Old 03-07-2006, 04:35 PM   #256  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

I too would definately call the 800 number on that. They should be willing to transfer your membership or something.

Just wanted to wish Brittyboo and Mitchypoo a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Hello to everyone else!

Im still hanging in there. Didn't make it to weigh in last week because of the dad situation. I hope we can go this week.

Hope that we all have POP days and a great weigh-in!!

Beanie

Last edited by mrsbeanie; 03-07-2006 at 04:42 PM.
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #257  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Default Bought Myself the BL DVD

Well thanks to all you guys and your BL DVD talk (katie for one!) I went to Wal-mart.com (no time to actually go to the store!) and ordered me one! Im getting excited for it to come, I need to excercise again and take some me time!!
Old 03-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #258  

i want to say that i was told the only way to get your money back was to move away from a center...so you should be able to get your money back. I had a yellow form that said that that I signed...look for your contract.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:01 PM   #259  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good for you Beanie. You totally deserve some me time, and you will feel so good too!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #260  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

okay quick question if I can't afford the hand weights right now what could I use instead?
Old 03-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 212/199/150

cans of soup,coke,bottles of water. Just about anything that fits in your hand. Not too light or heavy.

Kathy
kattheall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #262  
Missing Ohio

Here's an interesting recipe. If someone makes it, let me know how it taste.

Curried Chicken Salad With Marionberries
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 3 chicken breasts)
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dry white wine
2 tablespoons mango chutney
1/2 tablespoon curry powder
1/4 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 green onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1/4 cup raisins
2 cups fresh or frozen Marionberries (or other blackberries)
1/2 cup roasted salted cashews

Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add chicken breasts and sauté for 5 minutes. Turn and sauté for 5 more minutes or until done. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and cool in refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes. Cut meat into 1/2-inch cubes.

Combine mayonnaise, wine, chutney, curry powder, lemon juice and ginger in a large bowl. Add chicken, onion, celery, raisins and Marionberries; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. If using frozen berries, allow salad to sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving. Immediately before serving, add cashews.

Serve on a bed of lettuce or in pocket bread, if desired.

Makes 4 servings.

Approximate values per serving: 431 calories, 20 g fat, 66 mg cholesterol, 31 g protein, 33 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 247 mg sodium, 42 percent calories from fat.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:38 PM   #263  

Hi Everyone!
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it! Hmmm....yes, I did have beef during the take-off (a big steak and veggies at dinner on the first day) and I probably didn't drink enough water on the second day. Today is my first day on the "Gold program" and so far so good. My preference would be to do without the LA Lite bars but I have decided to try them for now.....after work is my toughest time....my tendency is to snack (mostly on carbs) from about 4:30 until bed. That habit will be hard to break. Again, thanks for the welcome!
Corinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #264  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

stiesta, I am late coming to the conversation, but I agree with everyone else. They SHOULD prorate or transfer. Definitely call the 800 number! I know they told me before that since I travel, I can go to any center when I am traveling.

Corinna, I thought I would have the same problem as you -- snacking in the evenings. Here is what has helped for me. First, in the first week of my program, I saved a portion or two for the evening. That way, I had something OP I could eat. After a couple of weeks, I cut out the evening snack and started eating it earlier in the day. By then, I was full enough that I didn't feel the need to snack. Lastly, I exercise in the early evening, then eat dinner around 7 PM. After eating, feeding the kids, getting the kitchen cleaned up, and trying to spend a few minutes relaxing, it's too late for me to even think about trying to eat anything else. The other thing that has worked for me is to do hot lemon water around 8 PM. It makes me feel like I am getting something, fills me up a bit, and helps with my water retention.

Good luck! I'm WI in a couple of hours. TOM has arrived, and my scale showed a .8 raise since yesterday morning, but still shows down 1 lb. since Monday's WI, so I may actually show a loss! Yippee!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #265  
PurpleSunshine

Good morning chickies!! Well today I go to the gastroenternologist and hopefully find out what has been wrong with my stomach.....geez, I told DH last night that I turned 30 in November and have been falling apart ever since. Can wait for the is pain to go away - hopefully it isn't anything bad. I was at the vitamin store yesterday and he seems to think most of it could be a result from the antibiotics I was on for over 3/4 weeks - got rid of all the bad bacteria AND the good bacteria in my digestive system - which can cause problems........so I got some stuff to help that - but hopefully that is all it is....we will find out today.....

Sounds like everyone is doing great for the month of march.

Barb - I hope if you had your talk - it went well with DD. Sometimes backing off and making people realize what your worth is - makes for people appreciating you more - Good luck!!!

Corinna - hopefully the small gain was from the beef - I see it everytime I eat beef. Can't wait to see results of your next WI!!!!

Bre - recipe sounds great - but not sure what marionberries are - I did see some discussion about it earlier in the thread - maybe I'll have to back up and read.....

Stiesta - Did you call the # yet? Hopefully you received better information than what your COD told you!!

Well ladies off to work for a little while!! Chat with ya later -
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #266  

Default Buddy Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinna
Hi Everyone!
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it! Hmmm....yes, I did have beef during the take-off (a big steak and veggies at dinner on the first day) and I probably didn't drink enough water on the second day. Today is my first day on the "Gold program" and so far so good. My preference would be to do without the LA Lite bars but I have decided to try them for now.....after work is my toughest time....my tendency is to snack (mostly on carbs) from about 4:30 until bed. That habit will be hard to break. Again, thanks for the welcome!
Hey Corinna! Welcome on board! I am sooo happy that you decided to take such a step for yourself! I am also on the gold plan, kind of stuck for a while because of exercising, but if you need a buddy to keep you in track I am here. Leah Au is also my buddy and we try to keep each other away from temptations, just checking up and seeing how much we are losing! Our WI days are M W F!

Hey Chickies, I forgot to mention, now that i got my gym membership I am doing aerobics two times a week for one hour, and the rest of the week I am doing one hour and a half of cardio, saturday and sundays i am doing at least 30 minutes if I can! Lets see how much I will be losing for now on...I have been really stuck so i just hope this helps!!!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #267  

Geez, why does life alway get in the way - Hello All, I'm back again. Just when I thought I'd be ready to do a TO and get really back on track since I'm just maintaining - our little dog gets sick. Instead of starting TO, I had to make three hour drive and hotel stay in Raleigh so she could see the vets at NC State Vet School. Poor baby is diabetic and I need to give her insulin shots every day, manage her diet and track her blood sugar 2 x a day and then train hubby to do it when I am away at horse shows.

Of course, it isn't as tough as what some others on the board are dealing with...so after trying to catch up, I'm doing TO today and tomorrow and getting my butt in gear.

Corrine - welcome, this board it a terrific source of support and inspiration. I've not been a regular, but hope to..

stiesta - these ladies really know how to work COD issues, follow their advise and I'm sure you'll get your problems resolved. Where in MA do you live? I recently moved from Medfield to NC and we love having no winter weather to speak of. Of course, San Diego is 10x nicer weather wise than NC...you'll just love it.

Deets, Shennie, PP, Repo, Marnie ...et all the regulars: your weight loss is sooo terrific, congradulations for your progress - I hope to join you on this list!

Have a great OP day everyone...
Loves Saddlebreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #268  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow Saddlebreds, Sorry to hear about your dog. Hopefully the insulin will do the trick. They really become part of the family, don't they?

Heather- GL at the Dr. Hope they can fix you up fast!!!

Rebeca- That is a lot of exercise! Have you moved up a plan?

Erin- GL at WI!!

Got to go fix DH his OP lunch! Check back later.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:57 AM   #269  

Repo- I have asked them about it but they said that the gold is the highest I can go because of my weight and my goal. I am not doing the lites either. I just have one when i have a sweet cravings that will no go away! Even with all of that exercising I am still kind of stuck! What plan are you on?
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #270  
PurpleSunshine

Hey saddle - where in NC did you move? I think I asked you before but I can't remember - we should've met for dinner when you came to NC State -

Sorry to hear about your doggy - but hopefully he will be up and running in no time!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote