Old 03-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #211  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

4S, 2 1/2 P (8oz), 4F, 4V, 2L, 1fat, 2D
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:42 AM   #212  
Princess Heather

Katie: I'm on red and I get 2 1/2 protein, 4 veggies, 3 fruit, 3 starch, 1 dairy, 1 fat and 2 lites!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:46 AM   #213  
Let's try this again . .

Heather-

Red and red plus are 2 different plans . . .
Old 03-07-2006, 12:01 PM   #214  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone. Is anybody still out here?

Well, went to COD and found that I was down almost a lb. I'll take it! Evidently the popcorn and raisinettes didn't do too too much damage, either that or all the extra walking I've been doing lately is helping out a bit.

Katie - I think its a good idea that you're putting DH on a healthy eating regimen. If you know that he's snacking on things that are not so healthy at night and drinking a lot of sugar throughout the day, maybe take the starches and a couple of fruits out of his lunch? Idunno, just a thought. About the comments about your WL and such... my DH has been saying things about my WL ever since it first became noticeable to him. But he's so transparent I can tell it is mostly out of insecurity. I don't get it - I've never given him any reason to doubt my intentions toward him, and after (what feels like) an eternity of marriage, he should know better. I figure that's just something he will have to work out on his own, because nothing I say about that topic seems to help . I still have to do my LAWL thing, you know?

Shennie - GL with the mortgage company. My DB is a broker, so he handles all of our business like that (thankfully). That is such a scary and overwhelming process. I can't believe they want your returns from 5 and 6 years ago. That's just plain crazy.

HeatherPP - GL with your appointment. Let us know how it goes.

Erin - Best of luck with the garden. I have a black thumb too. Well actually its more dark brown , but everything I plant always dies. DH is an EXCELLENT gardener, and he does veggies every year. He plants tomatoes, peppers, greens, strawberries, broccoli, lettuce, green beans, spring onions, and he keeps trying pumpkins and watermelons but they never do well at all. I know that when you start your garden that you have to pick a spot that gets at least 4-6 hours of sun per day, then you till the ground, and then you plant. If you're in Memphis and you're planting from seeds, now would be the time to start. If you're starting from little plants, you can still wait I think for up to another month. HTH and send me some goodies when its harvest time!

CARM TO BEANIE...COME IN BEANIE...

Here's to all of you chickies . Let's have a POP day!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #215  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Erin- I want to plant a garden this year too. My mom built these cool "garden boxes" last year with 8 foot planks of wood. She made two of them, put black plastic in the bottoms, and filled them with top soil and some fertilizer. Her garden grew so well, and with NO weeds! I really want to try this, but I will be hard pressed to talk DH into helping me, since my gardening efforts always end in disaster. I want to grow tomatoes, red potatoes, zuchinni, summer squash, lettuce, cucumber, onions, radishes, carrots, etc. I guess maybe me and my mom could do them without help, since she and my dad figured them out last year. I am also going to stock up on berries this summer while they are cheap, and fill the freezer with them. We have raspberry farms around where you can come and pick your own for a really good price per flat. Also, strawberries get down to about $8.00 a flat. I pay $3.00 a pound for them out of the freezer section in the winter. Also, I want to pick and freeze a bunch of huckleberries this summer. There is nothing better than huckleberry pancakes, cheesecake, cobbler, smoothies. And they are $50.00 a gallon to buy them from someone else!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #216  
Let's try this again . .

Mmmm-huckleberries (and marionberries!). Isn't the NW just the best place for berries?
Old 03-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #217  
Katie

I have never had marionberries. What are they like?
Old 03-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #218  
Let's try this again . .

Similar to blackberries . . . .makes a great cobbler. I think they are only found in Oregon, but could be wrong about that.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:58 PM   #219  
PurpleSunshine

Katie - I think that is a great plan for DH - perfect way for you to help without saying a word!! Even if he does notice - you can explain about your concern for him due to his DD problems and that you want him around forever!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #220  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Hi Ladies sorry I haven't been on in a few still wasn't feeling so happy seeing a gain on the scale, but I have gone to every other day on the gazelle to daily and determined to make that work. I weighed this AM and I'm finally seeing the scale move downwards again. Today it was finally at 202.8 with a warmer night gown on. I did find myself eating more starches then allowed, which doesn't help. Yesterday the only starch I had was a T of rice with dinner. My computer has been acting up yesterday I deleted Microsoft XP programs and then reloaded them, so I had to set up Outlook from Yahoo. Of course I lost all my emails Word docs etc. I had downloaded Explore .7 and I think that is part of my problem and I can't see that I can delete it. Now I keep getting a message secure IE auto update could not connect to the internet and my MacAfee won't open up all the way, or if it's in a middle of a scan update it will just stop. I went on to MacAfee’s site and ran a free virus scan, but I don't have any. If any of you might know what the problem is please let me know what I could do. I was going to talk with Microsoft, but they charge $35 an hour. I will probably chat with MacAfee today to see if they know. I was worried since I couldn't get a hold of my daughter yesterday and my grand daughter wasn't in school. I drove to my daughters at 1:10 PM opened the door with her spare key to find my GD sitting in front of the TV watching cartoons. When I asked where her Mommy was she took me to my DD room where her and her new friend from FL were sleeping. I was pissed and yelled out her name. She woke up and stated she didn't realize it was that late. I was pissed Jasmyne missed school, that I'm paying for and you pay if they go or not, I was pissed my daughter missed her 1 class that she is behind on and needs to pass her medical classes and stay in the program for reduced rent. And I was pissed this lazy so called man is going on his second week being down in CA and hasn't lifted a finger to look for a job. They were fully clothed and my daughter told me they are not romantically together yet, but to me it sets a poor example for Jasmyne. She has an alarm clock use it. My GD room was a total mess with toys every where. I told my husband I'm about ready to let me DD know I will let Jasmyne live with us until she is done playing house. I have not been able to sleep well the last couple of nights waking up worrying about this crap. My DD is an adult, but like I told her my GD and her DD looks up to her and is only 5 and needs her Mom to take care of her. Her wash needs to be done and I had texted her yesterday to tell her to bring her wash over I would do it. She says she is going to bring it over today, well see. The weather is raining hard here lets see if she still does it. My husband plans to talk to this guy by the weekend if he hasn't tried to find work by then. Sorry to go on and on, but now you know why some of the reasons why I haven't been on.

Shennie well these people ever leave you alone regarding your past taxes. Good luck and hope it ends soon.

Heather hope the Dr is able to figure out what's going on with your digestive system and helps you to get out of pain soon.

Katie I think it's great that you are looking out for you DH and lets hope it helps with what your packing him for lunch and then making him for dinner. I know I tend to harp on my DH and I know that's not good to do either as I wouldn't want him to do that to me. I just watch what he eats sometimes and it's not healthy. Gardens are nice if you keep up on them and fresh fruit tastes so good. My sister was down one year and worked on part of my yard to plant carrots, broccoli and tomatoes. Well they grew and were good, till I started forgetting about them. Well I never new broccoli grows and turns in to flowers Let's just say I never tried to have a garden again.

Carmen congrats on the loss.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 212/199/150

I don't post that much but... I know what you chicks are up too.
Speaking of e-bay. I buy most of my LA lites on ebay. I typically spent $45 dollars on 28 bars (including shipping). Thats 13 dollars cheaper then my center. My COD knows about it. They don't like it but, they seem to understand. I resently bought 28 bars from a seller. She accidently sent me 56 bars. Now, thats a bargain!! No but really!! I wrote her and told her of her error. I haven't heard form her though. We'll see what happens. Where do you think they get all those bars? I hope that many people aren't bombing out on the program
BTW, I've lost 11 pounds since I started (4 weeks)

Kathy
kattheall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:46 PM   #222  
PurpleSunshine

Oh Barbara - I'm so sorry you are dealing with all this - but I would've reacted the same exact way - I know it has to be hard being a single parent, but you always have to think about what is best for your child........Hopefully you can help keep the situation positive.....

You should not get down on yourself for a small gain - Barbara you have done so great - totally awesome to this point.....Just remember the exercising will even out the weightloss and make it slower - but it reaps it's own benefit!!! I was talking to the owner of the gym last night and he was explaining how he was reading an article about muscle vs. fat weight. A pound is a pound - only muscle makes things much more tone and look alot better...So keep working that gazelle and trust me - your clothes will get loose and you will be feeling so much better no matter how much the scale has moved..... Whatever you do - don't be disppointed - you are doing great and you inspire many of us!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:46 PM   #223  
Katie

Hi Barb, glad to see you back. Sorry you are having drama with DD. Good thing for Jasmine that she has you to look out for her. Sometimes it is so hard to understand what people are thinking. Hopefully things turn around soon.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #224  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

My DD is 26 and has worked her last job she broke a bone in her back and is on disability and going to school for med classes. She has one class two classes left to be complete and this quarter is the one that is the hardest and she seems to be slacking more on. She has ADD and doesn't choose to take meds for, so she tends to forget things easily, which makes her studying harder. It's that new guy that she likes that came from FL to CA to meet her and see where things go. We and others have helped her out so much and that is why I'm getting a little sick of this guy not looking for work to contribute at all. I'm going to start suggesting to have Jasmyne spend the night with us in hopes my DD will figure out what's more important. Yes it is very hard when I'm very close to my GD and want to speak up more then I do, but I don't want to push my DD away either. I was on my own when I was 17 as a single Mom I know it's hard. Part of it she just moved out on her own last year and I think she still has quite a bit growing up to do. She is a good Mom, but is putting to much interest in this guy in my eyes. I was always very close to my Mom up until she died in her 50's. If it was just my DD I say fine to what you are choosing to do with your life, even though I might not agree with it all, but when my GD is involved then yes I'm going to speak up. Thanks for the feed back.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:50 PM   #225  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Barb .

I'd be rather pissed too, if I saw what you were describing. I'd say DD needs a good talking to. I'd volunteer to do Jasmyne's laundry, but not DDs. Take a couple of steps back and give her an idea of what it is like to not have your full support. I know what its like to lose sleep worrying over your kids, and mine are not even that old yet! My prayers are with you girlfriend.

P.S. Glad to see the scale going downward again!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote