Old 03-06-2006, 09:58 PM   #196  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yeah, it was.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #197  

Hi Everyone--I'm hanging in there. At least I'm not sick anymore. I met some other moms for lunch at Panera today and had the Vegetarian Vegetable Soup--I counted it as 2 veggies and a starch (there was some barley in there) and I gave the bread it came with to DD to gum on.

Glad to hear that your weekends went well. What does TOM mean? and why do you expect a gain from that?
Mom2Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #198  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

TOM=time of the month Glad youre feeing better
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #199  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetsmom
TOM=time of the month Glad youre feeing better

AND...as odd as this can be, we all seem to have TOM at the same time, LOL!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:31 AM   #200  
Karen

Talking

Quote:
AND...as odd as this can be, we all seem to have TOM at the same time, LOL!!!
LOL - Me, too. I went in today and said "Watch it, it's my TOM. I was bad on Saturday and I'm here for absolution!" It just so happens that the Regional Director was in. She didn't even discuss Saturday's journal entry but drew a smiley face on Sunday's POP entry. I'm thinking I'll be ready for TO by the end of this week. I'm going to Boston next Monday and Tuesday and know that Monday night I'll be meeting my liquid fruit and starch friends. I need a good jump start for next Wednesday's WI.
ksdiogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:14 AM   #201  
Princess Heather

Heather PP: I have found selling scrapboook stuff on ebay just depends on what you have. I put together "scrap bags" consisting of scraps of paper etc. I can get almost 25.00 per bag usually. i also do that with stickers. I think the key is putting some new stuff in there as well. My uncle goes to estate sales and then re sells on ebay...he makes a full time living doing that! Wish I could find the secret. the longer we have kids at home..the more I want to stay at home....and here I thought I wasn't stay at home mom material!

Have a good POP day chickies!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:45 AM   #202  
PurpleSunshine

HeatherCP - that sounds like a good idea, but I really don't have anything I want to sell except a few kits that I've bought - maybe I'll start with that - I would love to get into getting from a wholesale shop and then trying to do it - but I don't know if I would even have time for that?

Good morning to everyone - had a good night - just getting ready to start my morning....
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #203  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Default Question for you gardeners

I REALLY want to do some veggie gardening this year. I live near Memphis, and we have hot humid summers. I have a really nice back yard, and want to plant. I want to start simple, and see how I do, maybe expanding next year.

Based on my (limited) research, it looks like tomatoes, peppers, and green beans would be good choices for me to start with.

Any suggestions on how to get started? We also have a problem with squirrels ... any suggestions on keeping those glorified rats out of my garden?

PS -- Kudos to you power sellers! I have often thought about it, but I just don't think I have the knack for it.
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #204  
banned

selling when you have kids and all, is extremely time consuming at first. I used to work part time with one child and did ebay on the side. I grew a large enough customer base and was ableto quit my job when my second came along- for a few tihngs here and there, Heather, Im sure you could swing it. Full time is a big commitment but very worth it!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:28 AM   #205  
banned

Hey, does anyone know what color plan a person would be on if they are 205 with a goal of 145? Would that be red with lites? (sshhh...im trying to get my sister in law OP and would tell her how to add stuff in based on my Gold..) Are portions larger or just more of certain things?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:19 AM   #206  
Karen

Quote:
Hey, does anyone know what color plan a person would be on if they are 205 with a goal of 145? Would that be red with lites? (sshhh...im trying to get my sister in law OP and would tell her how to add stuff in based on my Gold..) Are portions larger or just more of certain things?
I am not doing the lites and my COD advises when reach 230 they will switch me to Red. I would think with the lites, she would go to Purple. If you have the LA at home, you can set up the profile to be one of the other colors, print out a diary, and click on the food groups for portion sizes. (Not that I was looking ahead to what I would change to next or anything.... )
ksdiogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:59 AM   #207  
PurpleSunshine

yea, I think with the ebay thing - I'll just stick to what I do best for now - buying!!! hahahah
Old 03-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #208  

Heather~ sorry to hear about your WI controversy…think it might be the scale?

Jamie~ on the 1 week loss

Lovesaddlebreds~ were have you been? Thanks for the kind words at DS.

Mary~ I really need to start packing and throwing away stuff that doesn’t need to move with us…I’ll fly you up here for a few hours if you get bored when I weigh immediately after getting out of the bed, that is my lowest. For some reason I weigh more a few hours later even if I eat or drink nothing…so I always get right out the bed, go to the bathroom and jump on the scale. I have thought about selling my clothes on e-bay, but I want to wait until I am all the way were I want to be and just put them all up there at once….let me know how your selling goes

Deets~ I though that the other week…we all do seem to have TOM at the same time….i have heard that when you spend enough time with other women, you start to have the same cycle

I sell things occasionally on e-bay and I am getting a pile of things together in the basement that I am going to try to sell before we move, but I do my best work selling books on the half.com part of e-bay. They sell themselves over there and it feels good to make money when you forget that you posted something…

Have yet another meeting eith the mortgage company...they now need my 1999 and 2000 tax returns (mind you i was in undergrad and made less than $10,000 for both years combined...but I am at their mercy)
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:08 AM   #209  
PurpleSunshine

Shennie - ( I think you were referring to my gain?) Well I just think some weird things are going on with my digestion to be honest - I made an appt with the gastro dr. for tomorrow. Hoping that goes well - I've been in alot of pain the past few days - not sure exactly what is going on. I've put my scale up for at least a week - I'm eating OP and exercising, so I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. I'll just see what it says next Monday. (or maybe Sunday if I can't wait)....
Sorry you have to go through all the red tape with the mortgage company. it is such a pain in the butt when You get loans or switch companies sometimes.....Hope everything goes smoothly with all that...
Old 03-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #210  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning girls!

I am working on a little experiment, had a couple of questions. I have noticed that since DH started working at the car lot, he has gained some weight. He has these long skinny chicken legs, no real butt, and a big belly. He sits at a desk and grazes all day, and I can see that he is gaining. I don't really care about looks, he still the best looking man in the world to me, and still turns heads, but I worry about health. His dad had a near fatal heart attack when he was 45. The Dr told DH that he needed to lose weight and eat right to protect himself from heart disease, since it runs in families, and if your dad has a young heart attack, you are more prone to have one as well. Anyway, I am in no mood to be widowed at 45, so I want to help him get into control now. I don't really feel like talking to him about it, he has been giving me a little bit of attitude lately about my own weight loss ("The more weight you lose, the meaner you get" "You are starting to think you are better than everyone else since you've been getting skinny"). He says stuff like this in a joking way, but I am sensing that there is a little more too it. Jealousy, maybe? Insecurity? I'm not sure. So anyway, I have decided to sneak him onto LAWL, without him knowing it. Sure hope he doesn't e-spy on me!! I pack his lunch everyday, anyway, and he won't eat breakfast, so this is what I did yesterday and today: D,F,F,F,V,V,S,S,S,1 1/2 P, and a big bottle of water. Yesterday he ate it all but yogurt (says he hates it, I did not realize that), and a mini bagel with LF peanut butter. I sent different things today. Then of course he will eat an OP dinner with me, like every night. My obstacles are all of the Pepsi he drinks, and late night snacking. My hope is that as he gets all of his components in during the day, he will be less hungry at night. After a few weeks of eating well, I will ask him if he wants to join me on LAWL, and see if I can get him to see how easy it is to eat right, since he has actually been on plan for a while without realizing it. Time will tell, I guess. Does anyone know what red plus gets?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote