Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Dog and I

We frequently chase squirrels up trees, rabbits to nowhere, birds off the ground. The newest one is romping through tall weeds after a butterfly. This would all be fine IF I wasn’t on the bicycle while it’s going on!! 2 times I’ve been dumped and drug! Most of the time we come to an understanding before it gets that far!

I clocked 2 miles with the car to see how far I would have to walk to get that in. OMG! I got tired of driving, let alone walking! Shame on me. Half way, I was at the convenience store, and I needed gas anyway, so I picked up the hugest single dip ice cream cone I have ever eaten! That might not be a good route for me to walk. I can see that it could be a big problem! So, after eating a huge ice cream, I couln't do much more harm so I finished off the night with a favorite--mac and cheese and went to bed early.

I have the right thoughts, just not the right actions. I can weigh myself in the morning (and not like the results), and by lunch eat a footlong sub and cookies to boot! How does my mind screw stuff up so bad!? I know what I want to do, and what NEEDS done, but I guess maybe just too lazy to DO it!

I ran (half jogging and gimping, holding onto my boobs so they didn't fall off me!) about a block the other day. I have no idea what got into me! I won't be doing that again any time soon! The next day I could hardly move! Everything but my nose hurt!

Sounds like you are all having a great time, and doing things you love! Keep on, keepin' on!

I've kept up with reading your posts, but haven't been a very good participant. Sorry.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post

I ran (half jogging and gimping, holding onto my boobs so they didn't fall off me!) about a block the other day. I have no idea what got into me! I won't be doing that again any time soon! The next day I could hardly move! Everything but my nose hurt!
LOL! I laughed when I read this. When I ran yesterday I had my arms resting under my boobs (which I noticed are shrinking :-( ) so they werent like that & DS hollered at me to swing my arms. He doesnt understand. This morning I was very sore. Hopefully it will be better tomorow.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. We have had internet problems and I have been unable to get on. I had a lazy birthday. We went to eat, I got my nails filled in, then we went to see Toy Story 3 (my choice). I had a good day. My DH bought me a set of saddle bags, then some heel rests the day after my Bday. DS got me an iphone.

Tymaboy and Colleen good job on running.

CC, gosh you sure are busy.

HOlly, it is great to be in your own bed.

Well I have a lot more to say, but DH is yelling for me to get ready..... we are leaving for Lil Sturgis Rally today (Kentucky)...... Woo Hoo it is a MUCH needed vacation from all the poop flying at work. We will be back Sunday, will gab more later.

Tammy
Old 07-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Tammy have a great time in Lil Sturgis- and yep it is that time of the year that everyone is ready and needs a vacation-

Colleen you are to funny but geez I would be totally bruised up if I had to keep going for the rides that you are going on I feel your pain with holding onto the twins shoot I would have black eyes if I didn't

Tymaboy yep boys will never understand the nuissance that boobs bring a women in more ways than not.......

Well girls have a great night and a great Thirsty Thursday

Oh so far 3 days totally OP again so I am hoping for a good weight loss again this week I can hope

Tymaboy
Old 07-15-2010, 06:01 AM   #260  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning chicks!! Colleen, everything you write is hilarious !! tymaboy, congrats on running a mile, that IS somethingbig! and Tammy, have a great time at Li'l Sturgis, are your nails hot pink to match things? oh and congrats on being OP for 3 days Reda!!

Colleen, my Eddie dog saw a chipmunk the other day and TOOK OFF, with me at the end of the leash...and I slapped down on the lawn like a bag of wet manure I'm very glad it was uphill, not as far to fall and gravity stopped me, haha!

Here just trying to recover from taking the weekend off, wouldn't it be great to have someone at home all day to do the picking up, vacuuming, laundry, etc. while we have a good time

hope everyone has a great day! we know Tammy will be having fun for the next few!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #261  

Default Oh boy! Almost Friday!

Friday and weekend coming soon!

I'm not sure why I am so interested in the weekend. We have NO plans. Not yet anyway. Sometimes that's good too though. Summers get filled up fast. We could go camping. It's unbearably HOT and muggy though. I don't want to be camping inside the trailer in the air conditioning all day. I can do that at home! We'll see.

Holly, I like the way you think! We should be out having fun while our work gets done! It seems like a great plan. Even when I tried something close to that it didn't work out! I think we are doomed to housework forever! I have never given any consideration of relating my body flops to the ground as similar to wet manure! You are very right though that it could be construed to be the same sound AND look depending on the weather! Ha!

Tammy, be sure to tell us about Lil' Sturgis when you are back. Have a great time!

Reda, Off to the races again this weekend? Keeps you busy!

Tymaboy, Let DH know if you are going to be swinging your arms instead of hanging onto the twins it might be with fists a fly'n!--Especially after going a mile--without a car!! Guys should just TRY to run with 15-20 pounds of boob hanging off the front of them. It would be good to see if their back hurt too! Or if those shoulder straps dig in!! LOL! I'm snickering just thinking about it!

Happy Friday to everyone!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #262  

I totally agree with the Friday and Weekend being so close

However we do have a busy weekend with about a 3 hour drive one way on Saturday to go pick up DS2's race car so now we will have both of them racing or will have in about a week- but he is keeping his job and liking and his paycheck was $700 2 weeks ago and he still has $500 in the bank so he is saving his money as well Good thing

Colleen and Holly you both are to funny with your stories of your dog escapades but the wet manure takes the cake
Holly hope everything is back to normal at work but I agree I would love for someone to take care of everything so I can just work and have fun but I know thats not happening and boy does my house need cleaned - haven't been home one single night in the last 12 and boy have things went to the wayside except for the laundry because we need clean clothes and dishes well haven't been home to have any dirty dishes (amazing I have been staying on plan but when we get home at night I have been cooking enough for lunch and supper the next day so I can eat quick before leaving) I want to get back to my 2-3 pound lost per week again

Ok well getting tired and this is already long enough so I will check back in tomorrow
Old 07-17-2010, 12:02 AM   #263  

I am seeing some progress. Remember how I was complaining about my bike pants that I had just barely got zipped? Well I took the bike out tonite & the pants zipped without a problem!

My friend finaly got his tags on his bike today so he came by to get me. He told me that we were going on the highway this time. Boy did I get nervous. We drove in town a little (enough for me to get used to the bike again) then we headed across the WI bridge. It was a rush but I was pretty nervous. The top speed on my bike is about 55-60 I had it at 55 before I slowed down a little. I thought I was driving on oil on the road by the way it was acting. My friend said it was the road cuz his was doing it too. After I headed home he went out a bit more. He called me & told me that his tire blew. He's fine, he did not drop it. So now he is thinking that is why his bike felt the way it did earlier. He's going to check my tires just in case but I am back to thinking that it was me.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #264  

Way to go Tymaboy sometimes even when you think you are not losing you are probably losing some inches which helps alot with those pants Your friends seems to really take care of you of course when it comes to the bike and riding - it is great to have a good friend like that
Sorry to hear about his tire though - we just put 2 new ones our DH's bike so we should be good to go for a while again hopefully

Went on poker run yesterday with heat index of over 110 but it was an evening one so really wasn't so bad that goodness... I bought DH new pipes and got them put on while he was gone picking up DS race car so he was surprised when he got home and jumped on bike to leave

Well I suppose I should get off here and run to wally world for a bit
Tammy how was Lil Sturgis????

Have a Great Day
Old 07-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #265  

ChopperChick355- I am very lucky to have him as a friend. He has noticed a few things on my bike that he would like to adjust for me. He also noticed a part missing. He had to go to the motorcycle store for his tire & was asking them about the part for my bike. They told him to be careful riding it till I get the part. I will have to call them on Monday to order the part cuz they close before I am done working. I figure it will be atleast a week before I can ride it again. I think when I talk to them on Monday I will see about making an apt & have them change the oil & look it over to make sure everything else is OK with it. I have not done anything to it when I bought it. The person I bought it from left it sit in the garage for 3 yrs before deciding to sell it.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:24 AM   #266  

Tymaboy yes def have it looked at- it really doesn't hurt anything and your life is worth much more than having something go wrong because it is only 2 wheels under you when riding....

Well tonights racing didn't go so well my son is leading the points standing and the 2nd place car came down into him in corner 4 took him out well actually not just took him out but it made him roll his car several times, posted pics on facebook it is totalled but they are out there pulling an all nighter to get it ready to go to shop tomorrow and hope it is something that they can fix without having to buy a new car because a new car well we are double digit thousands and really don't want to spend that amount of money.... You will have to check out pics on facebook- Great news he didn't get hurt (well he bit his cheek and it bled for awhile) he will be sore no doubt in the morning

Well sad to say it is already Monday and off to work but at least I do not have to get up at the butt crack of dawn this week thank goodness

have a great week
Old 07-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #267  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning chicks! Reda, OMgosh sorry about your son's car rolling in the race! you must have been to see that happen. And even a little cut is scary for a mom to see. I hope it doesn't take too much $$ to get the car back into shape. And holy cow you've had high temps to go riding!

tymaboy I hope it doens't take long to get your bike into riding shape, yes that is a good friend who keeps check on your bike to keep you safe. Glad he didn't have a problem when his tire blew!

Colleen, what did you end up doing for your weekend?

I finally have a day off, whew, I know I have had a couple weekends off lately but as you know preparing for a rally/trip isn't the same as having a day at home off I have SO much to do and hope to get alot done. One thing is a trip to the Transfer Station (dump) Our TV died a few weeks ago and we had a spare one, but DH just put the old TV outside, talk about looking ghetto So I made him put it in my car and I will take care of it today. Along with alot of 'stuff' I am going to toss.

I have slacked big time on exercising, you guys know how much I used to work out, just about every day..well I think I worked out 2 days last week. Not good. Well I had the heat to blame mostly. I've got to get back to schedule.

Hoping Tammy had a great time at Li'l Sturgis, I"m sure she is recovering now

have a great day chicks

Last edited by VermontMom; 07-19-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #268  

ChopperChick355-That must have been awful seeing your son go threw that. Glad to hear he is OK.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #269  

Default Weekend over

Friday we took a cycle trip with friends about an hour away to a drive-in restaraunt. Good food, good friends. When we got back we played a game of cards--Hand and Foot. Fun game. Girls won!!

Saturday DH and I went to Anamosa to Cycle shop-got windshield bags, to Galena to a HD shop for oil, filter, and rear shifter replacement that we lost somewhere! Then to Dubuque where we got a big filter system for the 200 gallon aquarium.

Sunday, the filter system set up. Got ready to go to a wake for a friend--44 that died from a brain tumor. Right before leaving I see that I had water all over the dining room (and basement!) as the pump was leaking! What a mess! I shut off the pump, got the mess sopped up, added water, went to the wake and started over when I got home. Fish are all good, floor is fine. Hope not to have that issue again!

Monday, back at work!

Reda, sorry to hear about your son's car, but very happy he is able to even think about driving it again!

Hope you all have a good week. I'm not quite up to par. Feeling icky. Uck.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #270  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2times2much View Post

Saturday DH and I went to Anamosa to Cycle shop-got windshield bags, to Galena to a HD shop for oil, filter, and rear shifter replacement that we lost somewhere! Then to Dubuque where we got a big filter system for the 200 gallon aquarium.

Hope you all have a good week. I'm not quite up to par. Feeling icky. Uck.
You were in my town!! Too bad I didnt know maybe we could have met up somewhere. Hope you get to feeling better.

I called the motorcycle shop & got the part ordered. When that comes in I will take the bike in & have them take a look at it & change the oil. My friend mentioned tightening up the chain so I will probably have them do it there.
Closed Thread