Old 03-02-2006, 04:07 PM   #91  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Britt:
I thought it was my computer but is the site, is very slow today.
Milca
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #92  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hey Britt! Good to see you. Keeping busy as always I see. How are things with your DPs and their plan?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:07 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

T/O day 2 - not feeling particularly starving. But I sure do look forward to those Luna bars (sans bugs).
Happy news the scale read 151.9 this am
Not going to claim that yet - needs to show up 3 consecutive days to announce victory.

Just recieved a new pair of jeans that I bought off ebay last week. They fit like a glove - very flattering and make the old butt look small - great feat for any pair of jeans!!!!
So glad I am doing T/O though - because they fit very small and a few more ounces would have given me old 'muffin top'.

Deets - you recommend a 3-4 pd buffer zone then, before heading to maintanence-ville?? I was kind of counting on doing that after realizing that I can pack on 4lbs in one w/e

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:13 PM   #94  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Sznn - CONGRATS on the TO success! And the jeans too.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #95  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I just made a yummy recipe from the new cookbook that isnt on the LAWL at home site, it was really simple and I dont have the book in front of me, but heres the idea:

Pork a'la Orange with Carrots

First you sautee strips of pork or an actual pork chop in a pan sprayed with Pam. When its cooked through, you add the following to the pan: 1/3 c orange juice (I added grated zest as well), 2Tbsp water and I think it was like 1Tbsp cornstarch. Also some soy sauce and ginger. Im a real hands on cook, so I just used a splash of soy sauce and a bit of ginger, I have no idea how much. This simmers down into a nice sauce, throw the pork back in to coat and I added chopped green onion (like I do on EVERYTHING I cook practically!).

I steamed baby carrots with this, which really was the perfect compliment and for DH and the kids, brown rice.

If I had had more time, I would have glazed the carrots by draining them, then adding a bit of orange juice, simmering it all down, then adding a bit of splenda brown sugar and lite butter before serving.

Talk about cooking for the family- its really very do-able and it was DELICIOUS too!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #96  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by sznn

Deets - you recommend a 3-4 pd buffer zone then, before heading to maintanence-ville?? I was kind of counting on doing that after realizing that I can pack on 4lbs in one w/e

-S
YES I really do!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:36 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetsmom
Katie- I know you are a big fan of the Ice Breakers Sours... I was looking at them at the store tonight..are they REALLY sour?! The label was a flippin' WARNING on them, LOL!!! Also, what do you count them as? Thanks!
I just got back from walmart and bought the green and purple. I LOVE THEM!
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:30 PM   #98  

Hi Everyone--I've been MIA this week because I've been soooo sick. Since last FRiday--I've had laryngitis and now that I'm SLOOOOOWLY getting my voice back (still have that sexy throaty thing going on--but hey, who's complaining?)--I now have a stomach bug! And, DH has been away all week and I've been taking care of my sick 6 month old on top of that--this week SUCKED. I w/i tomorrow morning. I should definately see something MAJOR after all I went through with my tummy this week.

Glad to see a March thread--yay spring is coming! Sending good OP vibes to all of you! I'll be back after w/i tomorrow.
Mom2Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:57 PM   #99  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Mom2Abby - sorry you have been so sick and to have a sick baby to boot has got to be the pits! I hope that you are feeling better soon. Awfully convenient for DH to be gone this week! LOL
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #100  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Mom 2 Abby
I wish you and your baby get better soon!
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:33 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
Deets, even a flurry gets kids out of school in Alabama, and I've noticed people in Houston can't even drive in the RAIN. They slow down to a snail's pace like they have never driven in inclement weather before.

I tried to get Eli to do Build-A-Bear, but we just wasn't into it. I'm not forcing my kid to let me spend money on them, so after about 10 minutes of going over the choices and handing him bears and him refusing, we just left. He wasn't even sad. Build-A-Train workshop or something, it might be a different story. He' sjust not into stuffed stuff.

I went to the thrift store for some inbetween clothes. I got a L pair of overalls, tried on size 10 jeans (no, they didn't fit and wont' for 2-3 more inches around), tried on L pants from the gap (were falling off of me). My 16 pants are sagging and not looking so nice anymore. I just don't want to buy 14s, though...I seriously want to wait until the 12s because I think they are coming very soon.

Mary
LOL about snow in AL. You're right Mary, one mention of a flurry here and every grocery store will sell out of milk and bread. Any "white stuff" that sticks and call it a "snow day" Although my oldest daughter is 8, and she can't remember the last time it snowed here. She was about 4.
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:40 AM   #102  
PurpleSunshine

Good morning chickies!!

Mom2Abby - I hope you are starting to feel better - It is rough not feeling well and having to take care of a sick kid too - Sending you lots of well wishes!!! Good luck with your W/I - hope you get good results - especially for what you've been through to get them too!!!

Sznn - Congrats on TO success and the jeans!! I just bought some capris and jeans off ebay - of course, now the jeans are going to be too big - but I guess I can just try to resale them - I fell in love with the old navy at waist - and found some. When I put my others on - now they are big and don't hug the but just right anymore - OH well!! I guess that is a good thing - the butt is disappearing!

Britt - There is so much new here - I have a hard time keeping up - but everyone is losing great!!! Seems like 2006 is being nice to all of us on the scale front!!!

Deets - Thanks for the awesome recipes - I need to get my chef hat on and try some new food!! I'm sure my DH would appreciate it too - he fixed some awesome ground sirloin burgers with onions and mushrooms.......yummy!!! Of course, the scale showed the beef, but I'm not worried - hopefully it will be gone after cardio today.

WEll, I guess I better get my butt to work - Here's wishing everyone a POP day!!

and by the way - TGIF!!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:30 AM   #103  
PurpleSunshine

Barbara - where are you?
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #104  

Purplepirate99- I never realized you were in NC either. My best friend lives inRaleigh so I go up there a lot.

Rad7775- That’s for all of the help. DH is being a darling now… He is trying to make time for me and being nice…some things all couples go through I guess.

My home scale is being sweet...it read 181.8... I am not changing the ticker until i get WI at COD! I did my aerobics this morning and let me tell ya...it kicked my b*tt! I was sweating like crazy! I had to be there 6:30 in the morning...sooo early but it was worthy! I did had a donut yesterday though...couldnt help it... my boss brought it to me in my desk with a coffee and i couldnt refuse it! I think she is trying to sabotage me! Well, I only had one and worked it out this morning!

I will chat with ya later chickies...

Have a great OP Day!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Mary - my booklet says the slimdown shake is 1P + 1S

Heather - Thanks - can't wait to wear my new jeans today
I feel really lucky that they fit so well right out of the box - I've never tried on this brand before - so it was dumb luck!

Finished day 2 of T/O without too much depravation. I did have a nibble of some of the topping of DH's pizza, but other than that was completely on track.
Much to my chagrin - the scale hasn't budged since yesterday AM
still @ 151.9.....no 140's!!!
This last stretch is really making me work for it.

Very happy to have my oatmeal this AM though.
Happy POP day all.
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote