Old 03-08-2006, 02:41 PM   #301  

Hi Everyone!

Green 0923 - Thank you for the suggestions re: how to curb my late night carb cravings! I will definitely give them a try. :-)

Part of my challenge is that I am adjusting to a new lifestyle - I was single for a long time and had really bad eating habits - I would eat little during the day and then graze on junk food and diet coke until bedtime with the occasional big meal throughout the week! Last July I got married (Yippee!) and since then my eating habits have improved to 3 regular meals a day.....but I am packing on the pounds!

My husband is an excellent cook...and I have been in eating heaven! That is....until I realized that I can only fit about 1/3 of the clothes in my closet! I have gained 12 lbs since August!

I am hoping that joining LAWL will help teach us about portion sizes (my husband does the cooking and while he is an excelent cook...and I am sooooo grateful....he typically makes as much for me as he does for himself....and greedy girl - I eat it all!)

Rebeca - I would love to have a buddy. I am really encouraged by the program and this site. Accountability is typically a challenge for me when it comes to things like this. Total dweeb in the motivation and exercise department. It seems so much easier to just lay on the couch and munch a few chips. (Sad but true) I am weighing in on Thursday this week but will ask to have it changed to M W F as that will work better for my schedule.

Chklithunder - WOW! Good luck with the Investors Club. It sounds excellent! Imagine retiring in just a few years.....aaaaahhhh, I can just picture the beach and the sound of the waves.....

Drats! I forgot my LA Lite bar today! So I am already screwing up on program. Thankfully, I brought a good lunch - big salad with grilled chicken and two pieces of fruit.

By the way.....does anyone know how nasty Starbucks is in terms of the program? Do you think it would it be possible for me to have one teeny tiny Tall Vanilla non-fat Latte? Or should I try to kick that habit? I typically only have one a day.....
Corinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #302  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Hi everyone Shennie, this is for you, girl....Lays has intrroduced the famous "100 cal packs" to their line...DORITOS in 100 cal packs. My LA cheese curls are 140 cals, 6g fat, 170 sodium and 27g carbs....DORITOS are 100 cals, 5g fat, 140 sodium and 12g carbs. The La snacks are 1S...you can figure out the rest. They are in sight, Shennie- they're in sight LOL!!!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:46 PM   #303  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Well, everyone knows I hate WI day and today is no exception! I knew going in I was up, and I was--1.5!! UGH. Like so many people here it is TOM so my fabulous counselor (seriously--she is great) took my side and totally blamed TOM and not the animal crackers I couldn't stay out of this weekend--she's a doll. I said next week will tell the real story. So I am no longer at -20#'s --but I have lost 11 inches so I'll take it.

Everyone is doing so great staying OP--I guess some days are better than others. Wow--a commercial--how cool to say "I know her" sort of... Good luck with the interview if you decide to pursue it.

Congratulations to all you losers of pounds, inches, sizes, (minds... ) sorry.

Barb--good luck with DD
Katie--GL with DH--it's out of love, how can it be a bad thing??
EVERYONE--have a great day.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:53 PM   #304  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Hi All, Lots of chatting this morning. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Heather hope your Dr is able to tell you your results soon and you start feeling better. My DD never showed. She texted me to say that her inspection was yesterday and that she would probably bring the wash by after school. I texted her that evening, but she didn’t reply. I then left her a VM letting her know I want to talk with my DGD every day and to have her call me. Will see if that happens. Were picking up a spare twin bed from my DMIL this weekend and am going to see if DGD wants to start spending the night over sometimes. While I’m not working she could stay during the week and I could take her to school. Thanks for your feedback. I’m going to try and stay strong and not contact her, but I sure hope that friend of hers is there for her when she falls again, because I don’t want her running to me for a while asking for help.

Saddlebreds glad to hear you dog is doing better.

Stiesta great news I’m happy to hear things worked out for you. I hope you get into a good center in SD.

Erin congrats on your WL hope you’re able to meet your Easter goal.

Snoody Wow a chance to be in the LAWL commercial is great. I think for me I have a lot more weight to lose before that would happen to me

Corinna your lunch sounds great. I don’t always get two lites in, but they are nice if you’re wanting something to snack on. I started buying the Starbucks sugar free vanilla latte’s made with nonfat milk. My center says you would just count is as your dairy and a condiment.

Hi to everyone else and here’s to a POP day.

I finally went in to my COD today and asked how long someone has to be gone before they get a phone call. They asked me when the last time I was in and I said last Wed. The one girl I see says well last time you were here you said you weren’t going to come in for a while, and I said no I said I will probably be in on Friday depending on how things go. They told me that usually if a person hasn’t been in a week then they would call. I finally lost a lb since last week and I had told them how I have been feeling and about the exercise I’m now trying to do daily. She said I’m not eating enough food. Which is true I’m not getting all my servings in most of the time. She said with the added exercise I’m causing my body to go into a plateau. So I will try harder to get my P, V & F in and make sure I get both my starches in since there are times I either don’t get them or get too much. She says my body is getting two many calories at one time and not enough at other. So here’s to trying harder
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #305  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

To the person who asked where to find tomato pesto, at my local grocery store it’s near the spaghetti sauce.

Snoody – a commercial would be exciting. I hope the interview goes well.

Deets – I like where you’re heading with the 100 cal pack of Doritos. No matter what I try to substitute, a taco salad just isn’t the same without them. The orange pork chops and carrots you posted the other day, was that in the new cookbook?

Went to WI over lunch, I was down 1.2 lbs. from Monday. I don’t know what’s going on. This is so not typical of my weight loss, but I’m not complaining.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #306  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetsmom
Hi everyone Shennie, this is for you, girl....Lays has intrroduced the famous "100 cal packs" to their line...DORITOS in 100 cal packs. My LA cheese curls are 140 cals, 6g fat, 170 sodium and 27g carbs....DORITOS are 100 cals, 5g fat, 140 sodium and 12g carbs. The La snacks are 1S...you can figure out the rest. They are in sight, Shennie- they're in sight LOL!!!
Deets, I am so close to cyring for joy right now... you have made my year wonder how long until they are out for sale.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:32 PM   #307  
banned

I have them, theyre in our stores now!
Old 03-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #308  
banned

Dawn, the pork recipe was posted in the thread, I think. It was a slight variation from the cook book, yes.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #309  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Dawn thanks for posting where you found the sun dried pesto. When I made my dish I thought it was the pesto near the cheese and I couldn't find the sun dried one so I bought another one. Now I'll need to compare to see how bad I did making a dish with the wrong stuff, although it was very good
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #310  
slowlyshrinking

Default OK, their scale MUST Be broken!

I went to WI this morning, and I knew I'd be down because I hadn't had any water yet and hadn't had lunch - I usually go after work. So, I get on the scale and it's down 3.6 pounds!!! I'm down 4.8 for the WEEK!! So I asked the counselor - so has anybody else had a great day on this scale, and she says - Nope, just you!!! I've been doing this since last summer, and I've NEVER lost 4.8 pounds a week! I just had to share!

Christie - I'm glad you go that worked out - that 800# is magic!

Mary - I'm really excited about that 100 calorie Doritos - I'm going to have to go look tonight! This could really change my attitude!

The tomato pesto is in with the spaghetti sauces at my store too - but it's a smaller jar than I expected, so I had to stand there and search for a while!

Heather - I hope the Dr. figures out what's going on!

Katie - good luck with DH - we all know how sensitive a topic it can be, but mostly because he probably knows its a problem and doesn't want to deal with it!

Snoody - a commercial - wow! I'll bet it will be great fun!

Have a POP day! If I can just end up next week where I am now, I'll be happy!
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #311  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Slowly--that is AWESOME!! I will do the dance of joy with you!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 120

congrats to everyone who had a success this week and there are also 100 calorie chip o'hoy cookies that have less calories than the LA rasin cinnamon cookie(1 cookie count as fruit/starch) which is 250 calories for just 1 cookie! Before I was on maintainence, I ask could I eat the 100 calorie pack snacks and they said that I could not until I reach maintainence. I think anyone could give it a try and replace the La snacks with the 100 calorie snacks. Let me know how it goes if anyone decides to do this.
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 120

Oh I forgot to mention if anyone decide to do the 100 calorie packs, limit to 3 times a week as you would limit LA snacks to 3 times a week (my counselor mention this a while back about the LA snacks)
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #314  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Slowlyshrinking – That’s an outstanding loss for the week and it’s only Wednesday! I’ve had a strange weight loss week myself. Today at WI they were so exited for me. They know how hard it’s been for me to stay positive. They even showed me the picture they took when I first started, I almost cried. It’s hard to believe what only 20 lbs. does and you’re lost 72 lbs. That’s terrific!!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:11 PM   #315  

Well i went to the store to try and find the tomato pesto and al i could find was the plain pesto and then a jar of sundried tomatoes...so if i blend up the SD tomatoes and add to the pesto will this be ok??? the tomatos are in olive oil ....should i rinse them first or just use them as they are???

thanks JAMIE
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote