Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Maile- you posed an interesting question about why we feel a need to keep eating something when it tastes good even if we feel full... there is a physiological reason for this in serotonin- it controls mood, appetite & insulin response. It's interesting reading if you want to google it...
Determined & Pat- we all live in the same type of weather (I'm very close to you Pat- in Stony Plain) I would love to run outside right now as it is warm enough but I would be sure to break something as it is so darn icy! I am happy that I have been exercising more though. Just really feel better afterward and it seems to be helping me mentally with staying on track with maintenance. My go to lately has been the zumba dvd's I bought off ebay. Absolutely love them as it feels like dancing rather than an exercise video.
determined I don't know if you have anyone that might be interested in exercising with you but it sure does help if you can find a partner...
dollfacebella- welcome to maintenance! I've heard the P90x videos are pretty brutal but very worthwhile...
bcgirl & woolberger & loneloser & stolaf & sunnymaeI was so very happy to read all of your posts! The festive season is so busy and it's nice to have everyone back for the New Year!
paintlady- you said it so well... that you know what needs to be done and you know how to do it... phase 1 when it is adhered to strictly does work we all know that or we never would have hit maintenance. And it is something to be proud of- hitting maintenance- it's well worth the many Phase 1 days it took to get here. So many fewer Phase 1 days are needed to lose a couple pounds than to lose many pounds...
sandy- I do still rely on my 'space packets' as my husband calls them for my Phase 1 day after my free day. I don't really plan on doing it for the rest of my life but for at least a couple years... Guess it's kind of like my security blanket- I know that when I use them, eat my veggies & 1 protein it takes the weight off. Left to my own devices the results quite unfortunately are not nearly so trustworthy...
darbs & pxlkitty- are you both still planning for a week of phase 1? And then a run through of 2 & 3? Or straight to 4?
jennydoodle- I had a couple P1 days last week too... how is phase 1 going?
itsabouttime- I love your new avatar! What a great pic! Happy to hear that you enjoyed your holidays... good luck with the restart!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #167  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

I am doing 100% phase 1 this week for sure. I may do another week of phase 1. Then I am going to do at least 2 more weeks of phase 1 with real food (2 eggs for breakfast, 4 ounce chicken breast and salad for lunch, meat/veggie for dinner, and bar for snack). Then I will go to phase 3 for a week and then off sometime around Valentine's Day. I need a solid month to 5 weeks of strictness to reset my mind.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #168  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning Maintainers. I am going to see my IP coach this morning. She scheduled an appt for today to see how I am doing in Maintenance and how I survived the holidays.

I am having some mixed emotions about Maintenance. I am holding steady at the same weight, but it's not working exactly as I had hoped/planned. I do okay if I stay in phase 3, I'm able to maintain my weight there. I also do fine adding a little fat back into my lunch. My problem is adding carbs back to dinner. If I do that, the scale is up about 2 lbs the next day, so I wind up doing a phase 1 or phase 2 the next day to get those 2 lbs off. With the holidays, it seemed like I had more cheat days and more phase 1 days than I should have, so have had really little time these last 2 weeks to figure maintenance out properly. I may be one of those people who is really sensitive to carbs. I guess I will figure out what is best for me eventually.

I bought some biotin yesterday at Sam's. It's a bottle of 250 pills, taken once daily, for $17. I was also looking for Omega 3, but didn't see it there. I'm running into town later to see if I can find something at Fred's. Still working on combating the hair loss before I commit to rebooting. If nothing else, I'd like to give myself more of a window, maybe 5 lbs, to play with in Maintenance. I'm sure I can acheive that with an extra phase 1 day each week for a month or so. I feel a little "fluffy" since phasing out, even though the weight is less. It's weird how hollow you feel in phase 1, how much better your clothes feel.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #169  

Good morning!

Cap, I tried Zumba dvd's with my colleagues, they thought they were fun, but I felt a little uncoordinated and like I wasn't really working out, (give me my Jillian Michaels!). I am doing water aerobics and want to UP my cardio a little more there and get my heart rate up. Need to watch some more Youtube videos.

Darbs, I would like to do this program without the packets. When I eat the carbs at night, I want to keep eating. Cap explained it a little, I might need to google more and read about it.

Paint Lady, I agree, a phase one day sure makes my clothes feel better, my belly is flatter.

Ok, I am off to weight in officially for 2012. Are we posting our weights on the Jan._Feb. challenge that is here at 3fatchicks, or is there another place for us?

Last edited by sandyh50; 01-04-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #170  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Good morning Maintainers. I am going to see my IP coach this morning. She scheduled an appt for today to see how I am doing in Maintenance and how I survived the holidays.

I am having some mixed emotions about Maintenance. I am holding steady at the same weight, but it's not working exactly as I had hoped/planned. I do okay if I stay in phase 3, I'm able to maintain my weight there. I also do fine adding a little fat back into my lunch. My problem is adding carbs back to dinner. If I do that, the scale is up about 2 lbs the next day, so I wind up doing a phase 1 or phase 2 the next day to get those 2 lbs off. With the holidays, it seemed like I had more cheat days and more phase 1 days than I should have, so have had really little time these last 2 weeks to figure maintenance out properly. I may be one of those people who is really sensitive to carbs. I guess I will figure out what is best for me eventually.

I bought some biotin yesterday at Sam's. It's a bottle of 250 pills, taken once daily, for $17. I was also looking for Omega 3, but didn't see it there. I'm running into town later to see if I can find something at Fred's. Still working on combating the hair loss before I commit to rebooting. If nothing else, I'd like to give myself more of a window, maybe 5 lbs, to play with in Maintenance. I'm sure I can acheive that with an extra phase 1 day each week for a month or so. I feel a little "fluffy" since phasing out, even though the weight is less. It's weird how hollow you feel in phase 1, how much better your clothes feel.
Paint Lady.. I thought of you. There is a good article on hair loss in the newest Oprah magazine with dr. Oz on the cover. It says that 60% of women lose hair at some point. It could be many cuase, genetic, hormones,(too much thryoid or toolittle, low estrogen or high estrogen) or trauma..(allergic reaction, high fever stress) (weight loss???
If your hair loss has been triggered by a specific event it will grow back once that issue is addressed. Chronic loss has 2 FDA approved treatments: Minoxidil and or finasteride.
One dr says he always looks for deficiencies in Vitamin D, zinc, or iron.

You might read the article and see if it helps..Maybe see your dr if the biotin does not help. Good luck with your coach today.

I am experimenting with adding a carb at lunch to see if that is better than at dinner.

Last edited by Maile; 01-04-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #171  
Maile

Cap..I admire you for doing zumba! That is fast and lots of work...but love the music. I still use the packets partially for Phase 1 also.

Sandy..I am not joining the big challenge here and am hoping for a maintenance challenge on Fatsecret. Glad your aerobics is going well.

Darby..Sounds like you are back in control and doing well on Phase 1.

Linden: Thanks so much for the recipe. It looks great.

That new Oprah magazine has a very good article on how to dress for your different body part issues. I discovered that unknownst to me there are now all of these undergarment shaper garments..such a strectchy thing over your arms to make them look thinner. Anyway good ideas on what clothes to wear for your body.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #172  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Maile,

I just noticed how much you have lost and maintained, You Rock! Congratulations to you, what an inspiration
Thanks Bellamack for your support. I feel like a new person.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #173  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Hey Darbs and fellow Re-booting Maintainers! I'm also on my IP January reboot. Now at day 3. Interesting this time around. I felt so desperate about the weight gain (up 9lbs) since maintenance, but I finally re-framed my thinking thanks to you guys about just doing this once a year for a few weeks and balancing myself out. (Thought of balancing my check-book, doing financial spreadsheets and everything else in my life that requires bookkeeping) I know that sounds ridiculously simplistic, but you know...it is!!!! That's when I stopped being emoitional about it and just said hey. Isn't it great you know what to do once a year at 9-10 up rather than 40? It's like knowing where to tighten your belt, when you need to make ends meet, so you can pay your bills.
Well...I want my zippers to meet when I put my pants on!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)
Happy New Years Everyone.
Here's funny prayer I read online...
"Dear G-d,
My prayer for 2012 is for
A fat bank account & a thin body.
Please don't mix these up like you did last year.
AMEN!
Sunnymae. Good luck on your rebooting. This time you have the tools to get yourself feeling better from the holidays. I returned to work to find that everyone there is in the same boat. My Y has the highest enrollment of the year and is very crowded with people working off that holiday.
Hope your day goes well.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #174  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Thanks Bellamack for your support. I feel like a new person.
I agree...what a great job you have done. I started out at a similar weight, but never made it to the weight you did. I fit into size 8 very comfortably in every store and even some 6's so I guess I just became satisfied....I may try to lose another 10 as I reboot this month.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #175  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default Welcome back all and here is to the NEW YEAR

Wow, go away from the computer for 4 days and so much happening...

Jelly you are doing so great keep it up.
Maile you are doing great in maintenance I wish I could say the same.
Darbs-Sunny welcome back.

And to everyone here, great job in the last year keep it up and I just love the suppore I get here.

I am starting again on phase 1 day 2, trying alternates this time, as Darbs says it is much harder with altenates for some reason...

I am finding maintenance really hard. I don't really have a fun day but then I slip up a couple of times during the week and figure I shouldn't have a fun day that was it. I am going to do much better now that Christmas and New Years is over and no one expects you to be eating all the sweets. Who ever told me that recipe for Christmas crack was very additive, no wonder they call it crack, I just assumed it was because you use crackers.... I LOVED that stuff I could eat the whole thing myself. I am finding I am going over on COFFEE (this from someone who hated coffee before this diet) got a Keurig and have at least 4 cups a day... not good... am back to using skim milk but the taste isn't as good as half and half. found a new fat free cream, from Lucerne that is less calories than half and half, like it but don't buy it often. I really miss using the puddings from IP but right now I have to get my bills sorted out so am sticking with alternatives.
I really have to start exercising too, I of course love walking my dogs, but now that it is so icy (freezing rain on top of old snow not good formula), scared I go to fast my old dog might fall and break a hip. she fell this morning just walking on the driveway and then she started running away... with no leash... poor thing has doggy alztimers. I tried the exercise ball keep getting bucked off, darn near sprained my hand on my dog's kennel.
I am ever thankful that my clothing still fits. I haven't seen the 140's since I went on Maintenance, and I have been in the 160's so I am freaked right out. I am going to have to watch my peanut butter I think that is one of my biggest issues. between my dog (who prefers eating peanutbutter to dog food or hamburger and rice most days) we go through a big 1 kg in at least a month... I am sticking with phase 1 for a couple weeks and like Darbs phase 2 for 2 and phase 3 and so on. I really want to say I have lost 100 lbs and next year this time say I never gained it back. I have the tools WE have the tools so we know that we have to focus and get it done.

Have a great day all, and sorry for all the rambling.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

day 4 on the re-boot...I forgot about cutting out restricteds like the protein bars. Got used to those and not having them is challenging for me. anyone out there on re-boot having those or other restricteds? there are so many conflicting points of view on sugar alcohols out there. some folks remain in ketosis and other fall right out. its a hard call to make. opinions anyone? anyway fellow re-booters...let's hang in there with each other. also using more alternative products from nashua this time around to save money. going to lurk on the recipe thread, so I can find something interesting for my veggies. i was never very creative on this diet. just kinda plowed thru it, but i think i might need some flavor,texture, aroma assistance this time around.
thanks everyone!
ps. i don't know how to create a challenge on fat secret either, so if anyone out there does and has the time please invite me!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #177  

On my phase 1 days, I still use 1/2 and 1/2. It has less carbs than the skim milk and it at least turns my coffee a different color. I definitely have a coffee addiction, at least 4 cups a day. Especially like today, when it's cold outside

I met with my coach. I lost 2 lbs since I was in the clinic last. Her scale says 160 with clothes, mine says 161 without clothes. I will be weighing on my scale from now on, so I'll just stick with what it says, even though hers is more kind. So, officially I met my goal! I talked with her about the gains I have when adding carbs back to my dinner. She really had no advice, said to try to eat carbs 3 nights in a row and see what happens. I'm a little nervous about that. In my mind, I see a 6 lb gain in 3 days. Maybe I will try 2 nights followed by 2 days of phase 1 if I need to. Maintenance kinda stinks!

I'm sure my hair loss is from losing weight, maybe a deficiency in something. I'm hoping it stops soon. I am done with losing weight for now and have added supplements. I guess time will tell.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #178  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
darbs & pxlkitty- are you both still planning for a week of phase 1? And then a run through of 2 & 3? Or straight to 4?
I'm bouncing around depending on the day. I'm on Phase 3 today. Still having a hard time committing to more than one day of Phase 1. I did an almost-perfect Phase 1 day a few days ago.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #179  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
On my phase 1 days, I still use 1/2 and 1/2. It has less carbs than the skim milk and it at least turns my coffee a different color.
I hope this isn't sacrilegious, but I'll share what I sometimes put in my coffee. I don't like oil on my salads, just cider vinegar, so on days that I don't roast vegetables I'm light on oil. I add a scant 1/2 t of coconut oil to my coffee. It's delicious and gives you the rich sense of drinking double cream.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #180  

Hmmm...coconut oil. I have never bought that before. I'm imagining olive oil in my coffee, please tell me how wrong I am to think that.
Closed Thread