Old 03-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #361  

Thanks Barbara and Kim!

ama36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #362  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Ama, I have been on LAWL since August, and have dropped almost 50 lbs so far. I love this program. Just keep on plan and ALWAYS get all of your water in, and you will see results. Good luck!! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:32 PM   #363  

Talking

Thanks everyone! I feel so much better! I havent' gotten to where I feel I can connect with the ladies at the center yet, this has helped me more than you could know!
ama36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #364  
Katie

Okay, I made the pita pizza today with FF shredded mozarella. I would not suggest this, unless you seriously do not like yourself, LOL.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #365  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I want that deal, Dawn!

Katie- that is very eerie about your grandmother. She is lucky to have you nearby, Im sorry you have to go through this
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #366  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Katie I think I'm alittle slow today, what do you mean about the pizza as I still make that often?
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #367  
Katie

So, DH is not trying very hard on his secret diet. This morning he laid in bed at ate chips and drank Pepsi while he watched TV.

DDs birthday tea is on Saturday. I have to call the lady with the final head count today. I am so irritated that EMIL and both SIL's have come up with reasons why they just can't come. Jerks. Of course, because it is my plan, and it involves a little culture, they just can't handle it. They think that this is hurting me. Well, they are right, but worst of all, I have had a 4 year old little girl in tears all morning because they are not coming to her "Special Party". DH was furious. He, again, swears that we are done with them, because he is so tired of their stupid games coming back to hurt the kids. So you don't like me? FINE! But how could you hurt your sweet little granddaughter like that? Oh, well. Of course my mom and sisters and aunt will be there, and we will have a wonderful time. I just thought that they would love to share in the magic of this experience.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #368  
Katie

Barb, The FF cheese was horrible. A huge disappointment compared to real cheese.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #369  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

OHHH that is what you meant. I tried FF cheese once in my life and didn't like it either. Thanks for explaining

Sorry to hear about how your ex relatives are being. I agree don't hurt a child. I'm glad your family is all going and you all will have a great time. Doesn't stop the pain though.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #370  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Mary,
In the red book is says the same thing. I even asked at the COD. How can you even eat 2 cups of cooked beans? that's a lot of flippin beans!! She said that it was right.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #371  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

AMA. 3 LBS your first week is a great start.

Hang in there with the program. It is not easy, but if you are determined, you can lose the weight. Plus, after the first couple of weeks, it does get easier and ultimately becomes second nature. I don't really gel with all the counselors at my center either, and a large part of the reason why is that there is a high turnover rate there. Now there is only one counselor left that I can really relate to. But all that aside, I have to remember that the counselors are not there to befriend me, but to provide the answers and support that I need to help accomplish my WL goals. You have come to the right place for encouragement and friendship. This is one great group of chicks.

Katie - at the comment about DH "not trying hard on his secret diet!" That was too funny! Well, just know that you are still doing him a world of good by packing his healthier lunches. Do you guys go for walks or anything like that? Maybe there's some (secret) way to help him become more active.
Oh and about your inlaws, just ignore them. I wouldn't invite them to another function. I know its easier said than done, but if it comes down to a choice between hurting my children and trying to include my ignorant inlaws (and it has come to that on many occasions), the EILs don't stand a ghost of a chance. I will cut someone about my children - believe you me! Where is a Hong Kong Fooey smiley when you need one??? ANYway Katie, the tea sounds like a great time! I love things like that, but don't have a daughter, only nieces, and all of them live out of town. Have a ball at the tea.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:09 PM   #372  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Afternoon chickies!!!

Thought I would stop in for a few minutes and catch up for the day. I have been working on school work most of the day and while i know i have gotten farther along i feel like i havent gotten anything done. I will continue working on stuff tonight and all weekend lol. I have decided to start back OP this weekend lol what a time to go back right. I do have a question for you. The week that i have to teach what do you suggest i do about getting all my food in? I know i will not be able to get anything in while im in the classroom except for water. So this means I will have breakfast, Lunch, my PM snack around 3-3:30 and then dinner i guess i could have an evening snack too i dont usually do that. What are you suggestions?

Deets~
yes 2oz = 1 dairy and i count 1 wedge as 1oz i know its not a full oz but thats ok that means if i fudge a little and add extra cheese to my salad im covered I usually use my LC cheese on tricuits or pita pockets.

Heather~
glad to hear its nothing serious and hope the test goes ok tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Shennie~
YAY!!!! you are sooooooo close. Im gonna get my butt kicking shoes ready not that ill need them but you know just in case!!!!

Carmen~
BL video LOVE IT and HATE IT. Im usually yell at BOB once or twice but its a great workout.

Barbara~
WTG your almost to ONEderland!!!!!!!!!!!

AMA~
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

Katie~
First off have fun at the party this weekend sounds like a BLAST and just foget about the EILs their loss!! Next about your grandmother so sorry to hear that. My grandparents house is next to ours and we lost my granddaddy last year so its tough but as the saying goes it does get easier with time you have your good and your bad days. The best thing i can tell ou is to spend as much time with her as you can. I feel the me way about my grandmother like i dont spend enough time with her. But im always busy or she isnt at home but i try my best to spend time with her weekly.

Well i guess i have had enough of a break back to the books for me.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #373  
slowlyshrinking

Ama - hang in there!! I haven't lost 80 pounds, but I have lost 70, and it just takes time and trust. The program does work, but you can't let the daily ups and downs throw you. So, take a deep breath, and trust that the program works, and that you can do it. The chickies on this board are phenomenally supportive, with lots of good suggestions and info - as well as great recipes! Hang in there!
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #374  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamababa3
Katie so sorry to hear about your grandma I'm sure it's got to be hard on her having to depend on everyone for her care. I'm glad you and your family are there to help her. It has to be hard on you also and scary as she gets older and your fear of finding her possibly gone one day. It takes a big heart to want to be there to help her. Seems so many parents are sent to a nursing home as they get older.

Shennie your doing so good I'm sure you will do great getting these last few pounds down.

Heather happy to hear there was nothing serious, but glad the Dr is choosing to a scan to confirm. I had a hair appt yesterday and called my husband, while I was still there and my DGD answered his cell phone. Seems my DD came by as he is taking the gas from his old truck, that doesn't run any more, and putting the gas into her car. She and I talked some on the phone and she said her feelings and I shared mine. She mentioned he is talking about going back to FL next week as he doesn't want to split us up. I told her if he wants to go home he is going to go anyway and won't need us for a reason. I told her him ignoring us isn't helping matters. Well see how it goes. I invited them all over for dinner on Friday will see if they say yes.

Thanks Bennie I tried better to get all my food in yesterday did pretty good missed a V & F, but got the rest in. The scale is still moving down this AM it was at 201.4, getting closer to 199

I was curious if any one else as filled out a survey. I got a call from the manager at the center today and she asked if I had received an 8 wk survey to be filled out. I told her I hadn't, so she is going to leave it in my file and once I fill it out she wants to meet with me to go over it. I'm now in about my 9th week.
I just filled out mine and got a 25% coupon. Of course it had to be used THAT day!
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #375  
Missing Ohio

Default Recipe

Ok, lets try this again. Posted and it flipped me out. Guess that's what my nights going to be about.

Anyhu, I tried to search for a meatloaf recipe on the recipe page and it has been flipping all over this board. Does anyone know the simple 1-2-3 of finding things on this board? Or, is it totally impossible and you have to go page by frigging page.

I think that I will shut this thing off, take a shower and go to bed.

Nite all.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote