Old 03-07-2006, 03:03 PM   #241  
PurpleSunshine

Thanks for the input - just wondering sometimes if I could do that like a frozen dinner -
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:30 PM   #242  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I totally second what Juliemarie and Mary said. You can never, ever be too careful with little kids and men you don't know. Also, Barb, did you mention that she lives in subsidized housing? If so, she needs to make sure that it is okay for him to be staying there at all. I have had daycare moms kicked out of housing before because of unauthorized houseguests. Sorry if we all have scared you. I guess we have all either lived it or seen it before.

Welcome Corrina!!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:33 PM   #243  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Corinna! Hang in there with the center. How much do you have to lose all total?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #244  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Juliemarie, Shennie & Mary, I have felt the same feelings being I don't know this person and last week when I found out Jasmyne was given the option of staying home or going to school she told me she stayed home and Jay watched her again I told my DD you don't know this person why is he watching my DGD and she always says he isn't like that, like she new him in a past life or something. I think part of it is she is lonely and wants company and someone to love, but she is going about in the wrong way. I Shennie like you didn't make the wisest choices when I was young, but I learnt from my mistakes and am a lot wiser then I used to be and I love my family and that is why my feelings are the way they are. Shennie I think you are very wise and I love the fact that your BF would go out of his way to get out of bed that early to be an example to your son. I know your son will appreciate you as he continues to get older. Juliemarie I appreciate your thoughts and I do agree and her and I will talk soon. Mary it's funny how you say the apple shouldn't fall far from the tree. I'm always saying to my DH I don't understand how my DD is so different then I am when it comes to appreciating what others for you etc. I am going to start not helping so much and see if that makes any kind of difference. Thanks again for of your feed back as I knew I wasn't wrong in having the feelings I was and seeing you all feel the same.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #245  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Katie, no you are right she isn't supposed to have ANYONE spend the night and they made sure they said it more then once to her when she moved in and it's in writing. Even though we didn't want to we had told him we would allow him to sleep in our spare room as long as he was looking for work etc and it would be for a short time. Well of course he isn't looking out for my family’s best interest because he is over there. I told my DD more then once if she gets kicked off the program I don't want to hear her crying that she needs a place to stay, because I have had it. I will put my DGD up, but that's it. She thinks she is the first person that has broken the rules and feels she won't get caught. Her apt is being inspected today and instead of having him go else where she feels it will be ok that he is there. Talk about having no brains. She can't say she wasn't warned.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Went in for a weigh in this AM and was at 153.2
Two weeks ago @my last weigh in I was 153.6 and have been bouncing around ever since.
Admittedly I have been have a few too many cocktails and nibbles, but....it didn't slow me down this much in the beginning.
Yaaaargh - Holy stuck in the 150's batman.
I am going to try and stay perfectly POP and see if that old scale won't budge.

I want to see the 140's!!!!!!!

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #247  

Hi, friends, I've been MIA for a few days cause I'm really down on LAWL.

So we are moving to San Diego in a few months...went to my COD to see if I could transfer my membership or what to do. Basically they told me I am out of luck, that the centers are franchised, so I lose ALL the money I gave them, plus I will have no way to continue out there unless I pay again and start over at a new center. I shouldn't have let it, but it has sent me into a downward spiral of bad eating...I feel like giving up totally because I am now out several hundred dollars...and I have to do this on my own becuase I can't afford to go start over at a new COD. It just doesn't seem fair -- they should at least give me a portion of my $$ back becuase I won't be able to use all those weeks...I have to get the last 10-15 pounds off or I am afraid I will gain it all back and be where I started before I know it. I don't even want to go to my COD here now becuase I am so frustrated. Skipped my weigh in last week and they call all nice and fake to see how I'm doing. I'll tell ya how I'm doing...I'm pissed!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #248  
PurpleSunshine

Stiesta - I've not really dealt with a COD - but that doesn't sound right at all - I would call the 800 number that the ladies on here have and see what they say - even though it is franchised - it still is a corporate business - WW is franchised too - but you can transfer membership and weightloss....I would look into that further - but don't let them cause you to get down - no matter what you can do this!!! There is alot of us on here that don't go to the COD - we can help you as well as those who do - I think you should really look into that though - that sounds fraudulent??
Old 03-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #249  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

WHAT???!!!???!?!?!?!?!? That's RIDICULOUS! Call the 800 number and complain, complain, complain. They should agree to move your membership, franchise or not!

eta: and Heather is right. IF its really true that you can't move your membership, you know you have support here, which I do find to be better than most of the counseling at the COD.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #250  
PurpleSunshine

Sznn - I think you will see the 140's soon is you can stick POP - you're probably slowing down more b/c your getting so close to your goal!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #251  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Stiesta wow that totally sucks and I'd be pissed also. Can you call the main 800 number and talk with some one, as that just doesn't seem fair. I can understand not being able to transfer it if the centers are ran differently, but I agree they should be able to reimburse you some of your money, so you can continue on. Please don't let this wreck how good you have been doing and how much weight you have lost. You don't want to start over from the beginning again. I would fight harder and go above them to see if some one can help you out. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:11 PM   #252  
PurpleSunshine

Well ladies - I'm getting ready to leave for the day - headed to the gym to sweat !!! fun fun......have a great afternoon and I will chat with you tomorrow - planning to do some scrapbooking tonight - have two more layouts to finish Savannah's first year album - gotta get it done before she turns 2 - that is my goal!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 212/199/150

That is totally not fair. My COD said I can go to any center. I would call the 800 number. Write letters!!
Most of all don't let this undermine your accomplishments. Don't give up!!! Get pissed ....yeah!! But don't give up on your weight lose or getting your tranfer/money!! San Diego has fantastic weather. Almost all the time. It's so differant then MA. Your going to want to be comfortable wearing summer clothes. We're all behind you chickie!! From one Cali gal to another...Hang in there!!

Kathy
kattheall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #254  

Default Solution???

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiesta
Hi, friends, I've been MIA for a few days cause I'm really down on LAWL.

So we are moving to San Diego in a few months...went to my COD to see if I could transfer my membership or what to do. Basically they told me I am out of luck, that the centers are franchised, so I lose ALL the money I gave them, plus I will have no way to continue out there unless I pay again and start over at a new center. I shouldn't have let it, but it has sent me into a downward spiral of bad eating...I feel like giving up totally because I am now out several hundred dollars...and I have to do this on my own becuase I can't afford to go start over at a new COD. It just doesn't seem fair -- they should at least give me a portion of my $$ back becuase I won't be able to use all those weeks...I have to get the last 10-15 pounds off or I am afraid I will gain it all back and be where I started before I know it. I don't even want to go to my COD here now becuase I am so frustrated. Skipped my weigh in last week and they call all nice and fake to see how I'm doing. I'll tell ya how I'm doing...I'm pissed!
Siesta,
Why dont you try to get them to send you the jornals or give you many extras for your whole program! Or maybe they will discount up until now and give the rest in merchandise, supplements and products!

Try working with them and if nothing else go the the better business bereau and trust me, they hate those words!!!

WIsh you the best of luck!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:27 PM   #255  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Christi- That is BS. I am with everyone else, call the 800 # that is on the products, and throw a royal fit! But hey, chickie, you've still got us, no matter where you go, and we will continue to cheer you on and keep you losing. I would not take this crap from them, though. Surely there is something that they can do.

Heather- Have fun sweating, chicka!

Suzane- Hang in there, lady. It will happen!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote