Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #76  

Good morning everyone! I am still in Oregon but head back on the train late today, another 23 hour train ride! I am anxious to get back on track (just noticed the pun!LOL) as soon as I get home. I KNOW I ate way too much but I am not sweating it right now. I did enjoy my phase 3 breakfasts every day but then just got out of control the rest of the day into evening. It is fun to be with family, my son and his girlfriend came down from Seattle. We all went "swimming" at the Kroc center here yesterday but I did more hot tubbing! I know my stomach is bloated and my face is fuller from all the carbs I've been eating but I still didn't look that bad in my swimsuit. Now back to phase 1 when I get home!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #77  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Aloha. I love, love being in the warm sun. I had a wonderful Xmas I was able to get on the plane happy despite an airport guard not believing I was the person in the picture Id.
As I changed trains in Leipzieg I wondered if you'd made it to Oahu safely. Do soak up the sun for all of us! (And one of, the many, nice things about trains is there are NO security checks. Still, they may be worth it for the moment when the guard disputes your picture. )

Too many great posts here since i went off line on the 22nd to cover them all but I do hope everyone continues to have wonderful holidays and continues to add such thoughtful, thought-provoking, information-laden posts. They sure are much appreciated.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #78  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Oh Lordy! Back to Phase 1 yesterday....and what a headache I have today!! I can't wait to feel better!!! LOL!!!! Tomorrow will be a better (thinner) day!!! I have about 4 pounds I'd like to take off before New Years!!

Best wishes to all!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Heading into day 3 of post-holiday damage control. I think I'll do Phase 3 today because I just want more than a shake for breakfast! I've come down with a nasty head cold so I won't be able to run today and I'm going to want comfort food. I hope I am able to find comfort in vegetables. Perhaps borscht. I have a lot of beets.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #80  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Heading into day 3 of post-holiday damage control. I think I'll do Phase 3 today because I just want more than a shake for breakfast! I've come down with a nasty head cold so I won't be able to run today and I'm going to want comfort food. I hope I am able to find comfort in vegetables. Perhaps borscht. I have a lot of beets.
I made Turkey soup with lots of veggies and zucchini noodles...should cure a headcold.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #81  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Hi Linden..the weather is cooperating..no rainy season now. I am ready to move back. Taking walks around Diamond head and Waikiki Beach. How lovely is that?

I am eating phase 1 breakfasts. Eating lots of Asian food. Staying focused.

Hope everyone is doing well today..no matter what phase you are in.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #82  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Hi Linden..the weather is cooperating..no rainy season now. I am ready to move back. Taking walks around Diamond head and Waikiki Beach. How lovely is that?

I am eating phase 1 breakfasts. Eating lots of Asian food. Staying focused.

Hope everyone is doing well today..no matter what phase you are in.
Yeah. I was listening to NPR Morning Edition during dinner: "Mostly sunny skies; low 80s." And you deserve a BIG reward!

No loco moco, right? No two scoops rice, two scoops mac. Kind of makes me nauseous to even think about it.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

I made the borscht and it turned out great! My husband even ate it and he hates beets. Healthy comfort food. I think I'll have it for dinner too.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning everyone! I am still in Oregon but head back on the train late today, another 23 hour train ride! I am anxious to get back on track (just noticed the pun!LOL) as soon as I get home. I KNOW I ate way too much but I am not sweating it right now. I did enjoy my phase 3 breakfasts every day but then just got out of control the rest of the day into evening. It is fun to be with family, my son and his girlfriend came down from Seattle. We all went "swimming" at the Kroc center here yesterday but I did more hot tubbing! I know my stomach is bloated and my face is fuller from all the carbs I've been eating but I still didn't look that bad in my swimsuit. Now back to phase 1 when I get home!
Hi Sandy,
I am back to phase I today, I was going to wait until the first, but why wait? I hope you had a wonderful holiday. Our daughter will be home Jan 10-17 and I can't wait to see her, it has been 6 months. She lives in CA and we are in NY boo hoo. I will be posting and reading, that is what helps me stay on track. Happy New Year to all
Old 12-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #85  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Just checking in with everyone. Hope you are all doing well. I am off the rest of the week as my firm is closed. So... timing was right for a NEW KITTEN! My son is in love (he is 4) with her. We named her KC (short for Kitty Cat) after our late cat "Kitty" who died from cancer in Oct 2010. She is 4 months old and we got her from a local shelter. She even looks a lot like our late Kitty. I could tell that my husband was interested in this particular cat as soon as we entered the pet store. He walked over to her cage and just stood in front of it.

Our other cat, Mimi, doesn't seem to care too much. It'll be a few days, but I'm hoping that they will peacefully cohabitate before too long.

On another note, I found something in the freezer section of the grocery store that I absolutely love. They are called "Garden Lites" and they are egg white/vegetable souflles that you put in the microwave. I got a zucchini one to try it, and loved it. I got a cauliflower one yesterday, and ended up eating it as an afternoon snack yesterday. They have a good amount of protein, very little fat, and about 20gms carbs. They also have roasted vegetable, butternut squash, among other things. I plan to stick with the ones made with Phase 1 vegetables such as zucchini, spinach, and cauliflower. I see these as great "go to" snacks when I am hungry but really want to eat something that will fill me up and give me a nutrition boost.

Quote:
Pxl - I feel like I'm obsessing about food most of the time too. The constant tracking and having to make tough choices puts a lot of thought and effort into eating. It doesn't seem like it should be that way, but I can't find a way around it. It always bugged me that my skinny friends were so obsessive about food and calculating everything they put in their mouths. They almost seem to engage in competitive starving. At least that's how it appeared to me when I was the big one eating whatever I wanted. Now I've turned into one of them. I'm not happy about it, but it's worked for them for years of maintenance and it seems to be working for me now too. I am certainly happy wearing cute little jeans to all my parties!
I feel exactly the same way... I keep thinking that there has to be some "way around it", but then I get discouraged and think that there isn't. Here is my plan for the next few days... I already had a Phase 3 breakfast today because I simply feel deprived without it. I think I just need to get through New Year's, then everything will be about diet and exercise rather than food and alcohol. I think that things will be easier then.

I'm headed to the local warehouse store today and will stock up on lettuce mix, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. I am still eating a ton of vegetables and always have a salad for lunch. I have to keep in mind that I eat SO much better than this time last year, I still weigh 55lbs less than I did when I started the diet. I am 0.5 lbs above the top of my weight range, and that isn't a big deal... Why do we do these things to ourselves mentally? I just don't understand it.

Oh well... my mental struggle continues. I am hoping that doing some better planning (and getting all the holiday cookies and junk out of the house) will help. I also wonder if a few Phase 1 days will help me because perhaps I'm back to the carb addiction and don't realize it.

Quote:
Aloha. I love, love being in the warm sun. I had a wonderful Xmas I was able to get on the plane happy despite an airport guard not believing I was the person in the picture Id.
Wow. What a great problem to have! Congratulations, although I'm sure that you were stressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I am also up 1 lb this morning from where I was before my 3 days of Christmas parties. I did phase 1 yesterday and was relieved to not have to think about what I was going to eat. Today, I am eating a phase 3 day, mainly because I really missed my breakfast the last 4 days. My goal today is to drink all of my water. I've been having a hard time with that since we were driving all over the place for the holidays.
I am SO like this re: breakfasts. I think it's my favorite meal of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
I did enjoy my phase 3 breakfasts every day but then just got out of control the rest of the day into evening. It is fun to be with family, my son and his girlfriend came down from Seattle. We all went "swimming" at the Kroc center here yesterday but I did more hot tubbing! I know my stomach is bloated and my face is fuller from all the carbs I've been eating but I still didn't look that bad in my swimsuit. Now back to phase 1 when I get home!
I think we'll have to set up a January reset challenge so that we can all stick to Phase 1 in the New Year. I've stopped entering my progress on fatsecret, which is ironic since I was the one who set it up... Tell me what you think. I am thinking that I could commit to a solid week of Phase 1 before deciding whether to continue.

Quote:
I am sensing a "I want a Phase 3 breakfast" tone on the boards lately. It's so hard to wake up and face a shake or a bowl of crispy cereal for breakfast.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

I think we'll have to set up a January reset challenge so that we can all stick to Phase 1 in the New Year. I've stopped entering my progress on fatsecret, which is ironic since I was the one who set it up... Tell me what you think. I am thinking that I could commit to a solid week of Phase 1 before deciding whether to continue.

I am sensing a "I want a Phase 3 breakfast" tone on the boards lately. It's so hard to wake up and face a shake or a bowl of crispy cereal for breakfast.
Oh Yes, please do a Jan. reset challenge! I am starting today since I don't have any more food events that might occur. Yep, I think we all love our phase 3 breakfasts, but they will be something to look forward to in the NEW YEAR!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #87  

So far so good on day one!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

oh Sandy,

send me some good vibes. A friend stopped by with homemade cookies and I binged, I did so well for so long and then today went crazy
Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Oh Lordy! Back to Phase 1 yesterday....and what a headache I have today!! I can't wait to feel better!!! LOL!!!! Tomorrow will be a better (thinner) day!!! I have about 4 pounds I'd like to take off before New Years!!

Best wishes to all!!!
I hear you about the headache! After about 5 days of out of control carb loading and feeling like a fat bloated pig, I went back to a phase1/2style of eating on Tuesday. I forgot about the headache and dizzy feeling that comes from carb withdrawal. My headache is still present, but barely. I remember day 4 when I first went on ideal protein being a turning point as far as feeling decent. I am finding it difficult to do a pure phase 1 day. I feel like I am starving and so I add more protein at supper or eat a phase 2 day. Am feeling so much better and lighter. My scale actually showed a 10 pound gain! I am determined not to weigh until Tuesday but can tell by my clothes that the pounds are coming off. I am considering losing some more weight- going down to 150. We'll see.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #90  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning. So, I have survived my first week of maintenance with 3 days of Christmas eating thrown into the middle of it. I am still at 161 this morning. I was planning to do the reboot after the 1st of the year, but I'm worried about it as my hair is falling out... still. I read the thread about hair loss and plan to shop for some supplements, but this really bothers me. I understand I shouldn't be so vain, but I am. I don't think I am going to restart until my hair stops coming out in clumps. I'm really trying not to stress over it because being stressed causes hair loss , but I could seriously cry over it.
Closed Thread