Old 03-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #226  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Heather I read your email and I think it's been a long time since I cried because tears starting flowing. I think it's time I get back to work so my mind stays busy and I don't have so much time to stress over all this. I know in the long run the exercise will be a good thing and will also help my heath and I plan to keep it up. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Katie I know in time things will get better I just think my DD and I need to have a long talk so she fully understands why I'm feeling the way I am.

Kathy welcome back. Congrats on the loss your doing great and looking great. See you tonight and crossing my fingers Barry gets off of work at a decent time, since he has the car
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:00 PM   #227  
PurpleSunshine

okay, I'm planning dinner for tonight - is cumin, garlic powder, Chili powder the only spices for the ground turkey burger - I'm planning to make turkey taco salad??
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:01 PM   #228  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Thank you Carmen that is exactly what my DH and I have been saying we need to stop helping her, because she tends to take us for granite in our eyes. I had only volunteered to do my GD's wash as she can't do her own. I don't have the car today and she her Apt is going to be inspected so she can't bring the wash over tell after she gets out of school. I do plan to have a talk with her later today if she shows up. Her friend doesn't want to face us so he tends to stay at the apt.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #229  
My 3 grandkids & myself

I love making taco salad, but use the ground sirloin meat. I buy the Taco bell sauce and put some of that in the meat and the center says to just count it as a condiment. The salad is so yummy I'm the one that usually eats more of it.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #230  
PurpleSunshine

Barbara - what taco bell sauce - the powder like seasoning or the salsa type sauce?
Old 03-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #231  
PurpleSunshine

let me ask this - my DH is worried that the spices will upset my stomach - so let me ask this - Frozen dinners - If you cook a frozen type dinner - like a family pack - and eat one portion - can you still count this as protein and starch?? thinking like Chicken voila - or something that has veggies - but the meat already in it.???
Old 03-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 212/199/150

Barb- Kids uuuurrrrgggg!!! I completely understand why your upset. What is it about men that so often make us compremise our own standards. I think we ALL have done it ecspecially when were young. I know your so close to DD.
Prayers that she will wake up. Your right,she is good little Mama to Jasmyne. Hopefully this is a temperary lake of judgement. You know I love ya Barb!!

BTW, having Barry talk to his guy is a great idea. This fella needs to know he has to step up to the plate.

Kathy
kattheall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #233  
PurpleSunshine

kathy - Great loss !! keep up the great work - !!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 02:16 PM   #234  

Hi ! Today is my first day with the LAWL program. I completed the two days of Take Off juice (unlimited protein and green veggies) and gained .6 of a lb. Sigh! The consultant said that I should see a difference in my first weigh in - I sure hope so!
Corinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:17 PM   #235  
PurpleSunshine

Corinna - to the boards - You will see a loss - just give it time - this is such a wonderful program - plus you have found the best place for advice and wisdome - these chickies are wonderful!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #236  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Heather it comes in a bottle where the salsa is. It is for putting on your tacos, but I like the flavor it adds and I do use the cumin etc and then put cilantro in the salad with green onions, tomatoes and if I haven't had my fat I add black olives to it.

Kathy thank you I know you know where I'm coming from and I know the kids always think they are making the wisest choices I just don't want her sleeping in to all hours while Jasmyne tends to herself. I told Barry I want to get a twin bed set up in our spare bedroom to start seeing if Jasmyne would like to spend the nights some time and do more with her. Maybe get her back in to bowling on Sats. I think its great Barry wants to talk with him also, but I'm afraid he will come on to strong. He wants to tell him to move and I told him it's not our place to tell him that, as it is Pauline's choice to have him there. We can only stress how we feel about him getting a job and helping out.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:20 PM   #237  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Hi Corinna and welcome to the board. I agree with the center I'm sure your next WI will be a better one hand in there.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #238  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Barbara-

I know it's none of my business-but i think it's extremely irresponsible to bring a virtual stranger into a home with a child. Who knows what this guy is. He could be a pedophile for all your DD knows. Or simply a taker-of money, sex, self-esteem, etc . . .If he wants to get to know your DD, he should get a job and his own apartment and do it the right way. And you do have the right to say something-this affects the welfare of your GD.

Okay-I'm done. i just get so worried about men preying on single mothers.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:49 PM   #239  

Corinna~ did you eat poark or beef during TO, that might be part of your gain...but don't worry it will be gone soon.

Barb~I am 26 years old and i had my DS when i was 17. I thought i was grown and my DM put me out and made me act like a grown-up. I understand completly that you want to help your DD and especially DGD, but you have to make her realize that her DD should be first. I am not going to lie, there are things I did that I look bak and feel liek a terribel parent for doing (thank God, kids only remeber the good things we do for them ) but I will say for sure that i did not really realize the importance of me being in my DS life full-time all the time and not shifting the burden off for weekends until my DM moved further way and DS's DGP's moved from next door to 2 hours away. Yes, I could not have finished school without them, but I took advantage of them, plain and simple. I am so thankful that I figured that out before DS got to old and you will need to force your DD to figure that out too.
You can give your DGD everything in the world, but it will never replace the care and concern of her DM. My DS is only 9 and it hurts me so much sometime to punish him, but I know I have too (and I have to make him think it doesn't hurt me) so that he can grow to be a productive and respectful adult. Parenting is soo rewarding and soo much work, but you have to sit some definite rules/boundaries with DD.
Since me and DD are so close in age, I do have many firends who think it is ok to have their male friends in the house. My DBF (technically fiance, but i won't claim it until i get my ring ) of almost 4 years did not even meet my DS until some months after we were dating and I literally would make him wake up at 6am and go outside and ring the doorbell to come back in the house to make it look like he just got there that morning until last year. (DS got old enough to just tell me I was making a fool out of myself ) but bottom line is that DD needs to leanr thather behavior is a mirror of what DGD will become.

hugs
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #240  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
let me ask this - my DH is worried that the spices will upset my stomach - so let me ask this - Frozen dinners - If you cook a frozen type dinner - like a family pack - and eat one portion - can you still count this as protein and starch?? thinking like Chicken voila - or something that has veggies - but the meat already in it.???
Heather, I made a family pack of Chicken Voila (cheesey chicken) last night - I usually count it as P, S and add some steamed veggies. Most of the time it has lots of chicken in it, but last night, not so much... so I just separated out the pasta into a starch serving, added more chicken, and some steamed broccoli.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote