Old 03-31-2006, 06:55 PM   #1681  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Put it this way, id be worried if the inlaws liked me. I really dont respect them at all and boy, did they send me a boy with some damage (it takes so much work to undo- LOL!!!!)
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:04 PM   #1682  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I am really in your club now. It has taken years of hard work to help DH to become confident. They had him convinced that he would never amount to anything. Boy were they wrong! I will add that Scott was a real godsend to my family too. My parents only son died when he was a baby, and my dad always longed to have a son to hunt, fish and golf with. He sure got that in Scott. My dad is one of those who is liked by all who meet him. He is a barber, and I swear he knows everyone in town. He has been so good for Scott. When our first baby was born, our son Mykah, my family was over the moon about it. Finally another boy in the family! I know with families you have to take the bad with the good. Luckily, we have had tons of good, too.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:15 PM   #1683  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Katie:
WOW girl!! I really believe that EMIL should get trough it, come on, you and DH have kids already and have been married for a long time, it's time for her to start acting like an adult and get over it.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:23 PM   #1684  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad7775
Katie, Christie, Mary, Rebecca and Carmen:
If all of you are black sheeps I am gonna put you all together in a herd! Girls, for me, all of you are wonderful!
Milca, seriously, girl...I love your sense of humor! You made me laugh and today I needed it, so thanks! I love our little black sheep herd...we should start our own board.

Rebeca, thanks for the picture helps....I'll give it a try.

Mary -- SERIOUSLY can't believe your MIL! It's too bad she doesn't know what a great girl you are...she's missing out!

Carmen, have fun tonight. You're probably roller skating your little heiney off as we speak, so do be careful!

Goodnight all -- here's to a POP weekend! I am toying doing TO tomorrow and Sunday...any takers????

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:34 PM   #1685  
Katie

Goodnight Christy. And again, it is so nice to have you back!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:36 PM   #1686  

Thanks, Katie, I've totally missed all your wit and "Katie-isms"! It's good to be back!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:45 PM   #1687  
milkyway

Christie:
Glad that I made you laugh!

Rebecca:
I forgot to post how nice you and your DH look together is areally nice picture.

Katie and Mary:
You see MIL made a product with deffects and then they want to blame DIL for the consequences!! They should give us at least a guarantee on them (DH) that said " 5 years or 100,000 miles guarantee and if it not working properly we give you a new one" well at least they should give us our money back!
Old 03-31-2006, 08:00 PM   #1688  
Katie

Ya, money back, we will find our new one. Sure don't want another one off of her production line!
Old 03-31-2006, 08:19 PM   #1689  
milkyway

Katie:
You are right!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #1690  

S/C/G: 190/175/140

Hi everyone wow did you all post alot today. Now I will have to start off with Hello Black Sheep. Never had a problem with my mil and dil but I had a very esil. Women still bothers me just thinking of her.
Katie don't let this bother you too much. Just do what you need to to take care of you and yours right now. With your grandmother so sick you need to take care of your priorities.
Deets hope you feel better about things and yourself now.
Went to cod today I'm down a whole pound since Wednesday.

Here is a receipe you may want to try especially if you need to use some veggies.
1 chicken breast cut up in strips
Red and yellow bell pepper 1/2 cup cut in strips.
Mrs Dash Southwest chipolte seasoning
1/4 package of McCormicks Fajita seasoning mix
1 tomatoe cut up
1 cup of lettuce
Spray frying pan with pam put in chicken and peppers sprinkle with Mrs Dash.
Add fajita seasoning to 1/4 cup of water pour over chicken and pepers cover and cook until done.
On a plate place a pita then put lettuce, chicken, peppers, and tomatoe. Top with some ff ranch dressing. I count it as 1s,1p,3v and 1 condiment.
This really cures my craving for mexican food.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
lak_55119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:35 PM   #1691  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Carmen & Beanie - I, too, am like you. I call myself my own worst enemy. I have really found that not only reading these boards, but actually posting has made a HUGE difference for me. Today could have been a day where I went completely off program. I made the decision to have a decadent drink with lunch (pina colada, strawberry slushie drink). Because I made the decision to have the drink, I had a chicken spinach salad as my lunch. I know that part of the reason I was able to make the right choice was because I didn't want to come here and admit I blew it. I also decided to not have my Lite today because I thought the calories would even out a bit. I consider this life and know that I will always have to make these types of choices. I can't have everything I want - that is the reason I am at the weight I am.

Another success for me today was saying NO to licorice. DH even said that I could probably have "just one" - I indicated that I couldn't have "just one". Having "just one" is what gets me in trouble - one tastes too good and then turns into two or more! The strength to say NO to the licorice is from the chickies on this board - thank you all!

Katie - I find that I retain a lot of water when I am stressed (which is a lot of the time ). Perhaps that is another reason why you are feeling bloated today.

Milca - I am always looking for a good movie and prefer action movies. I will definitely be checking out Crash - with Matt Damon, how can it be bad?

Deets - Wishing you all the best with this plan for the next 2 weeks.

Rebeca - Great picture!

lak - That recipie sounds great. I will have to give it a try.
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:22 PM   #1692  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Katie, Mary and all of Milca's black sheep herd, aren't in laws fun. NOT. Sorry you guys are going through that mess.
Mary, I would definitely figure out a way to visit your family since you will be so close. Just stress to DH how important your family is to you and forget the looking like a hero thing. It's going to take more than that to change their minds.
Katie, I would probably feel hurt too about not being included, but it sounds like all they care about is themselves. How selfish of you EMIL to get upset about your DS. Now that is petty. You are definitely not being overly sensitive.

A couple of years after DH and I were married, he was working in construction and got laid off. He went from making $20 per hour to making $440 per month on unemployment. Needless to say, we got behind on our bills. EMIL had the nerve to go to MY mom and tell her that my spending habits was what got us in trouble and she should make me take all my credit cards to her and have her watch me cut them up in front of her. HMMM, I guess that having about $2500 less per month coming in couldn't have contributed to the problem at all!!! Her little boy is a perfect angel in her eyes and no woman is ever good enough for him. It took about 13 years for us to get to a tolerable relationship.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:58 PM   #1693  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Rebecca- Glad things are looking up for you and DH. Keep working at it!! Cute picture too!!

Space- Awesome job on your first 4 weeks. 16" TOTAL!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Carmen-Beanie- Doesn't it stink that losing weight has to be such a head game. You can do it, I know you can!!!

Katie- Thanks for the info on the Vanilla caramel tea. I'm drinking a cup right now. I also got the vanilla chai. Has anybody tried that one? I'll have a cup of it in the morning.

Christi- Welcome back. If you are in the groove, then I think doing on your own is very workable.

Deets- I'm glad that you went back into the COD. Hopefully the 2 weeks of WL will get you back into the groove.

Carmen- Hope you had a fun and safe evening roller skating. DH and I took up roller blading (in my case, tried to take up roller blading). I ended up on my bum more than I was on my feet. I just couldn't get coordinated enough to do it without looking goofy. It was also embarrasing when all the kids around the neighborhood skated way better than I did.

Sherry- Sorry about the test. That sucks that she went ahead and gave the test if she knew that you guys wouldn't do good on it.

Well chickies tomorrow a new month and a new thread. See ya over there!!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote