Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I am having a hard time getting motivated to exercise as much as I should. When it is warm out, I love to walk. When it's cold, I get down and want the sun out and don't feel like do much.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #137  

Brenda, can you use your fitness room at work? Maybe switch channels and watch an excercise channel instead of the cooking channel.LOL. I am having a hard time doing a "pure" phase one day also. But in the long run, as long as I am not taking in a gazillion calories I should be ok, just a slower time of getting off these extra pounds. I don't want to buy a lot of extra IP products because that is not the way I want to go for the rest of my life. I bought some Adkins Advantage RTD shakes at Pamida and will use those. I have chicken in the crockpot, bought some ff reduced sodium chicken broth, celery, zuchinni, and cabbage and might try making some soup. That sounds good. Hang in there everyone!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Brenda, can you use your fitness room at work? Maybe switch channels and watch an excercise channel instead of the cooking channel.LOL. I am having a hard time doing a "pure" phase one day also. But in the long run, as long as I am not taking in a gazillion calories I should be ok, just a slower time of getting off these extra pounds. I don't want to buy a lot of extra IP products because that is not the way I want to go for the rest of my life. I bought some Adkins Advantage RTD shakes at Pamida and will use those. I have chicken in the crockpot, bought some ff reduced sodium chicken broth, celery, zuchinni, and cabbage and might try making some soup. That sounds good. Hang in there everyone!
Yes I can use the excersise room at work and should before I go home every night. Like I said- I am the queen of excuses. I just have to start! I would like to get down to 150. I have tons of IP packets left- could probably do phase 1 for 2 months easily without buying 1 packet. When I was doing phase 1, I would go through kicks where I would really like a type of packet and buy a couple boxes, then I would get sick of it and go to another. I still like the chocolate drink and vanilla rtd in coffee although I am really starting to enjoy 1/2and 1/2 in my morning coffee which is low carb friendly. I like to keep some packets around just because I think they are like a mental security blanket- like having the packets in my cupboard will make me lose weight! weight loss/ maintenance is such a psychological issue it isn't even funny.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Hi all! I have been having a heck of a time getting on track and staying on track the last 2 days. I FINALLY cleaned up all the junk food and put it out of sight. I am still keeping it around because hubby will eat it, but at least it is off of the counter and out of sight every time I walk into the kitchen.

Tomorrow HAS to be a full fledged Phase 1 day. I need to cleanse my system of all the junk that has passed my lips over the holiday's. I know I will feel so much better once I can get all of this sugar out of my system, but now it seems that it is so much harder to do P1. But I am vowing, here and now, to have a proper P1 day!

For those who are having trouble getting out and exercising, a little saying I often say to myself is "the 1st step out the door is the hardest". I know that once I start exercising I will feel good and when I am done I will feel great, but getting out the door is often the worst part. You will NEVER regret working out, you just have to get that foot out of the door.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #140  

I am having a real good day. Just made the Ice cream in a baggie using my Adkins advantage chocolate shake. I put a little WF caramel on top, it really hit the spot. Now a cup of tea, finsh my water and I am good for the day.
Brenda, I have NO extra IP packets. I need to go in and buy some butterscotch pudding packets and make my zuchinni muffins. I love those and take them for lunch.

I will be doing water aerobics tomorrow right after school at 4:10. It was so much fun and I felt like I got some exercise in.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Sandy - I don't have a recipe for the vegetable soup, I just use whatever I've got on hand so it's different every time. This time it was beef broth, lots of garlic, onions and zucchini with a can of stewed tomatoes. I throw in any and every vegetable and always love it! What are the zucchini muffins you make with butterscotch pudding? I have both items on hand and at this point need to do phase 1 for the foreseeable future!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #142  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Sandy - I don't have a recipe for the vegetable soup, I just use whatever I've got on hand so it's different every time. This time it was beef broth, lots of garlic, onions and zucchini with a can of stewed tomatoes. I throw in any and every vegetable and always love it! What are the zucchini muffins you make with butterscotch pudding? I have both items on hand and at this point need to do phase 1 for the foreseeable future!
If there are any packets that you need, let me know.. I have a "ton" of extras...
Old 01-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #143  

Jenny- my foot out the door is about 20 below zero this time of year- although it has been unseasonably warm here lately for northeast Montana. You are right thou- I just need to get a day under my belt of taking a walk or something!
Am having a good phase1/2 day. Steak and turnip fries for supper - yummy and got plenty of water in. Feels good to eat low carb- I am always amazed at how much flatter my stomach is. Carbs bloat me up like a pregnant toad!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Jenny- my foot out the door is about 20 below zero this time of year- although it has been unseasonably warm here lately for northeast Montana. You are right thou- I just need to get a day under my belt of taking a walk or something!
Am having a good phase1/2 day. Steak and turnip fries for supper - yummy and got plenty of water in. Feels good to eat low carb- I am always amazed at how much flatter my stomach is. Carbs bloat me up like a pregnant toad!
I am due north of you and I had to smile when Jenny said the first step out the door is the hardest. Around here the first step out the door results in a frozen fooot! But it is unseasonably warm here too, I don't think it has even been above freezing in early Jan before in living memory. It will likely be -30 in July to make up for it!
You are so right about how much better it feels to be off carbs. I must keep the pregnant toad image in mind next time I am tempted.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #145  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

And here all this time I thought TOADS laid eggs!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
And here all this time I thought TOADS laid eggs!
Ok, a toad full of eggs then!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #147  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I bought the book when it came out about 4-5 years ago and like what it has to say about MUFAs. But I also think there's a lot to be said for using some medium chain fatty acids, too, like coconut oil. I also found the meal plans pretty skimpy -- particularly low, very low in vegetables. I didn't use the exercises because I was having a lot of sciatica/fibromyalgia issues. But I think they're considered good. Hope this helps.
Thanks Linden,
I agree with your comments about the low vegetables and skimpy. What I am going to do is add MUFAS into my eating. I really have not added them back yet and think for health I should eat nuts, and oils. Plus if it can help me with this tummy, that would be great.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #148  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Getting out of the door is the hardest part for exercising. Fortunately we have hit a warm spell here, so this morning will be easier.

I do feel better eating low carbs. I cannot handle sugar well at all anymore.

Have a great day everyone. Back to my little darlings at school.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #149  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hi all! I have been having a heck of a time getting on track and staying on track the last 2 days. I FINALLY cleaned up all the junk food and put it out of sight. I am still keeping it around because hubby will eat it, but at least it is off of the counter and out of sight every time I walk into the kitchen.

Tomorrow HAS to be a full fledged Phase 1 day. I need to cleanse my system of all the junk that has passed my lips over the holiday's. I know I will feel so much better once I can get all of this sugar out of my system, but now it seems that it is so much harder to do P1. But I am vowing, here and now, to have a proper P1 day!
Hey. I know exactly what you mean. I got so close to doing Phase 1 for real, then had a slice of cheese... I will do better today. Hang in there.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #150  

I did have a pretty good day yesterday, I chose to have sweet potato baked fries instead of my broccoli for supper. It hit the spot.

Jelly, I have a clinic nearby, I just have to go buy some packets, they were closed over the vacation and are open today. You are sweet to offer though.

I found my zuchiini muffin recipe in Finn's recipe , he used a lemon pudding but I switched it to butterscotch, you really could use any pudding.

Maille, I forgot you were a teacher too. You are middle/high school right?

I did buy some cabbage and broth for veggie soup. Just need to make it.

First day of school in 2012. Need to get moving. I will be doing water aerobics after school. Fun!
Closed Thread