Old 03-02-2006, 12:00 PM   #76  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeca
Build a bear is open and its located at Broadway at the Beach (where most attractions are)! Broadway is on 21st Avenue North you cannot miss it!
YAY !! My kids are really looking forward to this and saving their $$ (of course DH and I will help ) We decided to let them go to Build A Bear instead of getting of a lot of little stuff ... hopefully they will enjoy making a special memory from their vacation

Last edited by Mom_of_3_Monsters; 03-03-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #77  

Repro girl: Love the new picture! Very flattering. Not that your other one was bad, but we can see you better in this one and you're just beautiful! Are you the one with evil MIL and SIL that doesn't compliment you on your WL success? If so, they are just plain jealous (the green eye'd monster is giving me a slight kick of that too). Now that I see your update, just think to yourself "Eat your heart out" each time they ignore your success. Believe me, they are jealous! Secretly you can be doing this ! WTG!

Rebeca: I will be staying in Surfside Beach in May. Can you give me some highlights of the area in a PM? Restauants. Shopping idea or things not to miss? I love the area, but my job keeps in here in the North for now at least.

I have printed the rest of the posts so I can read them offline and catch up. Maybe I found a way to keep up with everyone.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #78  
Princess Heather

Katie: 8 cupcakes in one sitting...LOL my best friends 5 year old would do that too. She is really concerned that come summer we won't have the "frozen sticks" (the pop ices).

For all who have offered support THANK YOU! I think we've just had so much change in the last month that I was starting a mini meltdown. I am just going to have to take the time to plan things and make it happen. It will be so worth it in the long run, and I want to change my picture too! I also have to remember if the family is eating like me..then they are eating well and maybe these children won't have bad habits to break in the future. I am not giving up by any means. I am feeling better and looking better than I have in many moons...so I just shift and re focus and come back stronger!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #79  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good for you Heather!!

Sy- Thanks for the kind words chickie. EMIL has now decided to join LAWL. Wonder why? LOL

Rebeca- SO glad things are working out better for you and DH. Great about the YMCA, too.

Lori- I remember when you had that meltdown. Funny how once you get the hang of cooking this way, you can see how it can become a permanent lifestyle change, can't you?

I just made a shake that rivals DQ. Well, anyway, I am going to tell myself that, LOL. 1/2 c skim milk, 1 whole frozen banana, and a healthy squirt of SF Hersheys syrup. Very good.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuseNY
Repro girl: Love the new picture! Very flattering. Not that your other one was bad, but we can see you better in this one and you're just beautiful! Are you the one with evil MIL and SIL that doesn't compliment you on your WL success? If so, they are just plain jealous (the green eye'd monster is giving me a slight kick of that too). Now that I see your update, just think to yourself "Eat your heart out" each time they ignore your success. Believe me, they are jealous! Secretly you can be doing this ! WTG!

Rebeca: I will be staying in Surfside Beach in May. Can you give me some highlights of the area in a PM? Restauants. Shopping idea or things not to miss? I love the area, but my job keeps in here in the North for now at least.

I have printed the rest of the posts so I can read them offline and catch up. Maybe I found a way to keep up with everyone.

Hugs, Sy
Surfside is only about ten minutes from Downtown MB
Therefore you can still have a great time in here!
My favorite places in Surfside are:
River City Cafe
(843) 232-9797
11 N Seaside Dr
Surfside Beach, SC 29575

Latitude 22
(843) 232-9796
Surfside Dr
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

There are not many touristical atractions there but if you keep going north for about 10 min you will be righ at downtown mb, where all the stores and the pavilion are located! At 21st avenue North you will find Broadway at the beach where the hottest clubs and restaurants are!

Hope you have a great time!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #81  
PurpleSunshine

Wow - I thought I was doing good today keeping caught up - I come back from lunch and all the west coaster's are chatting away!!!

katie - that is hilarious about the cupcakes - Savannah would probably just eat all the icing. It is funny - used to - she wouldn't touch anything sweet - now she loves it - I actually bought her sugar free for valentines - that way, if she wants one - if wouldn't keep her up too late.....

HeatherCP - Everyone has give great advice already, but I just wanted to say - keep your head up. All the changes you've been through is enough to make anyone second guess things. No matter what - us chickies are here to support you. You're doing great@!!!

Sy - Good to see you around and I totally understand about keeping up!!!

Rebeca -never realized you were so close - I'm in NC - about 5 hours from Myrtle!!!

Norissa - The kids will love the build a bear - they are so neat!!!

Oh my friend started her TO today - she is doing great so far!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #82  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Good March to all of you!
Rebecca Nice to see you again, I hope that everything is fine with you and DH.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #83  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Just made a really great lunch and wanted to share...i took ground turkey, cooked it up with cumin, garlic, onion powder, ML and chili powder..then on the plate I arranged it with a whole chopped tomato with a touch of cilantro and green onion with a tbsp of ff sour cream...VERY filling and yummy.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #84  
banned

A few words on stabilization....
I really advise you guys to lose 3-5 pounds less than you originally wanted when youre at the tail end. Its "normal" according to the COD and all the publications there to expect 2-5 pounds up in stabilization, upwards of 4 in maintennance. Mine is back to 134 but it DOES fluctuate. Im glad I initially lowered my goal to be a little under. Also, THERE IS A TON of food, its not even funny You will be getting an extra fruit, two veggies, a starch, fat, dairy and 1/2 protein more...at least thats for my plan. It's gradual, but its A LOT.

We had a visiting counselor from Dallas, TX today- she was not at all like our regular counselors and it was a welcome change. She was all decked out, beautiful suit with 4" heels and the whitest teeth I have ever seen - besdes which she was very well versed in the program. Plus she just started writting all over my journal, I was like, "what the...."

She seemed utterly shocked at all of the trouble I have had with the program but its nice cos I should be seeing her for the next 2-3 weeks, which is nice for getting a different point of view. It was cute for us New England people to hear her tell my kids to "come on back real soon, now".

Its snowing here today, the second my son got off the bus for early dismissal it totally stopped. Some "snow storm", LOL!!! They've got to be kidding me....
Old 03-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #85  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Hi mary:
Take them to the taylor, they can fix it until you reach te 12s.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #86  
Katie

Height: 5'1

That is great about the sizes, Mary. We have a college here that brings in students from all over the world. Every year when it starts snowing I totally avoid the campus for few weeks. Not only are they terrible drivers, the pedestrians walk right out in front of you like you can stop on a dime. It seems like every year at least one student gets ran over in the winter. I think that a lot of them have never even seen snow before.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:34 PM   #87  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
Over half of the people there are from other countries (Poland, Germany, Canada), and I have learned it is NOT fun to play board games with foreigners. I played taboo with them last time and those girls couldn't get RACCOON to save their life. They just have a totally different set of references.
ROFLMAO...

It reminds me of my best friends wedding video where her Ukranian husband was scratching his head and trying to not look ridiculous when the DJ payed a song from Grease and busted out the faux leather jackets and shades.. TOO FUNNY
Old 03-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #88  
Britt/LAWL~Red

My goodness we are chatty the first few days of March!!

I have been gone for about 2 weeks nothing new here have stayed the same weight wise. I have been so busy with school and the office that if there is a moment to breath i lean back in my chair instead of getting on here lol. We should be able to start moving into our new office next week. Cross your fingers. Then I will have a little more time. I am on spring break next week as well. But not much of a break with moving into the new office and working on lesson plans and unit plans for classes. I hope you are all doing well and I will try and get caught up with yall ASAP.

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:26 PM   #89  
PurpleSunshine

Britt - Glad to see you back - good thing that you are maintaining with your busy schedule - HOpe school is going good - we miss you!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #90  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Heather!! Thanks chick im glad to be back. School is going great but I have so much to do in the next week or so before i go out to teach for a week in the schools. I had a midterm today and i finished up teaching 4 4th graders a fraction unit. They took a test on it and i had 2 A's 1 B and an F have to finishe doing an assessment on their test and then i will be done with that. So what all is new here? I am trying to catch up lol that might take a while. Also is the site running really slow for anyone else? What all have i missed anything big?

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote