Old 03-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 120

Katie you and you Fam are so sweet , we need more ppl like that.
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #392  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up WI = Down 2.6 lbs!

Good morning, ladies!

Katie, that story is so beautiful! You have an amazing family!

Happy birthday, Leah!

Well, not much time to post, but I wanted to post progress! WI today, down another 2.6 lbs! Yippee! TOM is almost over, so I'm sure today's loss was a lot of water, but I lost a total of 4.2 lbs during TOM week, I think that's pretty good!

Have a POP day, ladies!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:25 AM   #393  

Katie, You are the BEST! I think you are one of those people that truly make a difference in others lives...shame on your EILs for how they act. You inspire me, girlfriend!

Leah, happy birthday, and welcome back to the wagon. I, too, am struggling to get the last 10 pounds off. Let's do it together!

I am doing good OP today. I bought some girl scout cookies (BIG mistake) from a friend's daughter to help her out. I put them in our big freezer in the basement, buried under everything, thinking I would forget all about them...I am almost dreaming about them! So I decided to throw them out before I binge on a weak moment. I guess it was a "contribution" to the girl scouts, which is better than a "contribution" to my large bum! Proud moment for me -- cookies are my thing. They are the one food that I would give up all others to be able to eat -- so they have become the one thing I have to avoid. NSV, and I'll take it!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #394  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Katie great story of generosity. It's nice to hear stories like this and close families that are there to help each other. Thanks for sharing it.

Leah happy belated birthday to you and your DD.

Erin congrats on you WL.

Christie WOW why to go on throwing out the cookies now you have no guilt of overdosing on them

This board is pretty quite here this morning. I'm making a quick set of baby booties and a hat for my daughter to take to a baby shower tomorrow. I'm been making my DGD baby doll a few different clothes pieces. I like making the smaller things as I tend to complete them, it's the bigger projects that seem to take forever that I get bored and don't complete them. I'm going in to the center today, but looking at my scale the weight is the same, which will probably show as a small gain on their scale. I had beef two nights in a row, so that could be what's slowing me down again. I don't think I'm ever going to see the scale below 200

Have a great day all!
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #395  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Erin, You are rockin, chickie! The lbs are just falling off of you!

Mary- How is DH doing on his diet?

Barb- How cool that you can crochet. I have tried to learn, but just have no skills when it comes to fine motor stuff. Don't you worry. You will see onderland soon!

Christie- Wow, huge NSV. It used to always feel like a sin to me to throw away food. Now it feels like a sin to eat it, ha ha. I guess that is the old "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" philosophy!

Last edited by Repo girl; 03-10-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #396  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Cool

Hi Everybody!

Crazy crazy day at work today. My boss called me in and I thought I was history (you know they always fire folk on Friday), but she really wanted to tell me that my performance review is so long overdue because she has put me up for a promotion! How is THAT??? So anyway she said that as soon as she gets all the paperwork back from HR we will go over it. It is great to have your work recognized and rewarded.

Took the DSs to a buffet for dinner last night, and I did well. I had only one plate, and 3/4 of it was veggies. I know I went over on the veggies yesterday becuz I had a large salad for lunch and then cooked broccoli and cabbage for dinner. I also had about 1/2 C of yams w/ marshmallows and some grilled chicken, and I did have a slice of sugar free cake for dessert. I didn't get in all my water, and the scale is up, sure enough. So, hitting the water HARD today, and will have some smooth move tea this afternoon because it feels like something is "stuck" in my digestive system. My DSis is coming to town this weekend, so I am already saving up my starches, KWIM?

Katie - your family is awesome. When you come from a family like yours who genuinely loves each other and sticks together through thick and thin, it is SO HARD to fathom families that fight within themselves. That's DH and me... my family is so supportive and caring, with literally zero disagreements with each other. We're so tight. And then DHs family is just the opposite: a mom without the sense God gave a rock and no conscience, and a DF and a DB who are almost just as bad. You look at these types of families and just have to shake your head because you feel so bad for them because they JUST DON'T GET IT. ANYway, off my . I think that what you guys did for your DSis was FANTASTIC. Y'all are awesome.

Stiesta - WTG with the cookies! I am bringing the thin mints here to the office for these hungry folk. They'll appreciate them. All the others I've ordered can stay at home with the DH and the DSs and I can resist them.

Erin - you incredible shrinking lady you!

To all the maintainers and gainers...we can DO this!

Here's to us, chickies!

