Old 03-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #106  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everybody!! TGIF!!!! Made the Balsamic Lamb Chops last night, only I used pork. My lamb is like Deets piggie foot, just can't do it. The recipe was awesome, though. I made FF mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli to go with. The family loved it. Thanks again to you guys who mentioned mini bagels. I am loving them. I booked a really cool birthday party for DD Mataya. It is at an old govenors mansion called the Stillwater Mansion. It is a tea room, that holds really cool Victorian teas. I have been there a couple of times with the women in our family, and always thought Mattie would love it. You start in the sitting room, dress up in hats, gloves, baubles, cloaks, boas, and the like, then you move into the dining room for high tea. It takes about 3 hours, from start to finish, and 5 courses of food. The lady who owns it is a single mom. She and her kids live upstairs, and she entertains on the main floor. She grows her own lavendar and makes this great lavendar lemonade. She encourages you to use an accent and be all proper at the table, and teaches you a lot about Victorian manners. The mansion is haunted, my mom saw a ghost last time we were there, and you can always feel them. I am excited to dress her and Marianna up in their Easter dresses, fix them all up, and take them to a fairy tale kind of birthday. All of the women in my family and DH's are coming. Anyway, enough of my prattle, talk to you all later!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #107  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone.

Well, staying OP has been very easy for me since TO. We got our water cooler here at work replaced yesterday and now the water is just GROSS so yesterday I had to drink 48 oz of water when I got home at 8 last night. Needless to say I didn't sleep very well

Mary - how long before you and DH can resume "relations" or as Star would have said...?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #108  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
Hey y'all, question:
What do the LA Slimdown Meal Replacment Shakes replace exactly? P and S??? Also, how many calories/protein are in a slimdown. I am thinking of doing them some b/c I REALLY want to be a 10 or a 12 by the wedding and I am a 14 now.

Last night hubby got the "hubba hubba" look in his eyes and was like "Good Lord, you are SO SKINNY." Ha! I wouldn't say I'm wasting away exactly, but it was so sweet to get noticed. Then again, we haven't been able to do anything "romantic" during this m/c, so I'm sure he's blind by now
They are a Protein and a Starch and are yummy. The Slim Fast Optima High Protein are VERY close to them nutritionally, except they only have 15g protein compared to the TWENTY in the LA ones.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #109  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Katie, that sounds like a fantastic birthday party for a little girl! She will feel so special. How neat that the place offers the period costume and all that. Very Cool!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #110  

Ok, the dr.’s office was too high tech for me…they had a digital scale, so I weighed 150 even on the digital scale (with shoes) but it wasn’t the same

I have had a hectic few days (haven’t even had time for 3FC) and I have not been doing to well with plan, but am ready to get back on track now.

Angelica~ on DD’s science project

Deets~ glad you go to meet a new counselor….I hat when they write in my journal. And they don’t ask!?!?!

Britt~ glad to see you back around here….how is the semester going? It’s almost over and you graduate this year right? My son is in fourth grade and they have a fractions test Monday….guess that is across the board the same, huh?

Sznn~ the 140’s are right around the corner
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #111  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
My scale said 173.5 again today, so if it repeats tomorrow I will change my ticker.

Still wondering about the cals in a slimdown (I know now it is 20 g protein). Has anyone had a lot of luck using these? I know somebody (maybe auditgirl) uses body4 life shakes as a replacement.

Mary
They have 270 calories
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #112  

Repo Girl- Thats a great Bday party idea! They will love it..and most of all the memories will stay with them forever! Not sure if you know but Mariana is a brazilian name...its very common in there!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:21 AM   #113  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Good morning chickies!How is everyones day so far?

I was up 1 pound today but I think it could be due to TOM or my gas in my belly. I was really crampy yesterday.Also I think tuna is giving me gas!

Does anyone know if we can still buy LA products after we are done with maintenance?
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:21 AM   #114  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Katie - That does sound like an awesome birthday party!! How fun and creative you are!
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #115  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Angelica - I know of one center that does but a friend of mine from a center they told her that she just needed to eat regular food as she was done with the program. So again I think its basically whatever they want to tell you! LOL
Old 03-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #116  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Shennie - glad your dr appt went well. Hope that things with DS and school are better!
Old 03-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #117  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

chklit - TO does make those cravings go away doesn't it. Sorry about the water. There is nothing worse than yucky tasting water in my opinion. Thats why I take a giant water bottle with me wherever I go!
Old 03-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #118  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbeanie
chklit - TO does make those cravings go away doesn't it. Sorry about the water. There is nothing worse than yucky tasting water in my opinion. Thats why I take a giant water bottle with me wherever I go!
Oh, I agree about the water !! That is always a "fear" of mine when I go on vacation or somewhere for a longer period of time ... If they have "bad" water I find a local grocery store and end up buying bottled
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #119  

I was wondering if it was ok to have a sugar free Mocha with skim milk and count it as a dairy???

thanks jamie
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #120  

I also have a question about the mini bagels are we allowed to have a whole one or just half???

JAMIE
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote