Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

What's P90X?
Old 01-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #122  

Height: 5'6"

P90X is "extreme home fitness"...it's a hard core fitness program by Beachbody.com . 13 weeks of some pretty intense cardio and strength training using the muscle confusion theory so it is supposed to deliver fast results because your muscles dont get used to a routine. I did it last winter and didn't lose a single pound but there was muscle gain. This year I'm a head of the game because I've already lost the weight lol
Old 01-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #123  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
I have some old P90x videos! I don't think I will do them with my osteoarthritis in my knees. LInden, our local hotel/convention center has a pool that I am going to use. The grey haired ladies go early in the morning according to a colleague of mine, but that doesn't work for me as I am at school at 7:15 everyday. I plan on going after school.
But then, you're not a grey-haired lady.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:39 AM   #124  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies. Here I am ready to reset my mind...So I have been on this journey for over a year and a half. I have been in maintenance since Memorial Day weekend. I am currently up about 5 pounds. Here's to a perfect phase 1 day today. The first of at least 7, hopefully 14.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #125  

Height: 5'7'

Good morning all. I have been off the boards for about 2 weeks and that equated to being totally off plan too.

I feel gross and bloated and am very excited to go back to Phase 1 today. I am up 5 pounds and want to lose that plus a few more. I'm not sure what my 'goal' is, but I want to get back on track so I feel better.

Happy New Year to all of you.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #126  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Hope everyone's Phase 1 is going well today.

Sandy: Are you ready for the return to school and kids?

I am exploring the Flat Belly Diet..I need to get this stomach flatter..also going to try to focus on ab exercises.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #127  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Hello ladies. Here I am ready to reset my mind...So I have been on this journey for over a year and a half. I have been in maintenance since Memorial Day weekend. I am currently up about 5 pounds. Here's to a perfect phase 1 day today. The first of at least 7, hopefully 14.
Hi Darbs. Great to hear from you. I'm doing phase 1 today too. I'll join you for a full seven days of it. . I'm 2 lbs over the high end of my weight range.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 01-02-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi darbs,

You were one of the people I followed before I joined in on the IP diet! It sure sounds like you are doing well, heck it seems everyone has done well maintaining and I believe the founder of the diet always "refreshes" for a week or two in January. Happy 2012!

I am doing good back on Phase I this week, just one pound to lose to be at my phase-off/maintenance weight and then onward to goal! We are having winter weather after a few unseasonably warm days (which I loved & hubby helped me de-decorate) Now we get the pretty, big, fluffy snow.

Tomorrow I have to go hunt down and buy all the Sugar-free Peppermint creamer I can find. I am not a coffee per se drinker but yum to mocha. I make a decaf German Chocolate coffee in the morning, stick in freezer while I shower, then add a chocolate Muscle Milk lite or EAS and 2 T of the sugar -free peppermint mocha creamer, all over ice. IT IS FANTASTIC! So hubby comes home with a bottle of the creamer for me yesterday and says "its the last one Wal-Mart had" (very happy & proud of himself) and I looked at it and said "it is not sugar-free, but thank you for the thought. I had stocked the fridge with them before Christmas but everyone loved it in their coffee, so I gave them away, grrrrrr. I am rambling over coffee creamer, hmmmm. Off to the crafting room!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #129  

Quote:
I am up 2 pounds over my top number too! I am having a hard time having a perfect phase one day. Maybe because I am using alternatives , I don't know, just have to get my mind set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
But then, you're not a grey-haired lady.
LOL, You know I HAD gray hair and couldn't stand it and dyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Good morning all. I have been off the boards for about 2 weeks and that equated to being totally off plan too.

I feel gross and bloated and am very excited to go back to Phase 1 today. I am up 5 pounds and want to lose that plus a few more. I'm not sure what my 'goal' is, but I want to get back on track so I feel better.

Happy New Year to all of you.
Yep, that is what happens with adding the carbs, I feel bloated and fat too. Isn't it truly about FEELING BETTER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post

I am exploring the Flat Belly Diet..I need to get this stomach flatter..also going to try to focus on ab exercises.
I have to watch the Rose Bowl Parade first as my granddaughter is one of the timbrel marchers in front of the Salvation Army band, then water aerobics with a friend, and off to work in my room this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Hi Darbs. Great to hear from you. I'm doing phase 1 today too. I'll join you for a full seven days of it. . I'm 2 lbs over the high end of my weight range.
I went to FATSECRET but forgot how to use the group feature. I want to have a full week of phase one days too.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #130  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hi Darbs. I'm doing phase I again also to reboot. Up a little after the holidays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Yup...I am also up 2.5 over my "cut-off". Didn't weigh or track over holidays. I need some accountabillity and you guys are it!

I went to FATSECRET but forgot how to use the group feature. I want to have a full week of phase one days too.[/QUOTE]

So is there a new reboot challenge on Fatsecret? I don't see anything yet and I'm not sure how to start one. Please invite me.

Lynn
Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #131  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

I bought the book when it came out about 4-5 years ago and like what it has to say about MUFAs. But I also think there's a lot to be said for using some medium chain fatty acids, too, like coconut oil. I also found the meal plans pretty skimpy -- particularly low, very low in vegetables. I didn't use the exercises because I was having a lot of sciatica/fibromyalgia issues. But I think they're considered good. Hope this helps.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

Be careful with that plan, I ended up gaining on it. I am super carb sensative so it may not be so bad for you.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 01-02-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Phase 1 re-boot starts today, yippee!!! Sounds like there are lots of us! I am excited to get the free range eating under control. I have an appointment with my coach on Thursday to weigh-in and discuss maintenance. Apparently they are starting a monthly support group at the clinic which I think will help too.

I LOVE that peppermint sugar free creamer too! I wish I had stocked up. It's all gone now. I guess that can only help me with phase 1.

I got up this morning and cleaned all the restricted foods out of the fridge and made vegetable soup to take to work all week for lunch. I also made a large pan of enchiladas for the rest of the family to eat. I feel productive today, although the bronchitis is not even a little bit better.

Good luck to all on phase 1 this week!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #134  

Pauley, what is your recipe for vegetable soup? That sounds good.

I did it!!! Signed up for a swim pass at the local convention center pool, took my water jugs, and did water aerobics for 45 min. It was fun and my friend with back problems really liked it too. We plan on going everyday that we can at least 5 days a week. It felt good to do some form of exercise that did not hurt my knees.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like many successes! Many of us are feeling yucky because we gained a few pounds, myself included but so happy that I am not 50 pounds overweight like this time last year. Had a eating fest yesterday- new years dinner and then continued on until bedtime with bad choices. I cannot get out of the mindset that if I eat a high carb or simple carb indulgence, well I might as well shove every forbidden food I can get my hands on into my mouth! Am on plan for phase 1 so far so good today. Aslo have a heck of a time doing true phase 1. Tend to get hungry, start obsessing and then add too much meat or some cheese. For a new years resolution, I most definitely need to add some excersise. Can't seem to get motivated- so many excuses- I live in a town of about 300 people so there are not and classes, pools, etc. I like to walk outside so need to get my bum out there and just do it at least every other day for a start-as with anything, it is so hard for me to just get started. I prefer to stay snuggled up at home in front of the fireplace and watch the cooking channel! Happy NewYear all!
Closed Thread