Old 03-03-2006, 07:28 PM   #151  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Debbie- Come and see me chickie!! I was out cleaning the yard in my T shirt. It felt sooooo good!!! Also, so glad to hear your clothes are getting loose, even if you did get grumpy!

Juliemarie and Christy- Marathons? Wow, wow, wow. That is so great. I would LOVE to set a goal like that, but my belly has to quit flopping around before I can run, LOL!!

Mom2abby- 9.4 lbs?! You ROCK chickie!!!! Good for you!

Heather- Cute pictures!
Belly flopping is one thing, I would be more afraid I'd pee my pants LOL
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:47 PM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Morning everybody!! TGIF!!!! Made the Balsamic Lamb Chops last night, only I used pork. My lamb is like Deets piggie foot, just can't do it. The recipe was awesome, though. I made FF mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli to go with. The family loved it. Thanks again to you guys who mentioned mini bagels. I am loving them. I booked a really cool birthday party for DD Mataya. It is at an old govenors mansion called the Stillwater Mansion. It is a tea room, that holds really cool Victorian teas. I have been there a couple of times with the women in our family, and always thought Mattie would love it. You start in the sitting room, dress up in hats, gloves, baubles, cloaks, boas, and the like, then you move into the dining room for high tea. It takes about 3 hours, from start to finish, and 5 courses of food. The lady who owns it is a single mom. She and her kids live upstairs, and she entertains on the main floor. She grows her own lavendar and makes this great lavendar lemonade. She encourages you to use an accent and be all proper at the table, and teaches you a lot about Victorian manners. The mansion is haunted, my mom saw a ghost last time we were there, and you can always feel them. I am excited to dress her and Marianna up in their Easter dresses, fix them all up, and take them to a fairy tale kind of birthday. All of the women in my family and DH's are coming. Anyway, enough of my prattle, talk to you all later!!!

Katie, How fun!!!!!!!! I love taking my DDs to tea rooms. THat will be great!
We had Hannah's birthday party here this afternoon. We did the whole fifties theme. Hula hoops, hand jive etc. THen we brought them into our finished basement which was transformed into a 50's ice cream shop. My older daughter and her friend were the waitresses. THey served bottled cokes with straws, and took orders and delivered ice cream for ice cream sundaes. Then the girls decorated their sundaes with "the works" We had a good time. I even wore a pink ladies jacket. I'm exhausted!!! and let's just call this day a train wreck in the way of food, but I'm jumping back on in the a. m.
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:07 AM   #153  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I just posted a great breakfast recipe from the new cookbook in the recipe thread!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #154  
Losing the Weight!

Congrats! to all you losers out there! WTG.

YEAH! I'm down 2.9 pounds! I can move that tracker again. LOL
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #155  
Missing Ohio

Good Sunday Morning,

Marbear - again thanks for the info. I did a comparison of Old vs. New and found that there is 2 - 4 oz. more allowed in the new plan. No wonder I'm not getting the same results that I did when I was on the plan in 2001. Gonna start fresh and see what happens.

Sorry that your Cuban dinner was such a disaster. I love trying new things but not if I have to suffer to get it. I used to work with what was called the 'UN' because our engineering department had people from around the world and I was invited to all of their homes. I couldn't understand how they served such good food and they were all lean and fit people. I guess it's the old adage that you 'eat to live, not live to eat'.

Shoutout to all the Chickies. Continue to eat clean and move it, move it, move it.

later,
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:55 AM   #156  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Default Back from Chicago!

Good morning, ladies!

Man, I missed you last week! I am back from Chicago -- work trip. I had the typical tribulations ... everything was catered, and not much OP to choose from. But when I went to WI yesterday, the COD told me I did make great choices (which I knew, but it was good to hear anyway!).

I had lost 2.6 lbs between Friday and Monday, and lost another 1.8 while traveling ... phew! That was a relief! I was really hoping to maintain, since I had already hit my 2 lbs for the week, but I'll take a weight loss any day! I'm sure the exercise has helped dramatically, so I'm just trying to keep it up!

Next week is TOM, so I'm probably going to maintain or show a slight gain, so I feel good having a little head start.

Sounds like there was lots going on last week! I will have to go back and catch up on the posts.

Have a POP week, ladies!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #157  
PurpleSunshine

Hey chickies!!

Erin - Welcome back and congrats on the great loss!!! Hopefully TOM won't make he scale increase too much!!! Glad you had a good trip with great ending results!!!

Mary - So sorry to hear about the Cuban dinner....I know how I get when I'm hungry and I get even more mad when I'm at a planned funtion that isn't going as planned. Hopefully you did enjoy the different taste and experience - maybe next time it will better!!!

Well girly's I'm still up for a few days now. I thought it was the ground sirloin burgers we had on Thursday, but now I'm not so sure. I know TOM is next week and my body has been funny since I returned from my trip----I will give i another week before I move my ticker up - I weighed in at 163.5 and I was at 161.5 about a week ago ----hoping it is just a fluke??? Oh well, I will work out harder and sweat more next week to get it off.

Katie -We are heading to Lowes to get our laminate flooring today. DH is going to install it this week and hopefully get everything done before Savannah's birthday party on Saturday - Do you think that is doable??

Hope everyone has a great weekend - See you chickies tomorrow!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:01 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Heather - I can commiserate on being UP on the scale.

Just hopped on and it read 153.6 it think it was - did a road trip yesterday down south and ended up having a little of this and a little of that.
And a lot of wine.

Arrrgh - kinda irradicated all the goodly effects of the TO.
It's a new day - back on the horse.
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:48 PM   #159  
PurpleSunshine

Sznn - AMEN - and yes those Southern folks will get you everytime hunh?? hahahahaah
Old 03-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #160  

Hello everyone..i dont post much but iread everyday and try and keep up with everyones posts..anyways 2 weeks ago i had only lost 1 lb and the last week ony 1.5 lbs and i had been pop both weeks so i was a little frusturated but kept staying op to see what was going on ...well yesterday i went to the COD to get my weekly weigh in and i was hoping for a 3 lbs loss and that means i would hit 20 lbs loss sin JAn 8..well i did =nt only lose 3 lbs i lost 6.4 in one week wow i couldnt believe it i was shocked and so thrilled so now i have lost 23.3 lbs since jan 8...so if you ever get stuck or have a low weight loss for one week just keep up the work it will eventually show up...thanks for all the supprt i get here..i truly appriciate it

JAMIE...
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:32 PM   #161  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Jamie--super job--I get in ruts pretty easy so it's nice to know eventually it all catches up!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #162  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

OK--I need your help. Any great recommendations for hotels and places to eat?

Last edited by Boo'sMom; 03-18-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #163  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Heather- Oh, yeah, you should be fine getting your pergo down by then. The prep takes more time that actually laying it, I think. That is, if you are tearing out carpet. Good luck with it, I love the look and the clean up of mine.

Mary- Sorry your party was not that great. Good job staying op, though.

Erin- Glad you are back, that is great that you lost while you were gone!

Jamie- You are the BOMB chickie!! Great loss.

Bre- Hope the changes really put you on the fast track!!

Boosmom- Love the new picture!

Suzanne- I had a little wine last night too. Blackberry Zinfandel, ohhhhh yum.

Well I have had a good, OP weekend, even with eating out twice. We ate a Johnny Carinos lunch, and believe it or not, I was able to stay OP. We went to the mall for pants, and I got some awesome deals on clearance racks. Tommys for 15 bucks, and some other brands at Macy's. Anyway, I got 4 pairs of jeans for $52.00 total. They are all 10's. Some are pretty tight, but it is TOM for me, so I know in a few days that they will fit a lot better. Have a good night everybody!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:15 AM   #164  

Well Ladies - good morning to y'all, I haven't been around again all week because I am suffering from a funky laptop (sighs). I am doing TO to get me back in the mindset of LAWL - been maintaining but not really losing. Which is good since I just had my riding suit tailored (7 more weeks before I show my horse - the first time I've entered the show ring in 25 years ). Some days I'm so sore and tired after working out and riding - I think I should age more gracefully ! I can't believe I am 48 years old and obsessed like a kid about her pony !

Marbear - I'm tired just reading about your day. But I understand about the spring obsession. Now that I've moved from the Northeast to Charlotte - I'll never do another winter with snow. The dogwoods are blooming, the trees are budding, grass is green - I love it!

Shennie - I just read the thread back and am so sorry your son is having such troubles. My youngest was the same way - man it's tough, you have my sympathies. Just let him know how proud you are that he is trying to get along and he'll be OK.

Boo's Mom - I just moved to NC so I can't help ya, but I'd also be interested suggestions so when DH and I explore, we have some recommendations.

Congrads - to all the ladies that have lost lbs, I hope I'll be one of them this week
Loves Saddlebreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #165  
PurpleSunshine

Good morning chickies!!! Well, I decided to try to NOT get on my scale until Friday. I really need to quit my obsession - I might even go longer than that since TOM is next week - not sure yet.

Jaime - That is awesome 6.4 lbs - you go girl - nice to see you post!!!

Katie - Congrats on staying OP this weekend - weekends can be so hard sometimes!!!

Mary - You remind me of myself. I'm such a spring cleaning person, but I will have to admit - I'm a neat freak too - When I get on a roll - I roll!! Of course, I have alot of cleaning to do this week for Miss Savannah's party. Hopefully the new flooring will be done, so I just need to concentrate on the bathrooms and the mopping......YUCK!!! not my two favorite things to do!!!

Well, I'm trying to rap up on a project of mine - have a good day!!!