep the iphone.

Colleen, I am so sorry about your day..... but if it makes you feel any better both myself and an office mate got a laugh out of it. I know how it feels with Jake and "I" decide to chase a squirrel. If I don't see it first and talk him away from it..... "we" go flying through the neighborhood with me screaming like some out of her mind weirdo (at 4:50am mind you) for Jake to "STOPPPPPPPPP". I am sure all of my unemployed neighbors appreciate the wake up call. In fact, I am shocked that they have not slipped Jake a "mickey" by now for all of the antics early in the AM.
You really should be a comedian. Also, sorry about your cleaning night mare. I would find some way to tarnish her reputation! Its not slander if it is true!

Well, we got "lucky" on DS bike. It is not the motor A nut come off a sprocket (or something like that) and it was having a free for all in the primary case. But, it "only" costed $180 for them to get it. DS does not know yet.... he is still in trouble for speeding on it (before it "broke).

Well.... guess what? I bit the bullet and signed up for a 5k on Saturday. I promised my son I would do one in his honor, so I thought the "freedom" 5k was appropriate. Even though he will not see it..... I am doing it for him. I am going to sign my "bib" and send it to him. My goal is to make it through it and not need an EMT when I cross the line..... and to finish in under 40 minutes. If I cannot finish in 40 minutes, at least by when the park closes at 10pm (the race is at 8am). Wish me luck.... I sure need it. These past few months have made me not want to train like I should.....

Holly and CC, hope you are both well!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hi Girls

Holly sounds like you had a great time - can't wait till we get to leave Thursday Need a vacation and to see some pics
Work has been going good but while I suspended a manager I have also discovered that she has been helping herself to money as well - We are talking enough that we are calling the police - she doesn't know it yet because right now I just have her on suspension- people why do they think they can get away with sh*t like that???? You will get caught someday
Other than that I am really like my new job

I got my mani and pedi done - yes I try to theme my nails and toes with where we are going so like this weekend Harley my nails are orange tip with a thin glitter stripe between nail bed and tip - my toes are silver with orange and black stripes- when we go on our winter vacation I usually have palm trees painted on my toes

Tammy you will do a great job on your 5k run so you rock it girlie

Colleen cleaning ya I would have to clean before I let a cleaning lady into my house - and I don't want anyone going through my stuff besides the fact that we usually have a few hundred dollars or so in the house- you know just in case something comes up and we may not have time to get to bank or bank is closed...... Sorry to hear about your little accident with the rent a dog and squirrel but you are to funny

Well gotta get going I will check back in later
Old 06-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #237  

Was able to take the bike out today. If everything works out ride we will go for a longer ride tomorow! Its been awhile since I had her out & the last time my bike pants were snug. I thought that I would see a difference in them this time - yep I did but not the way I wanted. I almost didnt get them zipped this time. Very disappointing cuz other then this last weekend I have been doing good.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:35 AM   #238  
Biker Chick!

good morning and I have SO enjoyed all your last posts here :rotfl: I picked a bad time right now, have to get ready for work, but I WILL get back tomorrow when I have off to do a proper hello to you all! OH if I miss you, Reda, have a fanTAStic time at your rally!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:41 PM   #239  

Default back to topic

Weight loss is the reason I joined this board... I got up the courage to weigh in again. It's not pretty! Nearly back to where I started! I watched Huge on TV this week as I grazed on bagels and gooey cream cheese dip. I change the channel when I see Jillian! She is scarey! I don't think I would do well with someone yelling like crazy at me to run harder, faster, and jump higher! However, I'm not doing well with "MY" plan either! I watched a thing last night, as I was eating Hamburger Helper with extra cheesy goodness, about 5 friends committing to lose 30 pounds in 90 days. That sounded like it would work. Today I realized when I went to A & W for lunch that I am going to go broke eating lunch! A burger, chili fries and a soda--over 9 bucks! That will probably hit ME worse than the health aspect! Dang...why is food so expensive?

Tammy, good luck on the 5K. That's great! You sound like me...hoping to finish by the time the park closes! Ha! If I ran a 5K, the ambulance would get me out in no time at all! Glad DH's bike was a cheap fix.

Reda, hope you have a good time on the rally-vacation. Don't worry about the suspended gal...she's prbably stolen enough to live on for a while! LOL!

Holly, bet you are having fun! Enjoy!

Tymaboy, don't you hate it how those darn pants shrink when you don't wear them for a while!? There is something in my closet doing that to all of my clothes! I need to find the cure!

No major incidents to write about today. Just that I'm fat and broke after eating lunch. I did hint at the boss that today would be a beautiful day to have the afternoon off. Guess she didn't HEAR me! I'm still here!

Happy day. Tomorrow is July fool's day already!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:37 PM   #240  
Biker Chick!

good evening! Colleen, what to address first I think first sympathy at your fall with the dog! and then the incident with the terrible, terrible 'cleaning' lady! and then the expensive lunch well when you are ready for the weight loss thing I am sure you will attack it with as much gusto as you do everything else

Tammy, we are excited for your 5K this Saturday!!! that is awesome. I hope you finish in the time you want, with minimal discomfort I wish I could see your and Reda's beautiful nails as i've said before, I have the nails of a dirt farmer in China who digs with his bare hands well, I guess mine are cleaner than his!

tymaboy, hiya did you get your bike out again today? I forgot to answer your question about our diet programs. I "try" to count calories (meaning I guesstimate alot) and try to keep away from bad carbs. But I'm very inconsistant...I will give up a whole wheat bun for my chicken breast at dinner...and then have 2 cookies later. But at least I guess I'm not having both.

last night we (me and two girl friends) had our second organizational meeting, of what we are going to call The Pink Ride which will be a motorcycle Poker Run to raise money for breast cancer. My friend's sister was recently diagnosed and my friend just feels helpless but wants to do something. Right now we're just in the beginning stages and it's the awful part of schlepping around and asking (begging?) for donations. Hate that part!

Had rain for most of my day off today, blah. But I did laundry, grocery shopped, and bought a new vacuum cleaner because I just about THREW our old vacuum out the front door. A bad vacuum cleaner is the only thing that is supposed to 'suck' but it sucks when it doesn't suck! know what I mean?

this morning I did the Keli Roberts Step aerobics tape and held, first, 5 pound weights, then had to go down to 3.3 . Then her ab section. I realize I've stopped posting here about what I do for exercise, maybe I should get back to that to keep accountable.

have a great night! I have a long weekend of work to look forward to

Last edited by VermontMom; 07-01-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Closed Thread