ETA - Barb... never fear, ONEderland IS NEAR! (ya hear???)
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #397  
Katie

Carmen- WTG on the promo!! No doubt you deserve it. You want to hear a confession? I go over on veggies every day. I write down what the COD wants to hear, but the truth is, I eat as many as I want. I do be very careful about too many condiments, however. Sounds to me like you did great at the buffet.

Okay, kids are just too honest sometimes. Today while I am doing the BL workout, my soon to be 5 year old DD says, "You still have a big bum, but it is starting to go away." Thanks, dear. Then I take a shower and get dressed in some of my new pants, and she says, "Those pants look dorky on you." DORKY? Who taught her to talk anyway?

Last edited by Repo girl; 03-10-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #398  

Good Morning Everyone! (It is still morning here in Kelowna, BC) Wow! Some good things happening on the site.

Repogirl - Your story was so touching and so inspiring. We hear so much about the negative stuff sometimes and it is wonderful to hear about how thoughtful and sweet you and your family are.

Christie - Great news on the Girl Guide victory! I know....they are my weakness as well. :-) Congrats for having the willpower to throw them out and take a step in the right direction for yourself!

Chklithunder - WOOHOO!!!! Congrats on the promotion! Way to go!!!
Corinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #399  

Mary,

I know exactly what you mean! Here I am watching everything I am eating....writing it down....weighing it.....and so far....the scale has barely moved even a smidge! Last night my husband says "hey, I just got on the scale and noticed that I have lost 4 lbs" and he isn't even on the program!!! argh! Gotta love him though....he is cooking lean protein dinners now and we have cut way back on the potatoes and pasta....to help support my efforts. Guess it is working for him as well!
Old 03-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #400  
Katie

Yeah, they lose faster, don't have to deal with TOM, and can pee anywhere! What contest did women lose to get all of this stuff? I can just see Adam and Eve in some kind of a Fear Factor type contest. "Okay, whoever climbs this tree fastest gets to pee standing up!" "Whoever eats the most manna in a minute gets to have a faster metabolism and lose weight effortlessly" "Whoever can pull their bottom lip over their head gets to bear children and earns a bonus gift called a period" Guess which contest we won?
Old 03-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #401  

Oh my goodness! That is toooo funny!
Old 03-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #402  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Katie, you crack me up!

Carmen - WTG on the promotion - that is indeed Very !

Erin - congrats on the huge TOM loss - I am one of those wierd ducks that lose during TOM too - I just came back from COD and am down 3 pounds for the week.

The bad news is that they moved me down a plan today, and I lost a starch. . Woe is me.....

Corinna - do you follow hockey? How 'bout them Rockets?! I think I'll be in Kelowna for a youth tournament this spring sometime.

Barb, I wish I could crochet or knit. I am so hopelessly left handed, (only lefty in my immediate family) I've never found anyone who could teach me. My grandmother tried, when I was little, but she passed before I could get the concept. I would love to be able to make doll clothes for DD, etc.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #403  

Default That is absolutely hilarious! You should write a book!!!

Love the Adam and Eve post, and you're right, it's not fair. We got the short end of the stick on most things!

I've been lurking mostly lately, but I had to post today......TWENTY pounds!! It's a huge milestone for me. Got to sign the "20 pound board" and everything. I know it's silly, but it's something to look forward to.

Congrats to everyone else on how well they are doing!

Michele
chelebele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #404  
Katie

No way is that silly. That is great!! It is milestones like this that keep us going. WTG!!

Lori- Good for you. Sad about the starch, though.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #405  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Katie & Hkychik when I used to be in school, many years ago they used to teach crochet and knitting. I can do both, but prefer to crochet as it goes much faster and is easier. I tried to teach my DD, but don't have the patience as to me it's easy, but she couldn't get it. You used to go to baby showers and you'd see so many home made items and now they are mostly all store bought.

Hkychik I can relate how you feel about losing a starch I took it pretty hard myself when it happened to me about two weeks ago. After talking with the center I was ok with it and am trying harder good luck you can do it.

Michele congrats on the 20 lbs that is excellent you should be proud.

I mentioned before the centers scale is usually the same as mine or higher by 2 ozs. Well at home dressed my scale was 202.8, so I thought ok the centers will be higher well I weighed and theirs show I had a .02 oz loss. Hey I'll take that I had my hair recently done, roots, highlights and lowlights and went to the center with my hair set and I was overwhelmed with compliments. Guess I should try and look nicer more often I also picked up my questioner to fill out. I thought it was going to be yes or no questions no you have to think up your responses and fill out each one. They also gave me a 25% off coupon to use when I meet with manager to go over my responses. Well off to get the beanie made chat later!
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote